Long bow runing .

Rudakov

May 31, 2020
Why people can run with long bow and shoot 30 dmg in khurit armor ? and dont lose stamina ? NO stam bow from MO 1 ? Its totaly broken . Fix it .

Reactions: Rorry

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
yea if you have high strength right now stamina usage for bows seems very low. not sure if that's intended or not, but hopefully it gets fixed.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
yea its broken, especially with this low speed you have all the time to sticky some1 with bow and there arent even counters like tower shields available

Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Bow stam usage definitely goes up with bow strength even if you have the strength to wield it. 50ish strength bows I used so I could get a shortbow, assym, and longbow all with the same range it took 24 seconds of sprinting and firing on every bow type to fully stam.

The 109 PvP longbow I had with me took 15 seconds. Bearing in mind the refire rate for charged shots is 19 shots per minute on all bows. So 4-5 shots while running if you start at full stam and burn yourself to 0.

As to why they would tone it down. You don't gain distance over slower footspeed opponents on a veela all that fast anymore. You're getting off like 1-2 shots a minute if most opponents stay on you. 0 shots and dead if your opponent is a melee veela.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
As to why they would tone it down. You don't gain distance over slower footspeed opponents on a veela all that fast anymore. You're getting off like 1-2 shots a minute if most opponents stay on you. 0 shots and dead if your opponent is a melee veela.
Most fights aren't linear 1v1's, especially that involve kiting. 1v1 most people wouldn't be running away, even if they play a veela, in this beta time period.

Not only that, but most of the time you are kiting away at low health, so only a couple of shots have to connect.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
That's the complete opposite of my approach. Veela fighters have less health, damage, and generally armor than their opponents so 1v1 I start with harassing with kiting and archery and switch to melee once they are low and running from me.

In teamfights stam drain isn't as big of a deal though. You can often find opportunities to just stand still and fire if you're not the one being chased. It is the combined act of running and shooting that drains the big stam. That is after all, the name of the topic. Long bow running.

Rudakov

May 31, 2020
Poroblem that i fight Wiked and he have more dmg and health and in 60% he have friends and i am solo So i kite , and i dont know how he can run from crafter tables to stable and shoot all the way with long bow 114 str in my back and run on same speed not losing stamina how it can be posible ?

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
That's the complete opposite of my approach. Veela fighters have less health, damage, and generally armor than their opponents so 1v1 I start with harassing with kiting and archery and switch to melee once they are low and running from me.

In teamfights stam drain isn't as big of a deal though. You can often find opportunities to just stand still and fire if you're not the one being chased. It is the combined act of running and shooting that drains the big stam. That is after all, the name of the topic. Long bow running.
Well apparently some bows do not drain stam at all while running and shooting. If not then how would this be possible:

Poroblem that i fight Wiked and he have more dmg and health and in 60% he have friends and i am solo So i kite , and i dont know how he can run from crafter tables to stable and shoot all the way with long bow 114 str in my back and run on same speed not losing stamina how it can be posible ?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Is this with the vendor bows? Cause I think the vendor bows are not working as they should and does not really represent the archery mechanic as it should.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Vendor bows definately drain stam or at least they did before bow crafting made it in:

d91c50216c540227393f26733cdc06c6.png

Vendor bows are ENTIRELY inconsistent with crafted bows in terms of what they do though. The only thing I found that was consistent was shots per minute.

If you're finding bows that don't drain stam though. Report it. I've done a heck of a lot of data testing on bows and have found no such thing.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
There are for sure some that I can hold back forever while standing still and have full stamina. It takes 7-10 stam when I pull it but my stam refills to 100% in a second or so. I think that some were crafted and some were from the vendor, but not completely sure.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I can hold back forever while standing still and have full stamina

Yes. You recharge faster than you use stam on most bows while standing still. I do not see how that is a problem. If archers are not very powerful when left to casually do their own thing with no pressure applied to them, then they're distinctly underpowered. Archers in this game aren't like WoW or something. You can't pull a drop-back and snare and then whollop the enemy for half their healthbar in a couple seconds. If you get pushed by melee and don't switch to melee yourself then you're in for a LONG fight of running and shooting. Once pressure gets applied to you a pure archer is entirely shut down.

The real issue here is you personally consider melee only footfighting the only true form of combat and want everything else to be underpowered.

Also going to add I literally never stam out in melee fights if I'm not running or chasing someone. So this certainly isn't something every melee build suffers from either.

It is the combined act of running and shooting that drains the big stam. That is after all, the name of the topic. Long bow running.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valoran

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yes. You recharge faster than you use stam on most bows while standing still. I do not see how that is a problem. If archers are not very powerful when left to casually do their own thing with no pressure applied to them, then they're distinctly underpowered.

The real issue here is you personally consider melee only footfighting the only true form of combat and want everything else to be underpowered.
I wasn't saying those were the bows that people are running with, just saying that I have seen ones that are this way.

I don't think that only melee combat is the true form of combat. I DON'T want ANY part of the combat mix to be over powered when the game releases. Right now, I think archery, and parries will be over powered, and many types of melee weapons will be very under powered (often because of things other than just raw damage numbers, i.e. slow swing, stam usage, wonky hitbox, etc.)

In this case experience is useful because we already dealt with/lived through this in MO1.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Many types of melee will be underpowered. Prettymuch every 1h weapon that isn't a dagger. Polarms... we'll see what kind of bonuses they do or don't get against cav. Most 2h weapons, spears, and daggers are in a great spot though and need no buffs. Nor is anything OP fighting against them at the moment. Some specific weapons have counters but they are balanced.

Right now, in-game. Archery isn't OP. It's incredibly easy to deal with. Apply any pressure and they have to switch weapons or be darn near entirely negated.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Right now is NOTHING like what it will be at release.

Edit: Added. SV isn't really giving us realistic conditions to test in, and I think it will come back to bite them after release.

Last edited: