Fish encyclopedia

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
how's this for a record? didn't see a listing for calxfish.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Aitan

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
like i said previously im convinced that the size is purely rng nothing more i get super small and giant size fish at the exact same setup and time of day also doesnt seem to matter for size.

ps dont wanna spoil the fun.
pps fishing is good u can do it with one hand...:sneaky:

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
like i said previously im convinced that the size is purely rng nothing more i get super small and giant size fish at the exact same setup and time of day also doesnt seem to matter for size.

ps dont wanna spoil the fun.
pps fishing is good u can do it with one hand...:sneaky:
Yeah it is entirely rng from a a min size to max size for each fish. For example you will get anything from 100g to 2000g (10u - 200u) of Lesser Thalnass. That range is for a lot of fish. Getting the right set up or a set up that works will only give you a rng roll from it's min to max size

Reactions: Gabriel

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
So this is the list of all the fishes I'm aware of:
Black Creft, Black Whiskerfish, Blood Kua, Blue Sorex, Blue Squirt, Boarfish, Brown Clam, Brown Nurook, Calxfish, Canna, Cavefish, Cristula, Cuprum Creft, Dark Catfish, Kelp Dragon, Giant Gutta, Gutta, Hammer Creft, Herbeus, Laake, Labrum, Lesser Thalassa Snake, Moon Cup, Pond Viper, Red Squilla, Sand Ray, Scarlett Wormster, Silk Ray, Skullhead, Skull Kua, Snapping Turtle, Trudis, Twig, Venom Cup, Ventriosus, Water Scorpion.

Out of all of those i'm only missing to catch the Scarlett Wormster, has anyone catch that one yet or any other that i'm missing on my list?

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
So this is the list of all the fishes I'm aware of:
Black Creft, Black Whiskerfish, Blood Kua, Blue Sorex, Blue Squirt, Boarfish, Brown Clam, Brown Nurook, Calxfish, Canna, Cavefish, Cristula, Cuprum Creft, Dark Catfish, Kelp Dragon, Giant Gutta, Gutta, Hammer Creft, Herbeus, Laake, Labrum, Lesser Thalassa Snake, Moon Cup, Pond Viper, Red Squilla, Sand Ray, Scarlett Wormster, Silk Ray, Skullhead, Skull Kua, Snapping Turtle, Trudis, Twig, Venom Cup, Ventriosus, Water Scorpion.

Out of all of those i'm only missing to catch the Scarlett Wormster, has anyone catch that one yet or any other that i'm missing on my list?
Still need to catch some of those i see..btw beside calxfish which other are valuable for alch or cooking?

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Still need to catch some of those i see..btw beside calxfish which other are valuable for alch or cooking?
For alchemy many of them are not implemented yet, they are going to need the snakes, vipers, venomcups... kelp dragon and dark catfish may be also valuable but they need further testing and lores.
For cooking, black whiskerfish, cavefish, kelp dragon, silk ray, skull kua, blood kua and dark catfish for sure are worth it.
For dyes later on things like blue squirt are going to be needed.
So there is going to be plenty of things to do with the fishes is just that they are not yet implemented or we haven't discovered them yet.

eugeni

Mar 27, 2022
Takes way too long to pull in a fish,it’s not fun on a psychological nor a physical level. Catching large fish so much harder, then stack on top of that the jungle camp strong fish line and hooks, and it’s just insulting. STOP BEING AHOLES AND PUT THE STRONG LINE LARGE HOOKS IN Toxai and Meduli Catch size for size 5 too small, yet another unnecessary nerf. Too much junk fish catching even at depth, specialty baits not exclusive enough, lead to too much junk fish. Its as if someone who hated fishing made this system. fishingverge

Last edited:

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Where did you heard about Scarlett Wormster? Afaik no body has it on their catch list.
I would like to know as well. I think its in the main alchemy discord that people started talking about it since my guild alchs are now asking me to give them some like its some casual grocery store visit.

Kaa

Mar 20, 2022
This is precisely of what iam talking about. I dont want to know all the secrets. I do like to explore and figure shit out by myself and i do. With all that i said it is still just soul crushingly bad.

It is funny how all of the elitist assholes in every damn thing in this world immediately thinks that everyone needs to know all the secrets in one seccond. This is not about that at all.

It is just bad the way fishing is now. Reeling small fishes takes way too long.

I'll tell you a secret, if you don't like doing something in the game, you don't have to do it. But there is always another way - to express your dissatisfaction, to demand that others do as you want. I call it whimsy and infantile

Gabriel

Feb 12, 2022
Where did you heard about Scarlett Wormster? Afaik no body has it on their catch list.
Isn't the Scarlett Wormster a sarducaan fish? That explains the name Scarlett.

I would like to know as well. I think its in the main alchemy discord that people started talking about it since my guild alchs are now asking me to give them some like its some casual grocery store visit.
Was probably a great alchemy ingredient in MO1. There is a ton of mobs in Sarducaa that has Scarlet as it's first name.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Isn't the Scarlett Wormster a sarducaan fish? That explains the name Scarlett.

Was probably a great alchemy ingredient in MO1. There is a ton of mobs in Sarducaa that has Scarlet as it's first name.

Yep maybe it isn't in the game yet, i wonder if there is still some fish left to discover then, Henrik keeps telling on his streams that yes but i'm starting to have my doubts...

Do you know, what lore for Dragon Kelp and which materials are from it?
Acanthopterygii for the meat, pansar scales for the scales, you get those two items when butchering them

Last edited:

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
dragon kelp doesnt work with any zoology, no acanthopterygii/zoology skill gain.

scarlett wormster was in mo1 never caught it tho, should be a non sarducca fish