Most common negative review is about no regional servers

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It's because SV is EU, moving to US probably has a lot of red tape. Can we put it to rest?
This is just untrue about red tape you dont know anything about the subject so just dont make baseless comments. Server is in London a non EU country and SV is in Sweden and EU country while America has no red tape for servers.

And no we cant let it rest. We will keep bringing up issues that are solvable untill they are solved. Just because the devs dont want to fix the issue or admit there is a issue doenst mean we will lie down and accept it. The devs wont be allowed to bury their heads in sand.

Devs dont want your ping displayed for a reason, because it matters and has a affect on your game.

Zhultan

Jan 17, 2022
There is a few reviews on steam about this exact subject.... maybe more than a few.

One of them actually has 30+ pages of comments just on the one review itself. Over 2500 people found it helpful. Why? because it's REDICULOUS there is no centralized server, or regional servers for NA, Australians, South america/OCEANA. REDICULOUS. I'll say it again.

Ping/Latency affects your game. It affects people with the ping over 150-200-250-300 MS ping just as much as the UK player with -40ms. Ping normalization is literally a term used by this company to draw a veil to hide the obvious problem at hand here.

The absolutely horrible launch, with endless queue duration, and random crashes SIGNIFY the issues presented with this "One world, One Server" mentality. Simply the technology right now does not allow for such an idea to work to the degree that was promised, or told to the player base by Henrik himself in the streams during the past few days. Even going as far as saying the server could handle over 100k players. The reality being that 5-7k players absolutely TANKED this server and people haven't been able to even enjoy the game as intended.

I know some people have actually been able to get into the game at random with no issues. So how is this server queue actually working? there's no queue number listed signifying your place in line? yet people who queued after you are getting in before you?

I find this very interesting, but sad. I find this game is cut short to a minimum and the potential is great. That itself is disheartening.

One thing I do know though, is that there are thousands more players out there that want to purchase the game and support the developers but are simply uninspired to do so due to the fact that they cannot truly play this open world, full loot, PVP game at a competitive level because of the decisions made by this indie company.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
wack the server in Singapore then think euro and NA both get around 200 pingish then if it a big deal :p

Tbh i think all games should artificially increase pong to the 200 mark and balance around 200 ping therefor it be fair for pretty much the whole world :p

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Yes, Lets split up the userbase onto two servers. so that in a couple months we'll either have one server with a ghost population. Or two.

Fucking NA pings are absolutely fine. I'm more worried about the people on the other side of the planet and their pings.

SV is most definitely locked into their server contract for anywhere between 5-10 years, unless you want to pay a couple million SEK in contract breach fees personally, you'll have to sit your ass down and give them constructive feedback so they can improve the latency and gameplay in whatever way they can. Until the sarducaa server comes out, which will be a NA hosted server that will host the other continent which will be connected to Myrland.

Last edited:

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Yes, Lets split up the userbase onto two servers. so that in a couple months we'll either have one server with a ghost population. Or two.

Fucking NA pings are absolutely fine. I'm more worried about the people on the other side of the planet and their pings.

SV is most definitely locked into their server contract for anywhere between 5-10 years, unless you want to pay a couple million SEK in contract breach fees personally, you'll have to sit your ass down and give them constructive feedback so they can improve the latency and gameplay in whatever way they can. Until the sarducaa server, which will be a NA server comes out.
i get 330 -.- NA would be 220 but europ for me is always bad cming from Australia

Sep 11, 2021

SV is most definitely locked into their server contract for anywhere between 5-10 years, unless you want to pay a couple million SEK in contract breach fees personally, you'll have to sit your ass down and give them constructive feedback so they can improve the latency and gameplay in whatever way they can. Until the sarducaa server comes out, which will be a NA hosted server that will host the other continent which will be connected to Myrland.

Dude, it's not even about ping at this point. SV's "infinite capacity" servers are clearly BS. They're tapping out with 6-7k trying to play. Regional servers would alleviate the queues and ping issues.

Reactions: Starz

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Dude, it's not even about ping at this point. SV's "infinite capacity" servers are clearly BS. They're tapping out with 6-7k trying to play. Regional servers would alleviate the queues and ping issues.
and then in the first month of sub when people relise they have to pay monthly the servers would be dead cause i reckon half the players will not re sub :p

Reactions: Starz

HappyPig

Jan 24, 2022
Honestly whether or not they are locked in to their server won't matter, they'll have to count on some other game to make up the loses from development.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I think the highest stress a single node got during stress testing was shy of a thousand players.

Fabernum, meduli and tindrem had a influx well above 1k in each, and they added more npcs around the world than there were in stress test.

And what kind of drugs do you have to be to delude yourself that this is some issue that other developers wouldn't have?

Let me guess what your suggested solution is. Its either "BUY MORE SERVERS" or "HIRE MORE DEVS"
Because thats exactly how it works! That is totally the solution!

Honestly whether or not they are locked in to their server won't matter, they'll have to count on some other game to make up the loses from development.
Lol what kind of delusion sauce are you on?
They clearly got way more people than they were planning on getting, things can't adapt over night. If they need to actually start another server, they can't do it in a short time frame. They obviously have the cash, but then there is the case of; Do they want to?

If you think this is some sort of failed launch. Oh sweet sweet baby. Baby's first mmo launch?

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Sep 11, 2021
I think the highest stress a single node got during stress testing was shy of a thousand players.

Fabernum, meduli and tindrem had a influx well above 1k in each, and they added more npcs around the world than there were in stress test.

And what kind of drugs do you have to be to delude yourself that this is some issue that other developers wouldn't have?

Let me guess what your suggested solution is. Its either "BUY MORE SERVERS" or "HIRE MORE DEVS"
Because thats exactly how it works! That is totally the solution!

OK then, what's your solution? Just wait for people to quit attempting to play, or wait for them to refund and review bomb the game then? Because you're not going to magically fit more players into the same amount of server space by tweaking some settings . Yes, they have to buy more servers if they want to have any chance of maintaining launch numbers, and ideally those servers would be regional. As MO vets are fond of saying "this game will work fine with 1-2k players online", if that's the case then regional servers should be no problem.

Reactions: Tzone

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
OK then, what's your solution? Just wait for people to quit attempting to play, or wait for them to refund and review bomb the game then? Because you're not going to magically fit more players into the same amount of server space by tweaking some settings . Yes, they have to buy more servers if they want to have any chance of maintaining launch numbers, and ideally those servers would be regional. As MO vets are fond of saying "this game will work fine with 1-2k players online", if that's the case then regional servers should be no problem.
for this game i would do same thing you did with haven have 1 or 2 extra instances of the mainland open as overflow (You cant build houses or takes castles/keeps or what not on these instrances) however this will be used to illiviate queues and let people play in the overflow world until population stabalises or you get more slots open on servers for people on main continent.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Soon the most common negative review will be about not being able to log into the game. lol. I might take my veela there but I am legit afraid of what's gonna happen.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
for this game i would do same thing you did with haven have 1 or 2 extra instances of the mainland open as overflow (You cant build houses or takes castles/keeps or what not on these instrances) however this will be used to illiviate queues and let people play in the overflow world until population stabalises or you get more slots open on servers for people on main continent.
Sacrifice the games vision for a short term solution to keep people from crying. Bad trade off.

There are no GOOD solutions that you can pull of quickly. They are rolling out fixes as fast as they can. They'll know soonTM if continued effort on fixing stability will actually let the servers be able to hold the bigger amount of people in the cities or not. I'm actually pretty confident that they can find a solution, but to WANT them to band aid because people can't handle a pretty OK mmo launch? Puuuleeease.

Its pretty clear you are here to moan and spread negativity and nothing else.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
NA is getting its own server as a continent, people with good internet will be able to play on both, This game is his vision, and the vision of Mortal Online, nothing can change his mind, and I do not see a reason to attempt such an action. Regardless of if its in the EU or otherwise you cannot dictate how they progress, only give your own opinions on the subject.

Tzone

May 16, 2021

So you think that the server which cant handle more then 3k players concurrent will be dead if you split it in two? ITs 2020 not 2005, the MMO consumer base is absolutely massive, having not enought players is in no way a argument against having two servers because you will defiantly have more then enough people.

Outside of that they have the server in a bad spot and should have moved it to a more centralized location so the majority of the player base could have sub 100 ping.

Its for superficial reasons that we have one server in london. The next continent is sarducca which is a trash map that most people are not going to play on. So telling us to wait for years to get a decent US map is not a solution either.

The people who are not good at PvP think the ping is of no concern which isnt surprising since yall are also so superficial.

Reactions: night_vision_elf

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

That would be true if they split it into 2 EU servers, but its pretty obvious looking at the review that I posted that theres plenty of NA players willing to fill a NA server.

Not to mention the huge bottleneck issues of only having 1 server, its clear that it cant handle more than 2k-3k players and Im sure SV cant break even with those numbers.

And LMAO at Sarducaa, I wouldnt play in that shithole even if I had 5 ping. Not that ping even matters there because its a mounted only continent.

Sacrifice the games vision for a short term solution to keep people from crying. Bad trade off.

The one server vision is just not viable with first person directional slasher combat. Its pretty much the most ping dependant type of combat. If the whole vision is mainly about having 1 server only, then Henrik should have put in tab target combat instead where ping normalization actually works wonders.

What hes trying to do just isnt physically possible with todays technology, if ping normalization actually worked with FPS combat then Henrik could sell that to AAA studios and he would be a billionaire right now, ever wonder why theres no mention anywhere of how it actually works? Instead just some bullshit about magic behind the scenes and that we should just trust them. LOL