A public challenge

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
A public challenge

Ibarruri the banker, descendent of the infamous traitor Ibarruri the Corrupt, has on numerous occasions insulted the Emperor Isaios Avitus Decollator and thus the whole tindremene population. Furthermore he has insulted the tindremene Lord Favonius and blasphemed by threatening Lord Favonius with the wrath of SUNNA*.

It seems that Ibarruri the Banker is set on following in the footsteps of his forefather.
Thus, it is only fitting that a descendent of the militia captain who led the public uprising against Ibarruri's forefather issue this challenge.

Meet me in the Tindrem arena at a time of your choosing, naked and armed only with a steel weapon.
Decline and be forever known as Ibarruri the namby-pamby.

Monica
Captain of the Company of Tindrem

*edit: retconned SOL to SUNNA. I guess the Soldeus propaganda made me forget the true name of the primordial sun god.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Cadres incoming.

I thought you were gonna put a price on him. I was thinking... in a game sense, hmm could I do that, which side do I come down on, and then I saw the personal challenge. WOW. :eek: Shit is real.

Though asking him to come naked is a bit much?

He must at least wear his normal robes ?

Reactions: Reimar

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
(With footnotes: )
the Emperor¹ Isaios² ³ Avitus⁴ ⁵ Decollator⁶

Footnotes:
----
¹ [If this name folloiws Roman conventions of a tria nomina, & if I understand those correctly, the first part is a praenoman, to distinguish the beaer from others in his family; the middle part would be the clan name; and the third part would be a cognomen, shoared with a group of relatives inside the same clan. I have no way of telling if this is the case with I.A.D.]

² Isaios; (Greek) ...one of the ten Attic orators according to the Alexandrian canon. ...a metic logographer (speechwriter) for others. *** Dionysius of Halicarnassus compared his style to Lysias, although Isaeus was more given to employing sophistry.
— Isaeus - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaeus

³ MEANING:
This name derives from the Ancient Greek name “Isaîos (??sa???)”, meaning “equal”. Isaeus (early 4th century BC) was one of the ten Attic Orators according to the Alexandrian canon. He was a student of Isocrates in Athens, and later taught Demosthenes while working as a metic speechwriter for others. Only eleven of his speeches survive, with fragments of a twelfth.
— Isaíos - Name's Meaning of Isaíos (Isaios) - https://www.name-doctor.com/name-isaios-meaning-of-isaios-62493.html

⁴ What does Avitus mean in Latin?
1) grandfather (noun)
2) grandfatherly, of a grandfather (adjective)
very old (adjective)
— What does avitus mean in Latin? - https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/t...43c6b5e77f99f6c2026475b1d29489533dfa5af9.html

⁵ Avitus: Roman emperor of the West from July 455 to October 456. ... He opposed the reduction of the Western Roman Empire to Italy alone...
Avitus had a good relationship with the Visigoths, in particular with their king Theodoric II, who was a friend of his and who acclaimed Avitus Emperor. ...(but was) unable to help Avitus against the rebel Roman generals who deposed him.
— Avitus - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avitus

⁶ Decollator
: a machine that separates copies (as of a computer printout produced in multiple copies)
— Decollator Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decollator

• Love
Reactions: Serverus

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I accept the challenge and will choose a suitable champion to represent me, since I am just an old banker. And I can't fight for myself.
I will announce my champion soon...
And I deny that false emperor!
What's more, my ancestors were at the hands of the komodor emperor! So I claim my place as such! And I reject the puppet emperor!

The free nobles of Myrland will choose our emperor!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I accept the challenge and will choose a suitable champion to represent me, since I am just an old banker. And I can't fight for myself.
What's more, my ancestors were at the hands of the komodor emperor! So I claim my place as such! And I reject the puppet emperor!

A+ content. loooooooool. I wonder who will come.

Reactions: Ibarruri

grendel

Jun 13, 2020

You old goat! I am likewise an old and barely walking cadaver. Yet I personally challenged you.
You will represent yourself, just as I represent myself.

There will be no fight by proxies or champions. Try to find the courage to repeat your insults in person in the arena.
You namby-pamby.

edit: You will not be able to bribe your way out of this challenge. You dug your own grave, now lie in it.

Last edited:

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
You old goat! I am likewise an old and barely walking cadaver. Yet I personally challenged you.
You will represent yourself, just as I represent myself.

There will be no fight by proxies or champions. Try to find the courage to repeat your insults in person in the arena.
You namby-pamby.

edit: You will not be able to bribe your way out of this challenge. You dug your own grave, now lie in it.

I don't see it that way. no one can force me not to use a champion.
You wanted to challenge me and you will have your challenge, but it will not be on your terms.
A gentleman will defend my honor. Fight with him and look for your victory!

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
The classic code etiquette of duels is such that any weapon could be used ; however, he challenged ( @Ibarruri , in this case) has the right to choose his own weapon, unless the challenger gives his honour he is no swordsman; after which, however, he can decline any second species of weapon proposed by the challenged.

You wanted to challenge me and you will have your challenge, but it will not be on your terms.

It seems that what our antagoinists are best suited to use, due to the dignitiy & debility of their years, are bare fists or walking sticks.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
How you see it, is of no consequence. I did not challenge your allies or your servants.
You say that no one can force you to not use a champion. You are mistaken.
But no one can force you to duel me.

You were challenged to personal combat. You refused.
You truly are Ibarruri the namby-pamby.

You have proved to me and the world, that you have neither courage nor honor.
You will be hunted down like the treasonous dog you are.

Monica

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
How you see it, is of no consequence. I did not challenge your allies or your servants.
You say that no one can force you to not use a champion. You are mistaken.
But no one can force you to duel me.

You were challenged to personal combat. You refused.
You truly are Ibarruri the namby-pamby.

You have proved to me and the world, that you have neither courage nor honor.
You will be hunted down like the treasonous dog you are.

Monica

I always admired you, as a player. But in the last few months your insults towards me have grown to the offensive.
I know we have a history of conflict, because when Komodor was crowned, civil war broke out.
You always fought to prevent me from achieving my goals, despite which I respected your personal dignity.
But now that I almost felt like a retired player, I felt the call of the blood.
Do not make the mistake of believing that I have lost my former power.
Ibarruri is still ibarruri. And for what you have done I will punish you harshly.
You know my story and the things I did. I am not happily insulted without consequence.
If you want us to have another war like we had in the past we will have it.
I'm going to make you pay for everything you've said against me. You're going to suffer.
I will destroy your organization and break your soul.
I will take revenge for what you did to our government.
You're going to pay for all of Grendel. I will take my revenge.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I always admired you, as a player. But in the last few months your insults towards me have grown to the offensive.
I know we have a history of conflict, because when Komodor was crowned, civil war broke out.
You always fought to prevent me from achieving my goals, despite which I respected your personal dignity.
But now that I almost felt like a retired player, I felt the call of the blood.
Do not make the mistake of believing that I have lost my former power.
Ibarruri is still ibarruri. And for what you have done I will punish you harshly.
You know my story and the things I did. I am not happily insulted without consequence.
If you want us to have another war like we had in the past we will have it.
I'm going to make you pay for everything you've said against me. You're going to suffer.
I will destroy your organization and break your soul.
I will take revenge for what you did to our government.
You're going to pay for all of Grendel. I will take my revenge.
If you demand satisfaction for perceived insults, I am ready to meet you for personal combat ;)

Monica
Company of Tindrem

ooc: welcome back to the game

Reactions: Slarti Bartfast

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The so called emperor is nothing but a stinky bag of rotting bones. The stench that comes out from the tindremic gateways seems a never ending mist of filth that perches on the shoulders of fainting, tired and forgotten warriors exerting a huge weight, making them kneel.

Fabonius is just another beggar in the streets of Tindrem, a jester without jokes or songs, another empty vessel floating in the mist.

I support Ibarburi, not because hes false claims to defend a self proclaimed emperor over a dead one, and i don't see how he couldn't chose a champion to fight for him, after all theres no actual code for duel, specially if you haven't determined the rules prior the challenge.

I also bet a stack of muse fruit on ibarburi's triumph.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
ooc:

and i don't see how he couldn't chose a champion to fight for him, after all theres no actual code for duel, specially if you haven't determined the rules prior the challenge.
Simply because I challenged him, not his paid thugs. It is well known that I am a noob level pvp'er, and yet Ibarruri is such a coward that he would send some hired mercenary to duel me.
Honestly this nonsense about sending a champion to fight for him must be the result of watching too much game of thrones.

I also bet a stack of muse fruit on ibarburi's triumph.

You think he will succeed in "breaking my soul"? I was always a solo player, I have no organisation and never "suffered" or grieved when killed.
Mail Monica the stack of muse in tindrem please. lmao

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
ooc:

Simply because I challenged him, not his paid thugs. It is well known that I am a noob level pvp'er, and yet Ibarruri is such a coward that he would send some hired mercenary to duel me.
Honestly this nonsense about sending a champion to fight for him must be the result of watching too much game of thrones.

You think he will succeed in "breaking my soul"? I was always a solo player, I have no organisation and never "suffered" or grieved when killed.
Mail Monica the stack of muse in tindrem please. lmao

i will find your organisation terrorist and i will destroy!

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I was always a solo player, I have no organisation
i will find your organisation terrorist and i will destroy!
You are tilting at windmills.
Beside that, why would anyone fear a namby-pamby who does not even possess the courage to fight his own duels.

If somehow you find your courage, my original challenge to personal combat still stand.
I have nothing more to say on this matter.

Monica
Company of Tindrem
(a single player guild)