Warning to new players:

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
First, you were indeed specifically vague and now you're trying to cover glaring issues up with the rug pretending as though because a promise of sieging or destructible housing in a future update excuses the current state of the game. I don't care what this game "promises" when the fact is that SV has no obligation to you now that the game has been purchased.

Of all professions, armor crafting should be the most or second most important in a fantasy medieval combat game. If the profession isn't profitable, then that is simply poor game design- no matter what excuse you seem to think explains why. Do you think weapon crafting is any different? What about alchemy?

If these are legitimate complaints from a new player who do you expect this game to attract? What do you think will happen if you see for yourself that new players are turned away in disgust? Isn't it more likely that you've developed coping mechanisms to deal with playing a poor quality game, such as lying to yourself about how an unimplemented sieging and uncontestable property system where you can place houses next to resources is ruinous in a pvp game since "the developer promised us?" You sound like a child.

Stating that the game is turning into world of warcraft by converting droppable player equipment into non-droppable equipment is not hyperbole. First it was full loot, then spellbooks and capes, then trinkets... Next you'll start seeing weapons that can't be dropped on death and take no durability damage- wouldn't that be fun? It's not a slippery slope argument. Face the facts: Over time, this game has turned the full-loot pvp nature of the game, which it sold people on, into something more akin to a typical pve mmorpg. The most valuable items in this game are exactly the same ones that can't be transferred on death.
Spellbooks and trinkets were the only thing that didn’t drop in mo1. Although I’m not against them dropping, it is abit hyperbole.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I think most of ops points were kinda "eehh I mean I guess" but I think the point about Bron is very valid. I think mid/low grade metals need a small buff and animal materials need nerfed (probably just decrease drop rates on butchery)

Reactions: Kaquenqos

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Let me preface this by saying that I am indeed leaving Mortal Online and what you can expect to find here is a forewarning so that you don't waste tens or hundreds of hours of your time coming to the same conclusions just because the game has eye-candy and sound effects that entice you to stay.

Reading some of the other threads it looks like I wasn't alone in being misled by veteran players pretending to be ignorant of the problems that they have encountered or how those problems impact the enjoyability of this game or how for the sake of "secrecy and mystery" glaring flaws in the game are being swept under the rug.

So... tens or hundreds of hours, so you would say you're casual... noted.

1st point, false.
Most of the skills in game do have an effect on something or are actually implemented. I will for one be the first to point out when things arent in game but this statement is flat out false. Of all the primary skills in game there are a handful that actually are not in game yet, Beast Mastery, Beast Influence and that is about it. Even Balance has an effect in game.

2nd point. Lacks understanding of WHY those mechanics are in place.
History lesson time. In MO1 people with their weapon put away used to run faster than a person with their weapon out. This lead to players who didnt want to fight just putting their weapon away and out running anyone who was chasing them, and they had more stamina. This was changed in the hopes of promoting PVP. It worked. Mages this time around have it easier as you can have a weapon and shield equipped unlike in Mortal Online 1 when you couldnt even have a torch in your weapon slot and cast. So for better or for worse it is balance. Had you mentioned how melee weapon balance is horrible or how bows outside of the longbow is completely useless against any armor you may have had a point.

3rd... Building and sieging isnt fair. Well suck it up buttercup life isnt fair.
So first I would like to point out that there is NO sieging currently and we dont know how that will work yet. Second nothing prevents you from putting down a stronghold or a house somewhere. If you have half a brain you can do it pretty easily, hell I can put down several if I choose to myself. Perhaps instead of crying about those "zerg guilds" you should perhaps build a guild and counter it. Just a thought.

4th the market.
The market is the market, in some places its really good in other places it is really bad. If it is bad where you are perhaps you should find a place where it isnt so bad. That is the joy of having markets being local and not global. Also you are not factoring the cost savings guilds have when they produce things IN HOUSE... wow another reason to hate the evil "zerg guild"!!!

5th... welcome to Mortal.
Oh no the community hurt my feelings. Well dont go to New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Glasgow, York, Rome, or any major city that isnt over run by soy fed hippies. They will crush your feelings. RP happens, and I have had some interesting interactions in the wild with people. Some bad, some good. It is what you make it.

6th point... well you finally hit something on the head.
I guess the sun shines on a dogs arse at least once in its life.

Some end thoughts:
- Players are bypassing the single character limit and creating an unfair advantage against players who want to enjoy a single-character experience.
- Melee combat is boring and feels like a slow-paced version of whack-a-mole with only 4 holes.
- Low level materials are extremely time consuming to make but equally worthless (such as bron).
- The directional voice chat system is broken in this game and sounds will come from an area opposite of where it originated.
- Weapons are still being unsheathed as invisible in spite of patch notes claiming otherwise.
- My frames per second actually go down when disabling DLSS (I believe this may be due to forced and poorly optimized anisotropic filtering)
- The colors in this game are way too saturated and the dark is easily avoided and exploited by changing gamma settings.

Nothing is stopping you from creating another account. Its their money they paid for it its on them. Or as we say in my personal discord, "dont be poor".

Melee combat is slow vs NPCs and not against decent players.

Low level materials are worthless in real life too... But materials like bron in game have a use... its a shame you dont know what they are.

I have never experienced that, sounds like you have an issue on your system with the sound.

Weapon invisible glitch is a known issue.

Of course your frame rates will drop when you disable DLSS... that is like saying my frame rates dropped when I turned up my settings. I face palmed so hard in this line it sent me back in time.

Colors... well again sounds like your graphics are not properly setup on your system. I hadnt changed a thing for the game other than some optimization tweaks on my old 1650Super GPU to get 60fps stable. I didnt change gama or the brightness. Yet I can see just fine at night in game. You know there is a brightness adjustment test you can run on your monitor, you are supposed to barely be able to see the last grey bar... it shouldnt be invisible.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Of course your frame rates will drop when you disable DLSS... that is like saying my frame rates dropped when I turned up my settings. I face palmed so hard in this line it sent me back in time.

Yeah I thought that was so strange that I thought maybe he meant enabled instead of disabled? lol

Reactions: Hodo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Game is in a lot of ways trash. It is moderately active and able to be molded. I decided to second base Hyll and I got the market popping v fast. Of course, I have 3 chars lawl. I also know how to fill gaps. So many markets in this game are open because so many people quit. Market is one of the few interesting and skill based pve mechanics left in the game IMO lol. Everyone has 70 armor armorers, tho. Food, bows, pets... weps. Pet armor. 70-70 spec = money, economy.

You can see things change in the world as you invest time in them (the actual purpose of a sandbox, imo, shaping), and that's cool, but in the end, yeah, it's up to SV to provide the content. Just waiting to talk about patch speakingof!

Recon

Jun 21, 2020
I'm not sure why you seem to think that the pvp is at fault when I've made it clear that I came here for the pvp. This isn't my first full-loot pvp game and it certainly won't be my last. I do have a problem with players with experience and money and large numbers through established communities or guilds doing 120 damage to me while I scratch at them for 30 damage and being camped outside of the city walls. I have seen the same person roam around killing naked people on the Meduli beach for 6 hours at a time. I have seen groups of people gather to stop these criminals. But that is neither here nor there when my primary complaint is that the mechanics, desync and lag in this game are poorly designed.

I think the problem is that as disappointed as I am with some of the features in this game I can look past many of them - such as a poor crafting system, although probably because years of poor crafting has trained me to cope with poor development of them - but every time I leave town to go kill something it feels bad. Having to sheath and un-sheath my weapon every time I want to cast a spell, the delay in switching weapons, being unable to use a torch in your offhand even though this game has such an impressive darkness, the cast times so long on horse-back I feel like I've been cc'd, having to tell your pet to follow you every time you click attack, being hit in the back by somebody 15 meters away from you due to lag... for lack of a better word the combat in this game just feels "bad." Worse, there are only 8 mob types that give experience so I found myself too many times killing the same boring mobs with the same bad mechanics.

I wanted to like this game. I'm sure many did of the supposed 110,000 copies sold. The combat is just bad in this game, but even if it wasn't this game has way too many issues such as the ones described above to make it worth playing even for those that put greater emphasis on other aspects of the game such as territory control and guild management or marketing and crafting to ignore the blatantly poor combat.

Being camped outside of walls happens in every PVP type game and camping people, which is weak as hell, This has happen for years. Guild or not.. This is part of a design flaw, for new players, they should have an area that gets people going.. yes its a hard core PVP game, I played and developed them since the 90's, so I understand that more than most..... BUT these PVP games, which I love, are flawed, new players, want to learn, there is nothing hard core about spawning kill a brand new player.... This is why I would of added a new player area, for people get to started and learn the game.......

MO should do this and sure the vets will whine, I played MO1 from beta and on and off since... .. SO I understand how it works but most people I know all hated this game due to how they could never play the game casually as they have a job, like most adults and would like to play but are not able due to someone, thinking there cool to kill a naked, or a newbie.. Sorry but I played and ran enough guilds that if I seen my own guild member doing that, I kill him and kick him from my guild back in the day.... its weak... and takes no skill. Your just being a dick when you do that...

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Being camped outside of walls happens in every PVP type game and camping people, which is weak as hell, This has happen for years. Guild or not.. This is part of a design flaw, for new players, they should have an area that gets people going..

Surely a player with your magnitude of experience and expertise didn't skip over and not see Haven the beginning non-PVP area where you learn basic combat and the skill system/UI before you port yourself to the real world, lol....

Rask

Sep 28, 2022
Surely a player with your magnitude of experience and expertise didn't skip over and not see Haven the beginning non-PVP area where you learn basic combat and the skill system/UI before you port yourself to the real world, lol....
While Haven is a great place to learn the basics and grind Clade, it doesn't let newcomers amass wealth to get started in the mainland.

Your average new player is going to spawn in with 3G worth of items, which isn't even enough to buy a horse. So the first thing they usually do is go to the graveyard to grind a few zombies (which the games teaches you to do) or pick flowers around town. However, if you have someone in full plate armor killing newbies left and right outside the town walls, or sniping their horses from the hill, that's going to make them feel there's not much that can be done to properly get started in the game.

I've found that most people aren't averse to losing their things in PvP, but it becomes a frustrating experience when there's not much that can be done against veterans that are just camping newcomers for fun. It's more likely for them to just quit, because it's easy to wrongly assume the game is nothing but that.

I understand a lot of veterans want to preserve the "sanctity" of a full-loot PvP game that makes everyone's grandma quiver in fear, but I think they also have to realize bringing certain protections to newcomers is not going to trivialize the experience as a whole. It's simply investing into the future of the game by mitigating people from quitting due to frustration.

What I'd personally do is give fresh spawns a buff that prevents them from getting PK'ed in the graveyard. It can only last a day or so, just so they can get their bearings and at least amass a little bit of gold and armor sets for when it wears off. Of course, the downside is that it could (and would) be exploited with bots running rampart while being untouchable. So it would have to be tuned accordingly.

prestodotexe

Oct 2, 2022
Thank you for this post, I really was thinking about buying this game but see now how many flaws it has, I checked the charst on SteamDB.com and in fact this year alone it has gone from 9000 players down to 1100 most days. not passing 1300 in the last few months. Not only is the game 30$ to buy then you have to spend a monthly subscription to continue to play it? That kind of money they bring in should definitely pay for the work hours for them to fix this type of issue/bug content. It is sad as I played the first one and had fun, thought they would have a decent game with MOII. I appreciate the honesty, will be passing this one up,

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Game isn't for everyone, in the first game I got ganked as a fresh character right outside the Tindrem gate by a fully geared mounted axe-wielding pker. I stood my ground and fought him to the death, lost my full suit of laminated armour that I had just bought off the vendor. But the adrenaline rush was unreal. I kept playing for the next 7 years and sure, I died from time to time in those years.

My point is, the devs are fully aware that most newcomers are going to quit in the first few days once they leave Haven because of this, and they're not going to dumb down the pvp experience just to retain the majority of them. Even if they did, at some point those same players are going to quit because of some other circumstance, and there's a lot of ways that that could happen.

Whether it's them being pushed into the water or off the cliff because they went afk and a group came along and took turns to push them. Or the inevitable lone pker waiting outside of town with a bow that takes down their horse in 4 hits. Or being forced to 'drop loot' deep inside a dungeon somewhere by a large group that's roaming inside.

There will be no end to how the vast majority of players will choose to quit because of the omnipresent pvp and full looting nature of the game. Someone, somewhere, somehow is going to do those players in and make them hang up the towel one way or another.

The kind of players that SV hopes to retain are those who don't give up because they got ganked and lost all their stuff in their first few days. Those who constantly learn from their setbacks, work on improving their strategy, make changes to the way they navigate the world and take full responsibility for their own safety. They will be the ones who rule the world of Nave in their own way.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Fair complaints, funny MO1 having more than a decade of feedback we find ourselves in a shittier watered down version with the same quality of placeholder content. :S

Reactions: Daikos
Let me preface this by saying that I am indeed leaving Mortal Online and what you can expect to find here is a forewarning so that you don't waste tens or hundreds of hours of your time coming to the same conclusions just because the game has eye-candy and sound effects that entice you to stay.

Reading some of the other threads it looks like I wasn't alone in being misled by veteran players pretending to be ignorant of the problems that they have encountered or how those problems impact the enjoyability of this game or how for the sake of "secrecy and mystery" glaring flaws in the game are being swept under the rug.

First, I would like to start by stating that the complexity that you see when you first look at the skill trees is artificial. This is where I was first led astray. Many of these skills you see aren't even working, and many skills are dependent on others such that you could remove 80% of them and the game wouldn't change at all. Most skills are secondary and level up passively though gameplay and you can't even tell that they do anything at all. This game preys upon people with phone-game tactics of quick easy rewards as you see these nearly inconsequential skills level up rapidly in your chat window. The most meaningful progress you'll make is within the first hour of making your character.

Second, the combat in this game is horribly balanced and very poorly implemented. I have so many complaints about this that I don't even know where to begin. You have this game, with a massive world that almost requires the usage of mounts to do anything and then in this game you have nearly unusable mounted melee combat and a mount-charge system that doesn't even seem to work at all. You have here this game where you run faster with your weapon out, but spellcasters cannot cast without first sheathing their weapon (which does have an animation time). You have a game where the lag is so horribly bad that players have coined a new term for hitting somebody in the back as they run away due to the server thinking that they haven't yet moved. You have this game where, even with being the most expensive book in the library in the tutorial, unarmed combat entirely maxed-out is less damage than using a pig as a pet.

Third, the building and building sieging in this game is unfair. Player houses are indestructible and the limited number of strongholds on the map can't be contested or lost due to player intervention. The guilds that control the strongholds or houses next to valuable resources cannot lose them except willingly by refusing to pay upkeep even if said guild or homeowner has been inactive for a period of months. The first players to claim the territory has secured their advantage for so long as the game continues. New players have been denied opportunity and the sea of unused homes are a blight across the landscape as zerg-guilds continue to add more and more fortifications to their nation without consequence to provide their members easy access to storage or safe haven.

Fourth, the professions and market in this game are abysmal. I spent days gathering hundreds of thousands of materials, tens of hours researching the materials of nave and their purpose and use, and I can only wonder how many times getting killed on the road or around the town(s) only to discover after mining over a million ores and maxing multiple material lore that I would be unable to both craft armor and extract my own ore through mining at the same time any further. The next day when I attempted to begin crafting the steel that I had collected I discovered that the price of a max-lore, max-skill crafted set of armor was unusually low. I investigated and discovered that the ore is actually selling for as much as 2 times or 3 times the price of the crafted piece (which requires a several hundred skill-point investment) and that I had dedicated hours to acquiring and using materials that I would never personally use at a net loss of thousands of gold. People are buying the materials to level their skills, not for the armor that it produces. People are leveling these skills for "fun" and not for profit and forcing those that would gather or craft to earn income to instead kill bandits for the ten thousandth time just like everyone else.

Fifth, the community as you might expect is bad. You might have walked into a town and overheard people cheerily bantering with each other or roleplaying or having fun but largely from what I've seen this is a facade. These are the very same people who once you leave the city gates would enslave you to indentured servitude if they were able to make a profit. I've seen people on more times than I can count on both hands trick others into "grouping up" or "working together" or "being at peace" to stab the other in the back the moment they aren't looking. Half of the fights I've seen in this game involve who can turn around and stab the other in the back faster once they pass each other on the road. Players will herd together in groups to block entire cities with their mounts, block accesses to banks with their pets, and take turns spamming you with shield bash in town (which doesn't flag an individual until they have done so multiple times) to displace afk players far enough from the guards to kill them. I have had multiple people insult me for giving them free armor, my own allies attack and kill me in the wilderness, and more times than I would consider regular tell me that they would meet me somewhere and leave me waiting for 30 minutes before they arrived.

Sixth, the core ideas of the game are being undermined and prioritization of game design is being mismanaged with each new patch. Originally this game was supposed to be a full loot pvp game and I'm sure that is why many bought the game in the first place but with the addition of trinkets (necklace and 2 rings) as well as "blessed" items which cannot be dropped when killed the game is turning more and more into a typical wow-clone every day. Domination, a subskill of the ecumenical (standard practical magic) line of spells was placed lower in the priority than an entirely new specialization of niche magic, necromancy, and still does not function correctly. Upgrading to unreal engine 5 has logistical benefits but it's clear that the game's greatest priority moving forward is to improve the graphics at the expense of gameplay.

Some end thoughts:
- Players are bypassing the single character limit and creating an unfair advantage against players who want to enjoy a single-character experience.
- Melee combat is boring and feels like a slow-paced version of whack-a-mole with only 4 holes.
- Low level materials are extremely time consuming to make but equally worthless (such as bron).
- The directional voice chat system is broken in this game and sounds will come from an area opposite of where it originated.
- Weapons are still being unsheathed as invisible in spite of patch notes claiming otherwise.
- My frames per second actually go down when disabling DLSS (I believe this may be due to forced and poorly optimized anisotropic filtering)
- The colors in this game are way too saturated and the dark is easily avoided and exploited by changing gamma settings.

Veteran players are walking around in armor three times as powerful as you, with optimized builds and trinkets and game knowledge with thousands of gold in their pocket so that they can line up their horses and gank naked players at the gates of the city while they farm weeds for silver. The game is busted and even if you're masochistic enough to try to play catch-up this long after launch you'll find that this is a shallow game with poor design and the entire time you were strung along the only purpose you served was to be fodder for the pkers working on their third or fourth account while they kept it secret from you that the game sucks and that they are just here to grief people new and naive. If you knew that, then they wouldn't have anyone to kill.
https://mortalonline2.com/forums/search/235453/ this person/account still exists. That is why I support this. Oh and the constant bullying from pretty much everyone. Nothing ingame bullying. More like "you austisic fuck you suck at life i hope you die" or "im going to rape your wife" or " I kill anyone and give zero content because I want attention" This is a game about giving other people content. Its a shame. @henrik gives out free game code every week. So just know, there are atleast 50+ people on free alt accounts. Oh and the cheaters. :D don't forget about them.

First, I would like to start by stating that the complexity that you see when you first look at the skill trees is artificial. This is where I was first led astray. Many of these skills you see aren't even working, and many skills are dependent on others such that you could remove 80% of them and the game wouldn't change at all. Most skills are secondary and level up passively though gameplay and you can't even tell that they do anything at all. This game preys upon people with phone-game tactics of quick easy rewards as you see these nearly inconsequential skills level up rapidly in your chat window. The most meaningful progress you'll make is within the first hour of making your character.

Second, the combat in this game is horribly balanced and very poorly implemented. I have so many complaints about this that I don't even know where to begin. You have this game, with a massive world that almost requires the usage of mounts to do anything and then in this game you have nearly unusable mounted melee combat and a mount-charge system that doesn't even seem to work at all. You have here this game where you run faster with your weapon out, but spellcasters cannot cast without first sheathing their weapon (which does have an animation time). You have a game where the lag is so horribly bad that players have coined a new term for hitting somebody in the back as they run away due to the server thinking that they haven't yet moved. You have this game where, even with being the most expensive book in the library in the tutorial, unarmed combat entirely maxed-out is less damage than using a pig as a pet.

Third, the building and building sieging in this game is unfair. Player houses are indestructible and the limited number of strongholds on the map can't be contested or lost due to player intervention. The guilds that control the strongholds or houses next to valuable resources cannot lose them except willingly by refusing to pay upkeep even if said guild or homeowner has been inactive for a period of months. The first players to claim the territory has secured their advantage for so long as the game continues. New players have been denied opportunity and the sea of unused homes are a blight across the landscape as zerg-guilds continue to add more and more fortifications to their nation without consequence to provide their members easy access to storage or safe haven.

Fourth, the professions and market in this game are abysmal. I spent days gathering hundreds of thousands of materials, tens of hours researching the materials of nave and their purpose and use, and I can only wonder how many times getting killed on the road or around the town(s) only to discover after mining over a million ores and maxing multiple material lore that I would be unable to both craft armor and extract my own ore through mining at the same time any further. The next day when I attempted to begin crafting the steel that I had collected I discovered that the price of a max-lore, max-skill crafted set of armor was unusually low. I investigated and discovered that the ore is actually selling for as much as 2 times or 3 times the price of the crafted piece (which requires a several hundred skill-point investment) and that I had dedicated hours to acquiring and using materials that I would never personally use at a net loss of thousands of gold. People are buying the materials to level their skills, not for the armor that it produces. People are leveling these skills for "fun" and not for profit and forcing those that would gather or craft to earn income to instead kill bandits for the ten thousandth time just like everyone else.

Fifth, the community as you might expect is bad. You might have walked into a town and overheard people cheerily bantering with each other or roleplaying or having fun but largely from what I've seen this is a facade. These are the very same people who once you leave the city gates would enslave you to indentured servitude if they were able to make a profit. I've seen people on more times than I can count on both hands trick others into "grouping up" or "working together" or "being at peace" to stab the other in the back the moment they aren't looking. Half of the fights I've seen in this game involve who can turn around and stab the other in the back faster once they pass each other on the road. Players will herd together in groups to block entire cities with their mounts, block accesses to banks with their pets, and take turns spamming you with shield bash in town (which doesn't flag an individual until they have done so multiple times) to displace afk players far enough from the guards to kill them. I have had multiple people insult me for giving them free armor, my own allies attack and kill me in the wilderness, and more times than I would consider regular tell me that they would meet me somewhere and leave me waiting for 30 minutes before they arrived.

Sixth, the core ideas of the game are being undermined and prioritization of game design is being mismanaged with each new patch. Originally this game was supposed to be a full loot pvp game and I'm sure that is why many bought the game in the first place but with the addition of trinkets (necklace and 2 rings) as well as "blessed" items which cannot be dropped when killed the game is turning more and more into a typical wow-clone every day. Domination, a subskill of the ecumenical (standard practical magic) line of spells was placed lower in the priority than an entirely new specialization of niche magic, necromancy, and still does not function correctly. Upgrading to unreal engine 5 has logistical benefits but it's clear that the game's greatest priority moving forward is to improve the graphics at the expense of gameplay.

Some end thoughts:

Veteran players are walking around in armor three times as powerful as you, with optimized builds and trinkets and game knowledge with thousands of gold in their pocket so that they can line up their horses and gank naked players at the gates of the city while they farm weeds for silver. The game is busted and even if you're masochistic enough to try to play catch-up this long after launch you'll find that this is a shallow game with poor design and the entire time you were strung along the only purpose you served was to be fodder for the pkers working on their third or fourth account while they kept it secret from you that the game sucks and that they are just here to grief people new and naive. If you knew that, then they wouldn't have anyone to kill.
can't forget this gem of @tatsuya abusing help chat. One of the top streamers for this tgame and pvpers. This is how they act.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The skill trees thing is spot on. Its complete aids that you need to read like 5 books just so you can read crafting 2h sticks. You can make 1h sticks but you need to read another book and grind another skill just so you can make bigger 2h sticks. Hammers and spiked blunt heads are split into 2 skills with 0 benefits. Foootspeed, sprinting, breathing technique. When you will always have all or none of them. And none of those should be skills honestly. Etc. Its all fluff no depth.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
The skill trees thing is spot on. Its complete aids that you need to read like 5 books just so you can read crafting 2h sticks. You can make 1h sticks but you need to read another book and grind another skill just so you can make bigger 2h sticks. Hammers and spiked blunt heads are split into 2 skills with 0 benefits. Foootspeed, sprinting, breathing technique. When you will always have all or none of them. And none of those should be skills honestly. Etc. Its all fluff no depth.
I always thought the skill books were too easy to acquire and that really does make them feel like "fluff". Having certain skills gated behind accumulating Faction Rep before the vendor taught them to you would have been one way to make it feel a little more meaningful with some depth.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I always thought the skill books were too easy to acquire and that really does make them feel like "fluff". Having certain skills gated behind accumulating Faction Rep before the vendor taught them to you would have been one way to make it feel a little more meaningful with some depth.
Like specific recipe books, like dracon armor, make sense to have as a specific skill to unlock. But like basic hammers and maces, have no reason to be split. They are both worthless 50 silver books. 1h handles, 2h handles, etc. Just makes no sense.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

bleeh.

I think skills should be easier to learn, most by action, and should level well. Only, as Jatix said, crazy skills should be something. I could see if you said you had to read the book for X skill if your int was under y. Rep tho na.

Asym bows, poles, pole swords... are all ridiculously long like 200-400 BT per craft+ like 10 crafts per point. It would make sense if other things didn't level FAST. Like I said, I'd be cool w/ int helping your skill learn speed or something, but nah, plz no more gates.

Also stuff like Aggressive Stance, meleee weps, takes way too long, too.

Reactions: Jatix

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Thank you for this post, I really was thinking about buying this game but see now how many flaws it has, I checked the charst on SteamDB.com and in fact this year alone it has gone from 9000 players down to 1100 most days. not passing 1300 in the last few months. Not only is the game 30$ to buy then you have to spend a monthly subscription to continue to play it? That kind of money they bring in should definitely pay for the work hours for them to fix this type of issue/bug content. It is sad as I played the first one and had fun, thought they would have a decent game with MOII. I appreciate the honesty, will be passing this one up,

FIrst of all... let me break down some facts for you.

FIRST.
Steam charts are far from accurate. Some regions and nations are not tracked by the Steam Charts due to their local laws. So those numbers can be quite a bit off.

SECOND.
EVERY new game has a mas exodus of players a few months after launch, this is the people who jump from new game to new game and vanish as the next new thing comes out. Most of the time they are streamers, content creators or their followers.

THIRD.
Valve takes 25% of EVERYTHING sold on Steam. SO for SV to charge 30$ on a game is a pretty decent deal when you think about it. Amazon charged up to 50$ for a pre-order of that game. On both their own website AND Steam.

FOURTH.
Subscriptions are not active yet, and they dont plan on starting them till they get far closer to feature complete state than now. So they are not making "all of that extra money."

LAST...
Star Vault is a company of less than 100 employees. By comparison Star Citizen is being developed by a company with over 600 employees, and 300+ on FFXIV.

I am far from the biggest supporter of Star Vault and all of their choices but I will quickly point out how bad some arguments are like the one I quoted.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
bleeh.

I think skills should be easier to learn, most by action, and should level well. Only, as Jatix said, crazy skills should be something. I could see if you said you had to read the book for X skill if your int was under y. Rep tho na.

Asym bows, poles, pole swords... are all ridiculously long like 200-400 BT per craft+ like 10 crafts per point. It would make sense if other things didn't level FAST. Like I said, I'd be cool w/ int helping your skill learn speed or something, but nah, plz no more gates.

Also stuff like Aggressive Stance, meleee weps, takes way too long, too.
I hear ya, the plain jane skills should be easy to acquire but for some added depth to the system they need some higher tier skills that can be learned by those that choose to put in the effort to learn them. Even if those skills only give like a +10% better dura and damage to the final product over plain jane skills it'd be something better we could strive for.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I hear ya, the plain jane skills should be easy to acquire but for some added depth to the system they need some higher tier skills that can be learned by those that choose to put in the effort to learn them. Even if those skills only give like a +10% better dura and damage to the final product over plain jane skills it'd be something better we could strive for.

Yea but I mean, join me in an assumption...

You are a being in nave. You are alive, so you have some experience. You've looked at the very basic book material lore a little, probably, and you are breaking down whatever. I mean, at some point you have to know dudes would realize THIS IS SOMETHING. Ew what is this iron wooly crap that keeps sticking to my hand when I'm trying to get gf, etc.

I gotta read a book to learn how to fight from my horse, word life? :eek: Mounted charge should unlock at the level MC gets to. Books are a stupid gate. The prices are still reflective of MO1. Swift is 10, MA is 10, what the fuck. And you ever tried to level those skills? One might be tempted to actually read them on a new character, but I don't care enough.

That + craft spam needs to be addressed before they make sub live IMO.