What's the deal with Bandits now swarming and taking a team to finish a camp? As a gold farm this is terrible because the gold split is too Small

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Critique

It's not like they drop some Armor book or Spell book, it isn't like you are farming a Boss either. Why did they make it so it takes a team to do this now? If you can do it solo, it's going to take you forever so that isn't even in the argument anymore. This was a Gold Farm, the only viable one in the game too. Now they ruined it, because splitting the gold with that many people makes it less valuable. It's 30g per a Alchemist bowman that ain't shit.

My Suggestion:

Have the Bandit Leader Drop a Rare Book, or make it so he drops 200g on defeat. And Make the Alchemist Bowmans Drop 100g. This would make the gold split between team mates worth actually farming the camp again. Currently there is almost no reason to do this, it's just better gold farming Spider Queen and selling her book or Tephra and selling to other players. And that is only because people want Cronite, if they didn't then tephra wouldn't be a gold farm either. But the Game NEEDS more basic Gold Farming areas, and improvement of loot and gold upon the areas that already exist.

Ai is better, but Loot doesn't reflect the difficulty/amount of players needed so you aren't profiting very effectively

I do enjoy that bandit Ai is better now, the community wanted better Ai. But the Loot tables and Drops need badly updated to reflect the difficulty and amount of players needed to farm this. The Bandits was one of the only places in the game for solo players to test their skills after skeletons, and now it takes a team. The game desperately needs more Gold farms and a ton more monsters for solo players and small groups as well as Big Bosses and bigger areas that would be efficient for a bigger group.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
My only issue is that they restore all there health if they leash. I can still clear a bandit camp if the leash range is long, on a mage or archer. I havent tried as a FF yet.

I really hope that the leashing AI getting health back is temporary. Its really annoying if you are kiting them since they have a small leash range. I end up having to run back through bandits so they dont leash when ever I kite on mage. Its extremely hard to kill two regular bandits just because of the short leash range is too short.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
AI not aggroing together was silly. It's almost as though they couldn't communicate with one another when one got hit from an inbound arrow. Leashing is a necessary evil to gameable mechanics. Encouraging bandit camps/POIs to be group content is also good.

However, I've previously suggested that solo-able "patrols" or "packs" of 1-2 AI should patrol around the outside of the camps. This would also then encourage players engaging these mobs to team up with other players, to take on the main camp.

That said, the camps/POIs are actually already very solo-able as melee.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
My only issue is that they restore all there health if they leash. I can still clear a bandit camp if the leash range is long, on a mage or archer. I havent tried as a FF yet.

I really hope that the leashing AI getting health back is temporary. Its really annoying if you are kiting them since they have a small leash range. I end up having to run back through bandits so they dont leash when ever I kite on mage. Its extremely hard to kill two regular bandits just because of the short leash range is too short.
Exactly you have to figure out the leash range, and then after that pull them to the tree line, and if you pull too many then you have to wait for them to run back and only pull a few at a time, but then when they come back they are full hp. And that is what makes it difficult is they are full hp when they return, so you basically have to keep pulling and trying until you only get a few at a time, and by that point it's too time extensive to be a good solo farm because everything they drop isn't worth anything except the bowman dropping 30g. And as a Group farm this is straight up Dog Water because the gold split is just terrible.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
AI not aggroing together was silly. It's almost as though they couldn't communicate with one another when one got hit from an inbound arrow. Leashing is a necessary evil to gameable mechanics. Encouraging bandit camps/POIs to be group content is also good.

However, I've previously suggested that solo-able "patrols" or "packs" of 1-2 AI should patrol around the outside of the camps. This would also then encourage players engaging these mobs to team up with other players, to take on the main camp.

When was the last time you tried the bandit camps? They already have Bandits that Scout around it's been that way since before they changed it. As for Soloing as a Melee it follows the same principles as we have discussed above being the main issue is the leashing and Hp recovery. You have to keep trying again and again until you get just a few at a time enough to kill them but not enough for them to kill you. You pull them to the tree line to farm them and if you go past that they retreat and full hp recover. This is what makes it time consuming and annoying, and because none of them have the gold value to warrant things taking this long except the bowman that is why this hurts as a gold farm. Remember the value of each bandit head is basically nothing, so if it takes me a long time to do the strategy to kill the camp that means how many Skeleton heads could I have done to reach a better conclusion? I'm not in the realm of Role playing or just having fun, I like to make a profit while having fun, so I look at all aspects of a gold farm. They made the camps harder and didn't add more gold or a boss loot table to the bowman or leader and that is why this became a terrible gold farm. We also had one guy join us in the hunt, not someone in my guild but a dude in full steel that was struggling lol. He had to at least be average.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Critique

It's not like they drop some Armor book or Spell book, it isn't like you are farming a Boss either. Why did they make it so it takes a team to do this now? If you can do it solo, it's going to take you forever so that isn't even in the argument anymore. This was a Gold Farm, the only viable one in the game too. Now they ruined it, because splitting the gold with that many people makes it less valuable. It's 30g per a Alchemist bowman that ain't shit.

My Suggestion:

Have the Bandit Leader Drop a Rare Book, or make it so he drops 200g on defeat. And Make the Alchemist Bowmans Drop 100g. This would make the gold split between team mates worth actually farming the camp again. Currently there is almost no reason to do this, it's just better gold farming Spider Queen and selling her book or Tephra and selling to other players. And that is only because people want Cronite, if they didn't then tephra wouldn't be a gold farm either. But the Game NEEDS more basic Gold Farming areas, and improvement of loot and gold upon the areas that already exist.

Ai is better, but Loot doesn't reflect the difficulty/amount of players needed so you aren't profiting very effectively

I do enjoy that bandit Ai is better now, the community wanted better Ai. But the Loot tables and Drops need badly updated to reflect the difficulty and amount of players needed to farm this. The Bandits was one of the only places in the game for solo players to test their skills after skeletons, and now it takes a team. The game desperately needs more Gold farms and a ton more monsters for solo players and small groups as well as Big Bosses and bigger areas that would be efficient for a bigger group.
Because attacking an bandit camp by yourself should not be so easy? Also, the drops you suggest are absurd. It doesn't make sense to find that much gold off of a bandit.

Reactions: Valoran

Tzone

May 16, 2021

The one thing that I enjoyed and liked about MO2 was that the Mobs didnt have ridiculous health back on leash mechanics. The game was far better even if people would leash a mob and it wouldnt get its health back. Now the game is worse off. I really hope its a place holder.

Reactions: Valoran

Piet

May 28, 2020
The one thing that I enjoyed and liked about MO2 was that the Mobs didnt have ridiculous health back on leash mechanics. The game was far better even if people would leash a mob and it wouldnt get its health back. Now the game is worse off. I really hope its a place holder.
It just stops some of the cheese tactics, not all but some. It's a good thing.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Because attacking an bandit camp by yourself should not be so easy? Also, the drops you suggest are absurd. It doesn't make sense to find that much gold off of a bandit.
I was making around 200g-300g a Hour just going between the Bandit Camps before this patch, depending on drops. Now it isn't possible to get anywhere close to that. Because it takes much longer to farm the camps now. So my suggestion was actually meant to put the profit back to where it was before.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
It just stops some of the cheese tactics, not all but some. It's a good thing.
How is it a good thing? The game is so bare bones, I mean even more now then it was before. They took out all the Dire wolf spawns in Woods too and added roaming mobs. Everywhere you look you can hardly find anything in this game. And to the hardcore players we just want to get as much gold as before to buy items and do pvp again or other activities. But when it takes longer to farm stuff for less profits that isn't a good thing.

D

Dracu

Cant handle the next generation of AI.. i see i see. How about you go back to wow then :D

Reactions: Teknique

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Cant handle the next generation of AI.. i see i see. How about you go back to wow then :D
You must have me mistaken for those people who are still afraid of Pet Ai. I learned MA long ago, so I don't fear Ai. This post is not about Ai, it is about gold farming, and why gold isn't as high per hour as it was before.

Piet

May 28, 2020
How is it a good thing? The game is so bare bones, I mean even more now then it was before. They took out all the Dire wolf spawns in Woods too and added roaming mobs. Everywhere you look you can hardly find anything in this game. And to the hardcore players we just want to get as much gold as before to buy items and do pvp again or other activities. But when it takes longer to farm stuff for less profits that isn't a good thing.
Not being able to cheese mobs doesn't hurt gold farming just means you can't be shit at it.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I was making around 200g-300g a Hour just going between the Bandit Camps before this patch, depending on drops. Now it isn't possible to get anywhere close to that. Because it takes much longer to farm the camps now. So my suggestion was actually meant to put the profit back to where it was before.
That's an insane amount of profit.

Skip to
for a more informed view in line with this one.

Last edited:

Valoran

May 28, 2020
If gold is harder to get, it becomes worth more.

I'd rather we return to a state where a few gold pieces are worth quite a lot instead of every casual solo PvE player having 1000+ gold after a couple weeks of playing.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I even thought that the loot felt a little bit light when farming bandit camps already, because unless that bandit camp hasn't been touched for 12+ hours, there was only a couple gold in the chests at the most. I think server reboots also reset the chest loot as well. You can get a decent amount of gold from farming razorbacks or bears or something, easily accomplished solo, and have useful crafting materials to boot. I only bothered farming the bandit camps if I needed the gems or something.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I think something to evaluate here is not just the gold per hour or the difficulty of the AI, but moreover, the tiers of content and gold farming.

Veteran players often completely circumvent killing Undead and Bandits due to knowing how to grind out the best possible route to their desired material and crafting outfits, and then turn to mid and end game forms of income, such as dungeons, bosses, risar, minotaurs - etc. While I myself don't mind spending an hour in a graveyard, most vets I know want to vomit at the idea.

If you compare that to new players, think about the way they are led about. The tutorial throws them at some undead and directly links that to gold farming (along with cutting wood...) and teaches them to buy a book. If they take their time to explore, they will discover Haven Bandits, the Haven distinction due to them being... very weak.

This literally puts a path of progression in front of new players. Do some Undead, move to Bandits.

So a new player logs in after launch, manages to slaughter some undead, and makes their way to a bandit camp. In the tutorial this is braindead easy, you dont need max attributes or armor (last I checked) to fight multiple at once, missing parries and all. They edge near the gates and use their vendor or bad player made bow to pew one of the Bandits. Even if they pull only 1, they will likely die. The Myrland Bandits are powerful and relentless in comparison to everything else they have had to deal with at this point (assuming no intense wildlife encounters). Further still, if the Bandits charge enmass, this presents a very sturdy wall to the player in terms of progression and difficulty.

Imagine the player then in turn, finds some friends or a method, and begins to successfully pluck away at camps to make gold. It is better, relatively, than undead, but it is challenging. Meanwhile, veterans will be making much higher sums of gold with less challenge (in general).

This is not ideal.

• New Player does Undead as directed on Haven = EASY, small profit
    • New Players finds Bandits on Haven = EASY, small profit
      • New Player leaves Haven and finds Undead = EASY, small profit
        • New Player finds Bandit Camp = VERY HARD, median profit
The difficulty curve for new players needs to be evaluated.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Not being able to cheese mobs doesn't hurt gold farming just means you can't be shit at it.
Not being able to get the same gold farm as before every hour, does hurt gold farming. It isn't a matter of skill, no amount of skill can bring things back to the amount of gold it was possible to get before. But if you want to farm this for a hour + and tell me otherwise then idk what to say. But for things in this moment no such better gold farm exist and that is the problem and why I made this post. I don't think you are fully understanding what a gold farm is. Just because it drops gold doesn't make it a gold farm. Gold Farms are areas of games that are known places to acquire wealth quickly.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I think something to evaluate here is not just the gold per hour or the difficulty of the AI, but moreover, the tiers of content and gold farming.

Veteran players often completely circumvent killing Undead and Bandits due to knowing how to grind out the best possible route to their desired material and crafting outfits, and then turn to mid and end game forms of income, such as dungeons, bosses, risar, minotaurs - etc. While I myself don't mind spending an hour in a graveyard, most vets I know want to vomit at the idea.

If you compare that to new players, think about the way they are led about. The tutorial throws them at some undead and directly links that to gold farming (along with cutting wood...) and teaches them to buy a book. If they take their time to explore, they will discover Haven Bandits, the Haven distinction due to them being... very weak.

This literally puts a path of progression in front of new players. Do some Undead, move to Bandits.

So a new player logs in after launch, manages to slaughter some undead, and makes their way to a bandit camp. In the tutorial this is braindead easy, you dont need max attributes or armor (last I checked) to fight multiple at once, missing parries and all. They edge near the gates and use their vendor or bad player made bow to pew one of the Bandits. Even if they pull only 1, they will likely die. The Myrland Bandits are powerful and relentless in comparison to everything else they have had to deal with at this point (assuming no intense wildlife encounters). Further still, if the Bandits charge enmass, this presents a very sturdy wall to the player in terms of progression and difficulty.

Imagine the player then in turn, finds some friends or a method, and begins to successfully pluck away at camps to make gold. It is better, relatively, than undead, but it is challenging. Meanwhile, veterans will be making much higher sums of gold with less challenge (in general).

This is not ideal.

• New Player does Undead as directed on Haven = EASY, small profit
    • New Players finds Bandits on Haven = EASY, small profit
      • New Player leaves Haven and finds Undead = EASY, small profit
        • New Player finds Bandit Camp = VERY HARD, median profit
The difficulty curve for new players needs to be evaluated.
Thank you for explaining further so other players can try to understand the point of view here. Yes you are correct, and that is also a issue is that Graveyard was a solo area for noobs with the progression being bandits after. I mentioned that before about how those were the considered solo areas to test skills and earn a bit of money. Players soon learned that bandits could be the best source of gold in the game and then for whatever reason Starvault nerfed the gold farm without adding anything else to the game. Just because I can get a group of 10 people to farm spiderqueen for the Ranger Armor book doesn't mean I am replacing the gold from the bandits. Especially since that gold needs split between those 10 people, as well as bandits didn't need a bunch of people to do the camp. Now if you do it solo it takes much longer. But Starvault did not add anything new to the game as a area that just drops gold at a pace that can be called a proper goldfarm. Minotaurs don't exist yet, so we can't farm the gold and gems they would drop yet. It's just a shit show all around when you take something away and don't put something else in it's place. And for whatever reason there is always someone in the comments that just wants to argue for the sake of arguing "Hahaha I can do it Solo, Lol Noob" that doesn't mean anything, everyone and their grandma can do a bandit camp solo. But if it takes 10 years to do it then it isn't a gold farm anymore. Graveyard is very comparable to Bandit Farming right now. And Bandits are supposed to be a Tier Content above Graveyard. You pull like 3 bandits every time now, and if you accidentally pull 5 then the mob resets because unless you are in good armor you can't fight 5 at once. So they run away and then heal and you gotta be more careful to pull them and this waste time and energy. Meanwhile if i cloned myself farming graveyard I could have got 20 heads at graveyard already. Making Bandits not be worthy of my time.