Join the PvP/Reputation Protest. Help us to succeed and end the bloodshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
The Explanation:

This is a PvP game to some and a PVE game to others. But the PvP suffers a lot from the Devs not giving the PvP players a good Rep system, Red Towns with Value, or Crafting Tables in Houses or Portable Crafting Tables. Our gameplay was 90% farming Risars and Parcel runs and 10% PvP. Because it doesn't take long to get a ton of negative rep but it takes forever to get the rep to fight. We love to fight and do PVP in this game that is what we enjoy. But as of the housing patch onwards Reputation has not gotten any better. This has led us to lose 300 Daily players from the housing patch (Look up Steam Chart Numbers) the devs didn't seem to care as they haven't made much of A effort to fix things or make them better. This will cause many more players to quit, many of us are in talks of not playing anymore, because the game is less about PvP and more about PVE now. (For Reference Mortal Online1 Struggled with a few hundred players for years, MO2 will have the same thing happen if the devs don't make a better game then MO1)

What The PvP Community wants:
It starts with making this game what it is advertised to be, (A Hardcore Pvp Skill based Full Loot Game) the changes the PvP community wants is as follows. 1.) A better Rep System. 2.) Better Red Towns with more exciting resources, 3.) Crafting Benches in our Homes and Portable Crafting Benches.

The Solution:

Many players are beginning to complain about being hunted in the graveyards, this is because we the criminals and PvPers in the game decided to hunt them to punish the devs for not giving us a proper way to Pvp. Many of us are criminals with no way of ever turning blue again. So our protest is to kill new players to kill game numbers until the Devs fix it. Sound like a crazy dumb idea? Keep in Mind we already lost 300 players who enjoyed PvP who realized they couldn't do it anymore. Once again it's up to us, the players to make the changes we want happen, without us there is no game. And we are losing lots of players. Join us and together I am sure the devs will fix things as soon as next patch if enough people participate. Otherwise this is just a glorified PVE game with soft PVP elements.

Fix Rep a Mortal Online 2 Miscreant PvP Video - YouTube Brothers our Vengeance is only just beginning. Our Bloodshed will be like a Mighty Tidal Wave that Washes over everyone until our demands are met. Many more videos to come. Another Victory for my most amazing of allies the Miscreants. BeastMasters Video's will come soon, stay tuned.

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
We will have Vengeance for our fallen brothers the 300 who left us. And the Vengeance has begun. Slaughter everyone you see! Kill every Blue you see. Kill them all! I want every Noobs Head on a Spike before next patch!

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
We will have Vengeance for our fallen brothers the 300 who left us. And the Vengeance has begun. Slaughter everyone you see! Kill every Blue you see. Kill them all! I want every Noobs Head on a Spike before next patch!
So normally the criminals and PvP players don’t go after new players? How did you PvP before this like a fight club arena type thing?

• Love
Reactions: Najwalaylah

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
So normally the criminals and PvP players don’t go after new players? How did you PvP before this like a fight club arena type thing?
We would still kill new players but I am less likely to kill someone wearing Bone tissue or Kalladarian Padded Vendor Haven armor then i am to kill someone walking around with Steel or better armor, because I can get that easy. We always been enemies of Koto/OldGuard/Legion any of those guys.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Main thing if you aren't guilded you are going to be hunted by someone somewhere anyway. But most guilds don't take in new players because most noobs don't stick around for longer then a week anyway, so you waste a ton of time giving them armor and weapons and teaching them for them to leave and it ending up being a waste of time.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
We would still kill new players but I am less likely to kill someone wearing Bone tissue or Kalladarian Padded Vendor Haven armor then i am to kill someone walking around with Steel or better armor, because I can get that easy. We always been enemies of Koto/OldGuard/Legion any of those guys.
I guess I’m just a bit confused as to your demands of the game devs then. You want them to make the game easier for the players who prey off the defenseless and if they don’t then your group will prey off the defenseless? I’m all for PvP but shouldn’t there be a price for those that wish to make their money quickly by killing the other players who put in the work harvesting to make said money? Again bandits make the game fun but there should be a challenge in it for you guys too right?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I guess I’m just a bit confused as to your demands of the game devs then. You want them to make the game easier for the players who prey off the defenseless and if they don’t then your group will prey off the defenseless? I’m all for PvP but shouldn’t there be a price for those that wish to make their money quickly by killing the other players who put in the work harvesting to make said money? Again bandits make the game fun but there should be a challenge in it for you guys too right?
You make a good point. But we really didn't Cull new players on sight until housing patch dropped, because that patch ruined Rep. This game is supposed to be a Hardcore Pvp game but if you try Pvp you will see how broken the rep system is. They don't allow you to Pvp because you spend all your time getting Rep. Most players won't even fight unless you fight them first because they are afraid of losing Rep. You could even be 1000 miles away from a Town with no guards in sight and attacking a player and killing them still gets you negative Rep.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
With a Crusher in Kranesh or the creation of a Capital Red City we could play the game in peace. The red cities don't have anything good in them and once you are a criminal you have a real hard time going near any of those blue cities because of floating guards in the sky in meduli or Guards underground near Tindrem Gate.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
You make a good point. But we really didn't Cull new players on sight until housing patch dropped, because that patch ruined Rep. This game is supposed to be a Hardcore Pvp game but if you try Pvp you will see how broken the rep system is. They don't allow you to Pvp because you spend all your time getting Rep. Most players won't even fight unless you fight them first because they are afraid of losing Rep. You could even be 1000 miles away from a Town with no guards in sight and attacking a player and killing them still gets you negative Rep.
Right but that’s the case with any outlaw isn’t it? Isn’t the lack of reputation in lawful establishments is really a boost in bad reputation which I’m assuming you’re after if you’re playing as an outlaw. Even Robin Hood a “good guy” outlaw had to live out in the forest. I just think you’re asking for something that is counter productive to both pvp and pve players.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rallos808

Dec 19, 2021
I used to play Everquest on the RZ pvp server, I was always an "anti-pk" aka "good guy", but I did love the fact that the "bad guys" didn't suffer from some built in game mechanic for being pk's unless they tried to kill someone inside of a town. It was up to the players to police things, not the game mechanics. Even as an anti-pk player I loved pvp, even the stressfull times getting jumped wandering through the forest etc. I never wished that the game itself would punish pk's. I haven't even downloaded this game yet and I don't know if I want to be "good" or "bad", but if I choose to be a "good guy" I don't want the developers to severely punish pk's even if I get ganked, half the fun of old Everquest was rounding up a posse like the old west to go hunt down the guys who attacked you, not relying on the game itself to dish out punishment.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
This game is supposed to be a Hardcore Pvp game

This game is a sandbox mmorpg. The open, full loot pvp adds to the excitement of the sandbox.

I agree with your complaints (mostly), but the broader idea that the game should be designed around making it easier for people to kill people without realistic repercussions sort of defeats the point of the game. If I wanted to just pvp w/o risk or consequence, I’d play bannerlord or mordhau.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Make the wilderness completely lawless, so that if you kill someone out there you don't get a murder count or rep loss but instead a bounty count on your head when and if the victim reports it.

Then SV can roll out their proposed bounty system where the person who got killed can advertise a bounty for anyone to take down the killer and be rewarded with full looting them once without penalty. Upon killing the pk, the bounty count is reduced by one.

To prevent abuse and exploitation of the bounty system by the killer's buddies (taking the job and then helping the pk lose the bounty count) or the killer themselves (wearing and carrying nothing when found and killed by the bounty hunter), make it so that when a player with a bounty count gets killed, they suffer a temporary debuff that reduces all their attributes by 10% for 24 hours. Successive bounty kills would reset that timer if one is already in effect. Each bounty count should expire after one week if the killer remains alive.

The more a pk kills, the more bounty counts they get, theoretically unlimited. But keep murder counts and rep loss the same if the crime were to be committed inside or near the outskirts of a town or city.

The bounty count would not apply to guilds at war or guild mates killing each other. Though SV should really provide an option for guilds to toggle whether or not killing guild mates would count as a crime.

Last edited:

Fbran

Dec 16, 2021
Make the wilderness completely lawless, so that if you kill someone out there you don't get a murder count or rep loss but instead a bounty count on your head when and if the victim reports it.

Then SV can roll out their proposed bounty system where the person who got killed can advertise a bounty for anyone to take down the killer and be rewarded with full looting them once without penalty. Upon killing the pk, the bounty count is reduced by one.

To prevent abuse and exploitation of the bounty system by the killer's buddies (taking the job and then helping the pk lose the bounty count) or the killer themselves (wearing and carrying nothing when found and killed by the bounty hunter), make it so that when a player with a bounty count gets killed, they suffer a debuff that reduces all their attributes by 10% for 24 hours. Successive bounty kills would reset that timer if one is already in effect. Each bounty count should expire after one week if the killer remains alive.

The more a pk kills, the more bounty counts they get, theoretically unlimited. But keep murder counts and rep loss the same if the crime were to be committed inside or near the outskirts of a town or city.

The bounty count would not apply to guilds at war or guild mates killing each other. Though SV should really provide an option for guilds to toggle whether or not killing guild mates would count as a crime.

this system sounds terrible imo.

so, you gank a group of an enemy guild outside the city, kill 3 players and then you have to spend 1 week outside the city or get killed inside of it with full loot 3x?

this would kill pvp even more.

all they need to do is make rep easier to farm. Maybe a way to even buy rep with gold, idk

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
this system sounds terrible imo.

so, you gank a group of an enemy guild outside the city, kill 3 players and then you have to spend 1 week outside the city or get killed inside of it with full loot 3x?

this would kill pvp even more.

all they need to do is make rep easier to farm. Maybe a way to even buy rep with gold, idk
I did mention that the bounty count should not apply to guilds at war.

I would say it is far more preferable than losing rep and gaining murder count every time you kill a blue out in the middle of nowhere.

As I understand it, right now if you gain a certain number of murdercounts you become a red and are completely barred from entering blue towns and you will have to wait out the murdercount decay anyway.

If rep could be bought, rich players or guilds with tens of thousands of gold can simply buy their way out of any punishment for their crimes, which would completely unbalance the entire justice system in their favour.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Imagine NOT being an RPK and still have to do parcels for hours simply because none of your enemies wants to accept a wardec. With a broken wardec system ALL PvP is penalized, not just RPK. And it hits smaller groups especially hard because if you're 10 people against 50 a guy in a smaller group will get into PvP situations 5 times as often and loose rep 5 times as fast compared to a guy from the bigger group.

As for the rep system, i like finegamingconnoisseur idea in a sense that it takes part of the justice system from the hands of mindless lictors into the hands of players. It is a sandbox game, after all.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Right but that’s the case with any outlaw isn’t it? Isn’t the lack of reputation in lawful establishments is really a boost in bad reputation which I’m assuming you’re after if you’re playing as an outlaw. Even Robin Hood a “good guy” outlaw had to live out in the forest. I just think you’re asking for something that is counter productive to both pvp and pve players.
It isn't counter productive. Your argument is about "Realism" my argument is about meaningful PVP gameplay. We aren't trying to force a notion that if we want PvP we have to Suffer for it. We are fighting against that mindset.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Imagine NOT being an RPK and still have to do parcels for hours simply because none of your enemies wants to accept a wardec. With a broken wardec system ALL PvP is penalized, not just RPK. And it hits smaller groups especially hard because if you're 10 people against 50 a guy in a smaller group will get into PvP situations 5 times as often and loose rep 5 times as fast compared to a guy from the bigger group.

As for the rep system, i like finegamingconnoisseur idea in a sense that it takes part of the justice system from the hands of mindless lictors into the hands of players. It is a sandbox game, after all.
If a GUARD doesn't see me and I am outside of Town then why am I getting a Murder Count and losing Rep? How did I lose Rep? If I kill the enemy how did they report it? If there was no Guard how did they see it either? In Fights if the enemy doesn't like you they attack you, but if half of their guys haven't gone grey yet you still get Murder counted by all of them when you kill them. That doesn't make sense either because that system means I basically have to ignore the other players in the fight until they go Grey with no other course of action wtf? I think it should be once you are in the Wilderness the Guards aren't going to help you and rep and murder counts can't happen.

Reactions: Rallos808

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I think it should be once you are in the Wilderness the Guards aren't going to help you and rep and murder counts can't happen.

I don't really like it because this what turned me away from albion - black zones are all deathmatch where no friendly conversation can ever happen, blue and yellow are carebear heavens. It's creates an incredibly boring dynamics.

If a GUARD doesn't see me and I am outside of Town then why am I getting a Murder Count and losing Rep?

Well in real life there could be witnesses, or maybe your pray escaped and told everyone in town that there's a group of bandits operating in the wilderness and they dispatch a squad to hunt you down etc. Again, any kind of realistic system can't be implemented if lictors are in charge of the justice system.

Maybe have a system where killing in the wilderness gives you a separate MC that lictors don't care about but other guilds can force war on you at no cost (i hope forced wardecs are coming anyway, just maybe with some cost involved or limited "war slots" to prevent massive guilds from just wardecing everyone).

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Like I always say if you want to live lawlessly you can live in lawless camps or guild cities. Safe towns are for good players. If you don't want to get banned from safe towns don't kill people. Just because it's a pvp game doesn't mean it should be free from consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.