firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
1) you can shoot every .4 seconds in melee range and have good mobility
2) you can kill other players while completely naked
3) you can kill horses in 2-3 shots
4) your only counter is another bow user
5) wtf is the point of shields?

great game balance guys

side note: how about instead of adding lightning you buff the illusionist's drop rate on scribing book so that people can actually play their class

Reactions: Ulfwych

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Look dude if you wanna cry about scribing just do that. No need dance around your real complaint.

Reactions: Yucko

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
it's all listed right there.. are you unable to read it because i spoke on something else at the end?
You said things that the bow does like its some grand overpowered combo. It is not. Wear better armor if you are getting pegged so hard by archers. Oh wait, you are a mage and can heal yourself. You can run, LoS, zig zag etc. If you put corrupt on an archer you make it really hard for them to hit with arrows.

At the end you randomly throw in the scribe book comment. Which just tells me you are a butthurt mage that doesn't know how to play. I bet you don't even know what wobble means do you?

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Bro i just spent 1k gold on scrolls and im only level 68, The scribing book cost me 250G. The book said it would get me to 70, it only got me to 61. So the 1250 gold got me to level 68. Not even the level 70 the book said, Now im broke as fk with nothing to show for. 😅

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Bro i just spent 1k gold on scrolls and im only level 68, The scribing book cost me 250G. The book said it would get me to 70, it only got me to 61. So the 1250 gold got me to level 68. Not even the level 70 the book said, Now im broke as fk with nothing to show for. 😅
They managed to make it more ass than mo 1. Impressive. Most impressive

Reactions: Raknor

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020

Good melee eat foot archers for breakfast. There have been nerfs to archery since the last time people were crying this, and BEFORE the nerfs groups competent in PvP were still calling for everyone to put bows away and switch to melee the moment a melee push was made.

Personally, until archer is a strong enough role that it's a good decision to people full spec it and continue to use bows once melees are in melee, I will see archery as an underpowered role. Because right now it's not a role. Foot-fighter is the role, and it's focus is melee. Archery is just a thing it does on the side.

And no I'm not saying archery is underpowered until it can fight a melee in melee. I'm saying archery is underpowered if someone who full specs it it still better off drawing a melee weapon and joining the push in 99% of fights instead of continuing to use their bow as long as nobody closes on them. Until it's worth it to lose melee viability to gain archery power on a foot build (because it currently isn't) it's underpowered.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Good melee eat foot archers for breakfast. There have been nerfs to archery since the last time people were crying this, and BEFORE the nerfs groups competent in PvP were still calling for everyone to put bows away and switch to melee the moment a melee push was made.

Personally, until archer is a strong enough role that it's a good decision to people full spec it and continue to use bows once melees are in melee, I will see archery as an underpowered role. Because right now it's not a role. Foot-fighter is the role, and it's focus is melee. Archery is just a thing it does on the side.

And no I'm not saying archery is underpowered until it can fight a melee in melee. I'm saying archery is underpowered if someone who full specs it it still better off drawing a melee weapon and joining the push in 99% of fights instead of continuing to use their bow as long as nobody closes on them. Until it's worth it to lose melee viability to gain archery power on a foot build (because it currently isn't) it's underpowered.
A bow formation was used in mass numbers and were not particularly accurate. The way a formation worked in real life compared to how bows work in this game are just not comparable at all. And archers were adequate in melee combat.

At any rate i'll say I fulfilled the condition that so long as no one was hitting me I was better off with the bow than melee here.

Unblockable damage is obviously better than blockable damage.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I'm not even particularly talking real life tactics here. I'm talking fun gameplay. One of the most commonly requested builds I get from people I'm helping is "archer". And I explain to each and every one of them the role they want as an archer is a foot-fighter, because focusing your build around archery isn't viable.

That is partially because 100 archery gives too much value while worthless skills like marksmanship give almost none. But balancing archery absolutely requires a buff in power to people who go 400 points in IMO. And no that shouldn't mean giving up melee. But it should mean a lot more sacrifices to it than 100 points in Archery requires.

Also you can clearly see watching that video there were some huge opportunities for melee damage you missed out on because you were using a bow in melee. Particularly around the 1:10 minute mark, you could have ended him there with melee given how long his back was exposed to you.

Reactions: Rhias

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I'm not even particularly talking real life tactics here. I'm talking fun gameplay. One of the most commonly requested builds I get from people I'm helping is "archer". And I explain to each and every one of them the role they want as an archer is a foot-fighter, because focusing your build around archery isn't viable.

That is partially because 100 archery gives too much value while worthless skills like marksmanship give almost none. But balancing archery absolutely requires a buff in power to people who go 400 points in IMO. And no that shouldn't mean giving up melee. But it should mean a lot more sacrifices to it than 100 points in Archery requires.

Also you can clearly see watching that video there were some huge opportunities for melee damage you missed out on because you were using a bow in melee. Particularly around the 1:10 minute mark, you could have ended him there with melee given how long his back was exposed to you.
I disagree with your minute 10 assessment as wicked is very proficient at parrying and would immediately adjust if I switched to melee. I probably would have done less damage and fed him ripostes.

I think what you're proposing would just end up being a nerf to archers by requiring more points for same effectiveness. Unless you gave them poison arrows, traps, etc but that would require genius to my level which you won't get.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Nah that's what I'm saying.

I think archers with 100 points should be 60-80% as effective as they currently are. I think archers with 400 points should be 120-130% as effective as a 100 point archer currently is. Like a 400 point archer should absolutely be doing more damage than it is now so that it's worth giving up other things to take.

Personally I'd like to see that whole breath holding thing nobody is probably ever going to take be replaced with a shortbow, assym, and longbow skills that are required to do full damage with the given bow types. Make archers actually choose an archery style the same way melees have to but reward them with more damage. (Note, this means MA's can't just whip out a longbow the moment their horse dies unless they take 2 bow types)

Tzone

May 16, 2021

great game balance guys

side note: how about instead of adding lightning you buff the illusionist's drop rate on scribing book so that people can actually play their class
long bows shoot every 3.2 seconds and short 2.3

All you have to do to counter bows is strafe back and forth do to how low the velocity of the projectiles are. The player moves out of the way faster then the arrow can travel to the target location.

Bows are weak archers is only a secondary and foot archer is the worst build in the game.

Reactions: Kaemik

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
1) You are not mobile cause of the wobble when you move with a drawn bow
2) You can kill another player with a naked mage or melee too just depends how experienced they are
3) Ofc bows are good for hitting horses they are a huge target, horse armor with good piercing protection improves your horses survivability greatly.
4) Bows are useless in melee you can shoot like three times until people are in your face with melee weapons and the bow is easy to dodge
5) Shields grant damage reduction from hits that hit the shield, this is called equipment hit and deals only reduced damage even if the shield is just on the back.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
HEY HEY HEY GUYS !!!!!!

SV told us they learned from experience from 10 years with MO. Obviously this game is totally different and better due to it.

Since MO was a unbalanced mess of a game, that means MO2 will be lots better simply due to SVs now insane amount of lEaRnEd ExPeRiEnCe of this type of game.

MAs was way to stronk in MO so obviously they wont be in MO2 since SV again learns so well of their mistakes...

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
A bow formation was used in mass numbers and were not particularly accurate. The way a formation worked in real life compared to how bows work in this game are just not comparable at all. And archers were adequate in melee combat.

At any rate i'll say I fulfilled the condition that so long as no one was hitting me I was better off with the bow than melee here.

Unblockable damage is obviously better than blockable damage.

Unfortunately this footage is from the beta when you did not have the foot wobble. Now its much harder to do this. If you notice you are still moving around quite a bit while pulling back your bow and firing, you can't really do that well atm. You have to stop moving completely to line shots up or be a literal wizard at timing the wobble to hit stuff like you are in this vid.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Lol …wtf? Complaining about foot archers now?! …..Whats next? We gonna start complaining about fist fighters? Torch wielders?

get the fack auta here. Go back to pvp kindergarten. Wear some decent armour or dont stand there like a giant pilon.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
Lol …wtf? Complaining about foot archers now?! …..Whats next? We gonna start complaining about fist fighters? Torch wielders?

get the fack auta here. Go back to pvp kindergarten. Wear some decent armour or dont stand there like a giant pilon.
how do you wear decent armor on a domination mage? to me decent = heavy, and everything else sucks because you get melted by bows

Reactions: Jatix

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
how do you wear decent armor on a domination mage? to me decent = heavy, and everything else sucks because you get melted by bows

Put on a shield and stay near trees. I recommend rawhide or silks for backings to increase your pierce resistance.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021

first lesson: do not be a dominator mage for pvp. Pets are incredibly buggy and unreliable. Also there is no way to stop every enemy with a bow from focusing your pet right off the bat. Most pets do little damage to good armour. Anything more than a 1vs1 and your pet will die very fast and leave you a gimped mage.

second lesson: if you are a mage, never stand still, except to charge a cast. Alwasy stay behind your front line. If there is no front like find something to hide behind. You cannot take any damage or you will die quick. Mages cannot stand and fight 1vs1 any other class. You are a support class. A very squishy one. Stay far and stay moving.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Use a sheild or strafe back and forth, or use cover since you are also range and actually the better range class. Always jump cast while putting your back with the sheild on it towards the archer.

I main mage, archers are free kills as a mage