Join the PvP/Reputation Protest. Help us to succeed and end the bloodshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
Don't care lol. You sound like you need to be farmed in-game.
Lolol Just took a look at the other posts and found out you are very much the minority voice on this forum. good luck in your pursuit of that “perfect game” man I’m sure you’ll find that 10/10 somewhere lol

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Toerin is the kind of guy to pay 15$ a month to test a game that doesn't even have core features and tell people to go play New World, or Mordhau. Sounds like those games hurt him bad and he came here to sit inside of a town to RP playing the game.

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
I'm unsure of how it works for guild warfare, because arguably there's a point to be made that rep gain or loss should be exempt from that, however apart from the guilds, it really bothers me when players call murder "pvp".

Ganking and murdering people is not PVP at all and there SHOULD be consequences to it. It is a huge part of the game and the fact that people can kill you is part of what makes this game great and exciting, but as a player who prefers playing solo or in tiny groups I have been killed A LOT. Sometimes it really sucked, other times it REALLY REALLY sucked, but every time I told myself it's part of the game and that I should've known. I took the risk and lost and that's fair, but all of that was knowing that the murderes had to EARN that murder. As a player who is mostly considered prey and not the predator I NEED there to be a system to keep PK in check.

Giving an MC or knowing my killer gets negative standing is the ONE thing that takes the edge off of being murdered, and without it this game would be all wolves and no sheep which would be the end of it imo.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I'm unsure of how it works for guild warfare, because arguably there's a point to be made that rep gain or loss should be exempt from that, however apart from the guilds, it really bothers me when players call murder "pvp".

Ganking and murdering people is not PVP at all and there SHOULD be consequences to it. It is a huge part of the game and the fact that people can kill you is part of what makes this game great and exciting, but as a player who prefers playing solo or in tiny groups I have been killed A LOT. Sometimes it really sucked, other times it REALLY REALLY sucked, but every time I told myself it's part of the game and that I should've known. I took the risk and lost and that's fair, but all of that was knowing that the murderes had to EARN that murder. As a player who is mostly considered prey and not the predator I NEED there to be a system to keep PK in check.

Giving an MC or knowing my killer gets negative standing is the ONE thing that takes the edge off of being murdered, and without it this game would be all wolves and no sheep which would be the end of it imo.

Wars in game are consensual. Both guilds have to agree to be in one. It's stupid.

Murdering a player in game is PvP. It's player versus player.

Ganking and murdering people is PvP. What is Rust then? Is Rust not a PvP game? Because you gank and murder people in that game.

You're saying it's exciting that there is danger, but then calling the danger not PvP. You're confused on this idea.

There are plenty of systems that keep PK'ing in check. A lot of people just don't realize them given they don't play sandbox games often.

Make friends, join a guild, hire people to protect you, take different routes, live in a different city, learn to fight back, obtain better gear.

The reputation system doesn't work for everyone in your shoes, and all it does is currently force other players to play in a really convoluted way in which it deters them from playing the game in the manner they wish to play it.

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
Wars in game are consensual. Both guilds have to agree to be in one. It's stupid.

Murdering a player in game is PvP. It's player versus player.

Ganking and murdering people is PvP. What is Rust then? Is Rust not a PvP game? Because you gank and murder people in that game.

You're saying it's exciting that there is danger, but then calling the danger not PvP. You're confused on this idea.

There are plenty of systems that keep PK'ing in check. A lot of people just don't realize them given they don't play sandbox games often.

Make friends, join a guild, hire people to protect you, take different routes, live in a different city, learn to fight back, obtain better gear.

The reputation system doesn't work for everyone in your shoes, and all it does is currently force other players to play in a really convoluted way in which it deters them from playing the game in the manner they wish to play it.

Lol.

You just told me I should play the game differently to enjoy it, and that you shouldn't have to because you want to be able to murder people.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Lol.

You just told me I should play the game differently to enjoy it, and that you shouldn't have to because you want to be able to murder people.

I said there was ways to counter PK'ing, I didn't tell you to do any of it. You can play however you want lol.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
Toerin is the kind of guy to pay 15$ a month to test a game that doesn't even have core features and tell people to go play New World, or Mordhau. Sounds like those games hurt him bad and he came here to sit inside of a town to RP playing the game.
How is this an insult? Lol I played New World and didn’t like it so I, you know, stopped playing it instead of bitching to the devs to make it different…. Like an adult

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I never really understand why people would want to sabotage a game that they want to play.

These types of things could be the very reason the devs feel they have to do something about it.

It may even lead to them making the game even harder for such players to play the way they want.

For better or worse. Something will have to happen. They can not just let players drag the game down.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
How is this an insult? Lol I played New World and didn’t like it so I, you know, stopped playing it instead of bitching to the devs to make it different…. Like an adult
Dev want feedback get over it. Feedback is normal. If you want carebear PvP go back to NW or find another game.
Your just crying because worried about them listening.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I never really understand why people would want to sabotage a game that they want to play.

These types of things could be the very reason the devs feel they have to do something about it.

It may even lead to them making the game even harder for such players to play the way they want.

For better or worse. Something will have to happen. They can not just let players drag the game down.
People want a PvP game, if the devs are going away from that then they dont have the game they want so why not go down swinging.

So far the devs have been making the game worse off patch after patch when they have been touching the crim/guards. Nothing really made the game better for anyone but they keep doubling down.

Right now people are feeling like their feedback is being ignored which it probably is being ignored. Henrik seems to brush off what people people say and deems everything as preference and his is better then everyone else.

The reason I gave the game a neg review is the mentality that goes into changes that looks like this games direction is heading away from the game I would enjoy. People get really upset at that making many rationals to why Im trying to kill a game but in reality thats my way of trying to get the game fixed.

These people are trying to get the game fixed so they enjoy it. Henrik will probably not change or budge on this and instead double down harder when it doesnt work. People are going to get upset leave a bad review and maybe quit when the sub is required.

They used to enjoy the game a lot more in the past and they just want it back and I know how they feel. It might be a 70 right now for them and that might be passing enought that they continue to play. But they want to get the game back up to a 100.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
we back n this. PEEP.

I'm here cuz my boy caught the bug (neg rep covid,) and was unaware that it is IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BACK, within reason. You want a solution? Simple, make it so that rep makes it so you can't res only. It doesn't need to be KoS, that's simple.

To everyone here, being the mystic empath that I am, I can explain what is going on and hopefully bring a lot of people back to a state of relaxation. People have been caused grief by taking losses in PvP. This is one of the chances they get to grief you back (taunting you about your playstyle being affected by rep, where as they believe your PKing affected their playstyle, so it's fair.) You are playing right into it. Stop.

This is why you can't have emotional dudes discussing game balance. You have to look at it logically. If there is NO WAY TO GET YOUR REP BACK besides running between CC and GK and hoping for a "lucky," then the system isn't working as intended, it's absolutely fucked, why would the Tinds or Khurs care about that, and if you are enjoying watching people writhe over it, I guess this is your moment.

You should also be able to gain rep from pve. They could put rep NPCs outside near the town with quests to kill bothersome species, like Risars, Bandits, and Sators. Hard to see how people would not appreciate that, from a 'lore' standpoint. Defending people in GY etc should also gain you rep back, but again, that's too complex of a mechanic to implement into a game, and why all these anti-PK systems are flawed. The only people who like them are A. people who do wack shit and then hide behind their blue flag or B. people who never pvp and believe that this system is going to make them get pk'd less. I promise you it will not. Wait for release.

PEACE. Don't get too upset. This def needs a hotfix though.

Reactions: Falcar

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021

You paid to play New World? Definitely wouldn't listen to you then.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
We get more PvP now that we ever had. Just leave the GZ boys. Go roam, have fun.

Yesterday for example. We had skirmishes close to Bakti and MK, then we fought 10 AUS, 10 SEXY and 12DS one after the other close to Meduli.

The day before we had hours of fights not far from Bakti then fought 35ish Legion,Chimera,Integrity,DS near Sausage lake.

We have had multiple fights at Mino dungeon, Sator dungeon, Spider Queen.

Not to mention the daily fights around Desert horse spawns.

The people in here complaining tend to be those who sit around town killing horses or trying to gank people in Graveyard. Get out, do some actual content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Battlex

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
Dev want feedback get over it. Feedback is normal. If you want carebear PvP go back to NW or find another game.
Your just crying because worried about them listening.
The fact that you have to protest means they aren’t listening lol. You also keep saying “carebear” and you still haven’t clarified what you mean by that.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I love how every opinion has an assumption tied into the end.

The system isn't going to deter someone from griefing or killing noobs, it's effecting anyone and everyone whether they want to PvP or not.

The reputation system is very shallow, and clearly it was put in as a set of 'bones' with no meat on them. Forcing players to deliver packages for reputation to PvP and utilize a town is absurd.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
The fact that you have to protest means they aren’t listening lol. You also keep saying “carebear” and you still haven’t clarified what you mean by that.

Why are you saying that as if it's a good thing?

A carebear is someone who vouches, defends, and approves of mechanics and systems that make the game safer.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
You paid to play New World? Definitely wouldn't listen to you then.
You have to pay for any game. You think devs work for free? With gamers like you it’s no wonder programmers can’t get a union going lol. You have such an entitled Karen point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.