Door Interaction Timer (POLL)

Is the Door Interaction timer too long?

• Total voters

Tankyou

Feb 5, 2022
Soon someone will come here to say that this change did not mess with their gameplay, so it doesnt make difference, "whatever, leave it that way"...

Just like many people said that guards placed in the wilderness around meduli and inside medulis graveyard does not change their gameplay in any way...

NO !!

We have to fight for bad patches and crappy changes....

This long time for door and chest was a horrible move from the devs... we muat complain about it... it sucks.
They need to undo it.

Same apllies to guards outside town limits...
They need to undo !!!

Screw bad patches and changes
So how much gold did you spend for a ratter shit house right outside of some town that you spent your entire playtime at, griefing newbies dumb enough to chase you inside? Please tell me you're responsible for that 12k black team stronghold in meduli :) Every time I pass one of your shitter houses that farmed newbies by exploiting door timers, I laugh myself silly. Best addition to the landscape I've seen.

Edit: Thank you for sacrificing so much gold so the rest of us can enjoy leaving/returning to the city just that little bit more. You did us all a solid bro. It was nice to be able to ..... close the door?... on that chapter of the game <3

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Man, I voted YES to reduce the open/close door timer, BUT...
We should stop discussing this before the smart Devs actually read this post and decide to ADD GUARDS patrolling around all player houses, just like they did to Meduli´s Graveyard and all around town, in the wilderness.

To our great Devs, the best solution is always to implement a safe zone somehow !
The last patch was simply terrible.... they added guards in the wilderness, far away from town !

Cant wait to see next one... What comes now ? Lictor guards patrolling player house doors ?

Oh, wait... There has been a lot of player killing at Tindrem sewers lately... Why not adding guards there ? Lets help new players to explore the sewers...How about that ?

New players also want to visit Kranesh. I think we should add guards there as well
HEY DEVS!! WE NEED MORE GUARDS... Please save us
Sounds like some trash is still angry they can’t “pvp” new players in a graveyard

biocageo

Jan 20, 2022
Idk what kind of problems you have with griefers near towns. My assets are not close to Town.
Honestly I don't have any particular problems with griefers since every part involved on this "content" have the same opportunity to success.
Do you want to annoy/grief people and then swimming away? That's fair, cause everyone has the same chance (since you're available to spend 100 primary points).
Do you want an instant/impenetrable/indestructible (due to missing features) prison? I don't call it fair or balanced.
That's not grief, you just don't give choice, you simply want to win with near 0 risk.

My problem is doing content near my house
Content for you and only for you.
You simply don't want that other people partecipate on this "Content", you just want that other players must be your victims.

my house offers 0 protection because its either 5 sec to open the door or close the door,
That's simply not true, your house/sh provide 101% protection cause it's basically fort knox with unlootable chest and impassable walls.
I'm curious to understand what will be your point of view when TC comes out.

So what you are asking as a Zerg is a 100% of success, you want it to be impossible to seek safety in someones home, Hell you even want to be able to break down someones door - Why? Because you want them to have no escape because YOU want 100% success.
Attention: I'm not telling that the actual situation is the best (by far) and I didn't provide any different solution cause I understand you pov.
That's not simply to balance cause it will be always a temporary patch for a missing/upcoming feature(TC).

If a griefer is close to your town and escaping to his house and you (KOTO) with all your numbers cant figure out to block his door when he leaves the house well then thats a l2p issue im afraid. And this kind of foresight goes to normal pvp as well - you shouldnt ask for a such a wheelchair mechanic when you can get around this by having over 80 iq
Personally I'm open to discuss about a Fair and Balanced mechanic, something that leaves opportunity to anyone.

Last but not least we've to consider Devs vision and intention; not a secondary aspect.

Gasten

Mar 14, 2022
Reading through this post I see a bunch of griefers crying that they have to face the consequences of their own actions. This feels like a recruitment post for Koto. Did Kuth put you up to putting this poll out so you could post your L's? Or did you just decide to make this poll look awful all on your own too. Yea we all hate the 5 sec timer but we are waiting for sieging to come out.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
The guards are in Meduli to protect the koto large scale pvp guild, no protection for small groups in the wilderness tho, their doors should be breakable
unknown.png

Odd. In MO1 we used to remove the Guards in Meduli with TC. They stopped us doing it because your guild and others cried about it, hard.

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Vaith

May 28, 2020
Odd. In MO1 we used to remove the Guards in Meduli with TC. They stopped us doing it because your guild and others cried about it, hard.
My guild didnt live in Meduli, and they enjoyed removed guards, they did however Wardec Koto in Meduli - and you paid us to stop. (After crying about it, hard)

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
The guards are in Meduli to protect the koto large scale pvp guild, no protection for small groups in the wilderness tho, their doors should be breakable
unknown.png

You are aware that the guards also kill us right? Hell ive head Dreadlords call guards on me multiple times 🤣

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Idk what kind of problems you have with griefers near towns. My assets are not close to Town.

My problem is doing content near my house, be it PvE or PvP and my house offers 0 protection because its either 5 sec to open the door or close the door, So what you are asking as a Zerg is a 100% of success, you want it to be impossible to seek safety in someones home, Hell you even want to be able to break down someones door - Why? Because you want them to have no escape because YOU want 100% success.

If a griefer is close to your town and escaping to his house and you (KOTO) with all your numbers cant figure out to block his door when he leaves the house well then thats a l2p issue im afraid. And this kind of foresight goes to normal pvp as well - you shouldnt ask for a such a wheelchair mechanic when you can get around this by having over 80 iq
No point Arguing Tukh, these guys only know two things

1 - Hear person dies outside to 2 - 5 people, they sit in town for 30 minutes waiting for their "Call to arms" discord ping gets triple the numbers online. Hold W towards the 2- 5 people, like a mindless zerg does and expect to win with shear numbers.

2 - Hear person dies outside, can't get triple the numbers online from their Call to arms ping, sit on the border of the town to spam /guards.

You see Tukh, they lack the understanding that they could either send a group BEFORE the fight happens, to block the enemy groups exit plan to their house before they can withdraw, OR, wait for them to leave and move towards town and then block it. They lack the mental capabilities to resolve their problem, instead must spam the forums, discord and in-game GM tickets to make it seem like it's a world ending issue.

Last edited:

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Reading through this post I see a bunch of griefers crying that they have to face the consequences of their own actions. This feels like a recruitment post for Koto. Did Kuth put you up to putting this poll out so you could post your L's? Or did you just decide to make this poll look awful all on your own too. Yea we all hate the 5 sec timer but we are waiting for sieging to come out.
KOTO and their alliance griefs too, the only difference they just make up excuses to do so. You see, we went into Colored forest spider cave, bumped into KOTO group, they attacked us, we killed them. The next day we find out they put us on their coalitions "KOS" list, but the reasoning was "GY griefing" which was odd, since our guild doesn't GY grief and the only person in Meduli from our guild fishes and collects sea dew. Which KOTO + friends proceeded to grief in town and outside of town. False justification to commit their own griefing. Though when it came to the duel afterwards, they got spanked.

Now, when asked if there was proof of said member(which they couldn't name) GY griefing, they had none what so ever. Kuthara gave us the cold shoulder trying to figure out why this was happening. Then we realized, the salty zerglings got mad they lost a fair fight in a dungeon, they initiated and made some bullshit reason up to justify their own griefing.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
KOTO and their alliance griefs too, the only difference they just make up excuses to do so. You see, we went into Colored forest spider cave, bumped into KOTO group, they attacked us, we killed them. The next day we find out they put us on their coalitions "KOS" list, but the reasoning was "GY griefing" which was odd, since our guild doesn't GY grief and the only person in Meduli from our guild fishes and collects sea dew. Which KOTO + friends proceeded to grief in town and outside of town. False justification to commit their own griefing. Though when it came to the duel afterwards, they got spanked.

Now, when asked if there was proof of said member(which they couldn't name) GY griefing, they had none what so ever. Kuthara gave us the cold shoulder trying to figure out why this was happening. Then we realized, the salty zerglings got mad they lost a fair fight in a dungeon, they initiated and made some bullshit reason up to justify their own griefing.

I have no idea what guild you are in.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
No point Arguing Tukh, these guys only know two things

1 - Hear person dies outside to 2 - 5 people, they sit in town for 30 minutes waiting for their "Call to arms" discord ping gets triple the numbers online. Hold W towards the 2- 5 people, like a mindless zerg does and expect to win with shear numbers.

2 - Hear person dies outside, can't get triple the numbers online from their Call to arms ping, sit on the border of the town to spam /guards.

You see Tukh, they lack the understanding that they could either send a group BEFORE the fight happens, to block the enemy groups exit plan to their house before they can withdraw, OR, wait for them to leave and move towards town and then block it. They lack the mental capabilities to resolve their problem, instead must spam the forums, discord and in-game GM tickets to make it seem like it's a world ending issue.

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

Reactions: Erseyr and Kuthara

Gasten

Mar 14, 2022

what you describe isnt griefing its pvp. I am sure you are mad they are killing you without, in your view, a cause. I know they do a lot of diligence on their KOS list. I would argue this has less to do with Koto and more to do with poor leadership in your guild who failed to find a resolution to this issue.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
80% organic forum users voted for shorter Door interactions, Mostly griefers? Like 'Amadman'? You are just trying to discredit the poll and now ruin it by ordering your guildmembers to bomb the poll because this was your personal suggestion, and i can see by your other 'suggestions' that your members are also posting as their own ideas like demolishable doors, they are just regurgitating YOUR ideas.

So yes i do think the 80% of organic forum users voting for one thing is valuable. you seem to think these underlings of yours literally just spamming your personal ideas is more valuable - but they are shit ideas for the game that only gives the big Zerg more power (Like if they need more power in this game)
the worst thing SV could do is to follow these washed up "vets" ideas.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I have no idea what guild you are in.
NORSCA, Molags guild.

what you describe isnt griefing its pvp. I am sure you are mad they are killing you without, in your view, a cause. I know they do a lot of diligence on their KOS list. I would argue this has less to do with Koto and more to do with poor leadership in your guild who failed to find a resolution to this issue.
Our guilds were on relatively good terms until the spider cave incident. Oh, so pushing a fisherman repeatedly into the ocean at Meduli docks, taking turns doing 3 pushes to try attempt to push the player out of town to try gank and shooting his horse with naked archers in town, because they were upset over losing a fight in a dungeon, THEY initiated, isn't griefing. Gotcha.

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul
Everyone who has come across the Medoodoo coalition knows this to be the truth, open your eyes zerglet and accept you're a pooper.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
NORSCA, Molags guild.

Our guilds were on relatively good terms until the spider cave incident. Oh, so pushing a fisherman repeatedly into the ocean at Meduli docks, taking turns doing 3 pushes to try attempt to push the player out of town to try gank and shooting his horse with naked archers in town, because they were upset over losing a fight in a dungeon, THEY initiated, isn't griefing. Gotcha.

Everyone who has come across the Medoodoo coalition knows this to be the truth, open your eyes zerglet and accept you're a pooper.

Nah, 90% of blues i dont even bat an eye at. But if you're on the list...well.. i think someone answered for you. Your guild leader failed diplomacy.

Reactions: Erseyr

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Nah, I tried to find a resolution. The leader of KotO didn't care enough, so neither did I. I just regret telling my guys to not grief them or kos at launch. Was a misunderstanding on my part.

Decent assumption though I suppose.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I will be the first to say I do not know about the issues that lead to this change.

And I have even less knowledge of all the guild politics being discussed in this thread.

So I can only speak as a player that is effected by these changes without knowledge of these things.

All I can really say is that it is frustrating having to wait 5 seconds to open a door, then 5 more to close the door and 5 more again for every time I want to open a chest. (Not to mention the 'bug' where the 5 second counter happens on nodes near the house at times as well.)

Enough so that I don't even bother closing my door currently because it is such a waste of time.