Let red players (5 plus MCs) bounty hunt too.

Should players with 5 or more murder counts also be allowed to take bounty contracts.

• Yes

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • Results

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no bounty hunting system

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People act like if you have under 5 MC you are some sort of carebear baby who hates PvP... Mate not everyone plays all day and just murders every noob they see on sight... It's not hard at all to stay under 5 MC
then you are probably either guard zone fighting or not wining open world fights. In open world when you PvP you are getting MCs or you are going to die.

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
There is a very simple solution here, allow people under 5 murder count to accept NPC random bounties, and only allow people over 5 murder count to accept player made bounties.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There is a very simple solution here, allow people under 5 murder count to accept NPC random bounties, and only allow people over 5 murder count to accept player made bounties.
If players would make bounties in the first place then we would not need a system.

Reactions: Jandles

rgarrett

Apr 23, 2022
They updated the test server today and we got the word that now that red players can not take the contracts.
People were somewhat happy before they heard it was changed to blue only.

I have major doubt that the under 5 MC blue players would even be able to do this content. And if they did they would mostly be able to target those over 5 MC casual players who are not criminals but flagged to help their guild or had a guild war in the past.

When both reds and blue can BH then you have wolves fighting the wolves. Instead now you will have only really the sheep players going out to give away gear to the wolves. The wolves if they could have bounty hunting would spend time bounty hunting instead of preying on sheep. It would be a PvP outlet. It would be content for all players .

The type of players that could do BH if reds could not do it would not be doing it. You are making content for people that will not do it. Its a complete waste of dev time that could have been used on TC or sieging.

BH went from something that people were happy for mostly with some concerns to really upsetting your players. Went from one of the few patchs people were happy for to another big let down.

Edit: A funny thing is that part of the reward is rep, for blue players...

im just gonna buy an alt account and kill myself

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Reds are the most likely to just murder the target and throw in a side of trash talk for free. Blues are going to be the ones more likely to try to not follow the contract somehow because they want to be all nice or whatever.

Yeah. If I'm putting out a contract I want reds to be able to finish it. Why wouldn't I? The point of a bounty is I want the target to die.

What I would LIKE to see is a system where you can blacklist players and guilds from taking your contracts. Or even better, set a private contract that only allows people on a whitelist to take it. Guarantee you there would be some red guilds like VII on my whitelist. Because I'm going to hire people who I can trust to get shit done.

Last edited:

Burni

Dec 24, 2021
I dont see what the problem is? Henrik mentioned assassin guild in the last stream so blue players get bounty system and red players will get assassin contracts... what ever they will be...

If players would make bounties in the first place then we would not need a system.
Nothing stops people listing players they want dead and then pay money for their heads now that we have named heads...

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Nothing stops people listing players they want dead and then pay money for their heads now that we have named heads...

The tracking system and ability to kill them in-town is the appeal. I would not pay 5g for someone to kill someone. 95% of your bounty claims are going to be people who ran across someone they would have killed anyway. Like Suttner posted a 5g bounty on Harbingers and the only time it ever got claimed was when some guild they were already hostile with killed an AFK. A waste of money basically.

A job where they can track down the target and kill them even if they are hiding in town... yeah. I have a lot more confidence I'm going to get my 5g worth. I might even be willing to pay more if I can select who can take it.

I really hope they'll actually be expanding this system so players can post bounties in the future.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
they are voting no because its tzone posting. Next time make a post of you being pro the other side and they will vote on the thing you actually want

• Haha
Reactions: CrgHck

Burni

Dec 24, 2021
The tracking system and ability to kill them in-town is the appeal. I would not pay 5g for someone to kill someone. 95% of your bounty claims are going to be people who ran across someone they would have killed anyway. Like Suttner posted a 5g bounty on Harbingers and the only time it ever got claimed was when some guild they were already hostile with killed an AFK. A waste of money basically.

A job where they can track down the target and kill them even if they are hiding in town... yeah. I have a lot more confidence I'm going to get my 5g worth. I might even be willing to pay more if I can select who can take it.

I really hope they'll actually be expanding this system so players can post bounties in the future.
Well there is serious abuse danger with being able to choose your own target and ability to kill them in town... expecially if you can choose who is doing it.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I dont see what the problem is? Henrik mentioned assassin guild in the last stream so blue players get bounty system and red players will get assassin contracts... what ever they will be...
The problem is that "Henrik mentioned" can mean "soon", "months", "years" or "never". Assassin's guild is not anywhere on the roadmap and honestly, knowing how SV works, i don't expect it to come in 2022, if ever. Hell i don't even think those coins that you get from BH will become useful within the next few months.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Voted Yes.

It makes sense that reds would be able to atone for their misdeeds by doing such things.

It also makes sense that killers would gravitate towards an activity that rewards them to kill.

One would think that the goal would be to get killers killing other killers more.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Voted Yes.

It makes sense that reds would be able to atone for their misdeeds by doing such things.

It also makes sense that killers would gravitate towards an activity that rewards them to kill.

One would think that the goal would be to get killers killing other killers more.

Right. If murderers are hunting other murderers then they aren't camping the graveyard. That's one of the big ways you don't have reds run off all your newbie blues. You give people who want to fight reasons to seek out other people who want to fight them.

Reactions: Amadman

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Reds killing reds for bounty contracts is very exploitable. Just get your red buddy to pick up you bounty contract and kill you, then you return the favour. Rinse and repeat until all mc are gone and you've even made some gold.

Come on people. Its a retarded system. The whole system seems incredibly exploitable for me. The game has no way of knowing that the person taking the contract isnt your friend of even your alt. Its moronic.

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Reds killing reds for bounty contracts is very exploitable. Just get your red buddy to pick up you bounty contract and kill you, then you return the favour. Rinse and repeat until all mc are gone and you've even made some gold.

Come on people. Its a retarded system. The whole system seems incredibly exploitable for me. The game has no way of knowing that the person taking the contract isnt your friend of even your alt. Its moronic.
How do you make gold? I think the bounties are random, the chances of picking your friend or alt are pretty low I imagine. If it does happen though I don't think it'd be that big of deal seeing as the reward is just rep, clade exp and cosmetic/tool currency.

Reactions: Amadman

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020

Contracts apparently cost 5g. The payout is rep, clade, and a bounty hunter coin. Also it sound like contracts are less something that exist and more something that is randomly generated for a random red when taken.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I voted NO,
I just want to start bar fights in towns as a bounty hunter 🤣
let there be justice.

Good luck

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
People act like if you have under 5 MC you are some sort of carebear baby who hates PvP... Mate not everyone plays all day and just murders every noob they see on sight... It's not hard at all to stay under 5 MC

There are definitely a lot of people who've gone red entirely on legitimate kills. In this context I mean kills on members of guilds with ongoing hostilities between each other or people well known for being menaces but who do things like horse killing that don't give murder counts. If the war system works properly I think it's going to dramatically reduce how many reds there are that don't really deserve to be reds. But I think you're going to end up with a lot of bounties that might surprise you when you start getting assigned to kill anyone who is red at random.

But yeah there are blue players who are pretty damn good and have a lot of combat experience under their belt. It just can be very difficult to maintain that status even if you play the role of a protector instead of a pacifist.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
IDK how some one can be so out of touch to think that every player with more then 5 MCs is a criminal player. Its like they never left town and got ran up on multiple players. Many times have the other group initiated the fight but as the victors we are the ones stuck with losing rep and MCs.

Its really more of a punish you for protecting your self in group fights system then a system to protect the blues. Its not even a protection system its just a revenge system for lazy people who cant do it them selves.

Maybe these people thinking that its possible to not have MCs dont have groups to play with that leave town regularly. Because they are out of touch with the reality of the game.

Even then many bounty hunters were or were actively also criminals when its was a romanticized like wild west. And I see no reason why you would not want your criminal players hunting down other criminal players instead of your blues.