Spider Queen web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Some days ago I and some friends enter in a spider cave to try to kill the Queen. That was my First Time After the Queen was implemented.
One of the room was blocked by an almost invisible wall (spider Queen web).
Some fellow says that was made to avoid contact from different groups of players and let , the First group that reach the Queen, finish to loot or try to kill the It.
Well this Is imho a very bad solution and doesnt fit with the mortal online vision (an open world with no restrictions).
Remove the web and let the players take risks and rewards.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I guess its because the more people in ther the harder or weaker the queen is.
Its just a theory but last time a larger group went in and got wiped because of more damage
And the next time half of that group killed it.

Or we were just wearing papor armor but it seems strange.
I dont know if its like this. It needs further testing if the difficulity is dpeendent on the number of people.
That would also explain why this net is there.
And the wbe is also there to prevent it to kite the queen ouside.

And you can still get wiped during making the queen because after the fight the web is gone and your volatile vs pvp players again. SO I think the web in general is no problem.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The closed off spider queen is good, you get to have a fun PvE battle with out worring about the gank in the moment. Or cheesing it some how.
With this way you still fight to the spider queen, fight her, then have to leave the area with the loot.

Still risk being jumped right as you finish killing the queen but at least you get to enjoy the boss.
The need more of these closed off boss battles.

Suggestions for the dungeon is to have webs on the way to the queen that have to be cut down to get to the queen. Along with the nitre guardians. This way its more of a real challange to get to the queen instead of just people runing past mobs to get to the chamber.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
The closed off spider queen is good, you get to have a fun PvE battle with out worring about the gank in the moment.
Preparing for the gank is half the fun, or at the very least, Mortal games are not designed around that kind of safety. Seems more like double jeopardy; if She doesn't kill you, the players waiting outside might.

I'm betting that @Speznat will find that the difficulty does vary with the number of people, though only past a certain point; there's probably some lower boundary to how many people can hope to survive the encounter. Looking forward to seeing it tested, anyhow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speznat

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Preparing for the gank is half the fun, or at the very least, Mortal games are not designed around that kind of safety. Seems more like double jeopardy; if She doesn't kill you, the players waiting outside might.

I'm betting that @Speznat will find that the difficulty does vary with the number of people, though only past a certain point; there's probably some lower boundary to how many people can hope to survive the encounter. Looking forward to seeing it tested, anyhow.

1SzprNL.png
Based on my own experiences, I agree with Doomrider from VII that 4 players is the absolute minimum you can beat Spider Queen with and even then it's very likely to wipe.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
So we must expect invisible walls for each boss? I Hope not
Sounds like the game is too hardcore for you. Dark Souls has a similar mechanic with fog walls. There is no retreat, either you win or you die trying.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
as others have mentioned, the wall is there to preserve the difficulty of the boss and prevent players from trivializing the content. you cant have help come in later or maybe hiding outside to avoid area damage. you cant have a player sitting outside and rezzing people who died so they can run back in to grab their gear and rejoin the fight, you cant reset the fight by running far enough away after it starts, etc.

also as others mentioned, nothing stops you from rushing in and ganking them the second the boss is dead. they could delete the drops, if they know they're going to be overwhelmed, but the fact is that deletion shouldnt exist, items should only be droppable instead where they pool in a bag on the ground. i dont expect SV to ever fix this issue tho.

-barcode

Tzone

May 16, 2021
as others have mentioned, the wall is there to preserve the difficulty of the boss and prevent players from trivializing the content. you cant have help come in later or maybe hiding outside to avoid area damage. you cant have a player sitting outside and rezzing people who died so they can run back in to grab their gear and rejoin the fight, you cant reset the fight by running far enough away after it starts, etc.

also as others mentioned, nothing stops you from rushing in and ganking them the second the boss is dead. they could delete the drops, if they know they're going to be overwhelmed, but the fact is that deletion shouldnt exist, items should only be droppable instead where they pool in a bag on the ground. i dont expect SV to ever fix this issue tho.

-barcode
Yeah I think the only reason deletion exist is for server performance. Cant have to many random lootbags laying around taking up resources.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Sounds like the game is too hardcore for you. Dark Souls has a similar mechanic with fog walls. There is no retreat, either you win or you die trying.
Is It possibile logout inside the cave? If It Is a " Wall" Is a protection against possibile external attacks.
We was complain about player Wall that block boss access and now liked this ....?

Reactions: Yeonan

Rhias

May 28, 2020
It also prevents players from pulling the queen outside of the room. The queen is supposed to be a "pit boss" with limited ground. Otherwise you could just pull the queen out and do it with a mounted.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Is It possibile logout inside the cave? If It Is a " Wall" Is a protection against possibile external attacks.
We was complain about player Wall that block boss access and now liked this ....?
you cannot logout in a cave, or at least, sv has said that will be the case but i've not tried it personally. is this just willful ignorance? or a troll perhaps. the 'wall' is only there while the queen event is active. it drops as soon as she dies, or all the attackers are dead. if that is not happening then that is a bug, same if logout inside the cave is possible.

-barcode

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
Baffling to see people defend this kind of mechanic.

It effectively creates a PvE instance

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Baffling to see people defend this kind of mechanic.

It effectively creates a PvE instance
Where is it instanced? wtf? they are not ported away.

That would be same logic as you would say If someone is closing the gates to there keep than it would be instanced? or what?

Can you explain in what logicial way this is instanced? I dont get it xD

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
It also prevents players from pulling the queen outside of the room. The queen is supposed to be a "pit boss" with limited ground. Otherwise you could just pull the queen out and do it with a mounted.
Well Im not confident with programmin stuff but I think you can "say" to the Queen " move Just in a radius of 5 meters and doesnt follow the enemy" something like that.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Well Im not confident with programmin stuff but I think you can "say" to the Queen " move Just in a radius of 5 meters and doesnt follow the enemy" something like that.
Than people will use bow and arrow and shoot the queen than run away. Than the queen turns aroudn than the people will shot arrows again and kill the queen solo. We already went there with mortal online 1. they learned from there mistakes. And now they improved it alot.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
you cannot logout in a cave, or at least, sv has said that will be the case but i've not tried it personally. is this just willful ignorance? or a troll perhaps. the 'wall' is only there while the queen event is active. it drops as soon as she dies, or all the attackers are dead. if that is not happening then that is a bug, same if logout inside the cave is possible.

-barcode
And after looting the Queen you can easily ecounter an enemy group outside or back the web so , again, no point to have an invisible "wall".
I prefer a good guild interaction and pianification like One group inside kill the Queen and another outside protect the entrante, this Is All more immersive.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Than people will use bow and arrow and shoot the queen than run away. Than the queen turns aroudn than the people will shot arrows again and kill the queen solo. We already went there with mortal online 1. they learned from there mistakes. And now they improved it alot.
Sry but I'm confused, how do you kill the Queen now? Don't use bows, axe, spells, ecc. ? Seem the same for me, the Queen should remain inside the cave.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
And after looting the Queen you can easily ecounter an enemy group outside or back the web so , again, no point to have an invisible "wall".
I prefer a good guild interaction and pianification like One group inside kill the Queen and another outside protect the entrante, this Is All more immersive.
Ok if you dont have the queen web now what will happen?

If you enter this dungoen with a group of people. 1 guy would walk in becasue the qeen is than at here lowest difficulty (I dont know what the threshold is or if theres any needs further testing) and than the rest of the group enters the room.

People will go in Shoot the queen with arrow than kite it outside and will mounted archer it down alone.

Both of these points are more than enough to say in a sane way. That Star Vault made a good decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.