World - Empty on purpose or just not finished

Hendrix

Mar 27, 2021
Hey! I want to like this game. I like the hardcore nature of it and losing all your loot. I play lots of Dayz and EFT so this is just normal to me, and i like the 1PP combat. There seems to be lots of skills and crafting seems good, but my main concern is the world. It looks nice, but it's just empty. Will there be more points of interest around the map, roaming AI (bandits, zombies etc), large monsters....basically more stuff? I am not sure what MO1 was like, so I'm just wondering what to expect from this world on release, and if it is going to be vastly changed in terms of activity, or is this basically what it will be like at launch. and the world's life will be driven by the players (guilds, player buildings etc)
Cheers!

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
There will be more mobs added for sure, but even MO1 had large parts that were empty. Mobs were never super abundant, probably on purpose so that you’d have to compete for the good farming spots.

Saphirix

Mar 21, 2021
The houses, keeps, walls etc. will sure add to the world a lot, but one of Starvault's goals is to make the player feel small in a vast world, which I personally think is amazing. There will definitely be added more dungeons and creatures as well.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I think it is empty on purpose. I find that refreshing since worlds were there is mob spawner every 5 meters feel shit.

With points of interest it´s easier to focus player attention and it will differentiate between PvP centered activities and keep PvE content such as hunting more secludded and thus safe.

Or to put it another way: Finding and ganking someone in coloured forest gathering Dapplewood will be a challenge. Not a given like in the first game.

Dimandius

Mar 21, 2021
Bulgaria, EU
I'd expect a lot more to be added, in terms of mobs, bosses, hidden dungeons, caves, demon pillars and all sorts of stuff. I'd also expect them to introduce treasure chests, hidden books, or other interesting items to find in the world. Still, large parts of the world will probably remain relatively unoccupied in terms of interesting objects in order to allow for massive player structures (houses, palisades, keeps?). While in MO1 there were spaces that felt somewhat left out, most areas had plenty of content to keep one's attention, and I'd expect this to be the case in MO2, as well.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
It's not empty on purpose, devs have stated multiple times there's a lot to be added, especially in mob variety and spawners. Game isn't even in persistence yet so there's a lot of work to do left. Most the dungeons don't even have mobs yet or aren't finished.... If we compare MO1 mobs not including sarducca, we still missing way over half of the fauna / monsters from that game.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
In a twitch stream on Friday Henrik told about much more stuff coming with the persistent state. In my opinion the decision is really good to work in the testing phase with restricted number of different animals, bandits, plants and so on. We should NOT know where all Salvia spots are or where a very good farming spot is before the game goes persistent.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hey! I want to like this game. I like the hardcore nature of it and losing all your loot. I play lots of Dayz and EFT so this is just normal to me, and i like the 1PP combat. There seems to be lots of skills and crafting seems good, but my main concern is the world. It looks nice, but it's just empty. Will there be more points of interest around the map, roaming AI (bandits, zombies etc), large monsters....basically more stuff? I am not sure what MO1 was like, so I'm just wondering what to expect from this world on release, and if it is going to be vastly changed in terms of activity, or is this basically what it will be like at launch. and the world's life will be driven by the players (guilds, player buildings etc)
Cheers!
Well if you notice the skill trees has

avians

reptiles

mammals

insects.

I would expect a lot more to come.

even possibly 3-4 more continents

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
One difference I notice is how huge they have made everything. Mo1 felt like a pretty large game but just going through MK I was blown away by how large it is. There's gonna be so many player created areas, I can't wait

Reactions: Amadman

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm also guessing that there will be more wildlife added at a later time.

One thing I really hope to see is more ambient life and effects, like different kinds of birds, insects, small animals, leaves blowing, and the like.

Ultima Online did this very well, even in town there were birds flying around, urban creatures like stray dogs, cats and small mice scurrying about.

I do get the sense of what the OP is saying, the wilderness feels very still and quiet. I think that is the one thing that is unfortunately keeping the wilderness from having that lively and natural feel.

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
MO1 was pretty empty mob wise. One of the main reason the player base never grew imo. Now the map is 1000x bigger. Hopefully mob density vs map size is better this time around, but I don’t have my hopes up.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
MO1 was pretty empty mob wise. One of the main reason the player base never grew imo. Now the map is 1000x bigger. Hopefully mob density vs map size is better this time around, but I don’t have my hopes up.

This is not correct..... have you not played MO1 in 8 years or??.... There was tons of mob variety and plenty of mobs everywhere on the map. MO2 feels empty but MO1 did not,,, If you think it did then you sound like some of the people on steam reviews who also claimed it had no content.... lol total ignorance.

Slize

Mar 11, 2021
Cheers!

Its written in every patch notes that many monsters/animala spawn locations are missing.
Also in QA Henrik Said that they want to add alot of points of interest to game before they start thinking on expanding land

Reactions: Rankor

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
This is not correct..... have you not played MO1 in 8 years or??.... There was tons of mob variety and plenty of mobs everywhere on the map. MO2 feels empty but MO1 did not,,, If you think it did then you sound like some of the people on steam reviews who also claimed it had no content.... lol total ignorance.
That’s you opinion. “IMO”(in my opinion) For me it wasn’t populated enough. Mob spawn that matter were few and heavily contested. Reason why a lot of people quit. I would never claim the game has no content lmfao mining by itself is a shit ton of content. I’ve been plying MO since 2010. My biggest issue has always been mob spawn and stupid bugs.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Not finished, I would have hoped they had the brains to fill the world with the few mobs we do have though. Its not fun testing a empty game where most of your testing is running about.
Why they didnt fill the world with as many animals and humanoids as possible to test the server with loads of players is beyond me. And a huge missed oportunity.

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
Not finished, I would have hoped they had the brains to fill the world with the few mobs we do have though. Its not fun testing a empty game where most of your testing is running about.
Why they didnt fill the world with as many animals and humanoids as possible to test the server with loads of players is beyond me. And a huge missed oportunity.

patch notes say that a lot of AI spawners are not working and it's a known issue, i guess they are prioritizing the login issue atm before fixing that area

Hendrix

Mar 27, 2021
OK, good to know there is lots more planned. I am guessing several more stress tests will be needed in the future for increased mobs, wildlife, POIs and especially for when player built houses are implemented.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Look at it this way. Look at your Material Lores and look at how many are completely missing. Not even just that, but materials that were available from vendors in previous testing can't even be found legitimately in the game yet from the creatures they would come from. There's a LOT that still needs to be added, not even just from creatures but other natural resources.