Crafting Skill Gains are Too Fast, No Variation in Crafting Results Makes it Uninteresting for the Crafter

Ajido

Nov 26, 2020
Being a high skill crafter doesn't feel special in this game. As someone who usually enjoys crafting in sandbox MMO's, it's a nice feeling being your guild's go to guy when they need something in particular. In this game, when a guildmate asks if someone can make a bow, 5-10 people pipe up that they're 100 in all the bow crafting skills already within 2 days of playing game. And these people aren't even spending every second in the game working toward that goal, it's just a side thing they did for a few hours while doing other stuff.

The lack of variation in crafted items also makes things pretty unexciting for the crafter. If there's 0 difference between me crafting an item and another player crafting the same item with same mats, what's even the point in me wanting to do it. If there was some kind of variation, or a chance you could get a special +1 version with better stats, that'd be cool. I don't think the non-implemented Legendary crafting is enough to make it rewarding. Visually different is kinda cool, but actually being superior with better stats would go a long way to "oh wow look at this awesome thing I just made!". Having some, even slight, uncertainty when crafting would be amazing when you're eager to see what the result of the craft is. @Henrik Nyström @Sebastian Persson

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Being a high skill crafter doesn't feel special in this game. As someone who usually enjoys crafting in sandbox MMO's, it's a nice feeling being your guild's go to guy when they need something in particular. In this game, when a guildmate asks if someone can make a bow, 5-10 people pipe up that they're 100 in all the bow crafting skills already within 2 days of playing game. And these people aren't even spending every second in the game working toward that goal, it's just a side thing they did for a few hours while doing other stuff.

The lack of variation in crafted items also makes things pretty unexciting for the crafter. If there's 0 difference between me crafting an item and another player crafting the same item with same mats, what's even the point in me wanting to do it. If there was some kind of variation, or a chance you could get a special +1 version with better stats, that'd be cool. I don't think the non-implemented Legendary crafting is enough to make it rewarding. Visually different is kinda cool, but actually being superior with better stats would go a long way to "oh wow look at this awesome thing I just made!". Having some, even slight, uncertainty when crafting would be amazing when you're eager to see what the result of the craft is. @Henrik Nyström @Sebastian Persson
This is partly the result of SV partly caving in to those who didn't want to depend on others for their crafted itesms. It's probably the greatest good for the greatest number, but I can see how you feel.

Reactions: Serverus

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
meh ,high pop mean lot of mats provider , meaning faster skills gain ( at least in guild ) so , i understand you but well , it was to be expected

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I think it’s going to matter once people get rare material. Bows for instance since you used that as an example will make a significant difference if using dense crepite compare to Spongewood. That is when the bowyer will shine.

Weapon crafting is a bit more of a process as it takes almost 20 books to read; just to be a full Weaponcrafter, 10g for Greatsword lore and then you have to get RNG to get risar weapon lores. But I get your point I think bows are probably too easy to level opposed to weapon crafting and armorsmithIng which take more time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah