Door Interaction Timer (POLL)

Is the Door Interaction timer too long?

• Total voters

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Nah, I tried to find a resolution. The leader of KotO didn't care enough, so neither did I. I just regret telling my guys to not grief them or kos at launch. Was a misunderstanding on my part.

Decent assumption though I suppose.
Thats what happen when you try to be a zerg's lil bitch i was drowning koto in the docks since day 1 damn those noobs sink like a rock.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
5 seconds is good enough, stops all the griefers and exploiters and doing their thing
You mean i can now grief people inside their houses :p
Except some houses that are protected by guards i guess they pay SV a lil cash under the table or something, just like old ID days.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
What happened to the poll lmao? Last time i checked it was overwhelmingly in favor of shorter timers. Who on earth wants to spend 5 seconds opening a door, then 5 seconds closing it? It doesn't really solve any problems and is annoying to everyone. The solution is worse than the problem.

Reactions: Amadman

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
What happened to the poll lmao? Last time i checked it was overwhelmingly in favor of shorter timers. Who on earth wants to spend 5 seconds opening a door, then 5 seconds closing it? It doesn't really solve any problems and is annoying to everyone. The solution is worse than the problem.
Apparently you are wrong and it’s not annoying to everyone.

Apr 11, 2021
Idk what kind of problems you have with griefers near towns. My assets are not close to Town.

My problem is doing content near my house, be it PvE or PvP and my house offers 0 protection because its either 5 sec to open the door or close the door, So what you are asking as a Zerg is a 100% of success, you want it to be impossible to seek safety in someones home, Hell you even want to be able to break down someones door - Why? Because you want them to have no escape because YOU want 100% success.

If a griefer is close to your town and escaping to his house and you (KOTO) with all your numbers cant figure out to block his door when he leaves the house well then thats a l2p issue im afraid. And this kind of foresight goes to normal pvp as well - you shouldnt ask for a such a wheelchair mechanic when you can get around this by having over 80 iq
Why do you want a 100% safe zone? Like do you want instance houses? Might as well. Dude wants to play a full loot pvp game but wants a safe zone.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Why do you want a 100% safe zone? Like do you want instance houses? Might as well. Dude wants to play a full loot pvp game but wants a safe zone.
Don't be retarded lil nublet, you can't teleport inside a house or bypass wilderness travelling to get into one, so i don't see how it could be safe, you mean people inside of it are safe?
Its hard to say why would this wonderful company think longer open-close timers is beneficial to anyone but the ones wanting to break in.

I did play quite a bit of house-gate PVP and all of the times was to get some refuge from zergs. Shorter house door timer benefits the user while longer benefits the attacker.

Do we really wanna benefit more the zergmode? So people that invested into houses can't even use em properly?

SV kids shoulda thought about house placement b4 letting people do it next to town or creature spawns.

Now we get features added without seccond thought pushed by zergs to benefit zerg mode, this is like MO1 when guilds like ID asked for favors to SV and they would grant them without seccond thought.

They never learn, then they let simpletons like kuthara suggest stupid ass changes lmao. This company si doomed, never seen people so challenged in my life.

To be honest here, houses were one of the few features that could help solo and small groups daily tasks by increasing the survivability by using refugee in the wilderness. Now it's ment so the attackers can actually get into a house and you can even exploit out cuz these morons never fixed it and good luck proving someone is glitching out without vídeo proof.

And if its safety the argument why not remove doors or have features ingame that would let people get in. Now in the name of balance we get retarded interaction timers good for zerglings and guarded houses next to town, great moronic monkey features.

Last edited:

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Don't be retarded lil nublet, you can't teleport inside a house or bypass wilderness travelling to get into one, so i don't see how it could be safe, you mean people inside of it are safe?
Its hard to say why would this wonderful company think longer open-close timers is beneficial to anyone but the ones wanting to break in.

I did play quite a bit of house-gate PVP and all of the times was to get some refuge from zergs. Shorter house door timer benefits the user while longer benefits the attacker.

Do we really wanna benefit more the zergmode? So people that invested into houses can't even use em properly?

SV kids shoulda thought about house placement b4 letting people do it next to town or creature spawns.

Now we get features added without seccond thought pushed by zergs to benefit zerg mode, this is like MO1 when guilds like ID asked for favors to SV and they would grant them without seccond thought.

They never learn, then they let simpletons like kuthara suggest stupid ass changes lmao. This company si doomed, never seen people so challenged in my life.

To be honest here, houses were one of the few features that could help solo and small groups daily tasks by increasing the survivability by using refugee in the wilderness. Now it's ment so the attackers can actually get into a house and you can even exploit out cuz these morons never fixed it and good luck proving someone is glitching out without vídeo proof.

And if its safety the argument why not remove doors por have features ingame that would let people get in. Now in the name of balance we get retarded interaction timers good for zerglings and guarded houses next to town, great moronic monkey features.
It doesn’t sound like you’re built for online gaming, may I suggest solitaire? It seems more fitting for your play style

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It doesn’t sound like you’re built for online gaming, may I suggest solitaire? It seems more fitting for your play style

Lol u landed in MO2 10 minutes ago and telling me what should i play? Damn kid been evicting noobs like you since MO1 early days.
If you don't have anything to say then don't speak, what's next you gonna say "bring UO law system"?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

And if its safety the argument why not remove doors por have features ingame that would let people get in. Now in the name of balance we get retarded interaction timers good for zerglings and guarded houses next to town, great moronic monkey features.

Sheeesh... dude you are just toxic af. Its no wonder you're a sh**ter.. calling people "retard" and getting RL mad over a game for someone having a different opinion. Ridiculously childish.

Tell me what's the difference in your 3-10 man edgelord group killing some guy transporting seburra imto town vs a 20 man "ZeRgLiNg" group wiping your grief squad? Nothing...theres no difference zergling, your groups just smaller and weaker.

The guards kill us KotO too. I just died to guards the other day. Hell we have screenshots of dreadlords calling guards on us when we were destroying their house. The guards dont discriminate. Your entire argument about favors is just gaslighting BS. The houses now guarded by guards are all sh**ter houses, not KotO houses which are mostly at our keep, jungle and forested areas with strongholds around the map.

The reality here is your angry you cant grief noobs and miners. If you really wanted guardless pvp you would live out of Kranesh.. but no, you can hear a pin drop in kranesh because you and your ilk rely on the safety of town guards just as much as everyone else.

Every time you post so negatively like this its an embarrassment to the community the game is 50% losing its base due to content delays and 50% due to players like you.

Last edited:

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Lol u landed in MO2 10 minutes ago and telling me what should i play? Damn kid been evicting noobs like you since MO1 early days.
If you don't have anything to say then don't speak, what's next you gonna say "bring UO law system"?
Sounds like you’ve been hurt by video games for a long time friend, maybe it’s time you evict yourself

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Nah, 90% of blues i dont even bat an eye at. But if you're on the list...well.. i think someone answered for you. Your guild leader failed diplomacy.
Again, I didn't fail diplomacy. Before launch Kuthara is the one who messaged me and said "if you guys are ever around Meduli, we got your back". We fought some wars with KotO in MO1 and Kuthara and I were on good terms. So in my mind there was some kind of unspoken agreement we wouldn't be toxic to each others guilds but open pvp would be fine since we never spoke of an alliance. My guild has no alliance nor do we want one.

So from day one I told my guys not to grief koto or trash talk them, etc. We ran into them into the spider cave one day and they came at us with swords drawn. We intended to kill them anyway, but the point is there wasn't any confusion of them thinking we were friendly or anything. So we kill them. Next thing I know, they are ganking one of my guild members around Meduli while he is mining rocks and such. Told him he is on the "speshul list" that makes it ok for KotO to grief players around Meduli. We always let a solo KotO pass around Fab. Never ganked them.

Anyway, basically it was all just a misunderstanding on my fault and I feel quite dumb for it. When I messaged Kuthara to try to get it resolved (the solo ganking outside of town) he replied with 1-2 words and acted like he didn't give a fuck. So I told my guys kill them wherever they see them. Wiped them many more times in the spider cave the following days.

Its better this way. Its always been fun to fight zerg guilds. I didn't want to burn the bridge with KotO at launch because I figured the game would be successful and we would end up needing friends. But yeh, its not and we don't. If anything i owe an apology to my guild for letting so much potential loot pass.

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Sheeesh... dude you are just toxic af. Its no wonder you're a sh**ter.. calling people "retard" and getting RL mad over a game for someone having a different opinion. Ridiculously childish.

Tell me what's the difference in your 3-10 man edgelord group killing some guy transporting seburra imto town vs a 20 man "ZeRgLiNg" group wiping your grief squad? Nothing...theres no difference zergling, your groups just smaller and weaker.

The guards kill us KotO too. I just died to guards the other day. Hell we have screenshots of dreadlords calling guards on us when we were destroying their house. The guards dont discriminate. Your entire argument about favors is just gaslighting BS. The houses now guarded by guards are all sh**ter houses, not KotO houses which are mostly at our keep, jungle and forested areas with strongholds around the map.

The reality here is your angry you cant grief noobs and miners. If you really wanted guardless pvp you would live out of Kranesh.. but no, you can hear a pin drop in kranesh because you and your ilk rely on the safety of town guards just as much as everyone else.

Every time you post so negatively like this its an embarrassment to the community the game is 50% losing its base due to content delays and 50% due to players like you.

I'm not mad my nublet friend. Next time i'll try to find a less offensive word if that really affects you and your zergling congeneres.

Different opinions are good for the game, stupid people saying stupid shit ain't.
Favors from SV to players or guilds aint good for the game either and i can talk with experience because ive seen this in the previous version of the game and see it now.

You are asumming way too many things that you don't know about me or my gameplay just to serve your narrow minded perspective and complete lack of dialogue capacity.
People like your kin think that repeating the same shit will make it real or valid.

Guards do discriminate thats their only purpose. Regardless SV making a geographic playground near meduli protected by request of a big noob guild the things being discussed here are valid beyond your need to win something.

I can still get miners and gatherers, yesterday i got 2 stacks of wood from a pyre poor fuck and a few stacks of granum from randoms.
I don't have to live in kranesh, not only the game's vision" also the design lets me play wherever i want with more or less tedious mechanics.
I do play in guarded and guardless zones im definitely not locked to a single gamestyle, i take advantage of the safety as anyone else does, i don't see how precisely that has anything to do with this debate.

But i do not like or justify shitty development like you and the other hillbilly zergling friends, not only flexing ingame by cheesing keeps, but also zerging on opinions by repeating some dumb's cunt idea.

Many things are being discussed in this thread and most of you are completly unable to debate and say something it's not inherited speech, i honestly feel sorry for the poor fuckers that repeat what they are being told. The lack of actual debate regarding these problematics is bad for the game.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Again, I didn't fail diplomacy. Before launch Kuthara is the one who messaged me and said "if you guys are ever around Meduli, we got your back". We fought some wars with KotO in MO1 and Kuthara and I were on good terms. So in my mind there was some kind of unspoken agreement we wouldn't be toxic to each others guilds but open pvp would be fine since we never spoke of an alliance. My guild has no alliance nor do we want one.

So from day one I told my guys not to grief koto or trash talk them, etc. We ran into them into the spider cave one day and they came at us with swords drawn. We intended to kill them anyway, but the point is there wasn't any confusion of them thinking we were friendly or anything. So we kill them. Next thing I know, they are ganking one of my guild members around Meduli while he is mining rocks and such. Told him he is on the "speshul list" that makes it ok for KotO to grief players around Meduli. We always let a solo KotO pass around Fab. Never ganked them.
Same we fought with koto in a MO1 server war and they couldn't handle it and disbanded. Then i saw them griefing people in MO2 meduli and started drowning them lmao, i love how easy is to corrupt these "good guys".

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I'm not mad my nublet friend. Next time i'll try to find a less offensive word if that really affects you and your zergling congeneres.

Different opinions are good for the game, stupid people saying stupid shit ain't.
Favors from SV to players or guilds aint good for the game either and i can talk with experience because ive seen this in the previous version of the game and see it now.

You are asumming way too many things that you don't know about me or my gameplay just to serve your narrow minded perspective and complete lack of dialogue capacity.
People like your kin think that repeating the same shit will make it real or valid.

Guards do discriminate thats their only purpose. Regardless SV making a geographic playground near meduli protected by request of a big noob guild the things being discussed here are valid beyond your need to win something.

I can still get miners and gatherers, yesterday i got 2 stacks of wood from a pyre poor fuck and a few stacks of granum from randoms.
I don't have to live in kranesh, not only the game's vision" also the design lets me play wherever i want with more or less tedious mechanics.
I do play in guarded and guardless zones im definitely not locked to a single gamestyle, i take advantage of the safety as anyone else does, i don't see how precisely that has anything to do with this debate.

But i do not like or justify shitty development like you and the other hillbilly zergling friends, not only flexing ingame by cheesing keeps, but also zerging on opinions by repeating some dumb's cunt idea.

Many things are being discussed in this thread and most of you are completly unable to debate and say something it's not inherited speech, i honestly feel sorry for the poor fuckers that repeat what they are being told. The lack of actual debate regarding these problematics is bad for the game.

Prove it tough guy. Prove KotO has some special agreement with the devs or stfu. Bragging in here about wiping a 5 man clothos group 😅

Because as far as I know, the first day the guards command got implemented we(a small handful of bored members dinking around in the gy and outskirts of town) were getting wiped by guards and we were openly against it. Then the community (mostly every person and guild residing in Meduli) as a whole... complained about the accessive griefing around meduli.. like 4-5 separate edgelord groups did/do nothing but attacked every single player they see leaving or entering town or GY. I couldnt even go collect a few Bor without having my horse shot at. Of course then, being a large powerful guild we began in large numbers, obliterating all of the sh**ters. With many innocent parties caught in the crossfire. Then the broken red priest crap happened (also negatively effecting koto as half of us are actively criminal from constant war/skirmishes.) Making noobs and pve focused players hug the town tighter who went on discord and forums complaining even more about the ganking. You basically had to be in the coalition to exist in Meduli. Blues and small guilds just got shat on by griefers. It was not koto that plead for more guards we even chat about how ridiculous some of it is.

So there it is. It was bad decision by dev design starting with the door problem which, let's be real, was utter rubbish killing then hiding in invicible houses right outside town. And ending with guards being placed everywhere. A huge number of smaller groups quit the game because of groups playing the game like a FPS and not an RPG, killing every player they see not allied.

Regardless of it all, the vision of the game stated and outlined clearly by Henrik is that blue cities should and will be safe havens.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021

And if its safety the argument why not remove doors or have features ingame that would let people get in. Now in the name of balance we get retarded interaction timers good for zerglings and guarded houses next to town, great moronic monkey features.
It's OK I get it your feelings are hurt you have to pvp and it's harder to have your safe space, but I want you to know your feelings are valid.

Attachments

• Blog-Post-Facebook-Images.018-1024x533.jpeg
    Blog-Post-Facebook-Images.018-1024x533.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Prove it tough guy. Prove KotO has some special agreement with the devs or stfu. Bragging in here about wiping a 5 man clothos group 😅

Because as far as I know, the first day the guards command got implemented we(a small handful of bored members dinking around in the gy and outskirts of town) were getting wiped by guards and we were openly against it. Then the community (mostly every person and guild residing in Meduli) as a whole... complained about the accessive griefing around meduli.. like 4-5 separate edgelord groups did/do nothing but attacked every single player they see leaving or entering town or GY. I couldnt even go collect a few Bor without having my horse shot at. Of course then, being a large powerful guild we began in large numbers, obliterating all of the sh**ters. With many innocent parties caught in the crossfire. Then the broken red priest crap happened (also negatively effecting koto as half of us are actively criminal from constant war/skirmishes.) Making noobs and pve focused players hug the town tighter who went on discord and forums complaining even more about the ganking. You basically had to be in the coalition to exist in Meduli. Blues and small guilds just got shat on by griefers. It was not koto that plead for more guards we even chat about how ridiculous some of it is.

So there it is. It was bad decision by dev design starting with the door problem which, let's be real, was utter rubbish killing then hiding in invicible houses right outside town. And ending with guards being placed everywhere. A huge number of smaller groups quit the game because of groups playing the game like a FPS and not an RPG, killing every player they see not allied.

Regardless of it all, the vision of the game stated and outlined clearly by Henrik is that blue cities should and will be safe havens.
I can't prove it or am i willing to, i can only hope SV is not dumb enough let some zerglings mass report to add guards that fit their gamestyle. I know they did it before so i don't see why they wouldnt do it again.
Btw i'm completly un-affiliated with that guild and i havent been part of that event so i'm not braggging about something i wasn't part of 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exesive griefing report in meduli translstes to graveyard and house guards i guess.

Houses shouldn't be let next to towns if SV didn't want pvp to exist around town, i find it absolutly hideous they would think that as a solution to their own mistakes and poor choices.
If you don't wanna get killed by the resident of an area then get away, if you can't catch em before they are safe its on you.
Now instead of measuring the distances and knowing your fighting and chasing capacity end up justifying larger interaction timers for closing/opening doors because they give you a 5s Grace period to zerg the fuck out whoever goes into a house.

To be honest i think thats the point of a house, its the strategic advantage to retreat, regear and prepare. Fighting people right next to their house would seem a silly thing to do in the first place.

Yes i do consider houses should have shorter interaction timer, they benefit more small crews and solo players rather than zergs.
I think its a really bad and silly way to balance anything, bigger and elemental problematics should be considered instead, like the design and disposition of towns regarding valuable materials.

You have resources in town, a bunch of saburra, a graveyard and houses under the sight of guards, what a great game design to encourage the exploration of an emtpy world.

Last edited:

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Looks like a "call to arms" was done for a poll on a dead forum, LMAO. Lots of fresh accounts and unknown names on the list popped up it seems. People shouldn't be so blatant about it, it's highly unlikely after a week of the poll being up, that it's going to drastically change in favor to the other side in a day, it's a sign of pure brigading....for a forum the devs don't read.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I can't prove it or am i willing to, i can only hope SV is not dumb enough let some zerglings mass report to add guards that fit their gamestyle. I know they did it before so i don't see why they wouldnt do it again.
Btw i'm completly un-affiliated with that guild and i havent been part of that event so i'm not braggging about something i wasn't part of 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exesive griefing report in meduli translstes to graveyard and house guards i guess.

Houses shouldn't be let next to towns if SV didn't want pvp to exist around town, i find it absolutly hideous they would think that as a solution to their own mistakes and poor choices.
If you don't wanna get killed by the resident of an area then get away, if you can't catch em before they are safe its on you.
Now instead of measuring the distances and knowing your fighting and chasing capacity end up justifying larger interaction timers for closing/opening doors because they give you a 5s Grace period to zerg the fuck out whoever goes into a house.

To be honest i think thats the point of a house, its the strategic advantage to retreat, regear and prepare. Fighting people right next to their house would seem a silly thing to do in the first place.

Yes i do consider houses should have shorter interaction timer, they benefit more small crews and solo players rather than zergs.
I think its a really bad and silly way to balance anything, bigger and elemental problematics should be considered instead, like the design and disposition of towns regarding valuable materials.

You have resources in town, a bunch of saburra, a graveyard and houses under the sight of guards, what a great game design to encourage the exploration of an emtpy world.

So you have no evidence, just blatent hollow accusations? 🤣The guards are there because of the sh**ters and the rage from noobs and small guilds.

The problem wasnt the instant closing of doors. Rather. A combination of the doors and how close the houses were to the town and GY along with a priest being right there. So they nerfed the priests then they added the guards.

It has nothing to do with koto and e erythinf to do with the direct result of basement dwellers playing the game like a battleground royale and not like an RPG.

Also, No one in koto has a house next to meduli. We have 1 stronghold there but its out of guard range.

Weird none of you cried when they added more guards to tindrem...🤷‍♂️

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im glad we can agree 100% safe zones should not exist. So lets get wardecs in town.

Also loved how it went from 6 votes to 80 for the "5 sec is fine" in one day after being 50+ against it for a week.

Like the organic community hates the 5 second door. Most of the people are tired of being inconvenienced every time they want to just use their house. You waste so many peoples time for that one chance out of a thousand to stop people from running in to houses which this did not even stop.

The funniest thing is that people are defending the 5 sec time even though it doesnt stop or hinder the use of running into houses. Removing keys with the door actually buffed house PvP. Its actually worse now because you dont know when the door will close on your know.

5 sec didnt fix any perceived issue and waste a whole bunch of bystanders time. Bobs who dont have a idea about the game were just told to submit GM complaints and brigade polls which they dont know anything about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae