Door Interaction Timer (POLL)

Is the Door Interaction timer too long?

• Total voters

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I have quite a good knowledge about how koto operate... since im beta Kelly. SV does patch base on Koto comment nothing new. Like the patch they added loosing standing if u aggro a guard was koto sending 1000 private msg to devs crying about us killing 50 horse in 2 day and we didnt do it without reason.

They have such a huge number it give them power over patch/game development, specially when community or dev make poll vote.

After all i dont think any one should be mad about it because its ALWAYS been like this on mo... nothing new rly, numbers win even if its base on bad idee.

I voted for make it shorter because its the most intelligent thing to vote, base on my own opinion and not on my guild opinion. Personally I hate when I try to close the door and it start building... fix that.

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Im glad we can agree 100% safe zones should not exist. So lets get wardecs in town.

Also loved how it went from 6 votes to 80 for the "5 sec is fine" in one day after being 50+ against it for a week.

Like the organic community hates the 5 second door. Most of the people are tired of being inconvenienced every time they want to just use their house. You waste so many peoples time for that one chance out of a thousand to stop people from running in to houses which this did not even stop.

The funniest thing is that people are defending the 5 sec time even though it doesnt stop or hinder the use of running into houses. Removing keys with the door actually buffed house PvP. Its actually worse now because you dont know when the door will close on your know.

5 sec didnt fix any perceived issue and waste a whole bunch of bystanders time. Bobs who dont have a idea about the game were just told to submit GM complaints and brigade polls which they dont know anything about.
Trash graveyard farmers got put in their place kid, deal with it

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Trash graveyard farmers got put in their place kid, deal with it
No where near a graveyard (the nearest is 2 hours away), Im not running to my house away from PvP ( Im usually chasing others to theirs), and this 5 sec timer change made those grave yard PvPers stronger (Its harder for me to fight people who run to houses now). Everyone here that has issue with the 5 sec timer literally doesn't care what happens in meduli.

Every time you use the door you have to open and then close it. That's 10 seconds of the players life they are not getting back. Every time you want to see who owns a house its 5 seconds of your life you dont get back. Every time you want to open the chest its 5 seconds of your life you dont get back.

If you use a door 6 times, thats a minute of your life gone. compounding that when you accidentally start to build instead. Its just wasting peoples time. This game already waste a lot of your time with just traveling. You can add all the AFK time gated processes as well. Just using your house a couple of times compounds into all the wasted time you spend holding down one button in this game.

Reactions: Amadman

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
No where near a graveyard (the nearest is 2 hours away), Im not running to my house away from PvP ( Im usually chasing others to theirs), and this 5 sec timer change made those grave yard PvPers stronger (Its harder for me to fight people who run to houses now). Everyone here that has issue with the 5 sec timer literally doesn't care what happens in meduli.

Every time you use the door you have to open and then close it. That's 10 seconds of the players life they are not getting back. Every time you want to see who owns a house its 5 seconds of your life you dont get back. Every time you want to open the chest its 5 seconds of your life you dont get back.

If you use a door 6 times, thats a minute of your life gone. compounding that when you accidentally start to build instead. Its just wasting peoples time. This game already waste a lot of your time with just traveling. You can add all the AFK time gated processes as well. Just using your house a couple of times compounds into all the wasted time you spend holding down one button in this game.
So you keep your door open in real life and expect 1 second entry? It takes me more than 5 seconds to find my keys. Maybe you are the waste of time in this game, try fixing that

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So you keep your door open in real life and expect 1 second entry? It takes me more than 5 seconds to find my keys. Maybe you are the waste of time in this game, try fixing that
Really just strawmanning but ok. I usually do leave my door unlocked because I live in a rural area. Almost no one locks their doors or cars around here.

But when I did lock my door for the brief time I didn't live in a rural area I had my keys in my hand before I got to the door. IDK why would get out of your care and put your keys in your pocket only to take them out again.

I bet most people if they were being chased by a mob of people would have their keys already out and ready. opening a door isnt 5 sec.

Also this is a video game...

Why dont you argue against the post I made like how this 5 second didn't fix your perceived issue against house PvP and actually made it worse to fight against house PvP.

Very angry and upset post from you with very little substance and not even trying to have a good faith discussion. Just going around insulting people thinking that it makes others upset or wins your anything.

Merkaba

Apr 30, 2021
Imagine the graveyard “pvp players” upset about a mechanic that doesn’t let them just run in their house and hide
WOOP WOOP How about you imagine inconveniencing absolutely everyone in the server who doesn't live in Meduli because Kuthara couldn't outrun a Veela ganker. Cherry on top is that Kuthara liked your comment, COME AT ME HATER!

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Again, I didn't fail diplomacy. Before launch Kuthara is the one who messaged me and said "if you guys are ever around Meduli, we got your back". We fought some wars with KotO in MO1 and Kuthara and I were on good terms. So in my mind there was some kind of unspoken agreement we wouldn't be toxic to each others guilds but open pvp would be fine since we never spoke of an alliance. My guild has no alliance nor do we want one.

So from day one I told my guys not to grief koto or trash talk them, etc. We ran into them into the spider cave one day and they came at us with swords drawn. We intended to kill them anyway, but the point is there wasn't any confusion of them thinking we were friendly or anything. So we kill them. Next thing I know, they are ganking one of my guild members around Meduli while he is mining rocks and such. Told him he is on the "speshul list" that makes it ok for KotO to grief players around Meduli. We always let a solo KotO pass around Fab. Never ganked them.

Anyway, basically it was all just a misunderstanding on my fault and I feel quite dumb for it. When I messaged Kuthara to try to get it resolved (the solo ganking outside of town) he replied with 1-2 words and acted like he didn't give a fuck. So I told my guys kill them wherever they see them. Wiped them many more times in the spider cave the following days.

Its better this way. Its always been fun to fight zerg guilds. I didn't want to burn the bridge with KotO at launch because I figured the game would be successful and we would end up needing friends. But yeh, its not and we don't. If anything i owe an apology to my guild for letting so much potential loot pass.

So, you attack us, get attacked back, come onto the forums and cry about it?

I am not really sure where you are trying to go with this?

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Looks like a "call to arms" was done for a poll on a dead forum, LMAO. Lots of fresh accounts and unknown names on the list popped up it seems. People shouldn't be so blatant about it, it's highly unlikely after a week of the poll being up, that it's going to drastically change in favor to the other side in a day, it's a sign of pure brigading....for a forum the devs don't read.

You think this is a CTA? If that was the case then the figures would be vastly different. It is odd you are very happy when things are in your favour but when more people actually vote and it changes you call foul and make every excuse possible to invalidate it. KotO or not, more of the playerbase are voting. Who are you to say they are all wrong?

Thinking that the 20-40 people who had voted before represent the community is a joke.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
For every 1 person that uses the doors to escape there are probably

over 50 others this negatively effects that are not using it that way.

Its like using a sledge hammer to kill ants in your house.

The cost in collateral damage is not justified.

I think more will see the issue when tc is introduced and they start having to

open/close doors and chests repeatedly to process things.

There has to be a better solution to solve this issue.

Even having to put the code in every time would probably be better.

At least then you would be a factor in it taking as long as it does.

I would guess that they initially had it not need codes every time for Q.O.L.

But that pretty much goes out the window as it is currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah
Apr 11, 2021
Im glad we can agree 100% safe zones should not exist. So lets get wardecs in town.

Also loved how it went from 6 votes to 80 for the "5 sec is fine" in one day after being 50+ against it for a week.

Like the organic community hates the 5 second door. Most of the people are tired of being inconvenienced every time they want to just use their house. You waste so many peoples time for that one chance out of a thousand to stop people from running in to houses which this did not even stop.

The funniest thing is that people are defending the 5 sec time even though it doesnt stop or hinder the use of running into houses. Removing keys with the door actually buffed house PvP. Its actually worse now because you dont know when the door will close on your know.

5 sec didnt fix any perceived issue and waste a whole bunch of bystanders time. Bobs who dont have a idea about the game were just told to submit GM complaints and brigade polls which they dont know anything about.
So what your saying is if your part of a big guild or alliance you don't represent the community. According to you you have to live in gk or next to the fab graveyard then your part of the "community." So what exactly in your opinion makes a person able to vote on this to make it "organic" because I've been play a long time and the 20 people who voted on it before claiming "the community has spoken" don't speak for me.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
You think this is a CTA? If that was the case then the figures would be vastly different. It is odd you are very happy when things are in your favour but when more people actually vote and it changes you call foul and make every excuse possible to invalidate it. KotO or not, more of the playerbase are voting. Who are you to say they are all wrong?

Thinking that the 20-40 people who had voted before represent the community is a joke.
I'm sure 70+ votes appearing out of thin air in a matter of a day and a half is pure coincidence, especially on a forum where there's barely a handful of actives people at any given time. I'm sure the bunch of new or inactive accounts that solely decided to become active and join the forum in the past 1 - 2 days is pure coincidence too.

We never attacked your guys. Your guys attacked us in colored forest spider cave, and you guys became loot bags. The next day your guys cried and griefed one of ours in Meduli while trying to fish, collect sea dew and while fighting Skif. Claiming we were on the KOS list, for "GY griefing" apparently. Which is odd, since no GY griefing happened ever, just your guys losing a single fight in a dungeon...which your guys initiated.

Reactions: Tzone

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It has nothing to do with koto and e erythinf to do with the direct result of basement dwellers playing the game like a battleground royale and not like an RPG.

I'm just curious, what exactly do you mean by "playing the game like an RPG"?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

20-40 people that obviously don't represent the entire community, you would have to be stupid to think that. But those 20-40 represent a diversity of gamestyles and opinions not a guild full of simpletons that repeat what they are being told.

Its fine you tell the kids playing in your group to create forum accounts to mass zerg a forum thread, that has to be one of the most pitiful things ive seen in this forum.

Btw even the votes u pulled off don't represent anything whatsoever as far as i know it could be you kuthara having a mental breakdance and creating 40 new accounts just to justify that stupid ass interaction timer increase. I mean really guys, mass reporting, mass voting? What are we 10 year old kid with issues?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
So what your saying is if your part of a big guild or alliance you don't represent the community. According to you you have to live in gk or next to the fab graveyard then your part of the "community." So what exactly in your opinion makes a person able to vote on this to make it "organic" because I've been play a long time and the 20 people who voted on it before claiming "the community has spoken" don't speak for me.
They do represent the community in certain degree and definitely not the mayority. But how could i blame KOTO for mass reporting in bad faith for adding garbage content when its obviously SV's fault for letting this happen.

It's like blaming the players for exploiting bad design, how could i be mad with them tho, the only thing they know is to zerg, can't ask much else tho its just repetition game.

A valuable poll would be one that everyone in the community knows it exists and choose to participate, then entire guilds should be represented by one voter, not a bunch of simpletons mass voting to "win" on something.

Voting in this forum is a tool thats used most of the times in good faith to give the people that actually use the forums the chance to share their point of view, its validity is only referential and subjet to debate, not the absolute truth and concensus of the community, don't be naive.
Now someone i'm koto thought it would be fun to zerg in forums, crippling any attempt of debate on a stupid feature and its shady ass context.

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
They do represent the community in certain degree and definitely not the mayority. But how could i blame KOTO for mass reporting in bad faith for adding garbage content when its obviously SV's fault for letting this happen.

It's like blaming the players for exploiting bad design, how could i be mad with them tho, the only thing they know is to zerg, can't ask much else tho its just repetition game.

A valuable poll would be one that everyone in the community knows it exists and choose to participate, then entire guilds should be represented by one voter, not a bunch of simpletons mass voting to "win" on something.

Voting in this forum is a tool thats used most of the times in good faith to give the people that actually use the forums the chance to share their point of view, its validity is only referential and subjet to debate, not the absolute truth and concensus of the community, don't be naive.
Now someone i'm koto thought it would be fun to zerg in forums, crippling any attempt of debate on a stupid feature and its shady ass context.
Lol, a vote doesn’t go your way and now you want to change the parameters in how people are allowed to vote. I found the simpleton

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

It did ?

Weird because I dont see them anymore around town. Maybe you mean the few i chased into the water though with their crapfest dolphin builds. Seems like the buffs are pretty effective to me.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I'm just curious, what exactly do you mean by "playing the game like an RPG"?

A roleplaying game. If you roleplay a sh**ter..you going to get shi* on.

If a person thinks this game is about RPK'ing everyone you see they picked the wrong genre. Devs have made it clear the blue cities will be safe and not easy for griefing. That there will be consequences for being s murder hobo as there woukd be in a real world. But people come in here like they playing PUBG then cry about the guards killing murderers and cry how they should be able to murder and hide in a house at throwing distance from town with no repurcussion or justice.

Just like IRL... if you go around murdering everyone, you're gonna have a bad time. You roleplay a killer, expect the role playing world to hunt you down.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It did ?

Weird because I dont see them anymore around town. Maybe you mean the few i chased into the water though with their crapfest dolphin builds. Seems like the buffs are pretty effective to me.
Maybe look at the pop lol. Most people playing v rising.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You roleplay a killer, expect the role playing world to hunt you down.
You don't get hunted down by humanoid robots though. Not yet.
Oh and i'm pretty sure medieval towns had enough murderers and scum of all sorts.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020

Lmao nice response.

If you read the thread, I was called out twice. So I was explaining what happened. Nobody is crying.

Your reply proves my point more though.

Last edited: