Extraction Poll

How can we improve Extraction.

• Minigame #3 Random AI spawns, kill AI = reduce timer. (bandits and wildlife based on location)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
People want to afk for 10 mins because the system is bad. And walking to town to afk still just shows that its a bad system. Good gameplay doesnt involve AFK'ing for 10 mins.

The first town I was thinking of was Meduli which the extractors are at guards, but many blue towns have extraction at the guardzone. GK doesnt but you arent extracting in GK if you arent the guild that owns GK, so I'd say thats even more safe than a town. Especially with the over sized map, one isnt just going to casually roam to GK to get zerged.

If something is designed to be a time consuming pain in the ass its probobly designed poorly.

Low end metals are the default for weapons, animal materials don't come close to even flake/jade/cuprum. If getting ironbone armor takes 0 effort, getting a flake sword shouldn't take 10 mins of sitting afk at a extractor.

I'm not saying they should make it so ogh is ez and fast to make, I'm saying it shouldn't be balanced around having shit extraction timers to limit gains, when you have 1 character and cant do anything while waiting. when you go kill mobs you are out farming, going to or from your mob. You might attack someone or get jumped. You want to farm more, you do trips back and forth. You can speed this up by killing faster, better mount, etc. Extraction just sucks, you do nothing, you just sit there waiting because the timer said so. This is bad game design.
I like some of your logic here, but you also didn't listen or read the majority of my main post. There is no one and nothing forcing you to be AFK at all.

ZVNII

Jun 17, 2021
I want a mini game that only reduces the extraction timer, so it's optional to AFK or be active and save time. If you increase yields it becomes more mandatory if you want to be effecient. This way you can still extract while playing on another account. However one account players should be able to extract significantly faster so that extraction does not feel like chore. No queue. Too much reward for playing the game AFK. If you just make timers lower resource would just lose in value... there has to be a trade off.

DwarfLord

Jun 15, 2021
Thank you again everyone for sharing all of your opinions based on your experiences in the game. I see a lot of creative solutions and healthy debate amongst the thread. Ultimately no single one of us are going to make any drastic changes but as a collective the information we provide is helpful to the development team even if this poll just end up showing them that it is low priority for the players. So thank you again for taking the second to inject some helpful input and I look forward to playing with you all through development and into the live version. Let's RAGEEEE!

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I think timers are important mainly because they give city criminals a window in which to plan and execute their armed robberies.

Reactions: Nefnate

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
  • Lowered extraction timers on all appliances.

Good job boys. Mission accomplished.

D

Deleted member 44

Tier 1 has been lowered to 120 seconds as of 0.1.3.9. A positive step forward but ultimately too little.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Tier 1 has been lowered to 120 seconds as of 0.1.3.9. A positive step forward but ultimately too little.
I think it is good. I hope they will add a que, and that we can test it thoroughly enough to see how much balance is affected by this shorter timer.
I thought it was a negative step in MO1 when steel became so inexpensive and ubiquitous.

D

Deleted member 44

I think it is good. I hope they will add a que, and that we can test it thoroughly enough to see how much balance is affected by this shorter timer.
I thought it was a negative step in MO1 when steel became so inexpensive and ubiquitous.
Steel became that way due to auto miners. Rate of extraction does not increase the amount of materials in the world.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Steel became that way due to auto miners. Rate of extraction does not increase the amount of materials in the world.
This. If they are worried about having too much material they should limit nodes, and node respawn time. Right now theres infinite material just inside towns. They could make rocks inside town have worse amounts and speed, like in MO1. Also they can make the nodes bigger radiuses so you need to walk farther then 2 feet to hit another node. Then faster extraction will benefit people who dont no life mine by only hitting whats local, but the people who want to just blast metal will need to venture farther and spend more time trnasporting.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I know why.
I disagree, rate of extraction does increase the amount of materials in the world, I just don't know by how much.
I already mined more than I usually do because of it.

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Minigame with chance to reduce timer, higher yield but also chance to lose some of the yield if you do something wrong. Also if you want to AFK extracting you get automatically less yield. And to be able to put more then 1 stack in extracting if you are going AFK.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Minigame with chance to reduce timer, higher yield but also chance to lose some of the yield if you do something wrong. Also if you want to AFK extracting you get automatically less yield. And to be able to put more then 1 stack in extracting if you are going AFK.
Fuck no. Some of us like extracting for the AFK. If you want a minigame, you decrease the time, but not get more resources.

Reactions: Rorry