Wtf How is the Development progressively getting worse? Broker not working,Guards not working, Stables not working, even Ui problems and Clade Resets?

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Better read the patch notes to be not surprised about changes in the game. And don't forget this is a beta version and some changes may affect or even destroy your build and your banks and everything else. Even a complete wipe would be allowed during beta.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Jan 23, 2021
Better read the patch notes to be not surprised about changes in the game. And don't forget this is a beta version and some changes may affect or even destroy your build and your banks and everything else. Even a complete wipe would be allowed during beta.

Exactly. Yes it was frustrating to find out that my stabled pets were clear across the map. Some I moved back, others were left. But they're all dead mounts walking anyway.

There is a very annoying issue right now with mounts crossing over node lines and another with loot bags dropping under the surface of the terrain. Henrik has come right out and said that these bugs absolutely cannot happen once the game goes live, which is why once the game does goes live they will slow down the adding of new content until it's been thoroughly tested. Until then SV has made a decision to focus on rapid development over bug fixes.

If you find this too frustrating then play a different game, like New World. You'll quickly be back once you realize you can't directly deal with obnoxious little shits like you can in MO2.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yeah I dont think people should really be going to deep on bugs in alpha unless its like months long with out a fix or that
People should still always give feedback and criticism. There is always going to be bugs. I dont want to say slow down but SV going into persistence should be way more carefull with their patches. Whe I start paying 15 bucks a month is when I start caring about bugs when they affect me.

Stuff like design is different. Some people are so dismissive of criticism trying to say its going to be ok months or years from when when they add X MO1 mechanic despite MO1 be very unbalanced and with many gameplay issues. But this is the time where you get the changes you want in before they spend time on sup standard game design. They wont be able to justify spending dev time to go back and re do bad game design later.
We left Alpha phase long ago fyi.
Yes this is generally the beast that is a Beta.

But question is, will we have a Early Access ready game come new year ?
The fact that we will be paying to play Early Access instead of normal EAs that you simply need to buy to play until end of EA means we are getting a near finished product.
That then means all fundaments need to be in place, working and not have game breaking bugs. If a player choose a certain race, that race should not change in any game changing ways since that is one part we cant rechoose like skills and attributes.

We should in reality have a game that wont change drastically from there on out.
None of this will happen and we all know it. But that is how sane people will look at it and treat it. If you pay for a product then you have a certain expectation standard in mind, even higher if you pay a high monthly amount, then you expect high monthly content without playing a broken game.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
We left Alpha phase long ago fyi.

They call this beta but in reality its actually still in a alpha state. When ever all systems are in game and then they are starting to tune it then I will consider it beta.

Games like Squad were in alpha on steam for years while being more complete and polish then most AAA games.

MO2 is skiping EA on paper and will be outside beta on paper to them Jan 22 release.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
As long as they are still actually adding systems and making big changes and revamps to basic systems its technically still alpha. But they are a big boy company, they can call it whatever they want.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
This guy didnt even read the patch notes. Half the things listed are not bugs but were pointed out as things that had to happen in the notes.
There is no such thing as "Had to happen" when you are dealing with Code, all you have to do is redo the actions that made something work before. To simplify: Example X is NPC and Y Makes NPC Move. Now if we Introduce Z as a Means for Npc to Attack, I must also code X and Y into it with the new Z, otherwise NPC might Attack but not move. And that is how Bugs are made. Saying we can take a dump on everything in a game because we want to do things faster, is a sure fire way to lose a ton of players all in the snap of the fingers. This isn't the 1990s or early 2000s gaming anymore. They wanted to release this game in October, imagine if they actually did that and then did what they did in this patch. How many people would have still played? Mo1 had a very buggy past, and it was one of the main reasons many people didn't play and wrote bad reviews about it. In order for them to not make those mistakes again, constructive criticism is necessary. People are already saying Mo2 is Mo1 with better graphics and less content, let's not add to that fire. Also when you run a extended beta with a monthly Sub fee, you are basically selling a argument to consumers that you are supposed to be better then the other competition. And that's marketing 101.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Yea the broker is a mess, but it might be our fault. I put things on broker on rerolls and maybe that glitched it out (assuming everyone does this?) because I had things from various chars and it's all still on there. Can only load 1 page. Sometimes you get to buy, sometimes you don't. There's def no putting stuff on there. haha. Broker is a joke anyway, but I don't wanna sit around and spam either.

Bandits are no joke. haha.

Stable does eat horses but I'm still stackin' em. Since they added "xxxx added to your stable" that seems to work better. Imagine getting a horse to follow you back to town, as glitchy as that is, and then it gets eaten before next log in.

As for pets, I think you should be able to put your pet on someone but there should be a delay on commands. I dunno if anyone actually runs beast influence or w/e but that should be the downside. You think you're gonna be like SWITCH TARGET BEAR and it'll be like BAM. No. But eventually it should. Maybe based on the int (??) and your beast influence, it requires so many clicks to get your pet to switch a target/retreat but really, in most games, you are just letting your pet tank and draw aggro. You're supposed to do the heavy lifting. So I agree w/ you about the other stuff, but I dunno how I feel about people farming straight out with their pets unless they are just eating springbox or whatever. Same with pvp, you send your pet on a death mission, you should not be able to call it back, or pets, upon taking a certain amount of dmg consecutively, should retreat back to their master. shrugshrugshrug.

PS: Games either A gonna release in Jan kinda ehhh or B Starvault has given us a really long 40 dollar beta test. Cuz my bet is on... pushing it back. SV don't release a wack game.

ADD PICKABLES. FIELDS. Remember how carrots were? If it's a field it should have some pickables. It has things you can see but not interact with. Also, you should be able to turn in a circle in almost every place and in your line of sight there should be something to pick, this makes the world more interesting while you are wandering about.

But ground pickables... need more.

PPS: (extra p cuz of the length of my post), they did change the way the gifts were set up and said "x clades will have to reset their gifts", in patch notes, so that's one sunbeam. WAI.
There's no way. What you are describing is overloading the broker with spam, basically the same as Ddosing. And we all remember SV being Ddosed to hell back in the day. There's no way they would fall for that trick again.... Or wait.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
AM I THE ONLY SANE ONE AROUND HERE? Nah but it seems like people are taking two opposing viewpoints, neither of which is really rational. Yeah it sucks in some ways to believe this game is releasing in Jan (reiterate.) The world seems bare. Bugs r fixed from years ago, little ones, small progress, as I said... but the broker thing and the balance decisions are things they should be able to keep 100. Maybe a bunch of people put stuff on the broker during stress test.

Yo and @ superbeta tester, I mean we were shouting on the forums for years. I didn't even play for years, didn't even visit the forums for years. It's either crazy coincidence or somehow our shouts are getting thru to them. They got someone running around w/ a note pad. ITS SEB :O

No, but FINAL FEELING imo... regression in TC, horse breed, gear etc... GREAT! Progression from MO--->MO2, like the MO I came in to, late, too, I think it was right after they added Lyks. GREAT! Like happy face great, splitting stacks with windows open oh em gee. However, the lack of mobs/mounts/gatherables is bothersome. Mounts still disappearing on nodes, etc, some kinda meh problems exist.

Fix the broker, fix the clade gifts, rebalance stam/jump change. It's neither doom and gloom nor raw excitement. It's MO, welcome.
Dude you took the words right out of my mouth. Idk what it is, but for whatever reason you can't constructively criticize anything in this community. They will always defend their game, even when the game is doing something wrong. I mean I love this game too, but if you want to make something better you don't sit and lie about it, that is just evading the problem instead of fixing it.

Pech

Sep 5, 2021
There is no such thing as "Had to happen" when you are dealing with Code, all you have to do is redo the actions that made something work before. To simplify: Example X is NPC and Y Makes NPC Move. Now if we Introduce Z as a Means for Npc to Attack, I must also code X and Y into it with the new Z, otherwise NPC might Attack but not move. And that is how Bugs are made. Saying we can take a dump on everything in a game because we want to do things faster, is a sure fire way to lose a ton of players all in the snap of the fingers. This isn't the 1990s or early 2000s gaming anymore. They wanted to release this game in October, imagine if they actually did that and then did what they did in this patch. How many people would have still played? Mo1 had a very buggy past, and it was one of the main reasons many people didn't play and wrote bad reviews about it. In order for them to not make those mistakes again, constructive criticism is necessary. People are already saying Mo2 is Mo1 with better graphics and less content, let's not add to that fire. Also when you run a extended beta with a monthly Sub fee, you are basically selling a argument to consumers that you are supposed to be better then the other competition. And that's marketing 101.
Im sure you are very well versed in how the team at SV need to program their game. Try applying as a developer maybe they said they were hiring new coders if your so experienced

• Haha