Show us your inner Dark

Rhias

May 28, 2020
we should go back to topic
Which topic? Starving kids in africa? I don't care. People dying to Covid in Germany? I don't care neither.
The world population is too big, or the world is too small. Isn't people dying a good thing? ;)

Reactions: Speznat

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Which topic? Starving kids in africa? I don't care. People dying to Covid in Germany? I don't care neither.
The world population is too big, or the world is too small. Isn't people dying a good thing? ;)
you can talk about whatever whenever ever you want in this sitting.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020

We have long since reached some of the original projections on how much population the world can sustain. As technology grows, so does the cap on how many people the earth can sustain. However, if population is a major concern, it might comfort you to know that highly affluent nations birth rates have declined to such a level that some nations have a population in decline.

This is because as those nations get access to modern healthcare, including birth control methods, enough people willingly opt in to reverse population growth. Killing off people or even forced birth control aren't things I feel we'll ever require if we continue down a path that sees human lives bettered. And as bad as the world may seem today to many, poverty rates and many other major social issues are on a steady decline (Or at least were before 2020 >.>)

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
We have long since reached some of the original projections on how much population the world can sustain. As technology grows, so does the cap on how many people the earth can sustain...
But it comes with the cost of a decline of nature. And I like nature more than I do humans. <3

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
But it comes with the cost of a decline of nature. And I like nature more than I do humans. <3

Then looking to enable advancements in the human condition actually means more than any kind of increase in human suffering. Desperate humans without access to birth control multiply and destroy things faster. Besides, the faster we advance, the faster we'll have the means to extract resources we need from places other than earth.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I only trust in Science and Technical Advance.
Everything else is a time waste. I mena rely on all humans to reuce CO2 is pointless. There are always enough people who give a shit and you have to accept that a utopia were everyone is playing 100% blind by the rules is not possible.

If evolution taught us one thing that, knowledge is king and getting shit done is needed.