Lets get positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggle

Feb 2, 2022
Okay so I am a new player and Mortal Online 2 looks really interesting and intriguing to me. Maybe this is my optimism being a former QA who expects bugs but assuming we are all going to be good to play in a few days when the server issue is resolved I wanted to learn more about the game and the community, from the community itself.

So I thought instead of whinging about the server issues and what devs could have done differently tell me what you love about Mortal Onlines. What is fun and interesting looking about this new world. What exciting things I may be able to look forward to playing alongside the rest of you? Maybe some positive/fun/pvp horror stories from the beta that some of you more experienced players could share.

I look forward to hearing more of them and once the servers are working to see you all in game!

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Okay so I am a new player and Mortal Online 2 looks really interesting and intriguing to me. Maybe this is my optimism being a former QA who expects bugs but assuming we are all going to be good to play in a few days when the server issue is resolved I wanted to learn more about the game and the community, from the community itself.

So I thought instead of whinging about the server issues and what devs could have done differently tell me what you love about Mortal Onlines. What is fun and interesting looking about this new world. What exciting things I may be able to look forward to playing alongside the rest of you? Maybe some positive/fun/pvp horror stories from the beta that some of you more experienced players could share.

I look forward to hearing more of them and once the servers are working to see you all in game!
You should wonder why all most all of the vets and older players are jaded before you start asking us to get positive.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Duk420

Jan 12, 2022
We definitely need some positivity.

I'm positive this game is already awesome and could be epic.

I'm positive I'm already addicted. Why else bother with 5+ hour queues.

I'm positive my build is janky but still fun as hell to play.

I'm positive I'll keep playing this game even if it takes a month to fix the queue.

I'm positive I'll keep complaining if it does take a month.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Most veterans in most games are jaded. Ive played enough other MMO's to know this isn't specific to just this game.
It happens for a reason. The vets care about the game, the devs fuck up the game.

MO2 will get positivity when it deserves positivity. Henrik ignoring the community concerns is what lead to this mess and why we dont have any remorse.

Oggle

Feb 2, 2022
It happens for a reason. The vets care about the game, the devs fuck up the game.

MO2 will get positivity when it deserves positivity. Henrik ignoring the community concerns is what lead to this mess and why we dont have any remorse.

It's really hard to handle a large community of diverse people and different approaches that can be taken to handling it. I prefer a very out in front approach but it seems MO's devs have been a bit more cryptic in their talks with the community which is unfortunate. The game itself looks great it just seems we may need patience on the technical end of things which doesnt appear to be their strength.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It's really hard to handle a large community of diverse people and different approaches that can be taken to handling it. I prefer a very out in front approach but it seems MO's devs have been a bit more cryptic in their talks with the community which is unfortunate. The game itself looks great it just seems we may need patience on the technical end of things which doesnt appear to be their strength.
Its mostly not a technical issue that is killing the game. Its really bad design choices by henrik. If the game had two servers then you would not have seen the current issues. Now Farmerjoe has to work his ass off to build more nodes and get more resources to make the one server idea work. Its probably not going to work.

You can make you who has good argument and not. The main issue is that henrik is a noob and doesnt know how to play video games. He also hasnt been paying attention to every other indie game release which gamers have and were relaying back to him about what will happen.

there is a lot of rift raft on the forums which were saying stupid things like about how the game needed more advertising but most people can snuff out who is competent easily.

Like what Im saying as a person who put a lot of hours into mo2 is that there are lots of issues caused by henrik and people have made so many numerous attempt to get him to be reasonably. But he just doest not care.

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
Its mostly not a technical issue that is killing the game. Its really bad design choices by henrik. If the game had two servers then you would not have seen the current issues. Now Farmerjoe has to work his ass off to build more nodes and get more resources to make the one server idea work. Its probably not going to work.

You can make you who has good argument and not. The main issue is that henrik is a noob and doesnt know how to play video games. He also hasnt been paying attention to every other indie game release which gamers have and were relaying back to him about what will happen.

there is a lot of rift raft on the forums which were saying stupid things like about how the game needed more advertising but most people can snuff out who is competent easily.

Like what Im saying as a person who put a lot of hours into mo2 is that there are lots of issues caused by henrik and people have made so many numerous attempt to get him to be reasonably. But he just doest not care.

stop-whining-whine.gif

Just wait a few more days and you'll be able to play...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
View attachment 3452

Just wait a few more days and you'll be able to play...
Weeks*

Besides that there are a whole bunch more reasons to not be positive besides the queue. We have been jaded long before launch. Im not even nihilistic about the queue its all the other choices that have been made added on top of the dumpster fire of a launch.

Game doesnt deserve positive reviews or possitivity which the choices being made. If you think other wise you just are not active or aware enough.

• Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Weeks*

Besides that there are a whole bunch more reasons to not be positive besides the queue. We have been jaded long before launch. Im not even nihilistic about the queue its all the other choices that have been made added on top of the dumpster fire of a launch.

Game doesnt deserve positive reviews or possitivity which the choices being made. If you think other wise you just are not active or aware enough.
This is a serious question, but why even bother staying here if you have such a negative opinion about the game? Is it worth going to be worth it in the end? Its just a game...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This is a serious question, but why even bother staying here if you have such a negative opinion about the game? Is it worth going to be worth it in the end? Its just a game...
make me a list of games that are open world full loot PvP mmos.

The game has some stuff going for it despite its horrible parts. People think its weird to fight for making the game better which is astounding to me.

You are not allowed to complain or criticize a game you play or else you have to not play it.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Also its easy to be positive when you just showed up and everything is new and shiny and exciting.

much harder when you’ve had to listen to Henrik over promise and under deliver for 10 years. MO1 was always a “just wait a little more, and well get it right”…”next parch will fix everything”…”prediction will fix desync”….etc etc.
and here we are again. Henrik playing the only tune he knows.

and you telling people to be positive. As if we haven't been positive in the past for firkin years on end. I am now completely positive that SV is incapable of getting it right.

Reactions: Tzone

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
I'm very optimistic....beta worked good, content is much better than MO1, the landscape is huge. Am I happy I've only been able to log in on launch day? No, but its just a game. I'm sure they will get this sorted, especially since they have some Unreal Peeps working with them.

I laugh when I see other vets bitching....then they log in and continue to play, bitching all the way. I got an idea! Don't play and you don't have to worry!

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I'm very optimistic....beta worked good, content is much better than MO1, the landscape is huge. Am I happy I've only been able to log in on launch day? No, but its just a game. I'm sure they will get this sorted, especially since they have some Unreal Peeps working with them.

I laugh when I see other vets bitching....then they log in and continue to play, bitching all the way. I got an idea! Don't play and you don't have to worry!
Show me a list of mmos that are open world full loot PvP. Also with out cash shops. I would gladly go check them out.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I'm so tired of seeing players tell other players to leave the game, or why they stick around. It's such a back handed way to insult someone or to try and curb any kind of dialogue what so ever.

Because every time it's not a genuine concern, just what ever is the easiest way to make someone not express their opinion to which the person saying it usually disagrees with it.

There is a fine difference between disliking the game, and disliking some of the design choices of a game. I've played a lot of battle royale games, like Fortnite or Apex Legend, I dislike both of those games. I've played a lot of open world full loot PvP games, like Darkfall and Mortal, I dislike some of the design choices of the game..

For Darkfall, I wasn't a huge fan of RoA (Rise of Agon) because the experience was shortened due to no time sinks being really present.

For MO1, I wasn't a huge fan of the insane imbalance in regards to PvP & PvE.

For MO2, I'm not that fond of the idea that Haven seems somehow lazier this time around then MO1's Haven.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I'm so tired of seeing players tell other players to leave the game, or why they stick around. It's such a back handed way to insult someone or to try and curb any kind of dialogue what so ever.

Because every time it's not a genuine concern, just what ever is the easiest way to make someone not express their opinion to which the person saying it usually disagrees with it.

There is a fine difference between disliking the game, and disliking some of the design choices of a game. I've played a lot of battle royale games, like Fortnite or Apex Legend, I dislike both of those games. I've played a lot of open world full loot PvP games, like Darkfall and Mortal, I dislike some of the design choices of the game..

For Darkfall, I wasn't a huge fan of RoA (Rise of Agon) because the experience was shortened due to no time sinks being really present.

For MO1, I wasn't a huge fan of the insane imbalance in regards to PvP & PvE.

For MO2, I'm not that fond of the idea that Haven seems somehow lazier this time around then MO1's Haven.
They just cant argue their side and dont actually care about the game. They play casually, gaming doesnt mean as much to them as it does to us. So any shallow enjoyment they may get out of the few hours they do play is major for them.

Reactions: [CTX] Contractor

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
There's a difference between believing in the vision/style of a game, wishing for it to succeed and providing constructive criticism to help it do just that. What you and others are doing though is preaching doom and the sense of inevitable failure (most likely in order to enjoy a 'shallow' and brief sense of satisfaction). That helps no one and it's important to make that clear.

Reactions: Tloluvin and Vulpin
Status
Not open for further replies.