Would you like to have common Triangular based Magic ?

Would you like to have common Triangular based Magic ?

• Yes ! This could change the dynamics of the combat for more competitive Fights.

• Perhaps but I am uncertain.

• No ! I think Bandages are fine enough and stamina regen could be exploited.

• Dude get off my turf.

• Hey. I don't mean to be super magic but isn't this a bit too good to be true ?

• No Lollygagging.

• I would be interested to see how this could be implemented for more interesting Hybrid Fighting.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
Common Triangular based Magic are the most basic magic spells used to manage your Stamina, Mana and Health.

Mana regenerates Health.
Mana regenerates Stamina.
Health regenerates Mana.
Stamina regenerates Mana.

So what you have here are four basic magic spells that allow the user to manage his stats on a constant note. Darkfall Online used this, Elder Scrolls did aswell.
The question is if you would like to have those included in the game and if they should be common knowledge, accessible by everyone if invested points.
This could make the combat even more competitive and interesting.

Leave your feedback here and vote for your Choice !

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
some of thoses magic or similar skills could be fitting in one of the magic schools since there is many). I think we should wait for the already known magics schools from MO1 to be implemented. This in itself will be a complete game changer. You have a skills mana /heal transfer with undeads, such things in necromancy already, or a death hand that is draining health. Wait for thoses skills to be ingame and eventually see what the other magics schools gonna bring, it might very well be already planned.

Reactions: MyrmexThraxvágr

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
I don't think the entire system is needed (or can be implemented without overhauling how the current system work) but I think a stamina to mana spell can be used. It might need to have a hefty stamina usage, something like 50-75-100% stamina, for it to not be overpowered or needed to be spammed. Gives it a risk vs reward element aswell as give mages, who want to rely on their spells, a tool to use up their stamina to regain mana, potentially leaving them with an empty stamina bar if they use the tool incorrectly.

Reactions: MyrmexThraxvágr

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
No thank you, I main mage in MO1 and will in MO2 and I much prefer not playing a mini-game during my casting like in DF. Also you add many more balance hurdles to magic that have been done over 10 years of MO1. By the end of MO1 magic was in a good balanced spot imo, let's keep it like that. There's a reason people complained about pets 1000x more then magic overall.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
stamina is too valuable compared to other resources. and hybrid playstyle would get so much more OP if they have access to even extra stamina at the cost of mana.

Reactions: Rorry

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I like the idea of Darkfall magic, the way it works, but not this part.

But, I'll say this. We didn't explore all the magic school possibilities in MO1 because not all of them were in.

So potentially, stuff like this might already exist on paper somewhere and we just never have seen it.

Also the person talking about they mained mage and don't want to do 'rotations', just calm down. A mage in MO1 could mean they did a lot of different things, and some were more specific and concentrated in one school.

I personally would like to see a more 'hands on' physical mage, and a more support-based mage.

Ecumenical was a balance.

Necromancy was an offensive school.

Spiritism was a utility school.

Elementalism was a siege / group based school.