What's the difference? MO with new graphics?

Meltdown

Jul 20, 2020
I think one key point is, better graphics aside, the devs now have the game running on a far better engine than MO1 was running on.

I remember quitting MO1 back in 2012, and many other people back in those days too, because the game had a huge amount of technical issues. Devs would fix one thing and break another. Constant desync and lag issues were a thing, which never seemed to get fixed.

At least working on a modern version of UE, they're no longer held back by the engine, and this is only good going forward for the future of the game.

Sure its going to be a bit empty and lack content to start, but they've done the most imprtant thing here.. and that is have a solid platform to build on going forward..

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
The Part we have all avoided to tell you until now, is that Mo2 is better then Mo1 in a lot of ways. But one thing that I have to admit is Mortal Online2 is severely lacking with Content. * * *
There's an important footnote to this unenlightening observation: Development does not end with the beginning of Early Access².

Roadmap: https://www.mortalonline2.com/beta/#roadmap

The Under Development section of the Road Map (as of 2021-09-10, and subject to change)​
UD-MO2.png
Not sure what people expect from (open) Early Access, but it's EARLY to say that MO2 has less content as if it were... you know... finished. Especially as the current iteration of the game has expanded content which the first did not.

• Contrasting View: It's too early for 'release' in the form of Early Access.
  • Another Quibble: It's too late for 'release' u said it would be earlier than this!!!1!

And some folks might be furiously typing or vocalising both of those last two opinions alternately.

My Personal Hypothesis: Game Development makes some players <something, something>....​
"... Go crazy?"​
"DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!"​

----
Footnotes:
1) Everything above.
2) If that's what the thing scheduled to happen on Oct 26 is being called.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think SV has plenty of time to add another two or three mega patches before 26 October, recent history going back one year has shown that they can and have delivered.

As the roadmap shows, there is more of everything planned. I would say that the issue isn't going to be lack of content or new features, but how fast and how much SV can potentially pump out between now and EA.