Spider Queen web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Sry but I'm confused, how do you kill the Queen now? Don't use bows, axe, spells, ecc. ? Seem the same for me, the Queen should remain inside the cave.
And if you would remove the wall and the queen will follow you if oyu hit her, than to go to your logic it will at some point turn around that she dont leave the cave.

Than people would abuse that and kite all the time and could easy solo the queen. Sry this was the problem of MO1 pve and they finally fixed it im really glad that they finally made it not possible to abuse it so easy. like it was in MO1.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Basically I think it's a Queen a.i. problem and SV "solve" It with this patch that Is worse than the "hole". With a good a.i. do you really think will be easy kill It solo inside the cave?

Reactions: Yeonan

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
Where is it instanced? wtf? they are not ported away.

That would be same logic as you would say If someone is closing the gates to there keep than it would be instanced? or what?

Can you explain in what logicial way this is instanced? I dont get it xD

If I'm understanding the mechanics, once a group engages the queen the room is blocked off. That is effectively an instance if no other group can enter the room or interfere.

Keep gates is a terrible analogy, nothing alike.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I like the wall, conceptually. . Here are some points I like:
  • Locking players in is horrifying the first time, especially when they don't know about this mechanic.
    • This creates a memorable experience.
  • I like the idea of locking the players in with the boss, it makes it an even heavier choice to try.
  • Players who want to PK would roam inside and see the wall up. Queue excitement...
    • They know as soon as the boss is dead or the group wipes, they're getting (a chance at) a lot of loot.
    • This builds anticipation as well as potential anxiety.
      • Which creates a memorable experience.
On the other hand, here are some things I DON'T like:
  • In a sandbox game, we need sand. If the wall exists and is webbing, we should be able to burn or cut it down.
    • To prevent players fighting the boss from doing this to make the queen leave:
      • Have her AI go crazy and attack anyone who tries to break the web from the inside.
      • Have her whip everyone across the room with a web sling before leaping to the wall to seal it again.
      • If it is attacked from the outside, have her spawn a bunch of spiders from the walls OUTSIDE of the room.
        • These would not have good drops, to prevent farming.
  • I don't like how it just appears. She already has a cool spawn animation, I think she should shoot some web or something to create the wall.
    • It simply appearing takes away from the logic of it, and makes it feel less like webbing and more like what it really is - a wall.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
I guess its because the more people in ther the harder or weaker the queen is.
Its just a theory but last time a larger group went in and got wiped because of more damage
And the next time half of that group killed it.

Or we were just wearing papor armor but it seems strange.
I dont know if its like this. It needs further testing if the difficulity is dpeendent on the number of people.
That would also explain why this net is there.
And the wbe is also there to prevent it to kite the queen ouside.

And you can still get wiped during making the queen because after the fight the web is gone and your volatile vs pvp players again. SO I think the web in general is no problem.
if people see the web up, they will just camp the door and wait for you to come out. This game is meant for griefers. Some of the design decisions are literally coming from an 8 year old child.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Some fellow says that was made to avoid contact from different groups of players and let , the First group that reach the Queen, finish to loot or try to kill the It.
OMG really? That's just disgusting. Thats like a god damn instance! Fuck that!

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I remember an escarpment in the Myrland Jungle (where we built our village of Urðr) that had a long set of one-way ramps (with air gaps; you could jump down from one to the next, but not get back up) leading down the sheer cliffside to the lower reaches. Maybe SV could re-design the Lair of the Spider Queen to be reachable by that kind of ingress, rather than a web that prevents any Second Party from joining the Party of the First Part.

Not to say that anyone would be able to get OUT until the Queen was dead, or all of them were.

Reactions: Speznat
Status
Not open for further replies.