Lighting poll

Are you satisfied with how lighting works?

• Lighting should be changed. It hurts my eyes.

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Its not bad but it was better few months back. Change it please.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Everything is fine, game looks great.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • What lighting?

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
It seems like it looks good on high end graphics cards but for everyone else who hasn't been able to get one due to the shortages the graphics look bad. I mean realistic graphics always look bad on average cards, but now with the 'realistic' lightning it looks even worse. Some places like snowy areas are hardly bearable. Shadows are way too dark. Never in my life have I walked outside and not been able to see two feet in front of me, but in this game it happens a lot. They should at least add a brightness adjuster like most games have to balance it out on every device. I don't set the brightness on my PC super high since I play in a dark room and work on my PC all day so I don't want to burn my eyes. But playing MO without brightness dialed up to 100 puts you at a big disadvantage. It's not like people won't just adjust the brightness and gamma anyway so I really don't see a reason to not make it a setting in game

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They should focus on lower end graphics settings because that's what most people are playing. Do I like playing the game as a blurry mess, no but I have too and this lighting just makes everything look worse. Also the only game I have issues with lighting wise. I have to change my displays brightness in windows settings everytime I get on. Never had to do this for any other game. If another game had issues with lighting you could change it in settings just like you could change simple things like FoV.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I'm in the camp of 'put it back where it was a few months ago.' I understand certain changes were needed with the lighting, but everything looks less realistic to me now.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Tzone

May 16, 2021
And devs keep saying it looks good and has been tested with superb monitors while it looks like poop on 99% of monitors :D
In help chat today Ive seen several new players complain about it. Ones said it looked great "this morning" but now during the middle of the day they could not see.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Henrik was talking about the "eye adaption" adding more details to stuff in shadows but I have the exact opposite expedience. During the day players look like black blobs and I can not see any detail on those models. When I max out brightness in windows I can then see details in the shadows.

I like gritty, I disliked but didnt care much about the cartoony shadier change a while back. Would prefere the game to look gritty but this is not a enjoyable experience.

I have notice no "eye adaptation" Whether or not I look at something dark or bright. The darknes/brightness of shadows and the ability to see details does not change no matter what you are looking at.

In game I notices many new players mention the lighting as well as some older players. The experience is negative.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Henrik was talking about the "eye adaption" adding more details to stuff in shadows but I have the exact opposite expedience. During the day players look like black blobs and I can not see any detail on those models. When I max out brightness in windows I can then see details in the shadows.

I like gritty, I disliked but didnt care much about the cartoony shadier change a while back. Would prefere the game to look gritty but this is not a enjoyable experience.

I have notice no "eye adaptation" Whether or not I look at something dark or bright. The darknes/brightness of shadows and the ability to see details does not change no matter what you are looking at.

In game I notices many new players mention the lighting as well as some older players. The experience is negative.

The lighting isn't realistic at all though, I've never seen shadows that dark in my entire life. Even night in real life isn't that dark either

Reactions: Angelo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The lighting isn't realistic at all though, I've never seen shadows that dark in my entire life. Even night in real life isn't that dark either
me neither everthing looks like a black blob and everything around it is super bright.

Reactions: Angelo

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I dont know what he means by "eye adaption". If that means my eyes need to adapt to the lighting in game, screw that I am not going to get blind. My eyes are working perfectly fine they dont need any "adaption". If that means that the game is trying to fix my eye by "adapting to game" please no, you better fix the lighting. I dont know what was wrong 2 months ago that needs to be "fixed" so we now need our eyes to adapt to the game.