Are you concerned about the infrequency of updates?

Are you concerned about the infrequency of updates?

• Total voters

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The sad part is that none of these problems would matter much to me if fights were fun.
I don't know why anyone who plays for pvp and lives anywhere west of the east coast in North America would bother to play in the state combat is in. Any beginner from the EU can just twitch his camara a bit and become unblockable. And anyone else will teleport and stutter when you fight them. I have no idea why it is so much worse than it was in earlier beta, but it doesn't seem to even be being worked on.
That is on top of how stupidly slow swings and movements are, which was supposed to fix the other problems and didn't, but are still in place.
Don't take this like i'm attacking you, but threads like this https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/revan-schools-me.531/ and the crying 90% of the community did in early alpha didn't help. Indeed you got a lot of the changes that you asked for.

Even recently there were people trying desperately to get the devs to nerf jump swings. It dawned on me recently that now that i've stopped doing jump swings and instead do animations breaks. That I was literally the only person doing what they were asking to get nerfed and framing it as if it were some massive problem and beyblades were going to ruin the entire game.

These people have absolutely no regard for how it would effect any other aspect of the game.

I on the other hand didn't ask for shit so I think i'm allowed to cry.

Orrn

May 28, 2020
You guys all remember that in the last 5+ years of mo1 we were lucky to get a major patch a year. Looking at the patch notes we had
2019 - Haven which was ok but was mostly pointless because there were no new players coming
2018 - elementalism which was kind of cool but didn't actually change much in big fights
2017 - Modular houses
2016 - necromancy which remained broken until the end
2015 - magic revamp and steam launch

Its actually crazy how little in terms of actual new content was added to the game since steam launch. Several dungeons were redone during this time but in terms of actual end game content added worth doing more than once we only saw the underground demon area, the new relic and meteor system, and the aur pit; which was mechanically somewhat interesting but incredibly broken in many ways.

I don't think I could possibly list all of the incredibly unbalanced and broken things that were in the game for far too long, some major things that come to mind:
  • Death knights - a low skilled mage with a medium value death knight could easily fight 3 people, many more if they make it into the water
  • TC guards - for those of you who weren't around to see the final wars, it was literally just people building as many patrol posts as possible and filling them with guards as the guards would constantly bug out and destroy manganons and enough guards would just insta kill people that you guard called making sieging a competent group almost impossible. This was never fixed.
  • Just TC in general - Many groups were able to block off content and have unsiegeable towers for years. I think in some of the last patches we saw they finally made it so you couldn't build around the highest value content in the game. Still didn't fix unsiegeable towers though most of which fell as guilds quit the game.
  • Every balance patch would just change the meta broken weapon. From dual stirke, triple strike, weakspot weapons, foot lances, mc sledges, mc double kall axes. And it would usually be 6 months between balance patches.
  • Many balance patches also didn't fix things retroactively, creating pre patch armor, weapons, horses, houses, TC, potions and other things. Many of these, especially horses people had banks full of and we would see used for many years after they supposedly "fixed"
  • All wealth generation in the game was incredibly unbalanced. In terms of raw gold people would kill on timer the Kimuru, the elemental priestess, and the aur boss on timer by groups that had characters logged of at them each time getting 500g+. All of which could also be solo'ed in various ways. The only one regularly contested was the aur boss. Content like the risar dungeon or minotaurs was basically useless as you would get at most like 10g a kill.
Almost all of the actual content of the game was player driven. Which is fine for some, but wars can only bring so many people to play especially when the systems around it are fundamentally broken. I don't expect the game to maintain a larger community than MO1 unless they can operate totally differently than how weve seen them maintain MO1. So far they have started fairly strong with MO2 but to me it looks like they are losing momentum and making large miscalculations about the timeframes they are promising.

May 28, 2020
No game with more consistent quality updates right now, truthfully the stress test seems to have thrown them off-track for a bit, but that was to be expected. With June coming up we will see the two weeks patch cycle return with good stuff.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
They need to listen to the community more to be frank. Mind you there are A LOT of bad ideas in this community. But there are consensus or some things and most of the things there is community consensus on are good ideas.

For instance. It is a tiny minority of people who want Haven to be a place to gather up a ton of resources before coming to the mainland. There is a huge divide on whether it should exist at all. But even among the pro-Haven people such as myself, we want the focus to be on the tutorial and teaching new players fundamentals before throwing them to the wolves. NOBODY asked for what we have now. Nearly everyone is against it. So why did they do it?

Awamory

Mar 7, 2021
It was explained multiple times to the community at large that slowing down the game would not improve the gameplay for west coast or other high ping players. It is worse now precisely because the swings and movement are slower, because the low ping player isn't desynced but the high ping player is. Often times I will take damage from euro players before they've even swung on my screen.
I'm euro player and I have the same issue, I have damage from almost each player during PVP before they've even swung on my screen. Or they can teleport to me and out very fast, I can't see where they are, I don't tell even about attack's direction:)

And I have double strike from each npc if it runs to me (and I can't see direction of its strike on time).

Last edited:

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
In fairness, I'm personally happy enough as we are getting shit updated fairly frequently considering their team size. I mean its a pain of not getting certain stuff faster like we got MA mechanics and now MC mechanics on horses that die in 2 hits... true. Its a pain and we can't fully test the mechanics and give feedback on balance but atleast we have something going in fairly alright time. I mean the game won't be populated now all the time... It will be like this now all the time.. Update = busy AF -> 2 weeks later and its dead, simply because we don't really have goals in-game yet. People are constantly testing stuff and giving feedback so I don't think its too bad of a situation right now.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Don't take this like i'm attacking you, but threads like this https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/revan-schools-me.531/ and the crying 90% of the community did in early alpha didn't help. Indeed you got a lot of the changes that you asked for.

Even recently there were people trying desperately to get the devs to nerf jump swings. It dawned on me recently that now that i've stopped doing jump swings and instead do animations breaks. That I was literally the only person doing what they were asking to get nerfed and framing it as if it were some massive problem and beyblades were going to ruin the entire game.

These people have absolutely no regard for how it would effect any other aspect of the game.

I on the other hand didn't ask for shit so I think i'm allowed to cry.
I am not sure what you are saying was changed due to crying like that thread though? I'm here saying that it is still like that. I am saying that nothing they have tried has fixed that, but the so called fixes are still in game even though they didn't work.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Smaller patches would enable them iterate more. The problem is that SV does not have a designer or creative director who actually understands how systems connect and what made then good in the first place.

It's very much a ship on autopilot with very hazy idea of where it is going.

@MolagAmur
They have learned. Just not the right lessons. They think going for retention at all costs is the way to go. Sadly that leads to the soulless game we have right now. There is zero respect or reverence for the original design.

Mats probably did all the spreadsheets for Mo1. So with him not being there you have no one with capacity to design something complex and interesting.

Personally I'm waiting for launch. And on how hefty the penalties for PVP will be. Not interested in afking 247 so some carebear can claim to play a "hardcore" game.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
people here should just stop playing and wait for release... and i will probably do the same, except try a patch or two... we are doing this wrong i dont think we are supposed to properly be playing the game atm... even tho we want to so bad...

Reactions: PatWins and Lenny

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
people here should just stop playing and wait for release... and i will probably do the same, except try a patch or two... we are doing this wrong i dont think we are supposed to properly be playing the game atm... even tho we want to so bad...
Yeah I stopped playing for a while since I was playing due to the actual release dates provided.

endless space was great and all but I’m not tryna play endless beta

Reactions: Xunila

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I am not sure what you are saying was changed due to crying like that thread though? I'm here saying that it is still like that. I am saying that nothing they have tried has fixed that, but the so called fixes are still in game even though they didn't work.
Hits from range led to the movement speed changes.

honestly it’s “better” now that range hits don’t happen but the speed really is awful

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Hits from range led to the movement speed changes.

honestly it’s “better” now that range hits don’t happen but the speed really is awful
I am here to say that range hits do still happen. Lot of people are trying out poleaxes and poleswords and I get hit from beyond the length of them. When I parry I then have to sprint a long way to be able to hit them. So my point is that it didn't work, so they should at least speed it back up.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I am here to say that range hits do still happen. Lot of people are trying out poleaxes and poleswords and I get hit from beyond the length of them. When I parry I then have to sprint a long way to be able to hit them. So my point is that it didn't work, so they should at least speed it back up.
eh, can't really equate still happens occasionally to didn't work at all.

I think its undeniably obvious that it has worked.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I haven't been playing/fighting very much, so dunno how widespread it is, but it is about half of the fights say three of the six that I have found in the last couple of weeks. In two of those though the people also teleported so it might have been another issue entirely.
None of those were since the last patch, either, as I can't stay connected to the game for more than a few minutes and there is a lot of strange black flashes, and lag, too.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
As time goes by, more and more players leave the beta closed because content is lacking and there are too many bugs.
Even in my guild that was very active, there are people who are now waiting for news.
It is evident that the game is not ready for the release and I suppose that starvault is having problems adding content because they are a small studio but it progresses slowly and with many errors.
What worries me the most is the arrival of territorial control and AI.
Housing and territorial control will change the game and if they don't implement it efficiently and brilliantly they will ruin the future of the game.
The AI is horrible and they have to find a way to improve it so that it poses some kind of challenge.

Right now the hype for the game has dropped a lot and most people are inactive. I pray that soon there will be more content.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
I guess the perception of frequency is relative from person to person.

compared to old MO1 I think the updates are qute frequent, given the amount of changes in each patch

Awamory

Mar 7, 2021
The main issue for me is awful desynchronisation. I'm ready to support the game as much as I can even now with lack of content, but... I live in the EU, but I can't do PVE and PVP. I thought it is my fault, I'm very bad in it, but I have seen videos from Wolfszeit and other players. "Their bandits" are smoother a lot and speed of Leader Bandit is slower for them than speed of usual bandits for me. If we say about PVP, I can see just hits on me when nobody is near me.

I thought it is my bad or just bad videocard, but I can play in TESO and Mordhau with maximum video settings and I can parry, I can fight in PVE and PVP without any problems. So I think there are issues with MO2. And the last patch did PVE even worse for me.

Reactions: Rorry

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
The main issue for me is awful desynchronisation. I'm ready to support the game as much as I can even now with lack of content, but... I live in the EU, but I can't do PVE and PVP. I thought it is my fault, I'm very bad in it, but I have seen videos from Wolfszeit and other players. "Their bandits" are smoother a lot and speed of Leader Bandit is slower for them than speed of usual bandits for me. If we say about PVP, I can see just hits on me when nobody is near me.

I thought it is my bad or just bad videocard, but I can play in TESO and Mordhau with maximum video settings and I can parry, I can fight in PVE and PVP without any problems. So I think there are issues with MO2. And the last patch did PVE even worse for me.

i can see some issues althoug i have no explanation for them, I killed both a veteran bandit using those bige axe like clubs at lightspeed, barely ad any time to parry... while on the same camp i fought a veteran bandit with a sword that moved slightly faster then zombies...

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Why I feel a "Copy paste from MO1" sensation ? Basically I refer when a patch Is released introduce also new bugs. It's a neverending story.

Reactions: Angelo