Was one character per account a mistake?

PoniGO

Mar 23, 2021
100% not true.

First of 70SKill is enough to make max dmg weapons for example.
Buthcery are now with one animal lore onyl 300 points.
Gathering stuff has more secondaries.

And they still can patch mroe points for crafting in wich would be nice.

But one char per account is a very good move because it gives the palyers consequences on there actions, and that never existed before and that was sad.
So now if someone greef new players his reputation is ruined and his guild reputation is ruined. and thats good. No alts that 24/7 making random shit stuff ingame.

I understand correctly that 70 skill is enough for crafting everything in general, bows, armor and other things so that they are of maximum quality? And what will happen if you craft at skill level 100, are there any extra charges in the form of additional durability or craft items become less weight? And what about extracting skills and knowledge of machine tools for them, too, is 70 enough?

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I understand correctly that 70 skill is enough for crafting everything in general, bows, armor and other things so that they are of maximum quality? And what will happen if you craft at skill level 100, are there any extra charges in the form of additional durability or craft items become less weight? And what about extracting skills and knowledge of machine tools for them, too, is 70 enough?
You will get more durability if your skills is 100.

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
YOu all forgot one very important factor. If you make a sword witth the skill 70 or 60 you will have the same dmg as with skill 100. Henrik claimed that once in older stream. If im not mistaken.

But you will have less dura and you can't name it. So Stop crying and start thinking, if you calculate your char right you can easy make
buthcer/armocrafter/weaponcrafter/extractor in one char.

SO please to all people. stop crying about something that henrik already have solution for.

anyway before I spray more salt.
Party hard ya all.
Been enjoying your char build guides will you make one for buthcer/armocrafter/weaponcrafter/extract?

Back on topic I plan to have 4 accounts at the start of the game. Same as in MO1. I dislike having to wait on other people to craft for me. I also hate to travel when trading and more so now that the map is so huge. Unless there's a rule on account limit. I'll most likely have up to 9 accounts. Maybe not all prem at the same time. Steam doesn't have a limit on how many accounts you can have and if I remember right you can have 10 steam account per email.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Been enjoying your char build guides will you make one for buthcer/armocrafter/weaponcrafter/extract?

Back on topic I plan to have 4 accounts at the start of the game. Same as in MO1. I dislike having to wait on other people to craft for me. I also hate to travel when trading and more so now that the map is so huge. Unless there's a rule on account limit. I'll most likely have up to 9 accounts. Maybe not all prem at the same time. Steam doesn't have a limit on how many accounts you can have and if I remember right you can have 10 steam account per email.
YOu can have as many accounts as you want. But I dont think you need so many chars. if you really wanna do every professiona nd every playstyle ingame than 4chars are enough evne 3 if you plan it right. xD but wow youre evne more dedicated than i am im considering if i make 1 or two. xD
party hard.

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
YOu can have as many accounts as you want. But I dont think you need so many chars. if you really wanna do every professiona nd every playstyle ingame than 4chars are enough evne 3 if you plan it right. xD but wow youre evne more dedicated than i am im considering if i make 1 or two. xD
party hard.
I just like to have max skills even if having 100 only gives me extra dur. Lol

Mar 25, 2021
So is it 1 Character per account to have more people buy second/third accounts with Subs or they going to actually limit it some how to one per person period? Trying to figure out if this a money grab that then pushes me away from the game more or if it was for exploiting reasons that some hardcore PVP games have rules for.

PoniGO

Mar 23, 2021
And what was finally approved that there will be one slot per account? It just would be more convenient to buy an additional slot for the price of a new account, for example, I want to play with all 4 races because of their unique bonuses, but it would not be convenient to constantly re-login to different steam accounts, you can't start 2 steam accounts.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
And what was finally approved that there will be one slot per account? It just would be more convenient to buy an additional slot for the price of a new account, for example, I want to play with all 4 races because of their unique bonuses, but it would not be convenient to constantly re-login to different steam accounts, you can't start 2 steam accounts.

True, though the main downside of this is that if you have multiple computers you can play both characters at the same time with multiple accounts. Certain actions like mining and woodcutting are low enough input to allow this viably. I had both my character and my fiances character woodcutting and mining on our respective computers while she was asleep the other day for instance.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
So is it 1 Character per account to have more people buy second/third accounts with Subs or they going to actually limit it some how to one per person period? Trying to figure out if this a money grab that then pushes me away from the game more or if it was for exploiting reasons that some hardcore PVP games have rules for.
you dont need a second char, you really dont need one.
you have plenty of options and opportunity with just one. :)

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Add paid race changes, problem solved.

Not rlly though cause its going to be super cancer having a single character living on the far edge of the map when all the PvP is happening on the other side.

I dislike the map size increase but understand why they did it. That doesnt change the fact how much more cancer the game is going to be with such a huge map. It was already a pain in the ass traveling in MO1, its going to be even worse now unless they increase mount speeds by a lot. It probably takes longer now to ghost from morin khur to GK than it did from Kranesh to GK in MO1. To be honest, they might aswell add portal chambers at this point like Darkfall has. Im not gonna waste 3 fucking hours riding a horse to the jungle to participate in a siege then BACK HOME, its a game.

Also all the obvious stuff like having to pick a SINGLE character build and being hardlocked to it. No longer able to have both a mage and a warrior, AND a hybrid. Also the fact theres different builds within the classes themselves. I had several different types of warriors and a hybrid, now im most likely just going to play a warrior, most people playing in PvP focued guilds will probably get shoehorned into the meta builds and probably forced to buy a second account most realistically.

nazgo

May 29, 2020
Been testing things for a while now, and 1 char per account is pretty baaad with the current implementation of the skilltree.

It was already pretty sad that I cant make a mage anymore, as theres simply no reason to make a mage only account. Then I started theorycrafting with my old mo1 builds, and no, I dont want to make my dagger hybrid my only character, or my foot archer my only character, or any other of the weird builds I really loved playing in MO. Its simply best to make your average melee fighter and maybe try to squeeze some riding into the build :cautious: or just give up and make multiple accounts :/

PoniGO

Mar 23, 2021
you dont need a second char, you really dont need one.
you have plenty of options and opportunity with just one. :)

Wait a second, please explain to me, I apparently don't understand something, I'm now trying to make a universal character in the calculator as promised by SV, who can fight and at the same time craft everything for himself, I don't have enough points, whatever one may say, the character is Tindremet, Gift for all lore, I thought that it gives knowledge everything to the maximum, it turned out that only 10 points are given in each lore of materials, the character must be able to process ore with the maximum yield and butcher carcasses + craft armor + bow + weapons, even if you make craft for 70 points, it turns out you need 2000+ points, it doesn't fit in any way...

In MO1 I had one character extracting ore and metals, refine up to ogmium, knowledge all ore extracting appliance, there wasn’t enough points for anything else, the second character was a butcher and made armor + bows, the third was a weapon crafter + made shields, even according to the old builds of crafters nothing changed, the Great Natorus both required primary points and requires...

Last edited:

SoftHater

Mar 16, 2021
Hot place full of hate.
Wait a second, please explain to me, I apparently don't understand something, I'm now trying to make a universal character in the calculator as promised by SV, who can fight and at the same time craft everything for himself,

Did I miss some 180° turn in the game development, or just we do have different concepts for universal and everything?
As far as i can remember the initial SV mission with both MO and MO2 was to make an hardcore sandbox game where game experience is hugely impacted by player interaction.
Now i can state there were some changes in game design that made it less hardcore, and not fully enhance the sandbox aspect,
but
I really can't even imagine Henrik or someone in SV team claiming such a thing as universal character able to be fully capable in (everything) both combat, gathering and production (mining, blacksmithing, alchemy, sorcery, taming, thieving, ranged combat, multiple melee combats, and so on).
Am I wrong?
You can surely do some hybrid builds being able to specialize (not in full) in more different skills, but if you are looking for to be the solo one-man-army jolly-guy who can do everything just by himself, I think you should try some single player fantasy game.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Wait a second, please explain to me, I apparently don't understand something, I'm now trying to make a universal character in the calculator as promised by SV, who can fight and at the same time craft everything for himself, I don't have enough points, whatever one may say, the character is Tindremet, Gift for all lore, I thought that it gives knowledge everything to the maximum, it turned out that only 10 points are given in each lore of materials, the character must be able to process ore with the maximum yield and butcher carcasses + craft armor + bow + weapons, even if you make craft for 70 points, it turns out you need 2000+ points, it doesn't fit in any way...

In MO1 I had one character extracting ore and metals, refine up to ogmium, knowledge all ore extracting appliance, there wasn’t enough points for anything else, the second character was a butcher and made armor + bows, the third was a weapon crafter + made shields, even according to the old builds of crafters nothing changed, the Great Natorus both required primary points and requires...
doing everything yourself and being with one char self sufficent is not the intension henrik had in mind.

dont ge tme wrong i love it to be self sufficent myself. but that is not how this game is designed. If you don't need other players for the stuff you want to achive. than you can simply play an offline game.

I also want to mkae X things. but with a human for exmaple you can skill around every aspect of the game and every playstyle. to find what you want and than you can stick with it. Sure you will have not the 100% opportunity. but its still a good system that for some special stuff you need to rely on other people wich is a good thing.

and besides that you can fit a lot of stuff in your 1200 proffesion skills and also a lot in your 1100 combat skills. It just dpeends on what you wanna do.
But for most people you can do a lot of jobs.

And maybe they will patch in more proffesion points later noone knows.
I hope they will do that.

Reactions: SoftHater

risarshop

Mar 25, 2021
1 char for account is a good damn idea. will prevent the same old players to have decade of chars linked to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoftHater

Strilan

May 28, 2020
In MO1 the accounts with multiple character had been nice for self-sufficient players. In the first years we had three character slots and after some years we got the fourth character slot. That was a bad idea by StarVault following the complaining players. The system ended not only with many players using more than one subscribed account but also using dozens of f2p accounts. Even small guilds or single players had no problems to get enough characters into their guild to be able to get a T4 or T5 guild stone, it just took some weeks of daily f2p account creation and enough email addresses.

The new system is great and increases player interaction and trade! Of cause some players will buy a second account sooner or later and create a character on a second PC. But this will not be abused as much as in MO1.
I already have three.

sQfrUiK.png