Door Interaction Timer (POLL)

Is the Door Interaction timer too long?

• Total voters

Vaith

May 28, 2020
Ok so far 80% wants it shorter. But does SV even read these forums?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Voted to shorten/change it.

I can run in and log out in the time it takes to open and close the door if such a situation arises.

So it is basically better to just leave the door open all the time. Which surly can not be how it is intended.

The chest taking so long is even more annoying.

And the sign taking that long makes no sense at all.

I would rather see some precise actions needed to be done or the timer being reset if you are hit or something.

Using extended time here is just an unnecessary nuisance.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
5 seconds is beginning to grow on me. I need a lot of plate scales and still don't have a house in the jungle. However there are plenty of houses with a butchery at the shore that are just always left open due to the annoying timer, so i don't need one!

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
People should not be allowed to instantly close doors. It is silly.

This was put in as a bandaid until another mechanic can replace it or sieging is implemented. Having a 100% safezone is hugely counter productive to the game.
AC ID maybe Stuttner got the leftovers that no one went for.

Koto got theres day 5 which is reasonable time with there people.

You got a couple of groups that got day 2 keeps

You that MO2 launch was going to have issues. Every game launch happens and people start abusing everything they can to get ahead. IDK why you would not lock down keeps untill you determined allthe possible abuses that could occur in the first week.

We asked for Keeps to be delayed until the servers were fixed. There were serious issues on release and having the ability to place keeps during this period was silly. There was a point where I did not believe we would get one at all, considering how quickly many guilds were gaining the gold.

For a week we had our entire guild, which is sizable, killing every mob within our reach of Meduli and bringing it back to dedicated butchers in town. We had bandit groups out, Sator groups out and a fishing team. We still were no where near the first to place the Keep.

Anuxa

Mar 11, 2022
Keep the doors where they are, I do not want to see it go back to people attacking and running to hide in a house, close the door fast and think they are good at pvp

Sanfaidjin

May 18, 2022
Houses/Strongholds are OP save zone and house owners dont have any risk to lose anything even if somone will get inside peopels abuse them as hard as possible this is a huge problem that benefit grifers and gankers they place Stronghold/House near heavy trafic area and kill everything that come close and jump back to house when its to dangerous
I think beter to leave it to five seconds and find a beter option and create punish system for house owners
There was a good ideas about adding HP to doors and opening them from inside if mix them together we have prety decent solution from peopels who love to use house for pvp

Reactions: Calcal and Kuthara

Vaith

May 28, 2020
It was funny AF when this trash change was added because KOTO zerglings kept getting farmed at meduli while outnumbering someone 10:1. "Added to prevent silly house fighting". Lmao, what the fuck is silly about it? One of the only ways to counteract massive zergs of literal bottom of the barrel shit players zerging it up with 100+ ppl gets removed because you know, more zerg friendly and anti-smallscale mechanics is something this game FOR SURE needed.

People should not be allowed to instantly close doors. It is silly.

Yeah this change was made because Kutharas zerg is 65% of the games population and he wanted this change for himself.(Benefits zergs only)

This poll was 80% in favor of shorter door timers until i brought this poll up on Discord(20 min before this post) and Kuthara saw it, the organic polling sample of random forumers has been disrupted by Kuthara ordering his zerglings to vote for 5 sec timer(that he suggested to SV)

daba3b746310973628840735b16cd7aa.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Goltarion

Cplpizza

Sep 5, 2021
In beta, griefer were crying about the miners in town because they were farming in a safe zone, Sv fixed it by reducing node yield in town, now they're crying because they cant close their own safe zone's house door fast enough.

Reactions: Erseyr

Atr3au

Sep 22, 2020
You open it to open it and since its client side anyway, why the wait? This change and the change to the crosshair movement was dumb af.

Erseyr

May 18, 2022
Reset the timer to 1sec, give doors HP so we can destroy them without destroying the house and you'll get no more house PvP bullshit

And what prevents you from logging out in 10 seconds before the door gets crushed? There are lots of issues involving houses, give us siege weapons! :)

Vaith

May 28, 2020
And what prevents you from logging out in 10 seconds before the door gets crushed? There are lots of issues involving houses, give us siege weapons! :)
Maybe the zerg shouldnt always win, ever thought about that?

Apr 11, 2021
Man alot of people really need safe spaces. No where on the map should there be a 100% safe zone. Even in towns if you really wanted to you could kill someone, but the ones who talk the most shit need this safe space so bad.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Yeah this change was made because Kutharas zerg is 65% of the games population and he wanted this change for himself.(Benefits zergs only)

This poll was 80% in favor of shorter door timers until i brought this poll up on Discord(20 min before this post) and Kuthara saw it, the organic polling sample of random forumers has been disrupted by Kuthara ordering his zerglings to vote for 5 sec timer(that he suggested to SV)

daba3b746310973628840735b16cd7aa.png

'Organic'. You made a poll on a forum that basically no one uses, then complain when people vote on it in a way that does not suit your diatribe.

Do you really think the 40-50 people who replied actually portray the feelings of the entire server? Looking at who picked yes, it is mostly GY griefers and people who sit on the Guardzone trying to gank new players before running back to their safe zone.

My suggests were -

A channel to close the door that can be interrupted
Keys back
Demolishable doors (With cost implication)
Increased close time
Inability to interact with the door after taking damage for x amount of time
Open door from inside

Vaith

May 28, 2020
'Organic'. You made a poll on a forum that basically no one uses, then complain when people vote on it in a way that does not suit your diatribe.

Do you really think the 40-50 people who replied actually portray the feelings of the entire server? Looking at who picked yes, it is mostly GY griefers and people who sit on the Guardzone trying to gank new players before running back to their safe zone.

My suggests were -

A channel to close the door that can be interrupted
Keys back
Demolishable doors (With cost implication)
Increased close time
Inability to interact with the door after taking damage for x amount of time
Open door from inside

80% organic forum users voted for shorter Door interactions, Mostly griefers? Like 'Amadman'? You are just trying to discredit the poll and now ruin it by ordering your guildmembers to bomb the poll because this was your personal suggestion, and i can see by your other 'suggestions' that your members are also posting as their own ideas like demolishable doors, they are just regurgitating YOUR ideas.

So yes i do think the 80% of organic forum users voting for one thing is valuable. you seem to think these underlings of yours literally just spamming your personal ideas is more valuable - but they are shit ideas for the game that only gives the big Zerg more power (Like if they need more power in this game)

Last edited:

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
80% organic forum users voted for shorter Door interactions, Mostly griefers? Like 'Amadman'? You are just trying to discredit the poll and now ruin it by ordering your guildmembers to bomb the poll because this was your personal suggestion, and i can see by your other 'suggestions' that your members are also posting as their own ideas like demolishable doors, they are just regurgitating YOUR ideas.

So yes i do think the 80% of organic forum users voting for one thing is valuable. you seem to think these underlings of yours literally just spamming your personal ideas is more valuable - but they are shit ideas for the game that only gives the big Zerg more power (Like if they need more power in this game)

You are just not happy because people have a different view to you. Grow up.

It was 80% before more people voted... That is quite possibly the stupidest argument I have ever heard.

Reactions: Hodo