Updates on Launch Day Issues

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Just something I thought might help keep all of us informed while we wait for the ongoing launch day issues to be resolved so we can get back to enjoying this great game.* I will try to post everything I see on Discord, game website, Steam page, and any other official communication channel here on this thread.

* Notwithstanding its launch day issues which have unfortunately dampened our spirits, once resolved MO2 would be one of the top games of the decade in my opinion.

The first is an update I found on Discord in the Support Announcements section. For your reading pleasure, I have taken the liberty of adding additional line breaks though the entire post remains verbatim:

Server Queue Issues
January 29, 2022
splitter_01.png

Dear Mortal Online community.

First of all, I want to apologize for our rocky login and myrland issues that have affected most of you the past few days.

We underestimated the login pressure from players traveling to Myrland from Haven, and the current results we are getting now compared to our stress test are quite different. This is by far the biggest challenge in the entire project so far.

The team has been working 24/7 to add fixes and improvements in this area as soon as possible during the release with some progress, but not nearly enough.

We have today had a specific meeting with additional networking experts to help us faster solve the issues we are currently facing. The good news is that we now have a very good picture of the main issues and how we need to solve them. This requires a few days before it’s fully implemented the way we need it to work. This means we will have a queue number and a fully working login step. The login bounces we have had so far have been identified and we know what we need to do so solve this as well.

We fully understand the frustration of not being able to login to Myrland, and we feel the same pain as you do here.

We will pause all subscription time that is included in the game and make sure this is not enabled again until these issues are solved. If it’s possible we will also give the option to players to go back to Haven if you are in queue. There are a few cases we need to clear such as guild status when going from Myrland to Haven, so we may only start with being able to go back if you haven’t entered Myrland yet while we wait on the fixes for Myrland.

Right now we get a lot of DMs and questions regarding the login status, and we understand your frustrations. We ask you to read our updates on this matter as we cannot read all DMs we are getting sent to our devs, they need to focus on the development now and don’t want to ignore any questions you may send us, but please understand that we need to focus on the issues to be able to solve it as soon as possible, so we ask everyone to follow our update sections on this matter. We are fully aware of all reports and issues currently. We will make sure we do regular updates on our progression so you can follow that on discord/website and on steam.

We strongly suggest any new players remain on Haven so you are able to continue playing until we have further updates with the transition to Myrland.

Thank you for all your support, we will keep you updated on our progress and steps to solve this. We know you’re all eager to get into the game and we’re working very hard on making that happen as fast as possible.

Sincerely,

Henrik Nyström & The Star Vault Team

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Jan 30, 2022 at 01:21, Henrik said on the Announcements section on Discord:

Hello everyone,

We’re seeing a lot of people asking about and talking about wiping or resetting the game. There has been enough speculative comments that we want to clear this up for everyone who may be wondering.

One of the core features of Mortal Online 2 is its persistent world and history. Because of this, we will never be wiping the game, and all progress made by players is permanent.

This is not to say we will not take action against any potential cheats or dupes. Although there has been zero cases of this happening yet, these will be dealt with very harshly and any such items will be cleanly removed from the game, and the offending players banned if and when it does occur.

Although we understand that some of you are upset that you have not been able to play as much as you would have liked to on launch, we hope all of you can understand this decision and appreciate how having one persistent world is an integral part of our game, and one that we hope you will grow to love.

End quote.

Further, Henrik reiterated the update I already posted above. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Jan 30, 2022 at 18:12, FarmerJoe said on the Updates section on Discord:

We are working on improving the queue situation in Myrland and have some fixes being worked on that should greatly improve the queue and the numbers of players who can be on the server at the same time.

As a temporary step we are applying a patch to the Myrland server that reduces the disconnect time of players from 4 hours to 5 minutes to get more players rotating out and in of the server.

Myrland servers will restart soon.

Thank you for your patience while we sort this out.
@everyone

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Jan 31, 2022 at 03:54, Robmo said on the Announcements section on Discord:

Hello Everyone!

I am your new Community Manager. My name is Robmo and I am player like you. My job is to have a more direct line to the developers to help ease their burden so they can focus on what they do best, development! I have brought forth a lot of questions that have been coming up the past few days and they are looking into it. For now I can answer what I know and provide that information to you. I hope we can grow together and learn together as this is a new step in Mortal Online II’s growth. We continue to appreciate your patience and hope I can keep up with your questions. I do recommend that players look at both the update and announcement section to clear up some questions. I can provide clarification best I can as I receive answers. Please try to direct questions towards me instead of Henrik or the Devs as they need time to work. I am based in NA, so my availability is based on that part of the world. I will do my best to be connected as much as possible. Can’t wait to see you all in game!

There are some common questions that I am currently informed about, and want to address them best I can.

Is there a server restart (on and off button) happening today?

The answer is no. Right now there are people logging off every minute so restarting the server is not going to help the issue currently.

Is there a patch today?

Also no, they need the time to work on something more comprehensive. Please allow them more time to est things out.

Can I delete my character and get back into haven?

They are not deleting characters at the time. What they are planning to do is implement the option to return to haven. It is being tested right now. They want to make sure it doesn't break guilds and other functions. The would like to get this in early in the week, but this is not a promise. If things break, they will not be able to push this feature out.

Again, at 04:35 Robmo said:

Hello once again. I wanted to bring forward that with the "return to haven feature" they are going to be putting in more content in Haven. There will be more interesting things to do, whatever form that may take. Please keep in mind, this bears all on the fact the return to haven feature does not break your progress. So again, this isn't a promise, but they hope the testing will be fruitful.

For now the devs recommend you stay in Haven while the queue pipeline is being worked on.

Again, at 04:45 Robmo said:

Questions!

Are the servers at capacity?

The short answer is no. Server is not working correctly with capacity cap. What is happening is certain hotspots regions have unnormal load that sets the tempo of login.

To couple this the queue system doesn’t simply work correctly

Wanted to add some clarification, Its not that your server node is busy and you can't get into that specific node, its that certain nodes are so busy, its affecting the grid.

Alocrin

Jan 29, 2022
The land of Eh?
I appreciate your energy but amadman already started a thread with this information. We should keep it all in one spot so we're not cluttering up the forums. I did the same thing before I realized mad man had one up.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
We should keep it all in one spot so we're not cluttering up the forums. I did the same thing before I realized mad man had one up.
Not really necessary to 'keep it all in one spot'. (The Devs don't, do they? At lesat, they don't do it here.)

@Amadman & @finegamingconnoisseur are from different parts of the globe, neither of them exactly in the same time zone as Star Vault itself. If there isn't some redundancy (and, if the new Community Manager can't manage to keep up), then neither of them can ever have a day or a half a day off from doing it.

It's SO easy to just follow both of them on this forum. I recommend it.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I appreciate your energy but amadman already started a thread with this information. We should keep it all in one spot so we're not cluttering up the forums. I did the same thing before I realized mad man had one up.
I didn't realise @Amadman had started a similar thread until recently, and I'm glad he took the initiative to do so.

This is just my side project at least until the server settles down, so I expect that once that happens this will simply get buried as the focus will shift towards playing and enjoying the game.

In the meantime, I think the community would be well-served by having multiple updates from different members. Of course, people are free to follow whichever update thread they prefer, as I also follow @Amadman 's thread.

Bigdeeck

Jan 29, 2022
Honestly, can't care less about what Hendrik has to say, from the moment they took the decision to apologize but forgot to mention the big elephant in the room, not a single word about refunds for putting out an unplayable product. They want my sympathy?, then put your money where your mouth is and let people get refunds, otherwise this is just a PR stunt that I am not interested in.

Reactions: Balinor

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Honestly, can't care less about what Hendrik has to say, from the moment they took the decision to apologize but forgot to mention the big elephant in the room, not a single word about refunds for putting out an unplayable product. They want my sympathy?, then put your money where your mouth is and let people get refunds, otherwise this is just a PR stunt that I am not interested in.
Well, then, you won't have to read this?
Don't feel bad, please, if I say I think everyone should have the opportunity to know what's coming out from SV, and to hold them to account for it as far as possible.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
afk timer doesnt work went to bed afk at bank for last 8/9hours still in game

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Jan 31, 2022 at 15:15, Robmo said on the Announcements section on Discord:

We had announced the that the server has the capacity of 100k players, what does that look like?

Regarding the number with 100k server capacity, this is what the hardware can support. This support includes both Myrland and Havens. We wanted to ensure a smooth experience with Haven and we clearly have ran into issues with the server nodes and the login sequence.

What is happening when you’re in queue? Also, what is happening with the queue, what is causing the long wait times?

The queue is in fact a queue. However, there are a few functions to help players that crashes that have a cache to get a chance to get back into the game as mentioned earlier. This new feature, along with the player logout/remain system have an issue. This is what is going wrong. We are going through this system as we speak, and our plans are to have a updated queue system that handle this correctly, including a queue number to show progression.

Is there anything a player can do on their in the make getting in easier?

Sadly there is not much players can do on their side to improve this currently, we simply need the time now to sort the queue once and for all, using a traditional queue system.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I didn't realise @Amadman had started a similar thread until recently, and I'm glad he took the initiative to do so.

This is just my side project at least until the server settles down, so I expect that once that happens this will simply get buried as the focus will shift towards playing and enjoying the game.

In the meantime, I think the community would be well-served by having multiple updates from different members. Of course, people are free to follow whichever update thread they prefer, as I also follow @Amadman 's thread.

Yeah, I think it is all good as long as people are getting the info.

I would prefer @Henrik Nyström would be having someone take care of it honestly.

Leaving this for players to do seems a bit careless. Especially in times like these.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

If I was in the situation where I purchased a game I was unable to play from steam then I would focus on steam for a refund.

At the end of the day your purchase was for a Steam service.

Spend your energy there and I bet you will get your refund.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
If I was in the situation where I purchased a game I was unable to play from steam then I would focus on steam for a refund.

At the end of the day your purchase was for a Steam service.

Spend your energy there and I bet you will get your refund.
I agree with you. It may be SV's game but the distribution of the game goes through steam. If you bought a Sony monitor from a Walmart you don't scream at Sony if your want to return it an get a refund, you go to Walmart the company you bought it from. The lack of common sense is impressive with some people.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 1, 2022 at 01:27, Robmo said on the Support Announcements section on Discord:

Hello Everyone

We wanted to let everyone know that we found a issue that if you clicked cancel once, you must restart the client to be able to login again or you will be stuck in the login loop forever.

Again, at 05:11 Robmo said:

Title Screen Workload

I recommend if you choose to sit in queue, before you queue up, change your graphic settings to the lowest, and cap your frame rate. It will not hog up resources.

Again, at 05:33 Robmo said:

Conflux/Reserved Name Issues

I am working on a list for people with reserved name issues, Please DM if you are having a problem. DM me:

Mortal Online Account Name:
Steam Account:
Email:
Reserved Name:

Thank you

Again, at 08:20 Robmo said:

Character Deletion

Neither myself or the GMs can delete characters at this time. We do not have the tools.

Again, at 09:07 Robmo said:

AFK Reporting

Please do not send AFK reports to the GMs, It slows down the process a lot. Earlier I made a post about reporting, I made a mistake. I am sorry

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 1, 2022 at 01:30, Robmo said on the Announcements section on Discord:

Quick Update
We are getting close to having the login system fully rebuilt with a queue number status. Finally! We plan to have this on test bench tomorrow. Today we have finished the node distribution on Myrland which adds more capacity. So we going to have some juicy patches shorty and finally the hell login should be over. God Speed Mortals.

(And if I may say so, heck yes!)

Again, at 01:46 Robmo said:

People have been asking about a patch, they are testing right now and are hopefully patching tomorrow. However, it depends on how testing goes. They do not want to push a patch that will cause error.

Again, at 02:56 Robmo said:

Crash while in Game and Queue

When this new login feature drops, if you get kicked from queue or kicked from within the game, you'll have xx mins to return.