Make PvP consensual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
For the sake of reaching a broader audience and keeping the game enjoyable for those of us who only have so little time to play in the evening who, as a result, will never be as skilled as the unemployed people, I think it would be a great idea to make PvP consensual.

This could be achieved by having a PvP option for every player that, when enabled, let's them damage other players who have it enabled only.

Not only will this prevent ganking, it would make the game a lot more enjoyable for people who only really play the game for the sake of PvE, such as myself. Making it an option will ensure the people who are really into PvP will still have all the PvP they want while those who just want to have some PvE fun without being interrupted by PvP groups will get to do what they enjoy best.

D

Dracu

i think "haven" the starting island has that option, while offering not the "full" game it might give what you ask for to the people that need/want it.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Never going to happen. A core premise of this game is you can kill anyone, anywhere, for any reason. Ganking is an intended part of the game.

As a community, we have some choice HOW people experience this system though. It could be at the hands of someone who camps them at their initial spawn until they quit. It could be at the hands of someone who brings them to mercy mode, then gives them some starter gear and pointers on how to fight. It could be fighting other newbs of their same level. Or it could be joining into a guild that gets them set up and brings them out into combat to be part of something greater than themselves.

I have strong preferences about what the standard "First PvP" experience is going to be like for new players. And I hope to see mechanics that subtly encourage vets to make it something other than camping them at their initial spawn for hours. But ultimately once you leave Haven, most of the power needs to be in the hands of the players.

The moment a trader can run goods from anywhere to anywhere in Myrland without being subjected to the chance of being attacked and robbed. I'm out. That's not why I am here. Not as a PvPer, and not as a trader. I want higher stakes than that.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Is this a troll thread? If people dont want open pvp, this, an open pvp game, is not the game for them. There is no point in drastically changing the game to cater to potential players that arent the target audience. Not to mention how it would fuck the economy if people can just farm without risk cause they arent pvp flagged etc..

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
If you could switch pvp on and off it wouldnt be the same game anymore... name idea; 'Immortal Online' lol
Just no. also it will never happen as it would result in 99% of this community to leave, larger audience wouldn't like this game anyways, we are niche gamers after all :L

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
How is that slippery slope going for you @Kaemik

Fine and I stand by it. SV isn't going to seriously consider this proposal. They'll barely consider balancing races or a proper classification of taming and there is actually a lot of support for that. You seriously think they'll abandon a core principle of the game because one guy who was immediately shot down by 5-6 people asked them to?

If you're seriously using this case to fear-monger that the carebears are coming to ruin MO2 I'll take that as proof your concerns were never realistic.

Reactions: Eldrath

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
But an interesting thread, becuase i made my thoghts about how PVE Players could have a more releaxed farming. Read the red marked parts.

Why does the game need several Exits for Dungens ?

There is this Mortal Online combat Map. Everytime we did a dungen, during the times, in which Mo1 had a lot of players, we got pinged on that Map. To show players that we are inside the Dungen. We always got Contact. I think every Dungen need a second Exit, or maybe even a third exit and spots to hide, so the Attackers have to split between the 2-3 Exits, so you not have to fight an Army of twice as much people, as you have in your team, after leaving the Dungens with valuables. Some Dungens were not very profitable, to do them with a larger group, so we mostly fought a bigger Group with more Players as our group. I think the loot of some Dungens should be buffed, to not create unfair PVP situations. If it would have been lucrative enough to farm these dungens with 5-6 players, we would not have been outnumbered as many times, I think this don´t have the highest prority, but i think it should be considered, to add this later on. Maybe the second Exit could be a Gate, that can only be opened from inside.

Why were locked doors to enter boss rooms a good mechanic ?

I personally was a fan of the Sator Dungen, becuase you had to find a key, to open the Door, to continiue the Dungen. This was a good mechanic for the hard End Game Dungens, becuase a group of 2-3 Players could not jump on your back, while you are doing the Boss, becuase they were not strong enogh, to kill all the mobs, to obtain the key.
In Albion Online the Developers added several energy Gates in the Elite Dungens, that could only be done, with the best gear avalible in the game. They had to be destoyed from at least 15 Players, becuase the Gates regenerated Hitpoints. The Guys inside the Dungen were warned by a massage, but a special sound would have had the same effect. So you don´t aggro new mobs and mental prepare for a fight.

Why would it be a good Idea to add Event Npc´s ?

I think SV should consider to add a quest NPC in the Towns, that will select 2 specific random Dungens every week and tell the players about it, in which you can find specific loot, to obtain special items during that time, to create weekly Dungen Hotspots, so the PVP Players will meet in this Dungens and fight for the Loot.
During the Event the game could spawn specific Elite Mobs, inside the choosen dungens, that will have a chance to drop specific Items.

I would like to see them dropping unidentified weapons. Most of them should be crap, but if you have luck, you should find some good weapons. In liked the System in Ultima Online. Silver weapons should get a use and could deal more damage to undead Monsters or to the Elite Mobs. Some of these special mobs could be tried to dominate.

Magical Item Properties | UO:R Forums
Magical Item Properties Since the Compendium doesn't have much information about Magical Item Properties and any generic source of UO knowledge will not...

As a result, players would not constantly farm the same dungen, that is the most lucrative.

Players which want a peaceful and relaxing expedition could visit the other dungens, and have a higher chance for relaxed farming. I think the game need much more Towns and Dungens, depending on how much players will play the game after steam release. if the world get expended 6 times, the towns should grow bigger aswell. Emagine 100 Players in a small Town such as Bakdi or Vadda.

Why would it be a good Idea to add Maps, as Loot in Dungens, that will open random Caves and spawn random tressure Locations ?

I think Maps that should be able to be found in Dungens should open a randomly located Cave entrances, if this is possible, so streamers get a chance to stream some of the PVE Action, and other players don´t immediatly know where they are, so they can´t be stream sniped. More twich viewers means more players. Maps could spawn random tressure Locations, in which Mobs and a tressure will spawn.

How could world Events be impemented into the game ?

The last thing i would like to see are World Events and Loot holes. Demon stones could open Holes in the Haven and Gates, that can be seen from far away, so that people will travel to this points of interest and fight each other, or try to play together to beat the Demons.

Why does the Game need Lootholes ? !!!!!

It should be possible to dig Lootholes. They could look like Molehills
in which you can drop 1-2 Armor Sets, during the weekly Dungen Hotspots. Other Players should be able to see them, and should be able to take out your stuff. These should expire after 2-3 hours.
If you die in a dungen, it would be nice to have two or three priests near to each dungen, so you can go to the other prist, if a specific location is camped. The players could hide their Loothole somewhere nearby. Maybe under a bush to be able to regear.
Players can resurrect other Players, so the prists are not as important as the ability to dig a Loothole. Maybe the game should limit you Loothole to 1 per Player.

This is better as a Bank, as you can find in the Cavecamp, where players could store tons of Armors and Weapons. The people living in the region of the Dungen have a huge Advantage, becuase they might have build a Bank for their Guild, and could dominate the Hotspot Dungens.

This would make everything more fair.

I hope this Feedback helps. Feel free to comment

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Fine and I stand by it. SV isn't going to seriously consider this proposal. They'll barely consider balancing races or a proper classification of taming and there is actually a lot of support for that. You seriously think they'll abandon a core principle of the game because one guy who was immediately shot down by 5-6 people asked them to?

If you're seriously using this case to fear-monger that the carebears are coming to ruin MO2 I'll take that as proof your concerns were never realistic.

I see you're not ready yet.

It'll come.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Says Kebek who make >Group PVP in GK. Nice try to troll.

I only do PvP cause I am forced to. Not much choice when being attacked. I'd prefer to focus on PvE.

I see a lot of negativity here and it reminds me of people thate hate on mtx. They are optional, more options is always better. Nobody would force you to disable PvP.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Piet

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
Why were locked doors to enter boss rooms a good mechanic ?

I personally was a fan of the Sator Dungen, becuase you had to find a key, to open the Door, to continiue the Dungen. This was a good mechanic for the hard End Game Dungens, becuase a group of 2-3 Players could not jump on your back, while you are doing the Boss, becuase they were not strong enogh, to kill all the mobs, to obtain the key.
In Albion Online the Developers added several energy Gates in the Elite Dungens, that could only be done, with the best gear avalible in the game. They had to be destoyed from at least 15 Players, becuase the Gates regenerated Hitpoints. The Guys inside the Dungen were warned by a massage, but a special sound would have had the same effect. So you don´t aggro new mobs and mental prepare for a fight.

I also like the idea of keys within a dungeon.

additionally to what you suggest, keys could be used to "enable" huge, multi-layered dungeons. let's say you have a huge 3-level dungeon, with each level taking maybe several hours to clear (including preparation, time to get there etc). after clearing first level, a group could get a key opening a direct passage straight to second level, and so on. in this way a huge dungeon could be tackled in multiple runs, keys could be sold in the market etc etc

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I only do PvP cause I am forced to. Not much choice when being attacked. I'd prefer to focus on PvE.

I see a lot of negativity here and it reminds me of people thate hate on mtx. They are optional, more options is always better. Nobody would force you to disable PvP.

So I have zero issues with cosmetic microtransactions. I take great issue with things that are pay-to-win. Why do I hate that? Because it's no longer a real choice. I either do microtransactions or suffer a major disadvantage when playing.

Why do I want forced-first-person? Because I enjoy first-person but am also competitive, and I realize first-person puts me at a competitive disadvantage to being zoomed out as far as the camera will possibly go.

Why do I want forced PvP? Because the danger and reward of running a load of goods from one city to another while PvP is enabled is fun. But I realize it puts me at a competitive disadvantage if I have the option to just flip that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.