Join the PvP/Reputation Protest. Help us to succeed and end the bloodshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
All this protest is likely to accomplish, imo, is prove that the reputation system needs to be harsher *still* to discourage exactly what you're doing.

If the choice is between having a few long time MO1, rpk fans leave the game, versus potentially thousands of new players, that's a decision that seems pretty easy to make in about half a second.

The rep system needs plenty of tweaks (which are likely incoming in any case), but I don't envision any possible world where the game reverses course back towards *more* random murdering, pk gameplay.

Sorry boys, this ain't that game anymore.

wateradded

Dec 18, 2021
Try again. 300 people leave when the worst patch of all time happens the Housing Rep patch. The 300 leaving is tied directly to PVP not existing in this game. You can look up on steam the numbers and see no other time have we lost that many people at once.

Well you keep saying that we should look up the steam numbers, so I did. I took 8 days before housing and rep patch on 2nd December and 8 days after the patch, because 8 days was maximum possible for before. Here are the numbers from steam charts:

Pre patchPre patchPost patchPost patch
Peak PCAverage concurrent player countAverage concurrent player countPeak PC
mo2sd.png
You can clearly see that after the patch average concurrent player count increased and peak player count also increased. So if we use your own logic here that people reacted to the reputation patch and showed what they want in game, then according to the numbers which you can look up on steam charts, people loved the housing and rep patch and started playing more. Even if you take whole duration after the patch until now, concurrent and peak player count will be higher than before patch.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
If the choice is between having a few long time MO1, rpk fans leave the game, versus potentially thousands of new players, that's a decision that seems pretty easy to make in about half a second.
This logic is flawed. MO2 is good but still doesn't have the same appeal for PvE players as mainstream titles. Most games falling into the let's-make-it-safer-so-more-people-play-it had short-term influx of players but then die out and hardcore PvP players no longer trust the devs enough to come back even if they revert the changes, or simply moved on to something else long ago.

Herius

Administrator
May 28, 2020
With a Crusher in Kranesh or the creation of a Capital Red City we could play the game in peace.
Just give us a Working REP SYSTEM and Upgrade Red Cities with a Crusher and other essential
Do you have any idea what it's like when you can't even access your bank or craft weapons because Kran has no Crusher.
Why do you keep saying that Kranesh don't have a crusher?
Kranesh have had a crusher for a very long time.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I agree, tying pvp mechanics to npc farming in any way is a bad idea. It in no way encourages anything positive. The standing system is bad with either risars or parcel running.
While I agree it is funny because for years players were asking for this to burn MCs faster

Falcar

Dec 18, 2021
Norway
Well you keep saying that we should look up the steam numbers, so I did. I took 8 days before housing and rep patch on 2nd December and 8 days after the patch, because 8 days was maximum possible for before. Here are the numbers from steam charts:

Pre patchPre patchPost patchPost patch
Peak PCAverage concurrent player countAverage concurrent player countPeak PC
You can clearly see that after the patch average concurrent player count increased and peak player count also increased. So if we use your own logic here that people reacted to the reputation patch and showed what they want in game, then according to the numbers which you can look up on steam charts, people loved the housing and rep patch and started playing more. Even if you take whole duration after the patch until now, concurrent and peak player count will be higher than before patch.

THANK YOU! Wow, it took this long for a voice of reason and objectivity to enter the thread 😆

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Whether I am correct or not really doesn't matter. Like I said i'm a new player and I didn't really realize how the game was until I tried it. It wasn't as bad as you would think from a cursory googling. My point is, over 40K players signed up for this beta and if you take a look at steam charts about 500 concurrent play. Hardcore PvP only games is a very small niche of the gaming community and very few PvP MMOS get a decent player base because of it without also including a lot of non PvP orientated content to appeal to a much larger player base. I assume this reputation system is taking a little from column A the PvPers and giving to column B the PvE crowd to develope a more diverse and wider player base. I don't think thats a huge sacrifice for the PvP community.
Steam charts only show the non private accounts. Most accounts are defaulted to private because of newish EU laws.

So the 1000+ people playing are only a faction of who is playing at that time. Along with that number being concurrent and not total player.

Games not even hardcore. It was very carebear before hand.

Theres plenty of PvE MMOs people can go play. A lot of us are only here because PvP is allowed in this game. Taking away from the PvP players means you will lose them. They will be disgruntled and quit.

Some people just want a game worth playing, please dont take that away.

Reactions: Tashka

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If they people to not kill noobs they wouldnt make them so profitable to kill.

Just sat outside fab for like a couple of hours. Usually we wouldn't touch noobs but since we are already detested why not.

Normally you kill a couple of noobs and then actually players come out to PvP you but that didnt happen for hours. Just hours of joking around and hiding in bushes for people to pass. Then we found out you could farm guards for gold.

In the pass people would be hesitant to kill guards because of rep but since rep doesnt matter anymore do to the work of getting it back being so much time you just stop caring once you have no rep anymore.

So end of the day literally just sitting in GZ killing guards while crushing calx I got from a dudes horse I killed while ignoring guards. Over weight because I smoothbrained and picked up two stacks still sat there and crushed it.

You make so much off of farming guardzone and everyone who is serious is pretty much required to have two accounts to properly play the game so having a blue alt is common.

Im fine if they leave it like this but oh boy did SV make a huge mistake with the perma detested change.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
If they people to not kill noobs they wouldnt make them so profitable to kill.

Just sat outside fab for like a couple of hours. Usually we wouldn't touch noobs but since we are already detested why not.

Normally you kill a couple of noobs and then actually players come out to PvP you but that didnt happen for hours. Just hours of joking around and hiding in bushes for people to pass. Then we found out you could farm guards for gold.

In the pass people would be hesitant to kill guards because of rep but since rep doesnt matter anymore do to the work of getting it back being so much time you just stop caring once you have no rep anymore.

So end of the day literally just sitting in GZ killing guards while crushing calx I got from a dudes horse I killed while ignoring guards. Over weight because I smoothbrained and picked up two stacks still sat there and crushed it.

You make so much off of farming guardzone and everyone who is serious is pretty much required to have two accounts to properly play the game so having a blue alt is common.

Im fine if they leave it like this but oh boy did SV make a huge mistake with the perma detested change.
The Enjoyment of killing the noobs is the profit hue hue hue. Your strategy of killing noobs and then the other players come fight you always works for me in Meduli. If you kill guards now a Lictor Guard teleports on top of it that's why it's so hard to do anything now.

When you say you are detested do you mean the cities detest you or you mean the players as well? Wanna go on a killing Spree together some time?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
When was Mortal Ever a PVE carebare game. Wtf is happening, Who cares about Lore or any of that other shit.
Mortal Online games have always had PvE content.
Almost despite themselves, Mortal Online games have always had Lore.
Mortal Online 2 will continue to have these things, as well.

It's not a zero-sum game where either of these things & others must contend for room in the finished product, assuming it is ever finished.
You're free not to care about them at all.
It's also completely irrelevant for you to mention them in the context of wanting better PvP.
If Lore and PvE disappeared tomorrow (as they will NOT) the problems with Reputation would remain.

Insofar as this thread, feebly, has a topic, that is it. That's the topic.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Why do you keep saying that Kranesh don't have a crusher?
Kranesh have had a crusher for a very long time.
Because it didn't used to have a Crusher and I was slightoly... Slightly Drunk. Perhaps more drunk then i remember but i am none the less sober now Son. But the rest of my ramble makes perfect sense. Someday you'll see. Ypu'll all See. And you will remember.

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
Why? Why should playing a PvP game incur consequences and force us not to be able to play the game at all? Do you have any idea what it's like when you can't even access your bank or craft weapons because Kran has no Crusher and the list of BS just goes on and on. If I wanted to Play MINECRAFT and Build a Cute little town and Smile at 12 year old kids i would. But I thought this was a PvP game i thought they were advertising it as a HardCore FULL LOOT PVP Game. I Didn't know the Game Came with 5 Kills and then you gotta Re-Roll cuz of a Shit Rep System. IF they say this isn't a PVP game anymore I will concede and forget all about this. But as Long as this say this is a HARDCORE PVP FULL LOOT GAME they are going to have to sit at the Table with the Pvp Players and talk to us and fix this shit.

MO has always been about consequences. Also, if you need to re-roll once you are negative rep because you are not HARDCORE enough to live the red life in Kran/GK, it might just be you being the carebear after all.

Reactions: The Khan

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
MO has always been about consequences. Also, if you need to re-roll once you are negative rep because you are not HARDCORE enough to live the red life in Kran/GK, it might just be you being the carebear after all.
I literally Live In Kran now, so that's rather presumptuous of you. But a lot of my criminal brethren are sick of it. Because if you want to not be negative rep you gotta turn in literally like 10 parcels every time. It's practically faster to re-roll which is why people do it.

Reactions: User_name

Shadwell

Dec 21, 2021
What your 'protest' will achieve is driving many potential players from the game and more noob protection elements or stricter penalties. if you can't see this it's not your fault. some of us saw the same things happen in the last 20 years of gaming and the same results. you're only killing your own fun is my prediction.

Reactions: The Khan

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021

I've lived in both, and both are dog shit places to live where the FPS is terrible, the terrain bugs are plentiful, and the crashes are frequent.

Hard pass on the hard ass act though.

I think I've just decided I'll just mislead people and grief them in-game in ways that don't adhere to the rep system. When they add furnishings to housing I'll just resume being this unpunished killer people keep thinking I am. The system sucks, I've spoken on how I think it can be changed and or fixed for the better; and until it is changed or fixed (or if it isn't) then I will resume doing exactly what I said I'd do.

All this protest is likely to accomplish, imo, is prove that the reputation system needs to be harsher *still* to discourage exactly what you're doing.

The rep system needs plenty of tweaks (which are likely incoming in any case), but I don't envision any possible world where the game reverses course back towards *more* random murdering, pk gameplay.

Sorry boys, this ain't that game anymore.

You'll find out the old heads always come out on top no matter what. But yeah sure, we'll see.

Reactions: SilentPony

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The Enjoyment of killing the noobs is the profit hue hue hue. Your strategy of killing noobs and then the other players come fight you always works for me in Meduli. If you kill guards now a Lictor Guard teleports on top of it that's why it's so hard to do anything now.

When you say you are detested do you mean the cities detest you or you mean the players as well? Wanna go on a killing Spree together some time?
In meduli NA times no one comes to the GY. Usually itss just old guard and random koto they sit in GZ to watch but never push. Last time im meduli killed like 6 desert horses and got 3 sets of steel horse armor for the few Old guard that poke outside of town to harass us at the GY. Normally we dont kill the noobs but no reason not too anymore.

But in just a hour you get so much loot from people.

• Love
Reactions: PoisonArrows

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
I've lived in both, and both are dog shit places to live where the FPS is terrible, the terrain bugs are plentiful, and the crashes are frequent.

Which is an entirely different issue and has nothing to do with the rep system. As I already mentioned in some thread, in my opinion the rep system isn't the root of the problems but the lack of tools to actually live outside of (guarded) towns is.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Which is an entirely different issue and has nothing to do with the rep system. As I already mentioned in some thread, in my opinion the rep system isn't the root of the problems but the lack of tools to actually live outside of (guarded) towns is.
But its not a separate issue because the content to live outside of towns does not exist. Its like saying when they removed the ability of horses to carry stuff was not a issue because they would eventually allow you to carry stuff on horses again.

Kran has the absolutely worse FPS in the game. Known for months nothing is going to change this in the near or far future with the priorities SV has.

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
Kran has the absolutely worse FPS in the game. Known for months nothing is going to change this in the near or far future with the priorities SV has.

I still think lobbying to fix the underlying issues instead of lobbying for a band-aid covering them up makes more sense. Thus, I once again beg the mighty devs to introduce player placed workbenches and extraction devices as well as making the red towns more worthwhile to live in.

Reactions: SilentPony
Status
Not open for further replies.