We were informed a week ago that the servers can handle over 100k people

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It's always funny how people are shitting on developers work and saying you could fix things easily who haven't written one line of code in their entire life and also wouldn't be cognitively able to.
Fanboi noobs on the hype train go so fast u can hear their hearts crackling when hitting SV's brick wall.

Bigdeeck

Jan 29, 2022
Agreed, people need to be a bit more patient, people are expecting mountains moved over night. The expectation that from a smaller dev team for them to fix queuing issues faster than the 2+ weeks that it took blizzard to do the same is laughable. But frustration is definitely warranted but people need to find something better to do with their lives than bother everyone else with their insecurities.
I'd be patient and give them the benefit of the doubt if they just allowed me to get a refund first and apologize to us second, in that exact order. I don´t give a f*** what Blizzard did or does, if they had issues for two weeks and did not offer refunds, shame on them as well. And I do not want to find something better to do, thank you, I want my money back, then I'll find something better to do, in that exact order... It should be me who decides if I want to repurchased or not after this disaster of a launch is fixed and not getting instead vomit all over that PR stunt from Hendrik.... give me my money back, then I'll decide whether you deserve my money or not when you fix your product.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'd be patient and give them the benefit of the doubt if they just allowed me to get a refund first and apologize to us second, in that exact order. I don´t give a f*** what Blizzard did or does, if they had issues for two weeks and did not offer refunds, shame on them as well. And I do not want to find something better to do, thank you, I want my money back, then I'll find something better to do, in that exact order... It should be me who decides if I want to repurchased or not after this disaster of a launch is fixed and not getting instead vomit all over that PR stunt from Hendrik.... give me my money back, then I'll decide whether you deserve my money or not when you fix your product.
Refunds are handled through steam? Not moaning on the mortal online 2 forum?

Bigdeeck

Jan 29, 2022
Again, I'd appreciate if you did not personally attack me, I am writing here my options in reaction to someone calling out for patience and comparing this launch to other MMOs launches, which I find particularly irrelevant. I am not attacking anyone else than the team that put this product out. I'd appreciate if you did not insult me because as far as I can read on my post I did not insulting anyone here, I just defend myself from you personally accusing me of moaning.

Steam is not giving refunds, because I spent 2 hours + in Haven. What I expect is the company that put out this product to come out and clearly state they f***ed up and we, as consumers, were deceived and should get steam to refund us immediately, instead they are PRing the f*** out of this situation, which I do not appreciate.

If you are able to respond in an adult alike way I will respect your opinion, but if you continue to insult and attack my opinions (I understand you see them as bitching and moaning, I see them as valid points) I will have no other choice than report you.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Again, I'd appreciate if you did not personally attack me, I am writing here my options in reaction to someone calling out for patience and comparing this launch to other MMOs launches, which I find particularly irrelevant. I am not attacking anyone else than the team that put this product out. I'd appreciate if you did not insult me because as far as I can read on my post I did not insulting anyone here, I just defend myself from you personally accusing me of moaning.

Steam is not giving refunds, because I spent 2 hours + in Haven. What I expect is the company that put out this product to come out and clearly state they f***ed up and we, as consumers, were deceived and should get steam to refund us immediately, instead they are PRing the f*** out of this situation, which I do not appreciate.

If you are able to respond in an adult alike way I will respect your opinion, but if you continue to insult and attack my opinions (I understand you see them as bitching and moaning, I see them as valid points) I will have no other choice than report you.
You got rejected by the automated system, because its automated. If you actually put in a support request, which you can. They'd most definitely approve it.

Now stop bringing it up here like it will make a difference.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i have my doubts that sv will be able to truly fix the situation without some major changes including a dynamic load range. as more and more people congregate together in cities (or in battles), the load on the server is not a linear increase but an exponential one. Some way of restricting player load range when in congested areas would certainly improve the situation on the server, tho perhaps at the cost of not seeing people until they are literally on top of you. something like this might not be too bad if restricted to city areas, but would be devastating in a large battle. places like the bank might still be just an unbearable mess.

as someone mentioned earlier, throwing hardware at the issue is probably not the solution. If you have an exponential problem, then you would need to be able to afford exponential hardware.

-barcode

druez

Jan 9, 2022
I can see how this problem happened. Let's give them a few weeks before we freak out.

Since there are certain spawn points into myr from haven (depending on which town you select), I think it would make sense to show the capacity of the node before selecting where you want to spawn. Then maybe having queues specific to the nodes you are spawning too. I think one issue they are having is that there is one queue for myr and the way the queue works it looks at the health of the entire world and not just the cluster it is trying to spawn into.

Not a game developer, but been an IT Director for 20 years and led a ton of teams on real-time data development. But, this is PURELY conjecture on my part, just killing time during the queue.

Either way they've built an amazing game and I'll be patient. I've been waiting 20+ years to a true UO successor, I can wait a few weeks for this to be ironed out.

Reactions: Najwalaylah