Just to be clear

Crowfin

Jan 28, 2022
MN USA
I'm like 99% sure that the Queue time is not a line and a number. It's more of pools of people in time status of (if X=4hours+, add X% of priority) They take people with clean MS and better connections. We have people who have google fiber only waiting 5-10 minutes and others with poor quality waiting 60 years.

Reactions: Tzone

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
it isnt on the reset i queued before most guildies (1 infront of me) guildies in same town they all got in and im in queue. i feel lower ping has the advantage.
currently been trying to play but been in queue for 36 hours now .... prior to reset then it was 11 hrs without getting kicked from queue

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There is no line, its 100% random. I can be in queue for over 8 hours and a dude gets in with in 15mins on multiple of his computers.

It you client sending a package to the login server checking for a spot and if there is you get it. Basically just DoSing their own login server instead of having a actual queue system that is in client. They made this system like 2 months ago and thought it was fine to do it this way. Where people who have waited almost up to a day cant get in but others can get in on multiple computers in 15mins hours after the queue started.

Its just incompetence

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
Lmao the only explanation I have as to why they wont add a Queue number is that they simply do not like us. All queues by design have a numbering system built in if they are actually a traditional queue system, it's just a matter of writing a line or two to display that number.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Lmao the only explanation I have as to why they wont add a Queue number is that they simply do not like us. All queues by design have a numbering system built in if they are actually a traditional queue system, it's just a matter of writing a line or two to display that number.
Because there is not number, there is no queue its just who ever is faster or luckier with pinging the login server when there is a spot open.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Where people who have waited almost up to a day cant get in but others can get in on multiple computers in 15mins hours after the queue started.

can confirm people get in ahead of others already in queue... i've seen government run better queues, it is how bad this is

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I'm like 99% sure that the Queue time is not a line and a number. It's more of pools of people in time status of (if X=4hours+, add X% of priority) They take people with clean MS and better connections. We have people who have google fiber only waiting 5-10 minutes and others with poor quality waiting 60 years.
And finally you have people like me with NASA internet connections and still waiting 60 years to get in. So far 2 days waiting for my first steps in Myrland.

SV obviously knows what they are doing having dealt with issues like this for over 10 years :ROFLMAO:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
And finally you have people like me with NASA internet connections and still waiting 60 years to get in. So far 2 days waiting for my first steps in Myrland.
SV obviously knows what they are doing having dealt with issues like this for over 10 years :ROFLMAO:
The queue is like this 50-Year Long Oregon Trail Simulator:

TeATixH.gif

Notice that you never quite reach the river.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Yes, it does feel like lottery with ping
yeah ping is a big part i dont know any Australian trying to log in even able to get in since the patch 2 days ago that was spot to let people log back in when they crash.

bit of a discriminating queue system where the people with lowest ping tend to be the only ones that can play

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I think it has something to do with each individual steam account. I have never been able to log into Myrland, while some people in my guild have logged in repeatedly. On my accounts that are still in Haven or that I have not made a character with yet, 1 account can log into Haven every time, and the others go into server que even though I have not made a character on them yet. I tried to delete saved games with the phrase that SV released the other day, but it does not seem to exist on my computer anywhere.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think it has something to do with each individual steam account. I have never been able to log into Myrland, while some people in my guild have logged in repeatedly. On my accounts that are still in Haven or that I have not made a character with yet, 1 account can log into Haven every time, and the others go into server que even though I have not made a character on them yet. I tried to delete saved games with the phrase that SV released the other day, but it does not seem to exist on my computer anywhere.
Yeah, I can log in to haven with no que on my account since the beginning. My wife recently tried her account for the first time and went straight to the que.

So it seems you can not get in to haven easy form the start now. Possibly after you get in haven the first time it would skip it again though. But I am not sure because my wife never waited.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yeah, I can log in to haven with no que on my account since the beginning. My wife recently tried her account for the first time and went straight to the que.

So it seems you can not get in to haven easy form the start now. Possibly after you get in haven the first time it would skip it again though. But I am not sure because my wife never waited.
I only waited a couple of hours, myself.

Reactions: Amadman

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Everyone who doont like the game - bettter way is leaving. Go to play in other games and stop cry there.
wow people who expect a proper product should be insulted I guess. You are what is wrong with the current gaming industry.

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
wow people who expect a proper product should be insulted I guess. You are what is wrong with the current gaming industry.
This is not fully build game, then what are you guys want? Evereyone can got a butthurt, but see 2 days only posts about "game is bad", im just tired.
How i understand that problem - to many people leave Haven without understanding game. No one want to sit and learn something. Havens now is empty, Myrland got queue with 50% noobs. Later, noobs wait and start to play without Haven-skill-gane and start to cry how that community is toxic after 1-2 days., becouse they cant kill no one.
Then for me, all of this noob threads is stupid.

Reactions: Denarus

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
This is not fully build game, then what are you guys want?
A fully built game, ideally.

This excuse works for alpha and beta, not for launch. The player base was lied to about player capacity and this launch feels hasty and half baked. Why are you surprised that there is anger?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This is not fully build game, then what are you guys want? Evereyone can got a butthurt, but see 2 days only posts about "game is bad", im just tired.
How i understand that problem - to many people leave Haven without understanding game. No one want to sit and learn something. Havens now is empty, Myrland got queue with 50% noobs. Later, noobs wait and start to play without Haven-skill-gane and start to cry how that community is toxic after 1-2 days., becouse they cant kill no one.
Then for me, all of this noob threads is stupid.
Its not in beta anymore so you cant use that excuse. Game wasnt even in beta before launch it was in alpha by definition but they just lied and called it a beta to get it released.

They sold a product, their product doesn't work and thats their fault not the consumers. end of story except they were lying about their ability to hold players in the world and lying about how the queue works, and lying about having afk timers still.
They ignored consumer/player concerns before hand as well which makes it all worse since they knew better but still destroyed their launch. Still wont wipe while the game is unplayable for most of the players.