What's the difference? MO with new graphics?

Gorukha

Sep 9, 2021
Hello, was just wondering if this is pretty much a reskin. Logged in, everything seems pretty much the same except new graphics.

I don't remember this game being such a huge success it needed a sequel.

Simple question, according to old players, is this a big improvement?

Gorukha

Sep 9, 2021
Bigger map? They couldn't populate the old one.......
Thanks for the answer.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Hello, was just wondering if this is pretty much a reskin. Logged in, everything seems pretty much the same except new graphics.

They have changed up how combat works, there are 4 directions now and different technical mechanics involved. They are also fleshing out a lot of what existed, for example we now craft horse armor and bags instead of buying them from a vendor.

I think summing up MO2 as a graphical and QoL upgrade is too shallow. In some ways, that makes sense, but it skips over the details which are important to notice. There is an actual, workable tutorial now (the first stages of one) that is far better and more functional than any other tutorial they've added.

General quality of development and features have gone up a lot. It is the same game at its core, but functionally it feels a lot different without losing the charm of the old game. I sincerely recommend you give it a try during this free test, which goes until the 12th. You noted you've logged in, I think it's worth messing about until you get a more robust feel of what is there - while still considering that we are in Beta.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
They have changed up how combat works, there are 4 directions now and different technical mechanics involved. They are also fleshing out a lot of what existed, for example we now craft horse armor and bags instead of buying them for a vendor.

I think summing up MO2 as a graphical and QoL upgrade is too shallow. In some ways, that makes sense, but it skips over the details which are important to notice. There is a an actual, workable tutorial now (the first stages of one) that is far better and more functional than any other tutorial they've added.

General quality of development and features has gone up a lot. It is the same game at its core, but functionally it feels a lot different without losing the charm of the old game. I sincerely recommend you give it a try during this free test, which goes until the 12th.
He said "simple question" so I gave him a simple answer.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Simple question
You again! Hi.
Answer complicated by (off the top of my head) Clade Gifts; not more than one character per account and no free-to-play; changes to Skill Points, etc.; and changes to 'issues of criminality'. So, not just a reskin, and some things different, probably most of the different things improved.

Last edited:

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Do you guys think these are paid shills for other open world pvp mmos? Or really upset past players? Or people afraid that MO2 will draw players from their favorite mmo?

Reactions: Moored

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

There is a few notable changes, 1.) We have Clade Gifts now which is basically Racial Abilities from other games. 2.) Melee Combat can now Combo attack, 3.) The developers want to give us Boats and Wagons, 4.) All melee weapons will have a special attack, 5.) Sator Spears, Demon Weapons, Megnaton Swords, Tindremic Hastas, Lictor Armor will all be able to be crafted. 6.) There will be NPC Daily Task, 7.) There will be 15 Schools of Magic, 8.) There will be controllable Boss Monsters ie; Dragons, Trolls ect... 9.) Mounts now have Armor and Bears and other pets can now be mounted with armor as well. 10.) Confirmed over 5000 Different Fishing Baits to be usable in game, and a huge variety of rare fish, they plan to make Fishing very interesting this time around, with many very rare fish as well as rare monsters that can be fished up from the sea through only fishing skill. 11.) Cities and Areas in the game will now be region locked with specific resources where those resources can only be found there but can be traded everywhere. 12.) There will be limits on TC this time around so players won't be able to block off resources, there is also other changes coming to TC they want to make it better somehow. 13.) Towns are now much safer Tindremic Lictors Can now Teleport to attack players as they did in MO1 Early days. 14.) Fist Weapons will be able to be crafted this time. 15.) There is plans for Crossbows, Poison Potions, Throwing Axes, Poison Arrows, Magic Staves, and Magic resistant Armor, as well as enchanting as part of the game. That's all I can think of off the top of my head but I know there was much more that I can't remember.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Do you guys think these are paid shills for other open world pvp mmos? Or really upset past players? Or people afraid that MO2 will draw players from their favorite mmo?
Lol speaking for myself I would say most of the post I put on here upset many of the Vets, because I make a lot of post designed around in my opinion improvement or helping the player base or drawing new ones in. So in hindsight, I don't think you will ever have to worry about Mortal Online2 having other mmos player base. They will probably have slightly more players then MO1 and then enter a slow decline same with last game. The Majority of the player base wants things to remain as hardcore as possible. So this game is more of a niche to players who enjoy full loot games, unfortunately there isn't a large market for those types of players. But I do believe we will have a bit more players this time around, hard to say how many though.... I really want the game to succeed this time around.

As for paid Shills? Absolutely that is basically what every Youtube Sponsorship for Raid Shadowlegends is... A Paid Shill. For Mortal Online? We have the content creation program, but no one seems to know much about it. There is rumors about Mo1 having had wealthy contributors who got special treatment but idk if you believe those rumors or not. There's also rumors of people who hated the game with a passion and wanted it to fail by DDOSing and stuff. Actually that's not a rumor, I lived through those times and remember the DDOSIng from back in the day. Most of our content is made from the player base coming up with their own tournaments, so time will tell if the devs get more involved with the community.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Unless someone's impersonating the @Gorukha whose username I think I recognise, then he's a genuine vet. In this case, his question is just what I'd ask if I was him, returning. Please understand that the MO1 forum & surroundings were full of at least one player, very full of himself and stuff, who repeatedly said that there was no MO2, and-- alternatively-- that it was going to be just a reskin... until MO2 Beta happened, of course. This prompts the very question found in the OP. Those who said it would be no more than a reskin were wrong. Water under the bridge.

Mortal Online always had its apparently homegrown detractors.

1. . .Some rabid detractors were evidently born upset (you know the type),
  2. . .and others might have become that way (there were valid complaints).
  3. . .Others became upset for being banned 'for cause'. Good riddance.
It's impossible to credit group (1) and group (3).

Before I could guess, even privately, as to whether any of them were being paid to shill, I'd have to ask the very perinent question "What other open world full-loot pvp MMOs?", since any open world PvP MMOs I can think of had some kind of safe zone or other characteristics defining them as not quite in the same competition.

• Is there some other game fundamentally like this, and is it close to starving for players?
  • And do game developers do that? Pay-for-whinge? I'm unaware of any such shenanigans, but it's s big small world after all, and it happens in social media where RL politics is involved.
Laylah's W Sig by Rathius_X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett.png

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
The Part we have all avoided to tell you until now, is that Mo2 is better then Mo1 in a lot of ways. But one thing that I have to admit is Mortal Online2 is severely lacking with Content. When you compare Mo1 to Mo2... Mo1 actually has a lot more Monsters and other stuff in it. We have a lot of developer promises of Mo2 getting a lot more then Mo1 ever did. But right here, right now Mo2 has hardly anything. The world is a Skeletal Bone Yard. (To give some context we are in Beta for just 1 more month, the game is being released to Steam in October)

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The Part we have all avoided to tell you until now, is that Mo2 is better then Mo1 in a lot of ways. But one thing that I have to admit is Mortal Online2 is severely lacking with Content. When you compare Mo1 to Mo2... Mo1 actually has a lot more Monsters and other stuff in it. We have a lot of developer promises of Mo2 getting a lot more then Mo1 ever did. But right here, right now Mo2 has hardly anything. The world is a Skeletal Bone Yard. (To give some context we are in Beta for just 1 more month, the game is being released to Steam in October)

One thing to note here is that MO1 took years to get that amount of content.

For example Tindrem was nothing but walls for a very long part of MO1's early existence.

The growth of the game over time is a part of the game.

Especially seeing it will not cost extra for the updates/expansions.

VYM

Sep 8, 2021
Nothing new. Everything same we saw in MO1:
- same empty world with dozen of spawns in it
- same clumsy, boring, outdated combat without any skill/perks/abilities
- same absolutely nothing to do
- same mess with quadrillion skills and subskills
- same lack of skill points with skillcap
- same only 1 char per account
- same not linked bankers
- same "run, Forest, run!" traveling system. They can not even copy/paste Mark/Recall system from theirs beloved UO 1997
- same few spells of boring and useless magic
- and of course tons of promises, potential, plans, etc. BUT! It's still same stubborn conservative team who failed with MO1 already.
So destiny of MO2 is pretty clear. They will just step second time on same rakes.
10 years passed since MO1 release and I'm really shocked that SV still stuck where they started. Not a single new, convenient for playing modern idea. Just MO1 in new wrap.

Thiar

Nov 24, 2020
- same "run, Forest, run!" traveling system. They can not even copy/paste Mark/Recall system from theirs beloved UO 1997
- and of course tons of promises, potential, plans, etc. BUT! It's still same stubborn conservative team who failed with MO1 already.
So destiny of MO2 is pretty clear. They will just step second time on same rakes.
10 years passed since MO1 release and I'm really shocked that SV still stuck where they started. Not a single new, convenient for playing modern idea. Just MO1 in new wrap.
Man you keep saying about mark/recall. I'm sure they could do it easily but it doesnt fit to MO at all.

In UO mark/recall had a lot of problems in gameplay wise. It made world a lot smaller (you just went to runelibrary and you didint have to travel at all). So you only had to carry 1 rune that was marked to runelib and you could travel anywhere with 1 button. Other problem was pvp. 1 guy scouted all spawns and then yells when he finds single pve specced char and 5 sec later there is 10 pvp characters zerging that poor guy.

Dont get me wrong. UO was the best game I have ever played but some of the things didint work there that well. MO is making something new and dont want to copypaste 100% from UO and thats good.

You really should move on if you dont have anything new thing to say. You keep repeating yourself over and over from same topics.

VYM

Sep 8, 2021
Man you keep saying about mark/recall. I'm sure they could do it easily but it doesnt fit to MO at all.

In UO mark/recall had a lot of problems in gameplay wise. It made world a lot smaller (you just went to runelibrary and you didint have to travel at all). So you only had to carry 1 rune that was marked to runelib and you could travel anywhere with 1 button. Other problem was pvp. 1 guy scouted all spawns and then yells when he finds single pve specced char and 5 sec later there is 10 pvp characters zerging that poor guy.

Dont get me wrong. UO was the best game I have ever played but some of the things didint work there that well. MO is making something new and dont want to copypaste 100% from UO and thats good.

You really should move on if you dont have anything new thing to say. You keep repeating yourself over and over from same topics.

MO is making something new? What is that for example? 10% of UO is something new? Benz without wheels, doors and steering wheel is new BMW according to your logic?
If SV could implement even 50% of UO magic I would be really impressed. But they can not. They just copy pasted few offensive spells from UO.
Where is at least 1 crowd control spell? Summon spell? Teleport? Nothing.
Actually everything I see is just MO1 on release. Unfinished crap with promises that "we will implement this later".

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
-Same empty world, but not actually the same world, and bigger... with more POI's and creatures, too. Almost like its not the same at all
-Same clumsy, boring, outdated combat without any skill/perks/abilities. Except... Clades..... better flow, better responsiveness between high and low ping users.
-same absolutely nothing to do. like all the professions, player economy, dungeons and pvp.
-same mess with quadrillion skills and subskills..... Aaaaaand?
-Same lack of skillpoints with skillcap. Except higher... and lower max requirement for peak efficiency.
-Same only 1 char per account. Except in Mo1 you could have 3. Did you lose your handler? Where are you a resident at?
-Same not linked bankers. And? Go back to WoW. Or is that why you are here whining? because they dropped the ball on your favorite game and its dying?
-Same ""run, Forest, run!" traveling system. They can not even copy/paste Mark/Recall system from theirs beloved UO 1997". See "go back to WoW", you can have your instant travel portals and flying mounts there.
-Same few spells of boring and useless magic. Except people like them and they are useful?
-and of course tons of promises, potential, plans, etc. BUT! It's still same stubborn conservative team who failed with MO1 already. As opposed to not hearing anything and them having no plans? Everything they have put on a roadmap so far has been finished pretty much on time and hasn't really disappoint. Go back to your old folks home and let us other people play.

5mj0jv.jpg

Gorukha

Sep 9, 2021
Well I always said the biggest problem with the game is Eryk. He had 2 huge opportunities to revitalise the game completely but he's too stubborn to admit he is wrong and just goes full retard down into the quicksand of his ideas. He just completely dropped the ball with Steam release and now MO2. I'm just a sideline critic bit I feel bad for the really cool people in the community who have supported this game for eons and keep getting kicked in the nuts/vag.

Reactions: VYM