Lets get positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There's a difference between believing in the vision/style of a game, wishing for it to succeed and providing constructive criticism to help it do just that. What you and others are doing though is preaching doom and the sense of inevitable failure (most likely in order to enjoy a 'shallow' and brief sense of satisfaction). That helps no one and it's important to make that clear.
We are just telling it how it is. Blame henrik not us for that.

Saying it needs to be "constructive" is a cop out and wishing for something to succeed doesn't affect the value or correctness of your criticism or feed back in the least.

We actually want the game to be good not just mediocre. Our success for the game is determined by how good the game is not how many people we can get to like a subpar product.

Jan 28, 2022
If they can fit everyone on one server, would be great. And if they can provide the service to all they are selling it to, fine. But if they sell this game to people who can only join a queue then it's nothing but a scam. Show some backbone, and halt sales if you can't allow everyone to play. Final Fantasy has not been available for purchase in a long time because they have server capacity issues. Luckily we can enjoy forum pvp while servers are full. xD

unclesid25

Jan 9, 2022
My guild and I had some fun adventures in Haven... but the fun has run out... If we could duel in Haven- Might have given us a few more days... half of us jumped into que out of pure boredom (knowing we would be stuck there), a type of perma death, leaving our un-spendable riches behind, to go play something else while we wait for the game to allow us in. The positive is- At least I am not in haven..

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I'm so tired of seeing players tell other players to leave the game, or why they stick around. It's such a back handed way to insult someone or to try and curb any kind of dialogue what so ever.

Because every time it's not a genuine concern, just what ever is the easiest way to make someone not express their opinion to which the person saying it usually disagrees with it.

There is a fine difference between disliking the game, and disliking some of the design choices of a game. I've played a lot of battle royale games, like Fortnite or Apex Legend, I dislike both of those games. I've played a lot of open world full loot PvP games, like Darkfall and Mortal, I dislike some of the design choices of the game..

For Darkfall, I wasn't a huge fan of RoA (Rise of Agon) because the experience was shortened due to no time sinks being really present.

For MO1, I wasn't a huge fan of the insane imbalance in regards to PvP & PvE.

For MO2, I'm not that fond of the idea that Haven seems somehow lazier this time around then MO1's Haven.
You're tired of seeing people ask someone who posts 100% negative posts everywhere you look why they are sticking around? Odd...seems like normal behavior to me. Idk what else you would expect?
There's a difference between believing in the vision/style of a game, wishing for it to succeed and providing constructive criticism to help it do just that. What you and others are doing though is preaching doom and the sense of inevitable failure (most likely in order to enjoy a 'shallow' and brief sense of satisfaction). That helps no one and it's important to make that clear.
Well said.

Reactions: Ulysses

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
You're tired of seeing people ask someone who posts 100% negative posts everywhere you look why they are sticking around? Odd...seems like normal behavior to me. Idk what else you would expect?

Are you referring to @Tzone with this statement?

What I said is what I said, and it applies to any who fall under it. If you wish to perceive it as something else then go right ahead, you have that choice.

I simply dislike the idea of people asking and / or telling people to leave simply because of what they read from others. Most people who put valid concerns up are more passionate about the game then those who simply nod & agree with everything done.. Good, middle, or bad. To want the best game / product is fair, and I do not see it as negative. In-fact, the sheer rawness of some peoples feedback is indicative of how strongly they feel about it.

If they don't like certain things about the game, let them voice it; the only time I truly draw a line in the sand is when those ideas encroach upon the very goal Mortal is trying to achieve which is a "living, breathing world with realistic situations & outcomes" that befit that fictional world.

I'll simply take your word for it and assume you were asking genuinely and not as a means to bait someone into arguing with you over why they think X, Y, and Z is bad simply to follow it up with "well quit and find another game L O L".

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Are you referring to @Tzone with this statement?

What I said is what I said, and it applies to any who fall under it. If you wish to perceive it as something else then go right ahead, you have that choice.

I simply dislike the idea of people asking and / or telling people to leave simply because of what they read from others. Most people who put valid concerns up are more passionate about the game then those who simply nod & agree with everything done.. Good, middle, or bad. To want the best game / product is fair, and I do not see it as negative. In-fact, the sheer rawness of some peoples feedback is indicative of how strongly they feel about it.

If they don't like certain things about the game, let them voice it; the only time I truly draw a line in the sand is when those ideas encroach upon the very goal Mortal is trying to achieve which is a "living, breathing world with realistic situations & outcomes" that befit that fictional world.

I'll simply take your word for it and assume you were asking genuinely and not as a means to bait someone into arguing with you over why they think X, Y, and Z is bad simply to follow it up with "well quit and find another game L O L".
See....this is weird because we both fully agree here. I have posted hundreds of threads with my feedback for the game in the past. I'm just as "passionate" about this game as the next guy. But as Ulysses said,
There's a difference between believing in the vision/style of a game, wishing for it to succeed and providing constructive criticism to help it do just that.

And yes I was referring to Tzone. And also yes I was genuinely asking him why he is sticking around and he answered. I just disagree with his method of doing it. I imagine game devs overlook people who constantly shit talk them and tell them how terrible their ideas are. So if he does have good ideas, its a shame.

Im not trying to bait anyone into anything...

but yeah I guess everyone else is just "casual" lol
They just cant argue their side and dont actually care about the game. They play casually, gaming doesnt mean as much to them as it does to us. So any shallow enjoyment they may get out of the few hours they do play is major for them.
The fact you liked that comment says a lot tbh.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
See....this is weird because we both fully agree here. I have posted hundreds of threads with my feedback for the game in the past. I'm just as "passionate" about this game as the next guy. But as Ulysses said,

And yes I was referring to Tzone. And also yes I was genuinely asking him why he is sticking around and he answered. I just disagree with his method of doing it. I imagine game devs overlook people who constantly shit talk them and tell them how terrible their ideas are. So if he does have good ideas, its a shame.

Im not trying to bait anyone into anything...

Alright. Fair enough. I apologize for jumping the gun on that then.

While it can be fairly obvious going through my own postings and Tzone, we do not see eye-to-eye on everything; but disagreements are fine.

But I also find people can convey feedback differently than others, and while I don't necessarily see Tzone's method of conveying feedback overly negative or bad.. It's not in a manner I would do it. But I say that not in a negative way, but because he and I are not the same people.

I'm sure you've had your moments, or maybe not.. maybe you're impervious to anger over video game design haha. Regardless, as long as he isn't just bashing anything and everything 24/7 I don't think he is in any wrong personally. I've seen people simply bash to bash, with no want for the game to improve. I don't get that from @Tzone

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
i like this game because decisions have consequences, danger is always lurking, and theres always one more secret to explore. People remember you for good or bad, and you become part of the game and it’s history. Players and their relationships are everything, that’s the real endgame here because you have to rely on each other so much.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Alright. Fair enough. I apologize for jumping the gun on that then.

While it can be fairly obvious going through my own postings and Tzone, we do not see eye-to-eye on everything; but disagreements are fine.

But I also find people can convey feedback differently than others, and while I don't necessarily see Tzone's method of conveying feedback overly negative or bad.. It's not in a manner I would do it. But I say that not in a negative way, but because he and I are not the same people.

I'm sure you've had your moments, or maybe not.. maybe you're impervious to anger over video game design haha. Regardless, as long as he isn't just bashing anything and everything 24/7 I don't think he is in any wrong personally. I've seen people simply bash to bash, with no want for the game to improve. I don't get that from @Tzone
No I have definitely had my moments. I've said some very negative stuff on the forums in the past to the devs (and to players sorry), but I realized how being that way doesn't get anything done. The devs are working hard for a video game for us to play, and giving feedback on things you dislike can go a long way if you word it in a constructive manner. Not "Henrik is a noob who doesn't even play games" lol.

Idk, I dont think I need to say more on it. Tzone and everyone else is free to express their opinions however they want. Maybe i just somehow always see the negative posts.. But if they find the devs ignoring them...maybe they should ask why.

Lots of us have gotten things changed in the past from forums threads we've made. Proper wording is key though.

Lastly, as you said disagreements are fine. I personally enjoy debating people on topics in a friendly way. I just think since its over text it can be difficult to judge a persons (intentions?). I think that's the word I'm looking for. Its late...

Anyway. The title of the thread is "let's get positive". So back to it..

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
You can be greatly passionate (or not) about the game and be positive (or negative) about it at the same time. These are not mutually exclusive sentiments. I think we as a community are incredibly diverse in our opinions and views, and that is a good thing.

At the end of the day, this is SV's game and we are here to enjoy and share in that vision. I could think of a dozen instances where SV made decisions that I did not like or agree with. But the basic premise behind their vision has remained unchanged, and that's what keeps me here.

I think we live in a world that hates evil more than it loves good. While that mentality in itself may seem progressive and just, I think it is making people look past anything that is done well and right, and instead the focus seems to be on what is deficient or not up to par.

To put things in perspective, we are dealing with what I see as a small bump on the road. It will pass, sooner than later, perhaps. Is it awful and frustrating that we are unable to log in and play one week after launch? Absolutely. But is it worth trashing SV and giving them the finger everywhere on Steam, social media and here on the forums? I think that is something we could all pause for a moment and reflect on.

I'm not trying to tell people what to think, we are all free to think what we wish, and express them as we will. But are we tearing down more than we are building up something that we are all here for in the first place?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
View attachment 3452

Just wait a few more days and you'll be able to play...

It's funny how people devolve to bitchboi behavior in the stay positive thread. How many posts did that take before you start w/ troll gifs. "sad."

MO1 was a better game than MO2. I didn't do much combat in MO1 because of awful lag, but even I could say it was a better game, and it had way more bugs, way more server issues, and other unmentionable things.

I think the saltiness comes from some of us believing in 8 years (MO lasted for a long time, but I dunno how much of a worth game it was after like 2014 lol,) they could have made the game better in some way. A lot of us accepted this and decided to jump on due to the potential that it COULD GET BETTER. Maybe we bought into the yea it's still basically alpha and it took MO1 a few years to get going, so let's try this. However, this launch issue has really caused a lot of rage, and we still dunno if it can be truly fixed.

I've given way more suggestions than time I've spent bitching. It's not my fault that the community spits them back in my face and says I dunno what I'm talking about. Well, not as much anymore, but they did at first. There are a lot of big problems even with the non-combat systems (like cooking bleehhh,) their attempt to curb pvp was really the wrong direction (even if less pvp is what they wanted), and the problem w/ SV is it seems they double down on bad decisions or try to fix their way out of them when really it's as simple as removing stuff sometimes. Like we said in MO1: REMOVE WALLS. They could have done that, but they didn't.

If there was no haven, the game would probably be working now. haha. People would be giving neg reviews but saying "I got pkd in the GY and couldn't do anything" is much different than "I CANT LOG INTO THE FAKN GAME."

That being said -deep breath-, I like the first person nature of the game. There is no feeling like running around in the world. Riding around in the world is cool, too, but running around the world on a fast character, climbing mountains etc, that's the beauty of MO. Of course, you'd wish if you got somewhere special there would be a chest or some unique pickable, but that's another thing.

I like the fact that the market system isn't so taxed that you can actually make money JUST by playing the market game. The economy is a big part of this game and pre-TC MO (discounting dubious mats) was kind of like that, too. Individual brokers per town, no fast travel, that is really good. Special extraction appliances/pseudo dungeons to fight over, that's good, too.

Mainly this is the most immersive game I've ever played and I had fun WINNING over and over until I finally thought, hey I subbing two accts to a video game, even if I am winning, why am I paying to put in work? I imagine that feeling will come back in MO2 once I get set up, but until then... like in the "almost winning" phase and the "enjoying winning phase," I should play for awhile. No one can take away the amount of WINNING I did in MO1, as a solo, and I do count it as one of my greater video game achievements. (My 'actual pvp' (it's all pvp imo) achievements came in other, less laggy, more balance games.)

When you're ahead of the curve and your lvl 25 mounts are just lolling away from potential gankers and you are traveling the world to pick mats or paying nubs to pick mats so you can create something nobody else in the game can, you feel pretty special. Of course, it's still just a game. Eventually, that realization comes to you, and that's why I dunno if I can ever get as wet for MO2. Still, I'm here to play and try to be a positive influence on the community. I wanna help put people on. Cuz like I said I can sit in town all day talking and turn market raw mats into value buys for nubs and still turn a profit.

But I'm a diff type of dude than most of these people haha.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I think we live in a world that hates evil more than it loves good. While that mentality in itself may seem progressive and just, I think it is making people look past anything that is done well and right, and instead the focus seems to be on what is deficient or not up to par.
You don't need to opinionated about this, it a fact that most people have an easier time remembering negative things than they do positive. Give it a years time an people will still be bashing this game for it launch day issues. But those same individuals will fail to remember how SV spent 12-15 hours a day working to fix the issue, or how SV disabled the subscription timers while the issue was being resolved.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I am positively looking forward to seeing the strong & resilient parts of the community enjoy this game.

There are individuals and groups here who would (and have) constituted an instant content upgrade for any game they played (or have played).

You will hear some great stories and have some amazing emergent experiences. The old MO saying of "If it can be done, it will be done" isn't just about 'exploits'.

Oggle

Feb 2, 2022
Also its easy to be positive when you just showed up and everything is new and shiny and exciting.

much harder when you’ve had to listen to Henrik over promise and under deliver for 10 years. MO1 was always a “just wait a little more, and well get it right”…”next parch will fix everything”…”prediction will fix desync”….etc etc.
and here we are again. Henrik playing the only tune he knows.

and you telling people to be positive. As if we haven't been positive in the past for firkin years on end. I am now completely positive that SV is incapable of getting it right.

Im not forcing anyone to be positive but if you want to complain theres plenty of places to do it. I wanted to provide a space to build on the good aspects of the game not rehash the same rage and anger over and over again.

Theres a lot of good that I can see inside of the problems and id rather focus on that over the latter.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No I have definitely had my moments. I've said some very negative stuff on the forums in the past to the devs (and to players sorry), but I realized how being that way doesn't get anything done. The devs are working hard for a video game for us to play, and giving feedback on things you dislike can go a long way if you word it in a constructive manner. Not "Henrik is a noob who doesn't even play games" lol.

Idk, I dont think I need to say more on it. Tzone and everyone else is free to express their opinions however they want. Maybe i just somehow always see the negative posts.. But if they find the devs ignoring them...maybe they should ask why.

Lots of us have gotten things changed in the past from forums threads we've made. Proper wording is key though.

Lastly, as you said disagreements are fine. I personally enjoy debating people on topics in a friendly way. I just think since its over text it can be difficult to judge a persons (intentions?). I think that's the word I'm looking for. Its late...

Anyway. The title of the thread is "let's get positive". So back to it..

Also, ye, things have been changed. I think you should skim thru Tzone posts and others like him. Maybe I'm one of those people, too, I dunno? haha. But I would admit (not to name and shame) that I do think some people, more than others, are able to maintain the illusion (and it really is an illusion imo) of maturity on this forum throughout the majority of their posts. Sometimes he will meme like Henrik doesn't even play the game or whatever, and yea, that's kind of a skip over part once you've seen it. However, there is still good content there, diverse content. A lot of the 'shilling' content is more toxic. Tzone is going to realize he is shouting at a wall, and maybe in those moments when he does realize it is when he posts things like Henrik is a Nub, just like people on steam who say... SV is scammers, etc. Check out this Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline/comments/si00aj
I am combing all things MO at this moment, keeping my FINGER ON THE PULSE when I can. Tons of people are posting unbelievable, truly meritless garbage. haha. It's kind of like people who say with your wife or family you let you guard down and you are more of a jerk because you don't have to pretend. I feel like 'salty vets,' and yea there were plenty on Mofo1 accept the 'good parts' that all of the new players are like OOOO about as parts of the game. What they are talking about goes far beyond that, and in this case, it's not only queueing but, potentially, the game being a horrible lag fest. Cuz AS I SAID BEFORE, I was on when the server started going down and it got 'bad' laggy, then 'wow wtf' level laggy, then 'log off' laggy. The fact that people continued to brute force it out is kinda amazing, but I don't know if they deserve awards for that. Maybe where they were wasn't lagging as bad, cuz nodes, but if that level of lag is going to continue to be in the game once a node gets a population of about 200~ people, that's no different than MO1. That's catastrophic for the long term future of the game.

So in the vein of this positive thread! Let's all say something positive about Tzone! :D How u like them apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.