Join the PvP/Reputation Protest. Help us to succeed and end the bloodshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fbran

Dec 16, 2021
If a GUARD doesn't see me and I am outside of Town then why am I getting a Murder Count and losing Rep? How did I lose Rep? If I kill the enemy how did they report it? If there was no Guard how did they see it either? In Fights if the enemy doesn't like you they attack you, but if half of their guys haven't gone grey yet you still get Murder counted by all of them when you kill them. That doesn't make sense either because that system means I basically have to ignore the other players in the fight until they go Grey with no other course of action wtf? I think it should be once you are in the Wilderness the Guards aren't going to help you and rep and murder counts can't happen.

i agree. Makes no sence at all to be in the middle of nowhere and still getting murder count

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Like I always say if you want to live lawlessly you can live in lawless camps or guild cities. Safe towns are for good players. If you don't want to get banned from safe towns don't kill people. Just because it's a pvp game doesn't mean it should be free from consequences
Please check this thread to see how terrible reputation system penalizes "good players".

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
This isn’t that difficult. If you act unlawful, a lawful establishment is not going to welcome you into it. It’s a mmoRPG, Role Playing Game. No one should have a problem with people playing as outlaws, but the people playing as outlaws shouldn’t be surprised the lawful npcs treat them like outlaws. They don’t need better equipment in the unlawful establishment shops because as outlaws they are killing and looting players with equipment purchased from the lawful areas.

This is just people complaining that they can’t ruin a lawful players days without having to deal with a little consequence. If you want to gain back good reputation in a community then don’t keep killing people in said community lol. Breaking the law and then expecting the npcs to forget you’re a serial killer because you did some community service is silly in a game that has marketed itself as a sandbox mmoRPG.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
Please check this thread to see how terrible reputation system penalizes "good players".
Guilds are not governments they are groups of people who live in a world that has its own kings. If you want that type of game, New World uses a game mechanic that is exactly what you’re looking for if you want land ownership. Guilds in MO2 are more like street gangs. They can go to war with one another but it doesn’t mean the city government are going to be okay with it.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Guilds are not governments they are groups of people who live in a world that has its own kings. If you want that type of game, New World uses a game mechanic that is exactly what you’re looking for if you want land ownership.
Except... there IS land ownership, there are 16 keeps that guilds can hold, and territory control with taxation and stuff is planned for the future. But anyway i don't know what territory control has to do with guild wars.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
If you want to gain back good reputation in a community then don’t keep killing people in said community lol.
You just pointed out another issue. You can't see to which "community"/faction a certain player belongs to.
If you kill some Meduli Citizen he can ghost over to Vadda and let you loose Khurite Standing, just for the sake of fucking you over, without even being part of the Khurite community.

Lasrod

Jan 12, 2021
The absolutely best PvP comes when you PvP players who want to PvP and that you don't PvP players who does not want to PvP. A rep system where there are areas where you can feel safe from PvP is a good way to both give new players a more safe zone but also to allow for PvE players to enjoy the game.

Exactly how to best solve this situation to bring PvP players to other PvP players is a challenge to achieve and something that needs to be provided by one solution or another. Using reputation to move PvP players away from certain zones is a great approach but of course it has to be made in a way that does not punish PvP players from fighting other PvP players.

We already know that Henric and the team are working on providing a good solution to this so I don't see why you want to punish the new players who are trying out the game just because the reputation system is not yet working as intended. If you want the game to be the best possible then work on providing a good experience for new players and give constructive feedback on how to improve the system to keep a balance between PvP and PvE.

wateradded

Dec 18, 2021
So our protest is to kill new players to kill game numbers until the Devs fix it. Sound like a crazy dumb idea? Keep in Mind we already lost 300 players who enjoyed PvP who realized they couldn't do it anymore. Once again it's up to us, the players to make the changes we want happen, without us there is no game. And we are losing lots of players. Join us and together I am sure the devs will fix things as soon as next patch if enough people participate.

So you are upset that a lot of players left the game(daily players decreased by 300), your brothers hardcore PVPers allegedly. And to fix that you go around and grief new players en masse and also call other player to cull newb population? Just to sum it up, bunch of people left the game allegedly and to make things better you and your friends do their best to make all the new players who provide influx of new population to quit. If i have seen a fool proof plan then it is this.

Also in what universe do you think that blackmailing devs and/or game population with grief is a way to fix anything?

Reactions: Lasrod

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
So you are upset that a lot of players left the game(daily players decreased by 300), your brothers hardcore PVPers allegedly. And to fix that you go around and grief new players en masse and also call other player to cull newb population? Just to sum it up, bunch of people left the game allegedly and to make things better you and your friends do their best to make all the new players who provide influx of new population to quit. If i have seen a fool proof plan then it is this.

Also in what universe do you think that blackmailing devs and/or game population with grief is a way to fix anything?
This really depends on perspective. You can be a new player and NOT mind being killed in game because you've just bought a game that is actually advertised as a hardcore oldscholl pvp jabbajabba and he expects to be killed at the graveyard. If SV doesn't want to loose players who whine about being killed at the GY they may simply do what amazon did to NW because these people will never be happy until free non-consensual pvp is dead. Seen that happen oh so many times i've lost count.

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor

What do you suggest?

wateradded

Dec 18, 2021
This really depends on perspective. You can be a new player and NOT mind being killed in game because you've just bought a game that is actually advertised as a hardcore oldscholl pvp jabbajabba and he expects to be killed at the graveyard. If SV doesn't want to loose players who whine about being killed at the GY they may simply do what amazon did to NW because these people will never be happy until free non-consensual pvp is dead. Seen that happen oh so many times i've lost count.

There might be a difference between organized systemic harassment of new players with goal to blackmail developers and occasional non-consensual PVP death.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Like I always say if you want to live lawlessly you can live in lawless camps or guild cities. Safe towns are for good players. If you don't want to get banned from safe towns don't kill people. Just because it's a pvp game doesn't mean it should be free from consequences
This is ignorant thinking since most of the time its people just defending them selves who get the MCs.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Propose constructive solutions instead of shoving ultimatums down the developers throats?
The solution is a to revert, but SV doesn't have "not doubling down" in their vocabulary.
Just look at rep lost on guard aggro and how it back fired but they still kept it. Lictors still teleporting outside of town thought walls to kill people.

You don't want to hear anything but praise. Don't be disingenuous about wanting to hear "solutions". All ways the same thing people give their feedback devs ignore it, fan boys keep defending it.

If they want to go to GY and kill noobs because the devs are ruining the game for them. More power to them.

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
That's a good start.

It's the solution. People are whining about the rep system because currently it's harsh to live outside of towns. As soon as players can place crafting and extraction devices you don't ever need to enter towns anymore. Books can easily be bought on delivery from the multiple merchant guilds. The reps ystem does what it is supposed to in a reasonable way.

Falcar

Dec 18, 2021
Norway
I don't see how killing every blue player in a zerg is going to solve anything... You'll drive away players, SV isn't going to do anything, and we have a dead game once again like MO1. There's got to be a more productive way of getting the devs attention than throwing tantrums 🤔

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
It isn't counter productive. Your argument is about "Realism" my argument is about meaningful PVP gameplay. We aren't trying to force a notion that if we want PvP we have to Suffer for it. We are fighting against that mindset.
what you are pushing for is the SANDBOX MMORPG to be strictly PVP, and we all have to suffer for it lol. No one is saying that you can’t pvp. Just that there should be consequences for your actions in the game like there is for all the PvE players. If you change the gameplay in the way you are asking, it takes the balance away from the game. It sounds like you want this game to be New World. Just play New World and allow this game to be its own thing.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
You just pointed out another issue. You can't see to which "community"/faction a certain player belongs to.
If you kill some Meduli Citizen he can ghost over to Vadda and let you loose Khurite Standing, just for the sake of fucking you over, without even being part of the Khurite community.
Next time you are in Meduli, check out the names of it guards. Factions in this game are not decided by players because none of us are kings in this game. The guilds we have are on par with street gangs or mafia. They are strong enough to dictate things for other players but they pale in comparison to what ever royal family lives in Tindrem.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Next time you are in Meduli, check out the names of it guards. Factions in this game are not decided by players because none of us are kings in this game. The guilds we have are on par with street gangs or mafia. They are strong enough to dictate things for other players but they pale in comparison to what ever royal family lives in Tindrem.
You sir, are an oaf.
Meduli is a Tindremic town. But Vadda is not. And there are also no Tindremic Guards in Vadda. And Hyllspeia is neither Tibdremic nor Khurite, but Kallard(?).

That's also the reason why there is faction reputation and no global reputation.
The MO2 lore even explains that the Tindr Empire was raiding the Khurite Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.