Fish encyclopedia

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
1650748396946.png
1650748463596.png

it looks like this one beats the record on the forums, digging thought my spreadsheet i have one of 10499g but sadly i didnt SS that one so this one is the next best one I've ever had

Last edited:

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022

Thoughts? IMO there is so many better ways to make money unless you have invested hundreds of hours of research or someone else has handed out you the info, and then many of us still just fish to chill while we wait our friends to log in or something, not because the inherent value of the rewards, idk why but nobody is making potions or in need of calxfish, cooking can get bypassed with 1 ingredient recipes and the scales you get from fishes are only used on ranger armor because rugged garments are so lackluster, the difference between guard fur and ganoid with bloodsilk is like 4-5 points tops, i was so disappointed when i found i could not use pansar scales on rugged garments... yes maybe in the future is going to be a money making machine with dyes and treasures but as of right now i only fish if i have nothing else to do because my friends are not online.

Last edited:

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me

Thoughts? IMO there is so many better ways to make money unless you have invested hundreds of hours of research or someone else has handed out you the info, and then many of us still just fish to chill while we wait our friends to log in or something, not because the inherent value of the rewards, idk why but nobody is making potions or in need of calxfish, cooking can get bypassed with 1 ingredient recipes and the scales you get from fishes are only used on ranger armor because rugged garments are so lackluster, the difference between guard fur and ganoid with bloodsilk is like 4-5 points tops, i was so disappointed when i found i could not use pansar scales on rugged garments... yes maybe in the future is going to be a money making machine with dyes and treasures but as of right now i only fish if i have nothing else to do because my friends are not online.

Agree with you 100%
so in order as Henrik was mentioning them:

Gold - Just :). There is more efficient ways in game to make more gold with less time consuming. But yes, you can make gold with fishing. Then again, you can make gold what ever you do in game.

Scales - I did research about fish scales. Best scales for armors are Plate scales, Horned scales, Keeled scales, Ganoid scales (fish), Placoid scales (fish), Leptoid scales (fish). In that order. Still experimenting with Pansar scales (they should be better). So atm fish scales are useless regarding good armor.

Food, Alchemy - Like JohnOldman says, nobody actually using raw fish or fish meat or black roe for cooking or alchemy. No use in food and alchemy.

Dye, Colors, Treasures... - not in game. It's like having argument on "why should I play this game?" - well, we will make new continent in 2 years from now. Maybe.

Reactions: Longstrider

jkubej

Apr 22, 2022
can i catch Kelp Dragon on 100 hook size (jungle hook) or only on standart hook (fo medium and large fish) ?

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Agree with you 100%
so in order as Henrik was mentioning them:

Gold - Just :). There is more efficient ways in game to make more gold with less time consuming. But yes, you can make gold with fishing. Then again, you can make gold what ever you do in game.

Scales - I did research about fish scales. Best scales for armors are Plate scales, Horned scales, Keeled scales, Ganoid scales (fish), Placoid scales (fish), Leptoid scales (fish). In that order. Still experimenting with Pansar scales (they should be better). So atm fish scales are useless regarding good armor.

Food, Alchemy - Like JohnOldman says, nobody actually using raw fish or fish meat or black roe for cooking or alchemy. No use in food and alchemy.

Dye, Colors, Treasures... - not in game. It's like having argument on "why should I play this game?" - well, we will make new continent in 2 years from now. Maybe.
Angelo calxfish Is good for DH potions, probably other fishes for cooking too .

Longstrider

Apr 15, 2022

I feel like he is talking about his "idea" of fishing, or what fishing was like in MO1, because pretty much everything he brings up is either not true in MO2 or isn't implemented in MO2...

The truth is that there are better alternatives to almost every use case he mentions for fishing, and all of them require less skill, knowledge, risk, and time investment than fishing. The only reason i fish is because i think it's fun, but it's currently not well integrated into the rest of the gameplay loop, despite what Henrik claims.

jkubej

Apr 22, 2022
But any info from i can have Ganoid scales ? no one in chat dont help with this :(
ty fo answer, if someone know it