Will thievery be in the game?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Unfortunately, I think most recordings of thievery from the victim's perspective would likely be 1 minute of getting looped around a stable and then the thief disappearing into the night, so it'd have to be pretty involved to be interesting.
You know, you can do split screens in video with views from more than one recording player? I'm told ( @Putzin via Guild Politics episode of Mortal Portal Podcast on YouTube) that some guilds are using Dropbox to share videos for compilation purposes.

Would that be enough involvement for you?

Oh, don't act like you don't like it. ;)
I'm not acting. I have protective instincts where you are concerned, and along with that goes a distaste for details.

Reactions: Kavu

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I wonder what it's going to be like, this time. Perhaps you can arrange to get yourself pick-pocketed and record all that happens as you try to stop the thief?
If my past experiences in MO1 tell me anything, I won't need to arrange for thieves to try to pickpocket me. They will do that all by themselves the moment I log in (or log out, as it was the case one time, and the thief succeeded I might add) whether I want it or not.

Several years ago, just standing still for 5 minutes while I readjusted my hotbar icons and UI scaling after I reinstalled the game, my main had no less than three separate thieves brazenly run up and pickpocket me in front of me. Having my back against the wall did nothing to deter them. I had nothing in my pocket on that occasion, as I was kind of expecting them.

I will of course try to record as much as I can this time round as usual, my guess is that Lashaniqua will be among the first to make their mark. She is by far one of the most prolific thieves I have ever seen, including Gray Fox.

Reactions: Najwalaylah