The changes required to save MO2

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
  1. Territory Control & Seige. There is nothing more necessary for the games longevity than the implementation of these core game mechanics.
  2. A temporary item/ability to destroy doors. PVP vs impenetrable houses is just dumb. No one likes it. Currently dozens and dozens of players are frustrated with immersion breaking pvp that involves hiding behind impenetrable walls. Players should also be able to destroy walls/workbenches and furnature blocking their paths in houses/strongholds.
  3. Ability to have a home priest AND be able to revive in your personal house. This allows for faster yet restricted travel and prevents priest camping.
  4. More PVE content. Pve content brings more pvp content. We need more pois, more dungeons, more camps and more variety.
  5. Game breaking flux farming to end. You had a good thing going with the legacy trinkets. Things were interesting and fun then you nerfed it into oblivion. Good trinkets should be much more common to allow for more variety of builds etc.
These are just my top 5 changes i feel the game needs. What do you all think?

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I agree with these. Another I'd add is lawless zones of some sort. People shouldn't need to worry about standing fighting at a dungeon super far from town. Although I think that when they add TC most people will just stop caring about standing altogether. Only reason anyone keeps it up is so they can actually use towns because you cant make a livable base yet.

Also make it so town priests will res reds that have positive standing in that area. Its stupid that the guards protect you butr the priest wont res. Just a pointless time sink for people who pvp.

Also make red camps red camps again, and maybe add more camps in between towns. More places for conflict closer to where people live. When they made regional standing I always thought of it like darkfall race wars. You are supposed to go attack people of the other faction. But its aids having to travel across the world, would be much cooler if there were camps to live at part way as liek a base to fight from.

Also they just need to complete the standing system in general. If its going to be a faction ish thing with sides, you should have to identify with a faction. You shouldnt be able to die at bakti and g ores and give standing loss at meduli.

Yes all of these changes would mean more people getting dunked. But thats good. SV trying to be carebear and save kids from pvp obviously isnt working, as seen by a new low on steam charts every week. Its an open pvp game, SV needs to just embrace it and promote more conflict.

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
No one likes it.
Speak for yourself. It surely is annoying when someone runs to their house and shuts the door, BUT it could be resolved with having some sort of timer that allows anyone to open a door say 30 seconds after it was closed, make anyone be able to open a door from inside, and make it impossible to add furniture or walls 30 seconds after being hit. But zergs breaking into my house while i'm minding my business making potions and wrecking havok, destroying my fancy book shelf? No thank you. Sieging is one thing, it at least requires preparation, resources, time, and a lot of people.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Also make red camps red camps again, and maybe add more camps in between towns.
OMG this. They've made the map much bigger so now you need a stronghold in every part of the map if you're planning to stay there for a while. Large guilds can afford it, but small guilds are fucked. They wouldn't be the same as strongholds, they would allow PvP, they would probably serve as PvP hotspots, what's so bad about it?

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
1: Agree.
2: I am more with more complex house building like something related to strong materials for a strong house. If you use ironwood , steel and tephra your house Will be more strong and resilient than an house built with saburra, spongewood and pig iron. So a weak house can be destroyed with some hammers, yes. Also house lootable/steal keys must be reintroduced.
3: I dont like many priests, people must travel and surive. Win and lose.
4: agree.
5: i think trinkets must be rare the cuprum ones and very rare and almost ubique the others .

Last edited:

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Also make it so town priests will res reds that have positive standing in that area. Its stupid that the guards protect you butr the priest wont res. Just a pointless time sink for people who pvp.
I dont know if this is a good solution, at least not wihtout other changes to the system. I dont like that reds can just wander around and be protected by guards. Maybe some sort of rep linked attitude change for guards. Like if you are tolerated or less, guards will not protect the murderer, unless the attacker is dispised. Maybe even have guards be reluctant to attack a loved blue, or at least slow in doing so. With some changes like these, I'd like a few red priests added to special town areas like GY's or the old tindrem slums, if it is added later on. I think the rep system is a good idea, just seem like it was not really implememted as anything but a placeholder for a more advanced system.

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
  1. Territory Control & Seige. There is nothing more necessary for the games longevity than the implementation of these core game mechanics.
  2. A temporary item/ability to destroy doors. PVP vs impenetrable houses is just dumb. No one likes it. Currently dozens and dozens of players are frustrated with immersion breaking pvp that involves hiding behind impenetrable walls. Players should also be able to destroy walls/workbenches and furnature blocking their paths in houses/strongholds.
  3. Ability to have a home priest AND be able to revive in your personal house. This allows for faster yet restricted travel and prevents priest camping.
  4. More PVE content. Pve content brings more pvp content. We need more pois, more dungeons, more camps and more variety.
  5. Game breaking flux farming to end. You had a good thing going with the legacy trinkets. Things were interesting and fun then you nerfed it into oblivion. Good trinkets should be much more common to allow for more variety of builds etc.
These are just my top 5 changes i feel the game needs. What do you all think?

I don't agree, i don't know why people expect sieging to save the game. It would only be a tool for another and more punishing way to grief people. We know zergs and keep owners will allways have the upper hand. I think its a mistake to give sieging such a savior role that won't deliver, at least not right now.
Theres houses from quitters going boom and you think making the people playing to be vulnerable by sieging is going to bring much more population.
I also see some sort of door breaking-lockpicking mechanic being a good asset but not before addressing other more important issues, you clearly have a thing against people using houses, theres things that could be reworked im sure but it wouldn't be my choice for urgent development.

I myself rather see other things being taken care before sieging comes out.
For example the rework of the placeholder pve content in its many forms.

I was planning to do a thread about this but ill summarize it.

Crafting

Rework crafting or add new features that would require interaction between crafting classes.
We can see how extraction and butchery are professions that are bridges between tier 1 materials and crafting classes, such as armor, weapon, equipment and more. But other than that theres no tie or link between these crafting classes which ends up making crafting a more or less isolated activity.

Now, what i mean with this is that crafting should require in certain degree a diversity of activities that respond to a collective production line, for giving a random examples.
An alchemyst should be able to do metal polisher that applied by a weapon crafter would enhance the properties of a weapon.
A chef could do decoctions required by alchemists on doing certain items or an alchemyst could do specific mixtures for cooks to make better foods.

Now, these examples serve as a general idea.
But i'd even vouch for a remake of several of the crafting classes to be more organic and require another layer of healthy player interaction.

Cooking has a lot of potential, to even help balancing combat. Right now its on a terrible placeholder spot, i don't know why nobody see the potential that crafting class has for the game. Player buff foods, nothing gamebreaking just minor buffs with a somewhat complex crafting system, food for pets, baits for fishing, you name it.

Alchemy, needs kegs and vial crafting, purifys, combine option, that according to henrique its already ingame. Not to mention the bast variety of things alchemy should be in charge of but its just there...

Gathering should be a profession, a valuable well rewarding profession. Gatherers should prob have to spec on gathering tools for gathering speed and yields, with the knowledge of gatherables.

Crafting tools should be a thing, all mining, woodcutting, herbs and fruits should have a positive effect on the activity by making it less time consuming and more yield rewarding.
You want people producing shit thats gonna be used, contemplating a variety of low tier and high tier crafts for a diversity of gameplays is key.
More than just gold sink features the game needs more content to use materials, materials that have no use whatsoever and re-value the materials that are ingame.

Combat pets

Need beast mastery features, pets should be PVE directed mostly. They should be designed as a support role for pvp but not a main role till theres proper active command skills that require a little more effort than just sending a pet to auto attack some motherfucker.
Pets need to be more accesible, les time consuming to get and lvl but less OP in pvp.
AI needs to be reworked.

AI

Needs a rework, while some creatures have a very very basic AI including a somewhat working pathing. Their actual AI should have behavior, a behavior that mimics a little better the environment reality.
Lets say, bandits killing/taming fauna. And Fauna fighting eachother, its a little nuts to be running around and seeing the whole forest is just standing there, bears by razorbacks, wolves standing next to springboks, this may not be considered a first need type of feature but damn AI does definitely need a proper rework, it really is terrible.

Mounteds

Mounted archer problematic needs to get balance, including mounts balance, mounted mage tweaks and mounted combat rework.

Environment

Take off PVE content thats next to town, mining shouldn't be allowed in towns. Leave low tier gold incomes such as pigs, springboks and graveyards (until a proper rework).
Players should be taugth and rewarded to explore and use the vast geography of the map, not condensed in towns for semi-afk safe mining thats just something you don't wanna encourage.
Gotta say its great they addressed the wilderness pve problematic by not having crushers and shit, but now despite houses and strongholds not being able to have refining ovens it opens the playfield for people to own a house and collect shit around it, which is absolutly great to take some pressure off towns, obviously at a real cost, which is not minor but definitely rewarding.

Change of the law.

First step for balancing pvp, remove ress to report feature.
Add alive whitness report system. If a player sees a grey dude/s in the wilderness and manages to escape to town and report thats gonna have an impact on the criminal's reputation. Implementation could vary, but i'd say to be reported only once per criminal timer cicle as it should be considered one crime, will have to measure and define what would a single crime be and the difference between multiple crimes. But it would definitely be a concept thats more fit to the player interaction concept of the game, it really is straight forward and better than the bullshit we have at this precise moment.
Other things should be tweaked/changed, such as parcels and murdercounts for example.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I don't agree, i don't know why people expect sieging to save the game. It would only be a tool for another and more punishing way to grief people. We know zergs and keep owners will allways have the upper hand. I think its a mistake to give sieging such a savior role that won't deliver, at least not right now.
Theres houses from quitters going boom and you think making the people playing to be vulnerable by sieging is going to bring much more population.
I also see some sort of door breaking-lockpicking mechanic being a good asset but not before addressing other more important issues, you clearly have a thing against people using houses, theres things that could be reworked im sure but it wouldn't be my choice for urgent development.

I myself rather see other things being taken care before sieging comes out.
For example the rework of the placeholder pve content in its many forms.

I was planning to do a thread about this but ill summarize it.

Crafting

Rework crafting or add new features that would require interaction between crafting classes.
We can see how extraction and butchery are professions that are bridges between tier 1 materials and crafting classes, such as armor, weapon, equipment and more. But other than that theres no tie or link between these crafting classes which ends up making crafting a more or less isolated activity.

Now, what i mean with this is that crafting should require in certain degree a diversity of activities that respond to a collective production line, for giving a random examples.
An alchemyst should be able to do metal polisher that applied by a weapon crafter would enhance the properties of a weapon.
A chef could do decoctions required by alchemists on doing certain items or an alchemyst could do specific mixtures for cooks to make better foods.

Now, these examples serve as a general idea.
But i'd even vouch for a remake of several of the crafting classes to be more organic and require another layer of healthy player interaction.

Cooking has a lot of potential, to even help balancing combat. Right now its on a terrible placeholder spot, i don't know why nobody see the potential that crafting class has for the game. Player buff foods, nothing gamebreaking just minor buffs with a somewhat complex crafting system, food for pets, baits for fishing, you name it.

Alchemy, needs kegs and vial crafting, purifys, combine option, that according to henrique its already ingame. Not to mention the bast variety of things alchemy should be in charge of but its just there...

Gathering should be a profession, a valuable well rewarding profession. Gatherers should prob have to spec on gathering tools for gathering speed and yields, with the knowledge of gatherables.

Crafting tools should be a thing, all mining, woodcutting, herbs and fruits should have a positive effect on the activity by making it less time consuming and more yield rewarding.
You want people producing shit thats gonna be used, contemplating a variety of low tier and high tier crafts for a diversity of gameplays is key.
More than just gold sink features the game needs more content to use materials, materials that have no use whatsoever and re-value the materials that are ingame.

Combat pets

Need beast mastery features, pets should be PVE directed mostly. They should be designed as a support role for pvp but not a main role till theres proper active command skills that require a little more effort than just sending a pet to auto attack some motherfucker.
Pets need to be more accesible, les time consuming to get and lvl but less OP in pvp.
AI needs to be reworked.

AI

Needs a rework, while some creatures have a very very basic AI including a somewhat working pathing. Their actual AI should have behavior, a behavior that mimics a little better the environment reality.
Lets say, bandits killing/taming fauna. And Fauna fighting eachother, its a little nuts to be running around and seeing the whole forest is just standing there, bears by razorbacks, wolves standing next to springboks, this may not be considered a first need type of feature but damn AI does definitely need a proper rework, it really is terrible.

Mounteds

Mounted archer problematic needs to get balance, including mounts balance, mounted mage tweaks and mounted combat rework.

Environment

Take off PVE content thats next to town, mining shouldn't be allowed in towns. Leave low tier gold incomes such as pigs, springboks and graveyards (until a proper rework).
Players should be taugth and rewarded to explore and use the vast geography of the map, not condensed in towns for semi-afk safe mining thats just something you don't wanna encourage.
Gotta say its great they addressed the wilderness pve problematic by not having crushers and shit, but now despite houses and strongholds not being able to have refining ovens it opens the playfield for people to own a house and collect shit around it, which is absolutly great to take some pressure off towns, obviously at a real cost, which is not minor but definitely rewarding.

Change of the law.

First step for balancing pvp, remove ress to report feature.
Add alive whitness report system. If a player sees a grey dude/s in the wilderness and manages to escape to town and report thats gonna have an impact on the criminal's reputation. Implementation could vary, but i'd say to be reported only once per criminal timer cicle as it should be considered one crime, will have to measure and define what would a single crime be and the difference between multiple crimes. But it would definitely be a concept thats more fit to the player interaction concept of the game, it really is straight forward and better than the bullshit we have at this precise moment.
Other things should be tweaked/changed, such as parcels and murdercounts for example.
I agree completely on the pets issue.

For 600 primaries for full tamer..it is abysmal and assonine how long it tales to tame and level a pet only to have it bowed down by arrows in less than a minute. Its sort of ridiculous. At the same time, pet shouldnt be so strong that u just press attack and people die with no way of preventing the attack. Lets be real here, yeah, we can block animals but its not the same even good fighters miss 50% of blocks vs tames so if it had armor and more health it should be balanced out with less dmg. Especially if the tamer is shooting you with a bow or spells at the same time. Pets should have maybe a revive option at equarry sort of like trinket uses but with no refreshing..say 3 deaths and its dead for good. This way there is quality for time investment but the tamer cant just spam pets unless hes right next to an equarry..perhaps only town equarries so this cant be abused in SH's houses. I dont know but something should be changed.

Also agree, Mounts should have better armor and archery should have a wobble effect only lessened by somone who is fully commited MA.. add another primary called Control or what not forcing investment.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

yea I agree w/ most of the ideas, but I def don't wanna see food buffs and gather buff tools. I think to be a good gatherer, you should have to skirt danger like climbing, diving, etc... Like a thief build would be a good gatherer for certain things like mountain fruit and a heavy build would be good for gathering other stuff, like rock.

Things need to be challenging to get to, some of them. The whole map needs to be refilled w/ resources, so that like I said, certain parts are known for the resource they have. Most things should have multiple spawns, but there just aren't that many spawns of so many things.

I mean like some deep underground place that has a lil pvp and people mine nodes that are mostly like powder but drop gems too, etc... there are so many things to do with MO, basically... IF you want the world to be big, you should make it interesting. Even more hills and such, little caves, etc. Then you put some gatherables in the cave, you put a chest in the cave... yknow this shit isn't complex :/ tbh ! lol. I mean I feel like it's pretty simple to get everything going in a decent direction (barring the limitations of their hardware and all,) but they aren't really doing anything except adding in old features that people liked.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
yea I agree w/ most of the ideas, but I def don't wanna see food buffs and gather buff tools. I think to be a good gatherer, you should have to skirt danger like climbing, diving, etc... Like a thief build would be a good gatherer for certain things like mountain fruit and a heavy build would be good for gathering other stuff, like rock.

Things need to be challenging to get to, some of them. The whole map needs to be refilled w/ resources, so that like I said, certain parts are known for the resource they have. Most things should have multiple spawns, but there just aren't that many spawns of so many things.

I mean like some deep underground place that has a lil pvp and people mine nodes that are mostly like powder but drop gems too, etc... there are so many things to do with MO, basically... IF you want the world to be big, you should make it interesting. Even more hills and such, little caves, etc. Then you put some gatherables in the cave, you put a chest in the cave... yknow this shit isn't complex :/ tbh ! lol. I mean I feel like it's pretty simple to get everything going in a decent direction (barring the limitations of their hardware and all,) but they aren't really doing anything except adding in old features that people liked.
Agree, pve is mostly conceived under the premise of time consuption or difficulty but not really in terms of something challenging.
Difficulty is set by travelling time, mobs quantity and dmg, generally.
Which is the base, but it turns out tiresome after the repetition.

More resources scattered somewhat evenly around certain areas is something worth doing.
I think gathering should be a rewarding profession, rn it's not because travelling time and overall yields of certain plants or materials.
Would be interesting to see a gathering remake so things are a little less basic and clunky and require more active and fun gameplay. Mining is terrible so is woodcutting or any other gathering approach by that case.

The game needs to finish and round up the pve content its already in game and make it deep, thrilling and involving not the semi afk tediouss bullshit thats in it right now. People should be encouraged to travel gather and craft yet theres not that much to craft and the production cost/ efficiency of certain activities cannot be compared to others.

Crafting is so shallow thats absolutly unrewarding, same as gathering. Imagine picking up corn to sell in meduli or batki lol, doesn't make any sense.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
6. Ability to pass through your own stronghold/keep doors as a ghost to use the priest.
Can you just make it your home priest and then teleport to it? I don't have access to a stronghold or keep, but it seems like it should be possible.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I dont know if this is a good solution, at least not wihtout other changes to the system. I dont like that reds can just wander around and be protected by guards. Maybe some sort of rep linked attitude change for guards.
Then they should just remove the standing system altogether. Because this is kinda what its supposed to be. The guards dont attack you because you are on their side. Especially in a dark world like Nave. No khurite is going to think your a murderer for killings some disgusting tindremines. The issue is MO2's current standing system doesnt work well at what it feels like its trying to do. Its a weird faction system that still punishes you for fighting the enemy faction, and people aren't tied to a faction, and theres no faction territory, so its just jank.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Agree, pve is mostly conceived under the premise of time consuption or difficulty but not really in terms of something challenging.
Difficulty is set by travelling time, mobs quantity and dmg, generally.
Which is the base, but it turns out tiresome after the repetition.

More resources scattered somewhat evenly around certain areas is something worth doing.
I think gathering should be a rewarding profession, rn it's not because travelling time and overall yields of certain plants or materials.
Would be interesting to see a gathering remake so things are a little less basic and clunky and require more active and fun gameplay. Mining is terrible so is woodcutting or any other gathering approach by that case.

The game needs to finish and round up the pve content its already in game and make it deep, thrilling and involving not the semi afk tediouss bullshit thats in it right now. People should be encouraged to travel gather and craft yet theres not that much to craft and the production cost/ efficiency of certain activities cannot be compared to others.

Crafting is so shallow thats absolutly unrewarding, same as gathering. Imagine picking up corn to sell in meduli or batki lol, doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, it's close. I mean I agree. I dunno what you do w/ mining and wood cutting tbh lol. Best I can think of is a way to bring back more stacks, but gathering like off ground or from a tree could be much more interesting. Should also be more lucky drops. Maybe cuz I was on BDO but I'd like to see some rare gathers, too, and not like muse flowers.

Like a rare bug for alchemy or something, yknow? Change of high yields = gathering, being able to hold what you gather, and having to adventure to get it... not, as you said, just travel forever... but actually set up to pick the mushrooms at the top of the rain forest trees or w/e.