These are the biggest issues in MO2 and how to fix them

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
So people cracked the game in beta and they selling a hack for MO, which is the one all the kids looting in dungeons are using, on top of that the game doesn't even have its own login server so they relay completly on EAC and steam login. This being said theres absolutly no measures right now to prevent hackers/exploiters into the game. GM's having to manually find people hacking to ban and these people don't even have to buy new accounts.

All the grind and stupid ass design of progression is being bypassed by duping, hacking, exploiting and buying gold. If PVE wasnt so absolute garbage maybe people would still feel like farming the shit.

This already been reported since BETA, i did and i know many others did aswell.

Problem is the dev agenda is delayed because SV morons actually thought the server could handle 100k people and found out the server couldn't handle over 2k people on LAUNCH. So whatever was ment to be developed is now far behind in the list of priorities not to mention SV's development speed is on full turtle ass mode.

Not gonna lie, game is in bad shape, i still enjoy playing it but soon when enough people quits the game its going to be worse than the last days of beta.
What worries me the most is the pop gonna drop so much that henrik gonna say on next patch that the server can already handle 5k people and hes gonna start billing us for subs just to find out the server won't be able to deal with 5k at all.

SV has no QA as they didn't had in MO1 and its basically the same shitshow, Henrik lives in a fart cloud he calls "vision" when the reality is they need to hire a proper team of professionals to take over the proyect if they want it to progress, otherwise mortal is ment to be "the game that was almost good but died".
This is what happens when amateurs run a company instead of hiring professionals.

Last edited:

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Not gonna lie, game is in bad shape, i still enjoy playing it but soon when enough people quits the game its going to be worse than the last days of beta.
What worries me the most is the pop gonna drop so much that henrik gonna say on next patch that the server can already handle 5k people and hes gonna start billing us for subs just to find out the server won't be able to deal with 5k at all.

When start charge sub and the game keeps like this the pop will down hard

But just to we keep eye on steam charts before was 26% if now is already 40% well now im convinced that the game is losing ppl

MonthAvg. PlayersGain% GainPeak Players
Last 30 Days2,867.8-1,964.2-40.65%6,329

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
goddamnit this times a million. the map design literally encourages the idea of exploration, and then completely discourages the reality of exploration for the above reasons.
Coincidently, my wife is playing Skyrim (her first Elder Scrolls). It's sobering to see the contrast. Those maps are SO delicately tuned to player exploration.

Now, i wouldn't want MO to be THAT player friendly... but let's get a random vase or barrel or skeleton.

You ever notice that the vast majority of times there's not even pickables on those false paths? ... but that may be due to the north lacking in pickables anyway. But East too. I wouldn't mind some pirum lining that eastern steppe cliff. It's near barren.

There's one kinda weird (not really shortcut) near Hylls that they put a 2 tribe rat on. I'd be glad to settle for a single guardian tribe rat at the end of every false endeavor?

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Coincidently, my wife is playing Skyrim (her first Elder Scrolls). It's sobering to see the contrast. Those maps are SO delicately tuned to player exploration.

Now, i wouldn't want MO to be THAT player friendly... but let's get a random vase or barrel or skeleton.

You ever notice that the vast majority of times there's not even pickables on those false paths? ... but that may be due to the north lacking in pickables anyway. But East too. I wouldn't mind some pirum lining that eastern steppe cliff. It's near barren.

There's one kinda weird (not really shortcut) near Hylls that they put a 2 tribe rat on. I'd be glad to settle for a single guardian tribe rat at the end of every false endeavor?

what I feel is the game isn't finished, you can notice by doing alchemy, like in flowers you have atributes like Mana Over Time Direct Mana, in herbalism you clearly read the description "The knowledge and skill required for extracting raw ingredients from herbs or plants, such as pollen, nectar, seeds, petals, fluids, and oils - ingredients often used in cooking and alchemy. Higher skill significantly reduces waste when extracting ingredients from herbs and plants." but flowers there is no use in alchemy right now, we can even see in the Herbologium flowers there given a hint that there is the place to extract.

so probably SV imported the map from mortal 1, did a remaster and changes and lunch the beta and with content updates things can change .

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Pets are nice for PvE but PvP should be about player skill
Games like SWG and and in some states of the game World of warcraft showed that you CAN have pet systems that require and award player skill. MO is pretty far away from that point thought, but it CAN get there, just needs work. Like so many things.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
And Henrik is on streams talking about Sarducca and boats.

Why does how things are going feel so familiar? 🤡

Reactions: Finnley

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
And Henrik is on streams talking about Sarducca and boats.

Why does how things are going feel so familiar? 🤡
Because you are wearing shit-stained glasses.

Once the technical difficulties are over with, we'll see if they return to churning out content like they did in beta. If they still have the same dev team, they should.

No point in being debbie-downer till we know.

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
On a side note about reputation:

Its not a good system, when the reputation gain is connected to the starting race. My mage usually gets 2 khurite rep per parcel where as my warrior usually gets 1. Why are khurites racist against dwarves? Also the max limited should be equalized. I even chose the khurite faction, didnt have any imapct as Finnley mentioned.

Reactions: Finnley

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Because you are wearing shit-stained glasses.

Once the technical difficulties are over with, we'll see if they return to churning out content like they did in beta. If they still have the same dev team, they should.

No point in being debbie-downer till we know.
SV is very good at releasing broken unfinished content, not good at fixing tough and even worse at balancing.
They still have the same dev team as in MO1 and they still keep doing the exact same mistakes..
I can understand why many vets are frustrated.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
SV is very good at releasing broken unfinished content, not good at fixing tough and even worse at balancing.
They still have the same dev team as in MO1 and they still keep doing the exact same mistakes..
I can understand why many vets are frustrated.
False. They do not have the same dev team as in MO1. There are three devs that are the same that we know, that's Seb, Henrik and Mats.

Last we heard the dev team was numbered in the 20s. Even when MO1 had the biggest team going it was barely around 10 and after release they slowly decayed into a tiny dev team of something like 4? 5? At some point I think it was just Seb+Henrik with some outsourcing.

Wait and see if they start doing the same amount of regular big patches that we saw in alpha/beta of mo2 or if they have entirely lost their momentum with putting work into the backend/server stuff. I think next patch thats coming soon will be the last we see doing server stuff, if it works. So a month after that I expect our first content patch, if they are as capable as they were in beta. If they don't come up into that level of productivity then that's a reason to worry.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
False. They do not have the same dev team as in MO1. There are three devs that are the same that we know, that's Seb, Henrik and Mats..
SV has a habit of saying things, which either turn out to be false or half truths . Until there's proof of more than a handful of developers working at SV, I won't believe it. The last time Henrik said something similar, was for Mortal Royale, how it was "a separate team than MO1"...which turned out to be a lie and halted MO1's development for half a year.

Don't be so gullible to believe what is said, especially considering SV's track record. They might have two or three more developers at SV, but I doubt anymore than that. Outsourced art from free lancers/third party artists and UE asset packs, don't counter as members of SV dev team.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Like I said, people wearing shit-stained glasses.
lol ok, no real argument you have here. Just pure copium trying to say mo1 waste a dissater and dead game for clear reason. MO1 always had tech issue and so will this game. SV is very incompetent and doesnt even know how to design a game. Well some of SV does but Henrik is just making the worse mistakes and doesnt understand the game.

Biggest issues are from the devs purposefully mismanaging the game. Henrik is not going to have a change of heart and not suddenly decide to be a decent game dev and understand his game. If Henrik was not in charge and FJ was then the game would do much better. But sadly I don't see SV getting a decent game designer in charge for the future.

Doenst care that performance is bad, doesnt understand the issues from eye adaption that is common industry knowleges, goes back on his word regularly like how he was going to stop sells if they sold to many copies, doesnt understand PvP or the meta.

SV has a horrible MO1 track record, a horrible MO2 track record, and will have a horrible future track record. Will all that track record of being shit your cope respons is that we just see things in a tinted fashion. Pretty much you are projecting, we see things as is. The game has huge issues and the issues are dev choice and purposfull.