Updated Intelligence "Curve"

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Yes, lets just wait for everything to implemented in MO 3.

Are we then allowed to talk about balance? Or should I consider MO3 as a prototype for the real game to come with MO 4?
Sorry you'll have to wait until MO5 when all continents and the dragon are released, I mean what if veelas get a clade where they actually BECOME a dragon? If they can fly they wont need more speed right? haha checkmate MO1 vets

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
Yes, lets just wait for everything to implemented in MO 3.

Are we then allowed to talk about balance? Or should I consider MO3 as a prototype for the real game to come with MO 4?

No lets do that stupid "plateaus" and "jumps" curve, nightmare to test, and lets even do that differently for each spell, and even better lets do that BEFORE all the clades are on the game, LMAO, hope they never take you seriously.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kovah Temsik

May 3, 2021
I think a simple solution would be to lower the scaling by a bit and bump up the base values. Put a bit more into the lower levels without affecting the higher levels.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Piet

May 28, 2020
New int change treats a symptom instead of disease. The main issue was mana regen didn't work and was regenerating just fine in heavy armor while resting and psy instead of just doing damage reduction or resist chance was doing both. Mage wasn't doing enough to be worth it and being a dex mage wasn't worth the mana regen because there was no difference with resting. Instead of fixing those the whole system got thrown aside and now you have the illusion of choice but really if you don't put all points into int you are just nerfing yourself erasing all choice and nerfing magic resist by making it so you can't choose to have it.

Vergil

May 1, 2021
New int change treats a symptom instead of disease. The main issue was mana regen didn't work and was regenerating just fine in heavy armor while resting and psy instead of just doing damage reduction or resist chance was doing both. Mage wasn't doing enough to be worth it and being a dex mage wasn't worth the mana regen because there was no difference with resting. Instead of fixing those the whole system got thrown aside and now you have the illusion of choice but really if you don't put all points into int you are just nerfing yourself erasing all choice and nerfing magic resist by making it so you can't choose to have it.
Tbh, without changes to clade gifts, and buffing specific builds, there's no way to balance int / magic correctly.

Patch resulted in this:
- Fatmages - buffed;
- Dex mages - minor dmg buff (around 5 dmg), but still not worth playing due to dex being worst stat in the game;
- Hybrids - got nerfed pretty hard, requiring to dump from Psy to Int.

What should've been:
- Fatmages - kept on the same level;
- Dex mages - got buffed and dex reworked;
- Hybrids - should've received gift clades that have + / - to them. Like being able to cast spells, but reducing max armor weight etc.

Mana regen will fix nothing in these cases, and nerfing mana regen would just result in a more poorer / less dynamic PvE as a mage. (if there's any at all atm)

Mages overall need a buff, but those do not actually involve int at all. They need pinpoint buffs for specific builds. Not generic / overall solution.
And from speculations / rumors I've heard that SV might be planning to implement it like this in the future through the clade gifts.
(hopefully)

Plus, spells themselves require tweaking, to be both viable in PvP and not boring in PvE.

Also a bit offtopic:
Allowing mages to actually cast while moving would be one of the steps towards more dynamic and interesting fights in both PvE and PvP.
This can be balanced by implementing cast speed stat, which would solve lots of problems between fatmages X dex mages X hybrids.
E.g. by reducing cast speed while moving. And improving cast speed from dex (faster fingers / articulacy?)

Magic school proficiency should also affect cast speed, so it should promote spending more points into it.

But alas, I don't think it will ever happen. Just in case made a separate thread for cast speed suggestion here to discuss:

Last edited:

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
Imo I'm fine with fat mages and dex mages being where they were at, I honestly think that human mages with 6kg means we can wear a full set of ranger armor as a mage without any negative effects to mana regen is a lovely thing.

I might never outheal/nuke heal like the Fat mage, or out maneuver the dex mage. I however feel confident that I'm a solid middle ground between the two.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
anyone know if these still applies? thanks

I played last day with 108 Int/Psy and was doing more healing than listed, I believe the scaling made it so the range was 22-31 for lesser heal, 38-45 Lightning, and Outburst was like 28-34

If anything the scaling is ever so slightly higher.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
I played last day with 108 Int/Psy and was doing more healing than listed, I believe the scaling made it so the range was 22-31 for lesser heal, 38-45 Lightning, and Outburst was like 28-34

If anything the scaling is ever so slightly higher.
interesting wonder if it's still linear all the way or if it flattens after a given value. Fat mage still viable.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
interesting wonder if it's still linear all the way or if it flattens after a given value. Fat mage still viable.

Fat mage is one of the 'Meta' builds so its always viable, however you have to accept that your carry weight and speed is going to be subpar. Even if you have more HP you wont survive as well as a Dex Mage or a Human Mage. Human mage is the best middleground.

Ksenon666

Jan 31, 2022
Seems that we need some update for mages, and dex mages that will make such gameplay viable, right now (Heaven, easy mobs, no PVP) i need 2-3 Outburst with 105 int for 1 zombie, and 5-7 for 1 Bandit - but i can kill Z's with 2h Sword in 2-3 hits or with maul for 1-2 hits - same for long bows and so on - probably give mages some spell ques for 2-3 spells that should be prepared before cast, or give Dex stat possibility to shorten cast times - fat mage will still have their 138int and damage, dex and other hybrid styles will at least have possibility to do something with enemies. I know that there will be other magic schools BUT - we don't know when, and only 1 was talked about-nekro.
And addition - all builds, except mages can improve their survivability and damage by updating equipment, mages can use 1-2 types of armor, and can't change damage at all

Eliadan

Feb 9, 2022
Fair point indeed about the damage. A clade that permits 1 instant cast (of say Outburst) would help solve that, add it to INT MAX or some other Mage-type clades. Are numerous other tweeks that must eventually be done for certain. (/Lol Fatness should not be the prime-factor in magery... /Lol terrible terrible story-line element, who wants to live in a universe like that.... know it will take time to balance and make alterations, but best to tell the community those balances will definitely come)

Vargoth

Jan 4, 2024
so there are some charts showing damage of spells at every level of intelligence but they are all quite old now. anything more recent and current?