Why does SV hate PvPers?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
So people too lazy to do the thing that would stop this from happening and then are surprised that it is happening?
surprised-pikachu.gif
Stop what from happening?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Updated for clarity.
Ehh so why would you want to run parcels now? Any GvG is enough to give you 5 murdercounts and parcels don't reduce those. And since red priests are now 40 minutes away from towns being a delivery boy won't do anything for you. So, you build a house closer to your chosen respawn point and start killing newbs, which you wouldn't do before because every noob you'd kill would mean having to run a parcel.

Reactions: Tzone
D

Dracu

So people too lazy to do the thing that would stop this from happening (parcels) and then are surprised that it is happening?
surprised-pikachu.gif
rep (parcels) and murdercounts(8h online time per murdercount) are seperate
To reduce 1 murdercount you have to stay online 8 hours, if you get another murdercount the 8 hours reset + the 1 murdercount

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Why can't they do shit about it exactly? Are there guards protecting griefers or something?

What are you supposed to do when one of the elven dudes with max dex comes along, kills your pet and runs away? Bonus points when you are just gathering stuff and probably don't have weapons with you anyways.

And what are newbies supposed to do against way better geared/skilled people that decide they are so bored they go raid a graveyard?

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
What are you supposed to do when one of the elven dudes with max dex comes along, kills your pet and runs away? Bonus points when you are just gathering stuff and probably don't have weapons with you anyways.
He doesn't get MC for killing your pet though. The priest change will not help you against this guy. It will promote this kind of behaviour if anything.
And why exactly don't you have weapons with you? Why don't you have friends with you?

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
He doesn't get MC for killing your pet though. The priest change will not help you against this guy. It will promote this kind of behaviour if anything.
And why exactly don't you have weapons with you? Why don't you have friends with you?

I am not talking about me. I was never bothered much by any of my "pvp" interactions. It just strikes me as really weird system that will ultimatively lead to the game bleeding fresh meat. I am actually interested in the games health because a game like this without players is kinda ... dull.

Yes, it doesn't get them a MC, which makes it even worse and more obvious griefing. With a MC they at least have some form of punishment.

On another note, I don't know about you, but me and my friends have lives and are not all the time online at the same time. It might also be slightly boring for everyone involved if they just stand around while one guy mines some ore or something. If we are together we usually do more interesting stuff than this. I also have not seen a single "group" running around for gathering purposes so far, which would suggest that this is commonly done solo.

Jan 28, 2022

First of all why would ever NOT carry a weapon? My dude, if you're not standing next to a guard you're fair game. Watch your surroundings. If he attacks your horse you can attack him. His 10% speed boost only last 10 seconds. Yes, the +3% speed +15% stam regen skill lasts 20 seconds? But you should have a ranged attack as well as close range.

Having said that, I agree it's annoying.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
On another note, I don't know about you, but me and my friends have lives and are not all the time online at the same time. It might also be slightly boring for everyone involved if they just stand around while one guy mines some ore or something. If we are together we usually do more interesting stuff than this. I also have not seen a single "group" running around, gathering so far, which would suggest that this is commonly done solo.
Well join a bigger guild then. I'm often going alone too, but you shouldn't complain about being killed if you do so.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
First of all why would ever NOT carry a weapon? My dude, if you're not standing next to a guard you're fair game. Watch your surroundings. If he attacks your horse you can attack him. His 10% speed boost only last 10 seconds. Yes, the +3% speed +15% stam regen skill lasts 20 seconds? But you should have a ranged attack as well as close range.

Having said that, I agree it's annoying.

How do you manage to pay attention to the game nonstop if you do something boring as mining? Plus, you can't even look around while doing so.

Additionally, I am not a perfect shot, especially not while moving. I doubt many people are nor that any of them are newer players.

Well join a bigger guild then. I'm often going alone too, but you shouldn't complain about being killed if you do so.

Have you even read what I wrote? I don't care if someone kills me, I get shit for free anyways. My issue is griefing, especially less experienced players.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Have you even read what I wrote? I don't care if someone kills me, I get shit for free anyways. My issue is griefing, especially less experienced players.
There really isn't much of a difference. Someone wants to kill your pet and you fail to prevent it, that is a PvP situation like or not. Get friends, have weapons, and gid gud eventually.

Jan 28, 2022
How do you manage to pay attention to the game nonstop if you do something boring as mining? Plus, you can't even look around while doing so.

Congrats, you played yourself and answered your own question.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
I don't feel like confronting this entire post or the others like it, but I would like to provide some altered perspective.

With /duel added, there was a fight club of PvP for several hours outside of Fabernum.

I think "PvPer" is being misused. I think lots of PvP can happen without any form of MC risk. What you are all doing (empire building, politics, group battles) is definitely a form of PvP, but, not the only one. There are options to play and literally PvP all day without ever becoming a murderer.

They need better war / group fighting mechanics around for sure, but... yeah.

PvP is not just killing things all day in the wilds, or epic group fights with high stakes, it can also be tournaments, fight clubs, duels, and be otherwise structured.

So SV doesn't hate PvPers, they are coming down hard on people who harm new players and who KOS openly without thought, and the unfortunate byproduct is that Empire and Warring guilds are affected too. There is 100% overlap... but, yes, the change reaches too far.
Sorry, mate

but you don’t know what you talking about

• Sad
Reactions: Tzone and Nefnate

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
There really isn't much of a difference. Someone wants to kill your pet and you fail to prevent it, that is a PvP situation like or not. Get friends, have weapons, and gid gud eventually.

Yeah, thanks for your pointless opinion. Remember that when the game is played by like 500 people in a few months that just continously grief each other and are wondering why no one wants to play their game.

PS: "PvP" implies players fighting against each other. Killing a pet and then running away has literaly no direct interaction between both players. If that is the kind of "PvP" people here are trying to promote then, well, guess I am not actually interested in PvP.

I also would like to see you hitting a fast moving target with a bow while running through a forest, lol.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Yeah, thanks for your pointless opinion. Remember that when the game is played by like 500 people in a few months that just continously grief each other and are wondering why no one wants to play their game.
Yeah well we'll see. I'd rather play a game i like with 500 people.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Remind me who again was bitching about priest locations :ROFLMAO:

The problem is, it doesn't. Because people who think they fall into the former, fall into the latter. And nothing about that is actually interesting. Sorry Edgelord #37, you're just not that unique.

The kids in here are a fucking riot though, some real leopards ate my face vibe happening. Mortal Online 2 is apparently a hardcore full loot pvp mmo until it turns out your actions have consequences (Something plenty of y'all have talked about) that you don't like then some of you guys feel personally attacked.

Fuck I forgot how entertaining forums could be

heh, I'll give you some props for reading my post, so I'll reply. I was talking to other dood tho. That's not always true. I mean, in an MMO most players want renown whether or not they want to admit it. Some people want to be THE BEST. Some people are actually good. There have been, since MO1, many tiers of players, some left, the game changed to make others catch up, some turned out to be cheating, etc... and IMO MO2 is even more muddy when it comes to 'skillz.' If you are the best pvper, you have name recognition. You can do what you want. You don't HAVE to. It's like being a black belt. And even getting killed by someone who is really good FEELS different, they're not gonna leave you in mercy mode for a sec before they finish you lol. If you continue to use my belt analogy, there are a bunch of other people who know they will never be top tier at pvp (like purple or w/e), but they want to be... so they become bullies. They have a chip on their shoulder. Those are the people who you are talking about. They WANT to be virtual badasses and end up being dickheads. It's hard to say how they would behave IF they ever achieved their goal. From there, we get on to people who actually just are dicks. F2P griefers in MO1, who maybe didn't even have a sub acct. Their Sat night was getting on with 3 of their friends and taking out as many pets as they could.

Arena pvp is pretty lame at this point in history. I can't really say why people come into this game, but Tzone is also right... learning how to fight or survive is an essential skill. You don't need to be that good, you just need to be able to not embarrass yourself. And sometimes you do anyway, o well. I mean, that's like worst case. And you say ahaha, damn I fucked up! The question is then... what do you do with your new ability? Some people get that chip on their shoulder. Some people just wanna be left alone. But some people think cuz they got dunked before they could fight that they wanna go around dunking people, and maybe never stop. I dunno if I've met anyone (and I don't have huge huge exp in games, and I wasn't playing shit like counter strike; I do have life exp tho) that was REALLY GOOD at something in a way that didn't involve being a cheeseball (cuz med skill dickheads can get to S- tier off cheeseball shit in a lot of cases) that was an actual dick. It takes a different level of dedication to git gud per se, on that level, a different type of mind, and just 'so I can get loot' or 'just so I can dunk nubs' won't get you all the way there. You have to understand that of the people who are really good, even MO2 style (ble), you probably haven't seen 95% of them haha. The people you have experience with are staying in the places where they will have success.

And it usually bears out that people who turn out to be dickheads AND good have some secret that is eventually found out. Ahem. But MO is a different beast. The only other oW pvp game I put some time into was BDO, and I ended up w/ some of talented but guildless people just because I kept fighting them and gave them what they want, competition. They knew that their char match up + their gear (most of them prol paid a little hehh) was almost an auto win vs mine, so the longer I could last or each time I did something that they weren't expecting they were prol like hmm! And I was never gonna dedicate the time to gearing like them, so they knew that. And once they joined our shit, they didn't have little snippy like "always argumentative' attitudes or anything that made it seem like they always wanted to be the top dog, they were just normal dudes. And if someone war decced us cuz of a spawn dispute they would be like ohh shittt lets go haha.

I dunno, believe what you will, but I am gonna self apply a label and say I think I am an expert on people. Doesn't mean I understand people 100%, since they have their own wills and such, they can always do wild shit, but I find it easy to understand people, I want to understand people, and most people WANT to be understood. A lot of people you think are dickheads are just immature or afraid. A lot of them don't have nearly the willpower they act like they have. Those kinda people, yea, they can be reasoned with and such, but I can see why you'd dislike them in an open loot pvp game. I try to like everyone unless they make it impossible, but I do admit to 'allowing myself to immerse' in conflict. If you can get into conflict in these games and go hard, shake hands when it's over... that's actually positive. It's like sports, as long as you aren't nut punching people to win, it's all fair and there's a lot of 'clawing' and such that is just human nature, desire to succeed... it's good to get that out, win or loss. But on that note, YOU also have to learn how to take an L. You have to learn how to take an L from the biggest clown who isn't even good who is taunting you, cuz sometimes the situation will arise... they will have a better team or w/e... it's all a growing experience. When you can see "ah this isn't even real competition this is just a joke" and shrug it off, you will feel better.

LASTLY, the way you are trolling 'pvpers' is also dickish behavior, whether you believe it to be warranted or not. You said you forgot how fun the forums can be, prol because it's been awhile since pvpers got shit on (the parcel shit where you would not even get any rep a lot of the time, etc) this hard. So what you are doing is mimicking what you believe they are doing in game, and I dunno how good of a look that is, either.

I agree w/ Dracu. V SOUND point, if they made MCs matter and they didn't used to matter, they should reset MC. Would be an easy hotfix. I don't think that's most people's problem w/ it, tho, but it seems like it would satisfy him. If anyone else was in the same camp, I do think you have to side w/ them. You can't just retroactively punish people, whether or not you hate PKers, you should not be enjoying that. Again, imo.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
There was one thing i was worried about and i mean really really worried about, and thats big changes that can and will fuck over your playstyle over night, out of nowhere and with no way of adapting for the ppl affected. I expected this to be race balance, but they went for the pvp in general. The priest change is one of those which can limited your gameplay immediatley, over night, without a way to adapt.

It is unbelievable insulting getting punished with this change, i for example lived in GK since the launch, day 1. And iam Red, because killing ppl in this area and they revive (even when reviving in GK) doesnt give rep loss but it does give murdercounts.

I think you said in best in an earlier post of yours, half assed system added. I would have expected a murdercount reset with these kind of changes and a roadmap to what we can expect, but we geet no warning no nothing here your gameplay is alot worse now and you can not adapt. I am very mad about this kind of behaviour.

Feels like the alpha/beta never endet. In alpha/beta i can accept this, but not after release.
Yeah that makes sense. Getting 100 murdercounts in gk where you shouldn’t get them and then having to deal with a change like this.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Yeah well we'll see. I'd rather play a game i like with 500 people.

Might be a bit boring considering the size of the game world and its expansion plans. And after you've driven away all the non-griefers you don't even have people to freely grief anymore.

On another note, GvG really gives murder counts? That is a weird design decision.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Might be a bit boring considering the size of the game world and its expansion plans. And after you've driven away all the non-griefers you don't even have people to freely grief anymore.
I'm not even a griefer though. There was more than 500 people playing during beta and most of them don't do griefing or RPK or whatever.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
SV has been saying since day one that they want MO2 to be about not just player risk but player consequences. Currently this means if you kill someone innocent You will be punished with the reputation system. MO1 didn't really have consequences because if you murder someone and they report you; you gain a kill count which is more of a reward. If you put a house next to a graveyard just to grief noobs expect the devs to remove the red priests. It is what it is now until they improve the system. And forced wardecs was a cancer to the life of the gaming community. Can't believe you even brought that up.

You want to kill everyone. Eventually there will be no population. No game. No one will log in. Players will hide behind walls and SV will lose money. This means no more MO2.

Reactions: The Khan