Make PvP consensual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Why do I want forced PvP? Because the danger and reward of running a load of goods from one city to another while PvP is enabled is fun. But I realize it puts me at a competitive disadvantage if I have the option to just flip that off.

That's fine, you get to play the way you want. What about the rest of us that don't want the danger?
All I am offering is the chance for those people to enjoy the game as well. Nobody would force you to disable PvP so you get to keep the danger when you run goods.

• Sad
Reactions: Piet

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
That's fine, you get to play the way you want. What about the rest of us that don't want the danger?
All I am offering is the chance for those people to enjoy the game as well. Nobody would force you to disable PvP so you get to keep the danger when you run goods.

Yeah, I'm not GONNA flip it off if it puts me at a competitive disadvantage. You see what I mean.

I hate to sound too callous. But if you want pay-to-win microtransations, find another game, if you want third-person, find another game, and if you want PvP you can opt-out of, find another game. Most of us are here because we really enjoy that the game is catered around not allowing playstyles that put us at a competitive disadvantage if we play our preferred playstyle.

There is a sizeable portion of this community that wouldn't be here if New World didn't chicken out on all their early hardcore PVP ideas. I guarantee you, if MO implements what you want, it will sink the game because 90% of the current community will immediately leave. If this game walks back on its PvP promises it would make New World seem a hell of a lot more attractive. Or probably just drive us off to survival games and a couple other PvP MMO titles.

Reactions: tal0s and Castiel

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Yeah, I'm not GONNA flip it off if it puts me at a competitive disadvantage. You see what I mean.

I hate to sound too callous. But if you want pay-to-win microtransations, find another game, if you want third-person, find another game, and if you want PvP you can opt-out of, find another game.

That's a straw man. I didn't propose any mtx or third person for MO2.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I am confused, why are people feeding this troll op? Are we that bored(I know I am)? Dont feed the troll(unless its name is grendel, always feed grendel), troll the troll, or ignore it.

Reactions: Teknique

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Also, while we are at it, can we please add an overpriced materials cash shop with a built in rng lottery for a bit of extra excitement when I pay for my cronite? That would be greaaaaat ....tks

• Haha
Reactions: grendel

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Selling your soul sure never backfired for any product ever im suuuuuure....

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah, he's not trolling. He just doesn't understand how central to MO the freedom to attack whoever you want is.

Reactions: tal0s

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah, for sure not. Simply having opinions you strongly disagree with doesn't make someone a troll. He's just clueless about the point of this game.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
For the sake of reaching a broader audience and keeping the game enjoyable for those of us who only have so little time to play in the evening who, as a result, will never be as skilled as the unemployed people, I think it would be a great idea to make PvP consensual.

This could be achieved by having a PvP option for every player that, when enabled, let's them damage other players who have it enabled only.

Not only will this prevent ganking, it would make the game a lot more enjoyable for people who only really play the game for the sake of PvE, such as myself. Making it an option will ensure the people who are really into PvP will still have all the PvP they want while those who just want to have some PvE fun without being interrupted by PvP groups will get to do what they enjoy best.
Is It not 1st of April yet.

Reactions: Kuroi
Status
Not open for further replies.