Updates on Launch Day Issues

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Not again, whats next player GM's? i bet nobody see that comming
Gods forbid.

I prefer any system, volunteer or official, where someone simply posts on these forums exactly what was said elsewhere. It's all I asked for, and is all that I think is needed.

The problem with a Community Manager is this (and not the CM's fault):
You get someone who can be engaged with, but who is in no position to make decisions.

• Someone to collate what the community says here and pass it to the decision maker(s? I think there really is only one). Fine, as long as it's not over-filtered.
  • Someone to post Stuff Henrik Says here in detail, without interpretation? Very fine, since that's a good use of the CEO's time and ours.
  • Someone that players can be lulled into thinking they are negotiating with, when in fact what they say to the CM may not be getting all the way through, and he's not in any position to change anything? Not a good look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Gods forbid.

I prefer any system, volunteer or official, where someone simply posts on these forums exactly what was said elsewhere. It's all I asked for, and is all that I think is needed.

The problem with a Community Manager is this (and not the CM's fault):
You get someone who can be engaged with, but who is in no position to make decisions.

• Someone to collate what the community says here and pass it to the decision maker(s? I think there really is only one). Fine, as long as it's not over-filetered.
  • Someone to post Stuff Henrik Says here in detail, without interpretation? Very fine, since that's a good use of the CEO's time and ours.
  • Someone that players can be lulled into thinking they are negotiating with, when in fact what they say to the CM may not be getting all the way through, and he's not in any position to change anything? Not a good look.
I agree its a role its needed, i rather see someone from SV team to develop this task instead of a player. MO1 had community managers that were players and it felt like a role in hand of power tripping and aspiring for first hand information people, also this "bridge" between the community and SV couldn't ever condense what the community was trying to say and sometimes it felt like the criteria" to let them know some things was tainted by personal subjetive ideas.

Without a proper made code of conduct for such a role (that we can't be certain it exists) there will allways be doubt about how information is handled. If this role only serves as a secretary for Henrik thats fine i don't mind its a player but when i think this person is going to be filtering" information from the community makes me think it will probably not be up for the task and that SV is really really bad at gathering community information, opinions and feedback just by relaying this really important task to nothing but a player.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 2, 2022 at 01:27, Robmo said on the Announcements section on Discord:

Hello Everyone,

I got some new info and wanted to give you guys something before I was away for the day. The patch has progressed quite well. The node distribution and optimization has been approved on the test. The have reached a hitch with the login issue, which they are working on. If they can fix this today and testing is approved. They will be able to patch. They appreciate your patience as they want to make sure there is no problems going forward.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Krelian

Jan 30, 2022
Appreciate the info, not sure why this isn't posted on steam or the official forums.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I agree its a role its needed, i rather see someone from SV team to develop this task instead of a player. MO1 had community managers that were players and it felt like a role in hand of power tripping and aspiring for first hand information people, also this "bridge" between the community and SV couldn't ever condense what the community was trying to say and sometimes it felt like the criteria" to let them know some things was tainted by personal subjetive ideas.

Without a proper made code of conduct for such a role (that we can't be certain it exists) there will allways be doubt about how information is handled. If this role only serves as a secretary for Henrik thats fine i don't mind its a player but when i think this person is going to be filtering" information from the community makes me think it will probably not be up for the task and that SV is really really bad at gathering community information, opinions and feedback just by relaying this really important task to nothing but a player.

I'd do it if... I wasn't me. lol. There are people who are capable of doing it, I guess, is what I'm saying, even players. Basically, the community manager should serve is intake outtake, combing forums and listening to devs and relaying info back and forth. This is just a kinda prime minister role. Still better than nothing. It's funny nobody from SV has the balls to hold the flame. I mean, I don't disagree that people should get some power in that role because they need it to defend themselves from people acting like jackoffs. I remember when the CM was like Aralis or someone lol or purported to be. I forgot that kinda stuff. It was something like that tho.

But yea, it'd be a true full time job of keeping with steam/these forums + communicating with devs and hopefully having a voice the devs would listen to as well. A community 'council' would probably be better. Still, I mean I can read most of these forums and extract the info while I'm here, but I don't have time to sit here all the time and do it.

There are def capable people, but they would require a paycheck. It would not be TOO HARD to be a serious player and do what I listed, because I mean MO is kinda a troll the forums half the time kind of game anyway. Still, if it's just making public statements, it doesn't really matter who it is. It could be a bot. CM shouldn't be DAMAGE CONTROL manager. It should be someone who can get info from the devs so that they don't have to stop working AND someone who can take the info back from the community to the devs as feedback. And like I said, this is not some joke job, so it would be a salaried position. - shrug -

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Not sure if tru, but:

"Patch will not come out today. They are close to the login issue being fixed. This is not 100% but tomorrow is looking good. This includes some exploit fixes, with other fixes as well. The dev team apologizes for the wait. Be strong Mortals, they have not given up, and never will. "

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 2, 2022 at 03:52, Robmo said on the Announcements section on Discord:

Patch will not come out today. They are close to the login issue being fixed. This is not 100% but tomorrow is looking good. This includes some exploit fixes, with other fixes as well. The dev team apologizes for the wait. Be strong Mortals, they have not given up, and never will.

(Thank you SV, we're with you.)

Again, at 10:34 Robmo said on the Support Announcements section on Discord:

Scams

I feel very saddened that I have to do this. However, PLEASE do not fall for a queue scam where players know a way to get in the game for real world money. There is no special pass through the queue. Do not trade money for a fake queue scam. Stay Safe Mortals.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3115930424441694830

Added
  • Added confirm buttons to leaving & disbanding guild.
  • Added new gatherable resources to Myrland
  • Added a few more roaming bandits on Haven

Changes
  • Rebuilt the queue system to be more reliable and informative. You can now see your position and an estimate of the time you will have to wait. The new system also keeps connections alive in a better way. Part of this change made the “logging in” sequence longer but just let it do its thing and you should correctly connect. You also keep your spot in the queue for much longer now. If the game crashes while you are in the middle of the queue you now have 10 minutes to login to keep your spot.
  • Added 2 more nodes to help balance the players better in the world. This makes it so that we can take in a lot more players.
  • Improve load balance that decides when the server queue should start. This should make it so that the server only starts a queue when it needs to, leading to more players on the server.
  • Improved the startup sequence for the server to make sure that it has fully started before starting the startup queue.
  • Myrland queue message is now shown as a popup that you need to confirm in the haven city selection UI.
  • Increased some fishes strength
  • Lowered some fish values
  • Updated taming and domination messages to make them a bit more clear

Fixes
  • Multiple crash fixes in the UI.
  • Fixed issue where clicking the vertical border of the window would be detected as a drag input causing the user not to be able to stop dragging the window.
  • Fixed the correct vendor value on Clothos animal parts.
  • Fixed house doors and keep gates playing the opening animation incorrectly while loading in.
  • Fixed being unable to upgrade your house in certain rare instances.
  • Fixed decoration mode not activating while standing on top of furniture inside a house.
  • Fixed instant respawners in Myrland.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 3, 2022 at 05:18, Robmo said on the Support Announcements on Discord:

Guilds Go Yeet

This issue is likely a clean-up problem. Likely tomorrow a server reset will fix the issue. It should sort out the issue according to Joe. We will reverse time and fix this. Clarification, they said guilds only will be affected.

This is an issue they may have a fix for on there end but its not in this build. The best bet is a client restart. You keep your queue spot for 5 minutes. (NOW 10 MIns)

DNS Flushing

According to Joe, this does not do anything, what it does do it make it a little longer for you to log in. When you close the client to DNS flush, you are already "cleaning" any issues that may have been occurring. Its a placebo. As per Joe.

Again, at 05:32 Robmo said:

Queue Spots going up

They are investigating this issue, however they think what is happen is when you get the SV logo video and re login, it puts people back in their spot. Hence the up and down. Alot of people are doing this at once, so there are big jumps in queue. I will keep updating as I find things. FarmerJoe is poking around

Tzone

May 16, 2021

This is ehat is going on if you get in the game. Most people still cant get in, the queue increases and decreases on them for hours.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 3, 2022 at 17:04, Robmo said on the Support Announcements section on Discord:

Hey Mortals

While the Dev team is working on the issues and server, I will inform you of what is happening. Right now, they are performing a 24 hour rollback on the servers. What will happen is 24 hours since the server went down, ALL progress will revert to 24 hours earlier. This includes Nave and Haven. The reason this is being done is that the issues were deep. Joe is currently applying a fix to the servers and queue to fix the last patch problems. This could not have been done without the server rollback due to how "corrupt" things were. I currently do not have an ETA. If you created a character during that period, they will not be around. If you deleted a character during that time, they will return.

I will repeat I do not have an ETA while the devs ensure things will go smoothly.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 4, 2022 at 13:32, Robmo said on the Support Announcements section on Discord:

People seem to be getting stuck in haven queues, If you know you are in a haven queue, that instance is likely full. I am going to post a potential fix to get you into a random haven instance. This fix will likely clear your journal and UI saved settings.

Close game
Go here in explorer
%localappdata%\MortalOnline2\Saved\SaveGames
Delete your savegames
Restart Client to get a fresh random Haven.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 5, 2022 at 07:00, FarmerJoe said on the Updates section on Discord:

The Myrland login servers where rebooted and should be accepting login in 20 minutes.
We are aware of the fact that the initial queue number might not be correct an we are working on fixing this problem.

Again, at 04:47 Henrik said on the Announcements section on Discord:

Dear Community, my team have been working very hard on improving the capacity situation that brings a to long queue time for everyone as you know. We have identified a huge bottleneck and are as we speak running this on test to confirm everything is stable, we are doing a fresh backup of our current DB when this is finished we plan to push this baby live! Its only a server patch so no client update required. @everyone

Again, at 08:10 Robmo said on the Support Announcements section on Discord:

Hello Mortals,

If you get past the login screen and get to the screen where it says ENTER NAVE and it sends you back to the SV Screen, do this.

Quit the Game
Shut Down Steam entirely
Open Steam
Open Game
Hit Login
and you should get in

This has happened to me every time the past few days, (including 10 minutes ago) and I get in every time.

I hope this works for you.

Again, at 03:31 Robmo said on the Community Announcements section on Discord:

Morning/Evening Mortals,

I have a small update on what the team is working on. First, The actual login sequence is under control. Players are moving through the queue properly. However, It does not take a scientist to see that the queue is moving slowly, and there is an issue with the capacity bottleneck.

Their entire focus currently is to increase this capacity bottleneck. They have told me that there is a major area that they are working on which should help quite a bit. There is a second component that they also have told me, which they can optimize to assist the capacity problem. What that second thing is, I was not told specifically. A great take-away from this is that tell told me they know what is wrong, which makes their process easier.

Regarding other features, AFK timers and similar functions, their focus in this moment is to actually get more players within Myrland, so these features do not have an ETA.

Regarding this fix, I am told they will push it as soon as possible once they confirm there is indeed an improvement. What the timeline is however, is unknown.

I would like to apologize myself, as I wish I had more to tell you. I am quite eager to be able to play with you all. I am disappointed that there is not more info I can give at this time. I simply have none.

Quick Edit: Since I am asked a lot. That server update that happened last night (NA)/this morning (EU) was the one Henrik was talking about in his stream.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
There is a second component that they also have told me, which they can optimize to assist the capacity problem. What that second thing is, I was not told specifically. A great take-away from this is that tell told me they know what is wrong, which makes their process easier. (thumbs up emoji)

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 5, 2022 at 23:18, Henrik said on the Announcements section on Discord:

Dear Community,

The launch has been a struggle when it comes to handling the number of players on Myrland as you all know. We have a core vision of one world and have been working towards that for many years. Not having the ability to get real cases with the amount of players needed to progress in this field makes this a very time consuming step, and mostly, a big frustration for our players. It shouldn't feel as if our players who bought the game are testing this process. In this I have failed to make it work in an acceptable timeframe.

We have done several patches that have increased the overall stable population cap by 300-600 at a time and we are reaching decent numbers for Myrland, but not enough to support our 10k that want to play on Myrland now.

This means we have decided that we need to do what's necessary to make sure everyone can play directly. This means we will add additional continents, just as planned for future continents like Sarducaa etc, but it will be Myrland for now. You will be able to travel back and forth, as you do between different Haven instances now, and things will remain persistent with your character and guild status. However you will not be able to build on these extra Myrland continents, only on the main one.
This gives us headroom to continue our work on improving our continent's capacity. We are also working on our upcoming continents that will replace the extra Myrland continents whenever they are ready.

We need a few days until we can deploy these extra continents and let all of you in, and we will update you when we have the final day and time for this.

/Henrik Nyström and the Star Vault team.
@everyone

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Looks like SV making more Myrland servers which is the best option right now. Even if they found a way to fit 10k players into one server the map would have been over populated an over contested to do anything.