Wtf How is the Development progressively getting worse? Broker not working,Guards not working, Stables not working, even Ui problems and Clade Resets?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Wtf Happened? Did I miss something? I logged on today after about a 3 week break with some friends to show them the game, My Stables were not working, I had to reset all my Clad Gifts, One of my friends Ui wouldn't show up even when reset, the Broker isn't working, if you try to buy it doesn't work, if you try to sell the broker just takes your item and doesn't even display it. Bandits now attack you in a group of 3 at a time? Rip to Mage Farming I guess. One of my friends horses are being sniped in the bank, and the guards were not doing anything until after the horses had already been killed. Some of the griefing happened within feet of the guards, and the only guard who did anything was a Lictor. Wtf is happening, how did the development of the game somehow manage to get even worse? The only positives Is Shore Prower, Spider Queen, Ranger Armor, and Bear Bags. It seems there was also a lot of Nerfs? Sv Why? Humans and Alvarins just needed Combat passives to be Equal to Oghmir and Thursars. And Pets will take skill now? How are you supposed to "Skillfully" Control a White Bear, and use magic/bow/melee to "skillfully" assist your pet at the same time? How do you aim 2 things at once, is all I am saying.

If the game is releasing in January you guys at SV really need to Fix the basic elements of the game, before nerfing or coming out with Class rebalances. Why is the Ai still not working for guards?

Edit: More bullshit, Can't Name Horses anymore, and White Bears were removed from their Cave. Sat here for a hour and nothing came. And Also won't let my friends even update the damn game it's stuck on steam wtf.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Annoucement on the official discord about the stables, its also in patch notes.

A clarification for this patch note:
Unified the ID’s on Town Bankers, Brokers, Stables and Mail NPC’s (this can cause some pre patch stables and mail to end up in other cities).

This means that if you are not seeing for example your pets in the stable, then they have moved to a stable in another city. We are sorry for this inconvenience, the ID changes were a painful fix that we had to do in preparation for future updates.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com

Unified the ID’s on Town Bankers, Brokers, Stables and Mail NPC’s (this can cause some pre patch stables and mail to end up in other cities).

This means that if you are not seeing for example your pets in the stable, then they have moved to a stable in another city. We are sorry for this inconvenience, the ID changes were a painful fix that we had to do in preparation for future updates.
What exactly does the unified ID do? Is it a move towards global banking?

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
What exactly does the unified ID do? Is it a move towards global banking?

I obviously don't know as I didn't catch an in-depth explanation, but I suspect they unified the IDs based on the town the NPCs are located. My assumption is, that previously (example!) Broker #1 was in Fab but stable #1 was actually in Tindrem, so locating an NPC based on his ID was impossible. Now all NPCs in one town would share the same ID (like all #1 in Fab for the given example etc.). This would explain stables and their contents moving to a different city.

Dastardly

May 29, 2020
I obviously don't know as I didn't catch an in-depth explanation, but I suspect they unified the IDs based on the town the NPCs are located. My assumption is, that previously (example!) Broker #1 was in Fab but stable #1 was actually in Tindrem, so locating an NPC based on his ID was impossible. Now all NPCs in one town would share the same ID (like all #1 in Fab for the given example etc.). This would explain stables and their contents moving to a different city.

Precisely.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I did notice my mount missing in the stables when I tried to retrieve it last week. Something ain't right.
It shouldn't take a week to Hotfix something. And they wanted to release Mortal this month before they changed their mind for a January Release. Imagine how many players they would have already lost if it was released to Steam this month and this many shenanigans happened all at once.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Why would they post a apology and explanation in Discord instead of on the Forum front page, or on Mortal Online2 on the Log in Screen.

Reactions: Rorry

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
It shouldn't take a week to Hotfix something. And they wanted to release Mortal this month before they changed their mind for a January Release. Imagine how many players they would have already lost if it was released to Steam this month and this many shenanigans happened all at once.

They're not hotfixing the stable issue because it's not an issue per sey. They've been quite clear across the whole beta, database issues relating to characters that happen during beta won't get fixed because that takes them away from actual development time. Cleaning up databases & running dev scripts and the like is an unnecessary time sink during a period of the game which is ultimately getting wiped.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
They're not hotfixing the stable issue because it's not an issue per sey. They've been quite clear across the whole beta, database issues relating to characters that happen during beta won't get fixed because that takes them away from actual development time. Cleaning up databases & running dev scripts and the like is an unnecessary time sink during a period of the game which is ultimately getting wiped.
With how many people are reviewing this game as terrible. They need every Sub, because active players now are part of the players that you would want to keep for a full release, and half my point is that they wanted to release the game this month, until they randomly decided January was a better release time. Mortal Online 2 - A Sandbox PVP MMO reviewed by someone who hates Sandbox PVP MMOs - YouTube This guy for example trashed on Mo1, and does the same in his review of Mo2. He thinks Mo2 people move in "Slow Motion" imagine telling him Stables don't matter, moving faster doesn't matter. But continue to pay a Sub of 15$ a month. And all his audience in comments hated Mortal too. More Likes then Dislikes.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Yea the broker is a mess, but it might be our fault. I put things on broker on rerolls and maybe that glitched it out (assuming everyone does this?) because I had things from various chars and it's all still on there. Can only load 1 page. Sometimes you get to buy, sometimes you don't. There's def no putting stuff on there. haha. Broker is a joke anyway, but I don't wanna sit around and spam either.

Bandits are no joke. haha.

Stable does eat horses but I'm still stackin' em. Since they added "xxxx added to your stable" that seems to work better. Imagine getting a horse to follow you back to town, as glitchy as that is, and then it gets eaten before next log in.

As for pets, I think you should be able to put your pet on someone but there should be a delay on commands. I dunno if anyone actually runs beast influence or w/e but that should be the downside. You think you're gonna be like SWITCH TARGET BEAR and it'll be like BAM. No. But eventually it should. Maybe based on the int (??) and your beast influence, it requires so many clicks to get your pet to switch a target/retreat but really, in most games, you are just letting your pet tank and draw aggro. You're supposed to do the heavy lifting. So I agree w/ you about the other stuff, but I dunno how I feel about people farming straight out with their pets unless they are just eating springbox or whatever. Same with pvp, you send your pet on a death mission, you should not be able to call it back, or pets, upon taking a certain amount of dmg consecutively, should retreat back to their master. shrugshrugshrug.

PS: Games either A gonna release in Jan kinda ehhh or B Starvault has given us a really long 40 dollar beta test. Cuz my bet is on... pushing it back. SV don't release a wack game.

ADD PICKABLES. FIELDS. Remember how carrots were? If it's a field it should have some pickables. It has things you can see but not interact with. Also, you should be able to turn in a circle in almost every place and in your line of sight there should be something to pick, this makes the world more interesting while you are wandering about.

But ground pickables... need more.

PPS: (extra p cuz of the length of my post), they did change the way the gifts were set up and said "x clades will have to reset their gifts", in patch notes, so that's one sunbeam. WAI.
Mortal Online since Mo1 has stated "You can be whatever you want but we have a Points system to make you value your choices of Character to make it powerful but make it so you can't be everything at once" that was their promise. That is why BeastMaster has always been a Class of it's own. Because the Pet is supposed to be strong, you put points into making yourself a part of the BeastMaster Class. With that being said, there is no way your pets should be Weak and you do all the work. Otherwise you should make all BeastMaster Skills Secondary and not Primaries that take points. And BeastMasters were always countered by Mounted Archers, even if you take the current Pet system and have it fight a MA the MA wins. And when HeadShot comes out pets die even faster. It doesn't make sense to rebalance a Entire Class if one class already counters it with no chance of beating the MA, just because FF has no chance of beating a Beast Master. Also Half of their audiance is MO1 Players who remembers the BeastMaster Class as it was. So you risk losing a sizable percentage of your player base when you only have a few classes in the game to begin with.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The balance is getting worse for sure. Need to stop listening to certain people.
Still dont have dismounts and swimming which is game breaking but lets just lower all the stam regen to make mounted better, and screw up the FF v FF.

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
With how many people are reviewing this game as terrible. They need every Sub, because active players now are part of the players that you would want to keep for a full release, and half my point is that they wanted to release the game this month, until they randomly decided January was a better release time. Mortal Online 2 - A Sandbox PVP MMO reviewed by someone who hates Sandbox PVP MMOs - YouTube This guy for example trashed on Mo1, and does the same in his review of Mo2. He thinks Mo2 people move in "Slow Motion" imagine telling him Stables don't matter, moving faster doesn't matter. But continue to pay a Sub of 15$ a month. And all his audience in comments hated Mortal too. More Likes then Dislikes.

First, to be clear, I didn't watch this video about the guy saying people move in slow mode... but at anyrate, here's my two cents on this... take it or leave it.
People in 60 pounds of armor/equipment running around trying to kill each other won't move like they do in Overwatch, Apex, or Call of Duty. I have trained in HEMA, and wearing armor, even after months of training is still pretty slow in real life. Yea, I can swing a sword faster, when I want to deal slight damage vs heavy damage, but this is a game, and the charge is a good mechanic.
Anyways, what I'm saying is the game slow on purpose.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
The balance is getting worse for sure. Need to stop listening to certain people.
Still dont have dismounts and swimming which is game breaking but lets just lower all the stam regen to make mounted better, and screw up the FF v FF.
What happened to the White Bear Spawn above Fabernum? Looks like it was removed wtf, i sat here for a hour and White Bear never came. And Can't even name horses anymore either.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
i think we have the double amount of bugs at release if they keep rushing for january

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
i think we have the double amount of bugs at release if they keep rushing for january
Nah, best way to do it is to try and add the baseline features that they are aiming for and aiming to have a big bug fix patch before release. The problem with adding new "systems", and especially major ones that encompass a lot of other systems is that old bugs resurface, new ones pop up and playing whack a mole with bugs just to have to do it all over again when you add something is a major waste of time.

And that seems like what they are doing, its simply the best way to do it. Unless a bug completely breaks the game and prevents it from being run there is not really a need to waste time on it before a big push for bug fixes.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Nah, best way to do it is to try and add the baseline features that they are aiming for and aiming to have a big bug fix patch before release. The problem with adding new "systems", and especially major ones that encompass a lot of other systems is that old bugs resurface, new ones pop up and playing whack a mole with bugs just to have to do it all over again when you add something is a major waste of time.

And that seems like what they are doing, its simply the best way to do it. Unless a bug completely breaks the game and prevents it from being run there is not really a need to waste time on it before a big push for bug fixes.
but i think they need to stop developing and start the bug fixing process now lol because they dont know how long it takes, imo 1 year.

Reactions: Tzone

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
but i think they need to stop developing and start the bug fixing process now lol because they dont know how long it takes, imo 1 year.
Nah, they have a roadmap of what they want to be in the game by release. They cant start doing major bugfixes before that. They are clearly fixing things that are priority, like game breaking bugs, database issues and so on. But they aren't whacking every little thing. For the before mentioned reasons.
Fixing a bug for a system that might be getting a major overhaul or system tied to it is 100% a waste of time, they know this.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Nah, they have a roadmap of what they want to be in the game by release. They cant start doing major bugfixes before that. They are clearly fixing things that are priority, like game breaking bugs, database issues and so on. But they aren't whacking every little thing. For the before mentioned reasons.
Fixing a bug for a system that might be getting a major overhaul or system tied to it is 100% a waste of time, they know this.
correct, alot of systems will be replaced or extended so its not high prio.