Final thoughts on Mage before the Testing phase is over and it all counts

shill

Mar 24, 2021
I still hit for 92 fulminated on my fat mage. This costs me virtually nothing to do damage like this.
Ok, ocassionally that high can happen on wheelchair mage (it is from-to not really fixed value), 2h hammer will smack you for more than 92, if you (or horsie) are still alive not looking like a hedgehog from all those arrows.

On top of that cost nothing to level up mage to 100 on all viable skills could be a slight understatement on release, it will require decent amount of money+time since spurt will not bring you to 100s on all those crucial skills. Not to mention time invested a bit more than FF.

Smacking dummies with melee weapon is cheaper than diing the same with magic, not complaining its just fact.

Cast regs indeed cost nothing - luckilly devs havent made them as expensive as cronite sword :)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ok, ocassionally that high can happen on wheelchair mage (it is from-to not really fixed value), 2h hammer will smack you for more than 92, if you (or horsie) are still alive not looking like a hedgehog from all those arrows.

On top of that cost nothing to level up mage to 100 on all viable skills could be a slight understatement on release, it will require decent amount of money+time since spurt will not bring you to 100s on all those crucial skills. Not to mention time invested a bit more than FF.

Smacking dummies with melee weapon is cheaper than diing the same with magic, not complaining its just fact.

Cast regs indeed cost nothing - luckilly devs havent made them as expensive as cronite sword :)
I can hold RMB and negate all of the hammers damage. Hammers only really work in group fights too because they are slow and dont have good feints.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
adddd morrreeee dmggggg toooo everrrryttthing eeexxxceeepppt magggeee. the world willll channnngeeee. (almost rhyme)

shill

Mar 24, 2021
I can hold RMB and negate all of the hammers damage. Hammers only really work in group fights too because they are slow and dont have good feints.
Hammers go through the parry, some of damage will always land, thats about negating all the damage super skill of yours mate...

• Haha
Reactions: AssassinOTL

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hammers go through the parry, some of damage will always land, thats about negating all the damage super skill of yours mate...

run into them and parry haha. Might get some chip dmg but it's not gonna be above 5.

Edit: well lemme put it this way... parry negation is garbage, but even if it was more realistic, you're talking about mounted v ground? Tzone is talking about... ground? Fatmage on ground or regmage? Confused... but in normal v mage circumstance, if you have the hammer pulled, you're gonna prol stam out before you get to the mage, and if you are target switching onto the mage who is casting, they have plenty of time to get into your swing arc and make that hit pretty weak or parry, or both to REALLY negate the dmg. You'd basically have to come up on them blind and pound them to get that kind of a hit. It would be satisfying, but I dunno who is gonna let you do that.

Last edited:

shill

Mar 24, 2021
run into them and parry haha. Might get some chip dmg but it's not gonna be above 5.

Edit: well lemme put it this way... parry negation is garbage, but even if it was more realistic, you're talking about mounted v ground? Tzone is talking about... ground? Fatmage on ground or regmage? Confused... but in normal v mage circumstance, if you have the hammer pulled, you're gonna prol stam out before you get to the mage, and if you are target switching onto the mage who is casting, they have plenty of time to get into your swing arc and make that hit pretty weak or parry, or both to REALLY negate the dmg. You'd basically have to come up on them blind and pound them to get that kind of a hit. It would be satisfying, but I dunno who is gonna let you do that.

Most of fights are on the ground anyway for myself (on horse you are even bigger target for ranged than thursar). You are right you can close the gap to 2h the problem is normally they will not let you do it.

Need to do a little bit more testing, possibly complete lack of blocking skill makes me receive hits even when parried against 2h hammers (thats what I saw).

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
adddd morrreeee dmggggg toooo everrrryttthing eeexxxceeepppt magggeee. the world willll channnngeeee. (almost rhyme)

No, please no. Then healing, bandages, horses will become redundant as they cannot keep up with the DPS.

I agree with your post, but thi issue has been debated to death. Yes Hammer does 90 damage, but has to get through armour and parries. But Fulm must stand still to cast and can be interrupted and Hammer can wear heavy armour. Yes, but Hammer needs to stam regulate because it isnt ranged attack. Yes but mage can OOM. Etc etc

Frankly, people are so obessed with convincing others that mages are not being nerfed, that they call their characters "MagesAreBalanced".

• Haha

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No, please no. Then healing, bandages, horses will become redundant as they cannot keep up with the DPS.

IMO healing should not be able to keep up with DPS, you should have to make tough choices in a hard push, or maybe be able to pull off some crazy multi heals but then have to regen, mage in games esp healer is SO FREAKING HARD because you gotta let people die basically or if people make the wrong move (overextend), you can't save them, I dunno if that's the case in MO2. But that's just my PoV.

I can understand why you'd want it at least equal, but atm I think healing is ++ and you don't want that, either. That's just derpyland and why you have mages throwing out dmg spells.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
IMO healing should not be able to keep up with DPS, you should have to make tough choices in a hard push, or maybe be able to pull off some crazy multi heals but then have to regen, mage in games esp healer is SO FREAKING HARD because you gotta let people die basically or if people make the wrong move (overextend), you can't save them, I dunno if that's the case in MO2. But that's just my PoV.

I can understand why you'd want it at least equal, but atm I think healing is ++ and you don't want that, either. That's just derpyland and why you have mages throwing out dmg spells.

True, I dont want the game to be at a point where no ones dies until the healers OOM, but also there should be enough time for the mage to actually get to the guy that needs healing before he dies.

But horses are already squishy, they then need more HP/defence.

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
Blunt damage bypass parry. Goes for both Axes, hammers and sword. Stop sharing fake news. It can be lowered further by good armor, and defensive stance. However big part still bypass it.

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Blunt damage bypass parry. Goes for both Axes, hammers and sword. Stop sharing fake news. It can be lowered further by good armor, and defensive stance. However big part still bypass it.
Speaking of fake news if you call 1 to 2 chip damage bypassing parries thats wildly misleading bud.

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
Speaking of fake news if you call 1 to 2 chip damage bypassing parries thats wildly misleading bud.
Using small hammer then yes. Risar messing can land a parry hit by 20 for mage armor through parry, More or less depepnding on what kind of armor you use

Reactions: billbonty

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Using small hammer then yes. Risar messing can land a parry hit by 20 for mage armor through parry, More or less depepnding on what kind of armor you use
Has nothing to do with what your doing, everything to do with target players blocking skill. 100 blocking you arent hitting for 20's through parry ever.

Reactions: Raknor

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Show me a mage with 100 blocking.
Risar hammer Molarium/Horned scales/ Steel head. Hits on Shield with 20 blunt resistance.
View attachment 3196

Without shield, just dagger.

View attachment 3197

I think this ends our discussion?

Defensive Stance?

Naked?

Just wondering because I've hit guilded naked mages with blocking + defensive stance for 6 to 11's with a messing axe (Which I know has lower blunt damage), but these numbers are basically double that.

Also just to clarify. Blocking alone will not negate chip through, also the attacker has to fully charge his swing (As in, the ring flashes white in the middle) to do chip through.

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
Defensive Stance?

Naked?

Just wondering because I've hit guilded naked mages with blocking + defensive stance for 6 to 11's with a messing axe (Which I know has lower blunt damage), but these numbers are basically double that.

Also just to clarify. Blocking alone will not negate chip through, also the attacker has to fully charge his swing (As in, the ring flashes white in the middle) to do chip through.
No Defensive stance, no blocking. Armor is the Ranger with guard fur.
1642354406032.png

Always check damage on full charge (either circle or after parry). And Risar hammers are op, messing can do more damage through parry. Tindremic messing I think maybe 50 dmg

shill

Mar 24, 2021
92 dmg on mobs, no dmg when parried axes and hammers, farming risars with basic spells when they are bugged with environment.

Lots of cool stories in this thread, quite entertaining without doubt.