Wtf How is the Development progressively getting worse? Broker not working,Guards not working, Stables not working, even Ui problems and Clade Resets?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
hat was mentioned int he Patchnotes. The animals are now in a different stable. They had to change something with the stable system to allow future updates. The Broker have problems atm.
Hopefully in preparation for an assets overview tab like in EVE Online, being able to see everything you have in each bank, stable and broker. It's long overdue in my opinion.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
the game is not released yet boys, stop crying because a feature is not working or something is fucked, well the game will probably be fucked on release anyway but yeah, I guess we won't have to be dealing with many of the problems we have right now on release just something new lol dont cry about balance as its something that is very important and they are working on it since alpha lol nothing new about clades and stats being changed and tweaked its happening with basically every patch, lets be honest some shit was simply OP were other skills or races were useless and now they are working trying to balance them out, some things are fucked but are worked and getting improved, you cry about how much shit is fucked but you are not mentioning how many things have improved or are fixed

PS we are here to test the game, look for bugs, check balance, and provide feedback not judge the game and call it trash because you are having bad experience

wunder007

Oct 1, 2021
Wtf Happened? Did I miss something? I logged on today after about a 3 week break with some friends to show them the game, My Stables were not working, I had to reset all my Clad Gifts, One of my friends Ui wouldn't show up even when reset, the Broker isn't working, if you try to buy it doesn't work, if you try to sell the broker just takes your item and doesn't even display it. Bandits now attack you in a group of 3 at a time? Rip to Mage Farming I guess. One of my friends horses are being sniped in the bank, and the guards were not doing anything until after the horses had already been killed. Some of the griefing happened within feet of the guards, and the only guard who did anything was a Lictor. Wtf is happening, how did the development of the game somehow manage to get even worse? The only positives Is Shore Prower, Spider Queen, Ranger Armor, and Bear Bags. It seems there was also a lot of Nerfs? Sv Why? Humans and Alvarins just needed Combat passives to be Equal to Oghmir and Thursars. And Pets will take skill now? How are you supposed to "Skillfully" Control a White Bear, and use magic/bow/melee to "skillfully" assist your pet at the same time? How do you aim 2 things at once, is all I am saying.

If the game is releasing in January you guys at SV really need to Fix the basic elements of the game, before nerfing or coming out with Class rebalances. Why is the Ai still not working for guards?

Edit: More bullshit, Can't Name Horses anymore, and White Bears were removed from their Cave. Sat here for a hour and nothing came.

I guess you should take into account that you are TESTING (betatestin) a product under development. My guess the changes go live every day (or maybe more often than that). It's only expected that changes and regression are part of the process. Its a bit early to go crazy about product stability, IMHO.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I guess you should take into account that you are TESTING (betatestin) a product under development. My guess the changes go live every day (or maybe more often than that). It's only expected that changes and regression are part of the process. Its a bit early to go crazy about product stability, IMHO.
This a a alpha in reality. Beta is when the game/software is pretty much built and you are just tuning it and fixing it up. Its called beta for marketing purposes.

Im not judging bugs since its natural especially with high tempo. Lots of other things to judge with only 3 months to release.

Reactions: wunder007

Pech

Sep 5, 2021
This guy didnt even read the patch notes. Half the things listed are not bugs but were pointed out as things that had to happen in the notes.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
but i think they need to stop developing and start the bug fixing process now lol because they dont know how long it takes, imo 1 year.
No, if they focus too much on bug fixes the game would get delayed time and time again. The focus should be getting towards persistent steam release rather than polishing every nook and cranny of the game.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
the game is not released yet boys, stop crying because a feature is not working or something is fucked, well the game will probably be fucked on release anyway but yeah, I guess we won't have to be dealing with many of the problems we have right now on release just something new lol dont cry about balance as its something that is very important and they are working on it since alpha lol nothing new about clades and stats being changed and tweaked its happening with basically every patch, lets be honest some shit was simply OP were other skills or races were useless and now they are working trying to balance them out, some things are fucked but are worked and getting improved, you cry about how much shit is fucked but you are not mentioning how many things have improved or are fixed

PS we are here to test the game, look for bugs, check balance, and provide feedback not judge the game and call it trash because you are having bad experience
Dude it's something with this game every time anyone tries to log in. Todays bullshit is people can't even Update the game.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
No, if they focus too much on bug fixes the game would get delayed time and time again. The focus should be getting towards persistent steam release rather than polishing every nook and cranny of the game.

I disagree. The game must be polished, have a good tutorial, have nearly no bugs, must include all important basic features and must be as balanced as possible. It must have solid base to expand on. That was the problem with the first game. SV need to show that they release a Game without bugs to gain trust, because it is a small Team of 30 people or so.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I disagree. The game must be polished, have a good tutorial, have nearly no bugs, must include all important basic features and must be as balanced as possible. It must have solid base to expand on. That was the problem with the first game. SV need to show that they release a Game without bugs to gain trust, because it is a small Team of 30 people or so.
Can't happen until major systems are in place. Otherwise they'll be wasting time chasing bugs that will reappear once they add stuff. Its just how game dev works. Been there, done that.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
either way shit will break every time they add shit or even try to fix shit it or balance it.. lol stop crying that shit is breaking half of the major issues we are getting as NEW are listed in the patch notes before we even experience them than the other half we get to find out and point out to their team and they actually fix it. they are working on the game fixing and adding new shit, I dont expect much from them really considering how small of a team they are. if you are pissed off that a game that is basically in AlphaBeta is fucked you should fuck off and play a game that is fully finished and not waste your time here... ofcourse every patch will break some shit, at some point entire fucking city vanished lmao, report the bugs, and give feedback on balance and features other than that stop bitching that the game is not finished because its fucking not.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
either way shit will break every time they add shit or even try to fix shit it or balance it.. lol stop crying that shit is breaking half of the major issues we are getting as NEW are listed in the patch notes before we even experience them than the other half we get to find out and point out to their team and they actually fix it. they are working on the game fixing and adding new shit, I dont expect much from them really considering how small of a team they are. if you are pissed off that a game that is basically in AlphaBeta is fucked you should fuck off and play a game that is fully finished and not waste your time here... ofcourse every patch will break some shit, at some point entire fucking city vanished lmao, report the bugs, and give feedback on balance and features other than that stop bitching that the game is not finished because its fucking not.
Yes this is the outcome if you dont build a good fundamental base. We seen the outcome of that before, its not the way to go.
Whats the best part of finishing things is that every new addition is so much easier to implement and fix, because you actually know where the problem is without having the guessing game ;)

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Somewhat, but the game was not that bad before TC. It was dead, too, but I think with a few numerical changes they could have held that down. And they do, too, that's why they reskinned it and are working on polish w/ a new engine. I'd like to think we do, too. I just want the game to work. You know how much more the game works now than it used to work, even when I quit. It sucks that it's slow progress, but they main thing they gotta do is not make any huge mistakes and just keep playing with the values more, and adding creatures, PICKABLES, etc.

The walls was the problem. This time we can only build Walls arroudn keeps and i really like this decission.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Development has been three steps backwards for every one step forward for the last few months now, with changes that nobody asked for or even worse the complete opposite of what we asked for. It should be no surprise that people are starting to lose hope and become outraged.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I just wanna supply you people with the arms you need to kill each other...testers and early players alike. Its a calling, a passion. I hope the broker get some dev love soon.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020

Look man I think the complaint is valid. This patch was supposed to contain "bug fixes and optimization", yet it introduced several more big bugs while not fixing some major issues- the broker being broken is one of those. The broker has been 'eating' items for weeks and yet it wasn't even fixed in the "bug fix" patch. I don't mind that all my pets got yeeted across the world, I can deal with that, but stuff like horse nameplates being broken? Why doesn't StarVault expand their test team or get people who thoroughly test the changes? Patch after patch we see bugs that should have been caught before it hit live. Yes, we understand we're playing a beta. We get that we're testing the game. Anyone who has been playing consistently understands these facts. However, we're also looking at launch/release looming ever nearer. We're seeing bug fix patches bring out new, obvious bugs while not fixing the worst bugs. There is legitimate cause for concern- not because people are being impatient or crying, but because we all want this game to succeed.

Negative feedback is still providing feedback. People are allowed to be unhappy or dissatisfied. Don't try to discount the feelings of the playerbase, and keep in mind that the people here are the most dedicated members of the community. We're here playing the game in beta, we're here discussing it on the forums, we're here trying to give the developers some feedback so that the game releases in a good state and sees some success. Everyone here wants the game to be enjoyable, wants it to succeed, and wants the playerbase to grow significantly in a few months when it launches.

With well over 1,000 hours played I'm one of the more hardcore players - or "testers"- as it were. I've had my eye on MO2 for years, and I've been playing for a year now. Yet sometimes I am going to be unhappy with changes or with patches. I admire StarVault for the game they're making and the vision they have, but I am not going to be silent if I am not pleased. My negative feedback can be used to improve the state of the game, and future patches- I hope. What I know is that we aren't going to see the changes that we want by not saying anything.

Apr 11, 2021
Since the last patch I've been getting desync, stuttering, rubberbanding like crazy, horse dismount problems where I get stuck all of which I had none of before it

Reactions: Rorry

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Technical stuff aside I´m still waiting to see the new vision for the flagging system that Henrik was talking after the first stress test. Presumably as a reaction towards "griefing". All the systems seem bare bone, less than well thought out and lack polish. It just seems that are putting out something for the sake of ticking of features needed to have a baseline at launch that the playerbase finds acceptable.

The game design lacks adirection which makes taking part in the development as a tester a bit of rollercoaster.

Reactions: Skydancer

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
I dont care what anyone says, but with coding I have regularly found, the more you add little parts of code the more problems you get - much better to add everything your going to add and then mend the bugs without adding anything else. Adding pieces at a time is suicide, part A affects part B part B affects part C part D then affects Part A which you just mended and it goes on and on and on. Better add it all at once and then work on the bugs till you get something that works.

No way this game will be ready by January, no way. Housing is going to take months of debugging in its own right and with a small team they HAVE to have people playing doing the testing for them, which becomes tiresome seeing as though we dont get paid for our time. January release - no frickin way imo. The problem with SG is that they concern themselves too much with detail, it really doesn't matter that the leaf is a flawless artistic representation of a leaf, or the mouth of the dog when it barks is a flawless representation of such, what TRULY matters is that everything works smoothly as it should. They are NOT fixing stuff and adding more code causes more bugs to happen. The mesh lines should have been fixed by now, pathing etc should have been fixed by now not focusing on adding new flora and fauna in dribs and drabs code, which adds more issues to the systems that did work.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah I dont think people should really be going to deep on bugs in alpha unless its like months long with out a fix or that
People should still always give feedback and criticism. There is always going to be bugs. I dont want to say slow down but SV going into persistence should be way more carefull with their patches. Whe I start paying 15 bucks a month is when I start caring about bugs when they affect me.

Stuff like design is different. Some people are so dismissive of criticism trying to say its going to be ok months or years from when when they add X MO1 mechanic despite MO1 be very unbalanced and with many gameplay issues. But this is the time where you get the changes you want in before they spend time on sup standard game design. They wont be able to justify spending dev time to go back and re do bad game design later.