bows are completely overpowered for PvP

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Use a sheild or strafe back and forth, or use cover since you are also range and actually the better range class. Always jump cast while putting your back with the sheild on it towards the archer.

I main mage, archers are free kills as a mage

I haven't tested the validity of this but I hear looking down also protects your head while you're casting with a shield on your back.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Bow aren't really that bad in comparison to mages. There's armors that negate A LOT of pierce damage. Now, horses shouldn't be unkillable. I think bows are in the best state they've ever been in. Maybe, nerf short and keep long as is, because the stamina on long bow is atrocious. You should try better gear. If you're a mage, welcome to teamplay.

Reactions: Tzone

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
the problem is mostly the magic is a lot harder to get and use than bows. Bows you just pick them up and go shoot shooty brrrr and win. Magic you need scribing which is hard to get, need scrolls which are hard to get, level up tons of skills, usually a pet to tank for you, be able to cast without moving your horse, be great at aiming, etc

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
the problem is mostly the magic is a lot harder to get and use than bows. Bows you just pick them up and go shoot shooty brrrr and win. Magic you need scribing which is hard to get, need scrolls which are hard to get, level up tons of skills, usually a pet to tank for you, be able to cast without moving your horse, be great at aiming, etc
And your point is? You have to play the game to be extremely op? Damage is damage, regardless you'll get there eventually. It's not a year long process to get magic up. It takes a week max even if you're lazy.

Reactions: Kelzyr

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
With only 70 points in archery...on 123 max str oghmir wearing full steel draconic plate using 101distance 120str longbow i can kill foot fighters face to face 1v1 before they kill me on foot.

Archery is absolutely overpowered for such a small point investment. Its ridiculous.

I am a pure foot fighter tank build who normally uses axes, but lately ive found that FF players become overzealous when fighting vs archers. They think they will win and gain confidence. And thus come close to me to just hack me down. But i just dome them a few times and thats it. It is so effective that thats how i normally play now.

Also, no PVE enemy is challenging with a bow..even my terrible MA skill which is far from maxed still lets me kill any enemy i want on horse with shortbow.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArcaneConsular

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
And your point is? You have to play the game to be extremely op? Damage is damage, regardless you'll get there eventually. It's not a year long process to get magic up. It takes a week max even if you're lazy.

not sure whats going on your head, but I have no clue what you're going on about here. If you have a middle school reading level you should be able to get my point. But to reiterate, my point was that archery is way cheaper, way faster, and way easier to use than magic

Monco

May 28, 2020
With only 70 points in archery...on 123 max str oghmir wearing full steel draconic plate using 101distance 120str longbow i can kill foot fighters face to face 1v1 before they kill me on foot.

Archery is absolutely overpowered for such a small point investment. Its ridiculous.

I am a pure foot fighter tank build who normally uses axes, but lately ive found that FF players become overzealous when fighting vs archers. They think they will win and gain confidence. And thus come close to me to just hack me down. But i just dome them a few times and thats it. It is so effective that thats how i normally play now.

Look man whatever you're trying to say doesn't make any kind of sense. You're saying that you're winning against a FF as a Foot Archer because of how overpowered bows are, but at the same time you say that you're wearing full steel and are on a max str oghmir with a 120 str 101 range longbow. You're simply winning because you're in full steel while your opponent isn't, so you can just outrade him even with a bow. You know very well that if he had the same gear as you you wouldn't stand a chance as a Foot Archer against a FF. Bows aren't overpowered at all, and there's absolutely no need for another nerf on them.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Look man whatever you're trying to say doesn't make any kind of sense. You're saying that you're winning against a FF as a Foot Archer because of how overpowered bows are, but at the same time you say that you're wearing full steel and are on a max str oghmir with a 120 str 101 range longbow. You're simply winning because you're in full steel while your opponent isn't, so you can just outrade him even with a bow. You know very well that if he had the same gear as you you wouldn't stand a chance as a Foot Archer against a FF. Bows aren't overpowered at all, and there's absolutely no need for another nerf on them.

Not to mention he's an ohgmir that takes no dmg when still if he pops his clade gift with that armor....yeah it's definitely the archery...smh

Reactions: Monco

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

This would be true if i wasnt looting messing/steel weapons and pansar plate (barely worse than steel) off their bags XD

Bows are so good, if you play a foot fighter and dont use one you are just gimping yourself. MA even half assed (just shortbow with archery on horse) trivializes all PVE.

I am a pure FF build with just 70 pts in archery and i dome horses in steel heavy for 4-8 shots. If a horse is wearing bone armor, 4 shots. That is just stupid and broken.

Ill give here a little and say I dont know if its bows or horses just being too weak which is debatably another argument.

The reason FA works vs FF is because if you can aim, you cant be blocked. While you just run around and dudge clunky swings and spin to win kids.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
not sure whats going on your head, but I have no clue what you're going on about here. If you have a middle school reading level you should be able to get my point. But to reiterate, my point was that archery is way cheaper, way faster, and way easier to use than magic
You fail to see a point. Everybody is endgame, and there's a way to negate bows with armor lol. Magic you can't, why are you harping on something you can negate. It's really simple math really isn't it. How are you dying to a naked archer rofl? Do you not understand how math works? 60 pierce res vs 0 pierce res? You're dying to this? Is this a you problem or a game problem?

Monco

May 28, 2020
This would be true if i wasnt looting messing/steel weapons and pansar plate (barely worse than steel) off their bags XD

Bows are so good, if you play a foot fighter and dont use one you are just gimping yourself. MA even half assed (just shortbow with archery on horse) trivializes all PVE.

I am a pure FF build with just 70 pts in archery and i dome horses in steel heavy for 4-8 shots. If a horse is wearing bone armor, 4 shots. That is just stupid and broken.

Ill give here a little and say I dont know if its bows or horses just being too weak which is debatably another argument.

The reason FA works vs FF is because if you can aim, you cant be blocked. While you just run around and dudge clunky swings and spin to win kids.

Ok so let me get this straight, you're saying you're kiting FFs as a FA and you're using a 120 str longbow as a 123 max str Oghmir? Yeah right you're def doing that. Lmfao come on man you know that's simply untrue, those FF kids are gonna be in your face after you get 2 shots in and while you're already half stammed from shooting twice and trying to "kite" they're gonna be swinging in your face mauling you down to pieces.

This isn't Life is Feudal, you can't kite as a longbow FA.

Archery is good as it is, it doesn't need buffs and it certainly doesn't need nerfs.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Ok so let me get this straight, you're saying you're kiting FFs as a FA and you're using a 120 str longbow as a 123 max str Oghmir? Yeah right you're def doing that. Lmfao come on man you know that's simply untrue, those FF kids are gonna be in your face after you get 2 shots in and while you're already half stammed from shooting twice and trying to "kite" they're gonna be swinging in your face mauling you down to pieces.

This isn't Life is Feudal, you can't kite as a longbow FA.

Archery is good as it is, it doesn't need buffs and it certainly doesn't need nerfs.

No kiting..no one said kiting but you.

Literally face to face. Half stammed XD oghmir ff has 133 constitution and 400 stamina.

I dont even know what stammed means on my build XD

Its quite simple dude, person A swings sword while person B moves to the side while shooting. Person A misses, person B shoots person A again. (Bow cant be blocked without shield) person A hits person be a few times but person B continually hits person A with bow while person A occasionally swings and misses.

Person A dies.

All of this done with with just 70 locked archery.

This is a consistantly occuring thing across the game, there is no debate. Archery is too strong.

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
Bows are fine damage-wise and in terms of stam drain, but they need some other way to counterplay melee fighters that get too close besides just trading shot for shot or running away. Being able to block with a bow (but not parry) would be good I think. Being able to switch weapons from bow to melee and back in just 1 keypress would be good, too.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Bows are fine damage-wise and in terms of stam drain, but they need some other way to counterplay melee fighters that get too close besides just trading shot for shot or running away. Being able to block with a bow (but not parry) would be good I think. Being able to switch weapons from bow to melee and back in just 1 keypress would be good, too.

switching is possible , you can hotkey another weapon , you need to draw the new wep again thought

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
how do you wear decent armor on a domination mage? to me decent = heavy, and everything else sucks because you get melted by bows
the mage in my guild uses 10 weight armor sets or slightly less, he rolls 40-45 protection on his armor and bows dont seem to do much to him compared to his spell hitting back.
He can generaly out heal all bow dmg in a 1v1 situation and still do dmg back

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
the mage in my guild uses 10 weight armor sets or slightly less, he rolls 40-45 protection on his armor and bows dont seem to do much to him compared to his spell hitting back.
He can generaly out heal all bow dmg in a 1v1 situation and still do dmg back

is he a human?

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The other thing broken about bows that people arent considering, is weapon cost. A crepite bow completely fists. A animal material weapon, completely sucks. For bows to be as strong as they are, you should need to make a tung bow. Then its at least fair. The argument that people need to be wearing steel + to not die to a crepite bow is just stupid.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
The other thing broken about bows that people arent considering, is weapon cost. A crepite bow completely fists. A animal material weapon, completely sucks. For bows to be as strong as they are, you should need to make a tung bow. Then its at least fair. The argument that people need to be wearing steel + to not die to a crepite bow is just stupid.

or they could just make it so you have to use more expensive arrows at least like in games like runescape. Maybe you need steel headed arrows to pierce armor or something, and arrows made of bone wont

Reactions: Jatix