Most common negative review is about no regional servers

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The one server vision is just not viable with first person directional slasher combat. Its pretty much the most ping dependant type of combat.
Says you

That would be true if they split it into 2 EU servers, but its pretty obvious looking at the review that I posted that theres plenty of NA players willing to fill a NA server.
slightly less half than server pop is american(all americas). Making a server for them will effectively split the population in half. Added risk is either or both servers will become ghost servers in the near future and have to be closed or merged. Which will throw either or both populations under the bus.

Just have some patience, Wow classic enjoyers could wait 2+ weeks for the servers to get fixes and get stabilized and you guys cant even hold on for a couple days? Sarducaa release would solve the entire debacle, but just like starting up another server, that shit is going to take some time. Its not happening over night.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
So you think that the server which cant handle more then 3k players concurrent will be dead if you split it in two? ITs 2020 not 2005, the MMO consumer base is absolutely massive, having not enought players is in no way a argument against having two servers because you will defiantly have more then enough people.

Outside of that they have the server in a bad spot and should have moved it to a more centralized location so the majority of the player base could have sub 100 ping.

Its for superficial reasons that we have one server in london. The next continent is sarducca which is a trash map that most people are not going to play on. So telling us to wait for years to get a decent US map is not a solution either.

The people who are not good at PvP think the ping is of no concern which isnt surprising since yall are also so superficial.
Server handling the population it is only part of why it will end up in ghost severs.

Server stability can be fixed to an extent.

The problem is player retention for mmos after launch month is usually less than 50%.I'd say this will be extremely true for a niche game like mortal.

So first you split 8k people in two on two different servers more or less. Then you lose half of that just from lack of interest and the subscription needing to be renewd. Then you compact it ally by people quitting because the now crowded servers will start to feel empty.

Its for superficial reasons that we have one server in london. The next continent is sarducca which is a trash map that most people are not going to play on. So telling us to wait for years to get a decent US map is not a solution either.
Ah yes, there is absolutely no way they ever learned from mo1 with sarducaa. I'm sure they will just like myrland just copy paste everything from mo1. Especially when they have to consider OCEANIC and Western american players will have to play there mostly.
OH WAIT just looking at how myrland has changed its fucking obvious that will not be the case.

Not to mention I really liked sarducaa and the main issue with playing in sarducaa was the lack of players there.

Rather than being a fucking doomer and whining and moaning. Maybe make sure that when it does come out, its not absolute shit?
But I guess that takes effort.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Brewer

Jan 29, 2022
Alot of these issues would be resolved with an NA server, my best guess is they are simply too cheap to spend the money on a second server.

Reactions: night_vision_elf

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Alot of these issues would be resolved with an NA server, my best guess is they are simply too cheap to spend the money on a second server.
The splitting of the community, double server costs and ghost towns will not be resolved with it though.

Brewer

Jan 29, 2022
The splitting of the community, double server costs and ghost towns will not be resolved with it though.

It won't be resolved anyways. In a few weeks the only reason we'll be able to access the game is because the vast majority of players have stopped trying. We know this won't be resolved through actual development. MO1 was never fixed we just had to wait until the playerbase died before we could login lol

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The game isnt niche, both server will be populated and if that doesnt work out you can always just combine the servers. Whats your excuse now?

The devs want multiple continents which is basically the same thing as having multiple servers. You now are arguing for no map outside of myrland because they would split the community and both be unpopulated.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The game isnt niche, both server will be populated and if that doesnt work out you can always just combine the servers. Whats your excuse now?

The devs want multiple continents which is basically the same thing as having multiple servers. You now are arguing for no map outside of myrland because they would split the community and both be unpopulated.
So Mo1 was niche, but a game thats pretty much the exact same is not? get outta here lol.

And putting words in my mouth? Time for a report.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Says the laws of physics. If SV really has some ground breaking technology for ping normalization they should sell it and make millions. I bet if SV told you they could cure cancer you would believe them too?
slightly less half than server pop is american(all americas). Making a server for them will effectively split the population in half. Added risk is either or both servers will become ghost servers in the near future and have to be closed or merged. Which will throw either or both populations under the bus.
Well no shit EU population is bigger, its an EU server. Most of the potential NA playerbase wont play with high ping.

You are assuming no new NA players will join the game if they open a NA server. That is pretty shortsighted, for that review alone theres almost 2.6k potential players that found it useful
Just have some patience, Wow classic enjoyers could wait 2+ weeks for the servers to get fixes and get stabilized and you guys cant even hold on for a couple days? Sarducaa release would solve the entire debacle, but just like starting up another server, that shit is going to take some time. Its not happening over night.
Sarducaa... You do know that would split the playerbase just as a new server would right? So which one is it? Do you care about splitting the population or not?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Says the laws of physics. If SV really has some ground breaking technology for ping normalization they should sell it and make millions. I bet if SV told you they could cure cancer you would believe them too?
Just more hearsay and doomerism. This is not how discussions work.

Well no shit EU population is bigger, its an EU server. Most of the potential NA playerbase wont play with high ping.

You are assuming no new NA players will join the game if they open a NA server. That is pretty shortsighted, for that review alone theres almost 2.6k potential players that found it useful
Speculation

Sarducaa... You do know that would split the playerbase just as a new server would right? So which one is it? Do you care about splitting the population or not?
Sarducaa and myrland would be connected, people would move between them at will for content, wars and other things. Its not the same as two exclusionary servers containing the same things. And for you to claim that just shows how utter shit you are at being a doomer.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Just more hearsay and doomerism. This is not how discussions work.
Right.
Speculation
This must be hard to understand for a SV fanboy, but the average player is not willing to pay a monthly sub to play in a ping dependant full loot game with high ping.
Sarducaa and myrland would be connected, people would move between them at will for content, wars and other things. Its not the same as two exclusionary servers containing the same things. And for you to claim that just shows how utter shit you are at being a doomer.
You are still splitting the population of Myrland. In fact one of the main reasons MO1 ended as a ghost town is precisely the release of Sarducaa. It would be even worse for MO2 since we only have 1 char slot and you would have to completely base out of one of the continents unless you pay for another account.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Right.

This must be hard to understand for a SV fanboy, but the average player is not willing to pay a monthly sub to play in a ping dependant full loot game with high ping.

You are still splitting the population of Myrland. In fact one of the main reasons MO1 ended as a ghost town is precisely the release of Sarducaa. It would be even worse for MO2 since we only have 1 char slot and you would have to completely base out of one of the continents unless you pay for another account.
Must be hard to think for yourself when you are a doomer.

Sep 11, 2021
Ya, but some of us are new and need some distance from people that have no common sense for typical everyday concepts.

This dude is literally trying to come up with any excuse he can to not split the servers. Even if over 50% of current players quit after 3 months, according to MO vets that would still be enough players to adequately fill 2 servers. I don't think most people care if we all share the same world history. What most people care about is logging in and playing with minimal latency. I don't need to know troll player #928 from Neckbeard Guild on the EU server to feel like I'm having a fulfilling gaming experience, sorry.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
Must be hard to think for yourself when you are a doomer.
Call people “doomers” all you want, but it’s hard to see this launch as anything other than a squandered opportunity to bring MO2 to a larger audience. And that makes me sad, because a healthy pop makes this game special.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Baby's first MMO? Its pretty clear you haven't been in an MMO post launch disaster at least.

>Loads of more people than the devs anticipated show up
>Devs panic and decide to up the amount of servers putting the potential player base spread out to handle the load
>Launch chaos settles
>People quit playing
>Few good servers
>Multiple ghost town servers

This has literally been the case in EVERY mmo.

Honestly we should hope they DO have a backup plan to actually put in another server. But it should be the BACKUP. IF they can actually fix things and get a handle on things on the server they do have, that is absolutely the best option.

The fact that people are expecting mountains to be moved over night is absolutely hilarious. But what can you expect from people who's biggest project in life has been getting out of bed?

HappyPig

Jan 24, 2022
Baby's first MMO? Its pretty clear you haven't been in an MMO post launch disaster at least.

>Loads of more people than the devs anticipated show up
>Devs panic and decide to up the amount of servers putting the potential player base spread out to handle the load
>Launch chaos settles
>People quit playing
>Few good servers
>Multiple ghost town servers

This has literally been the case in EVERY mmo.

Honestly we should hope they DO have a backup plan to actually put in another server. But it should be the BACKUP. IF they can actually fix things and get a handle on things on the server they do have, that is absolutely the best option.

The fact that people are expecting mountains to be moved over night is absolutely hilarious. But what can you expect from people who's biggest project in life has been getting out of bed?
Pretty sure I have been a developer for less years than star vault has been around and have been part of multibillion dollar projects.

Either way, could definitely use some extra space from the beta folks. I rather talk to the new people.

Reactions: Hooves