Mounted

May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
According to the last Dev Roadmap given to us, it is not "under development" yet.
[shields, thursars, spears, Fauna, enemy AI and a new city] is in the "under dev" list.

ALTHOUGH 'Fauna' might include horses. so maybe riding is not so far down the line after all. its also to be expected soon since the map is so big and cities are so far appart. ppl ar gonna want horses soon cuz im not walking from Kran to Meduli, no way XD

Reactions: Maxstor

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
According to the last Dev Roadmap given to us, it is not "under development" yet.
[shields, thursars, spears, Fauna, enemy AI and a new city] is in the "under dev" list.

ALTHOUGH 'Fauna' might include horses. so maybe riding is not so far down the line after all. its also to be expected soon since the map is so big and cities are so far appart. ppl ar gonna want horses soon cuz im not walking from Kran to Meduli, no way XD

I agree, it is normal that they need time to implement it, but it is absolutely necessary that when the launch arrives we have means of transportation. I personally will not be able to do business on a large scale unless I have a suitable carriage, boat, horse, or means of transportation.
Hopefully we have them soon.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I must say I agree with Rhias here, horses for travel is fine early but that blasted MC can stay away as long as possible. Btw this is coming from a true MO MC OG. Also to note my main was Khurite Khurite Sword MC :LOL: Too bad I got nerfed beyond what any newer guys can ever imagine...New MC nerf my arse...

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
MC OG and khurite khurite sword MC doesn't go well together in one sentence. in which era of mounted did you live?
True, haha.
I was a mounted from the beginning until I quit. Although underways I got a new MC first lancer then after lance nerf a axer. Also had a halberd one in between somewhere. Never got wheelchair build tho, as I find such builds retarded.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I love MC, but I never played it in MO. It was too strong, and also too expensive to do the meta way.

I hope they implement it this time around so an MC is as fragile as a horse would be IRL. They should NOT be a double layered tank, hitting for high damage.

They should be a foot warrior, moving faster and being higher up. Their advantage is flat terrain speed, and being able to charge to knock people over, and easy access to their enemies heads.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I love MC, but I never played it in MO. It was too strong, and also too expensive to do the meta way.

I hope they implement it this time around so an MC is as fragile as a horse would be IRL. They should NOT be a double layered tank, hitting for high damage.

They should be a foot warrior, moving faster and being higher up. Their advantage is flat terrain speed, and being able to charge to knock people over, and easy access to their enemies heads.
For sure, I also hope they do mounts like old MO mounts low enough HP and alittle faster speed than footmen.

The higher speed and around another HP bar is more than enough edge to mounteds imo.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
For sure, I also hope they do mounts like old MO mounts low enough HP and alittle faster speed than footmen.

The higher speed and around another HP bar is more than enough edge to mounteds imo.
I also feel as though dismounting as a mechanic should be changed. If the horse sustains a good blow, it should panic and make the rider unable to control it as well, or at all. If the rider IS ever dismounted, I feel like it should be a much faster, fluid animation, not a near death sentence, more a transition. The downside of being dismounted should be drawn away from dying, and more about losing the horse. When dismounted in combat, the horse should panic and bolt, and not respond to calls for a few minutes.

Reactions: Bicorps and PatWins

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
loved early mounted mc when u could jump and melee HEAD hit the others and not this wonky/"realistc" mounted delayed control

eitherway no obese earthquake mages plz

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
loved early mounted mc when u could jump and melee HEAD hit the others and not this wonky/"realistc" mounted delayed control

eitherway no obese earthquake mages plz
Yes obese players should not be allowed to mount in the first place, like Wyman Manderly in GoT nicknamed "Lord Too-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse" :ROFLMAO:

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
I also feel as though dismounting as a mechanic should be changed. If the horse sustains a good blow, it should panic and make the rider unable to control it as well, or at all. If the rider IS ever dismounted, I feel like it should be a much faster, fluid animation, not a near death sentence, more a transition. The downside of being dismounted should be drawn away from dying, and more about losing the horse. When dismounted in combat, the horse should panic and bolt, and not respond to calls for a few minutes.
This stems from so much ignorance. War horses in a medieval period were conditioned and trained specifically to not panic from the sounds and actions of combat. One might argue that horses in MO were never "trained" though that was never really an option beyond leveling for HP reasons. Hell the horses belonging to the Knights Templar were famous for being trained to bite and kick in defense of their handler and in combat.

They are intelligent and can be brave animals. Anyone who's actually been around horses knows that.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
This stems from so much ignorance. War horses in a medieval period were conditioned and trained specifically to not panic from the sounds and actions of combat. One might argue that horses in MO were never "trained" though that was never really an option beyond leveling for HP reasons. Hell the horses belonging to the Knights Templar were famous for being trained to bite and kick in defense of their handler and in combat.

They are intelligent and can be brave animals. Anyone who's actually been around horses knows that.
Fair, I am ignorant of horses. However note I never said jack about the sounds and visuals, I said when taking damage.

It IS just a game.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
Fair, I am ignorant of horses. However note I never said jack about the sounds and visuals, I said when taking damage.

It IS just a game.

Damage numbers are arbitrarily assigned by SV. If you recall horses never had proper armor or barding in MO one, or rather what you put on them was more for cosmetic purposes than it was for protection because they didn't actually mitigate damage. This meant that as a melee based combatant mounted on a horse, if I engaged archers on foot, or mounted archers, incoming arrows could do 30/40/50+ damage per hit, melee weapons could also do about maximum damage as they game logic assumed I was striking a "naked" target.

Things like that are necessary to consider when discussing this topic. It got to where it was because of the situations and issues from before.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Damage numbers are arbitrarily assigned by SV. If you recall horses never had proper armor or barding in MO one, or rather what you put on them was more for cosmetic purposes than it was for protection because they didn't actually mitigate damage. This meant that as a melee based combatant mounted on a horse, if I engaged archers on foot, or mounted archers, incoming arrows could do 30/40/50+ damage per hit, melee weapons could also do about maximum damage as they game logic assumed I was striking a "naked" target.

Things like that are necessary to consider when discussing this topic. It got to where it was because of the situations and issues from before.
In your original reply you did not even address the fact that I said damage, you're only doing that now. Of course, as with all suggestions and from them, implemented mechanics, things need to be carefully evaluated, tested and balanced.

Another thing to note is that - this is NOT Mortal Online 1. Stop assuming it to be the same.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
In your original reply you did not even address the fact that I said damage, you're only doing that now. Of course, as with all suggestions and from them, implemented mechanics, things need to be carefully evaluated, tested and balanced.

Another thing to note is that - this is NOT Mortal Online 1. Stop assuming it to be the same.

I think it would be naive to think SV has learned meaningful lessons in a way that will prove satisfactory to the playerbase regarding these matters. Even on the offchance that they did, the playerbase is conflicted and divided on what it considers acceptable, meaning if SV backslides into old engrained habits of development, then it is only a matter of time until things that aren't broken get "fixed" and other things get nerfed or buffed in ridiculous fashions.

Yes, my statement is predicated on many "If's", I prefer caution and cynicism over blind and naive optimism. So we'll just have to mutually disagree as we are at an impasse.

• Haha
Reactions: Senusret and Neftan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

Normal equipment originally did reduce dmg until suddenly it didnt and never got fixed. Bullhorse armor which every PvPer used did however reduce dmg with steel being the best over Jadeite and Gold(was it ?).