U like PvP?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If MO2 was made in the 90s, it would probably look something like this scene from Predator 2. Had everyone else on the train not been armed, the poor guy with a suitcase would've been... shall we say, ganked and looted.

Instead, what we have is, some people leave their gun at home and haul their most valuable possessions inside their pockets and hope for the best.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People wanted to use being naked at a PvP troggle off.

If you are naked trying to run somewhere then dying really just increased your travel speed to the priest in the next town. So I dont see how it matters that you died naked outside of your pride was hurt because you lost nothing.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
If we strip away the open world pvp and full looting label, this game is ultimately a cat and mouse game on steroids underneath.

Sorry to distract away from the thread.

I wonder how much influence the usage of those words have on potential style of players. How many want what the game advertises itself as more than the depth of the game (okay, shallow ocean but shhh) which is the foundations for the PvP full loot.

I've seen YouTubers (Like Asmond) try this and give it good feedback on some of the mechanics and one mechanic I see praised is the crafting, the freedom to experiment and try so many things... Yet this has been left out of the advertising catchphrase. The market being so player driven... Ignored for PvP Full Loot slogan. When TC comes in then how the players can control the land... New World devs have wet dreams over some of the stuff SV can do yet I feel that SV maybe missing something here in presentation.

Reactions: Tloluvin

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If we strip away the open world pvp and full looting label, this game is ultimately a cat and mouse game on steroids underneath.

If you are not the cat, then you are the mouse. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The key is to learn and adapt, so that you lose less and win more in future.
A lot of people think they will like games like MO, but dont, for this reason. They think its going to be wild cat vs cat. But thats almost never the case.

I struggle to comprehend that mentality. For me it was get good pierce armour (arrows) and a horse with shocknodes attached to it's balls to force it to run faster and a spare pack of Duracell just to make sure you kept going and going and going....
I think its more that you cant beat max MA zerg anyway. And if its some nub or random who doesnt really play mounted for PvP, they dont have max gear and mount. Especially in MO1 terms. MO1 had broken bred mounts. No gear or anything ever saved me in MO1 mounted. I got attacked by a max mounted and died or didnt get attacked, because I dont play mounted and my gear could never compete. and they were usually not solo anyway, making it extra un winnable. So I feel like people assume they cant win so gear just makes them look like a better target.

But anyone whos played mo for a bit should know reds kos anyone. Because the shitty standing system is garbage so once you go red you are already red so you might aswell kos everything that moves. My logic is to just not transport anything lmao. Theres not a whole lot of skill involved, its did you get zerged or not.

Reactions: Midkemma

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So why kill naked people in middle of no where? I guess you want that to happen to you too?

Also, why can't we count people due to server lines after being PK'd?

Needs to be fixed.
I have been able to report people who killed me. Sometimes multiple times to the same person.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
People wanted to use being naked at a PvP troggle off.

If you are naked trying to run somewhere then dying really just increased your travel speed to the priest in the next town. So I dont see how it matters that you died naked outside of your pride was hurt because you lost nothing.
That made me think of the only way we could potentially have a PvP toggle in this game.

Be completely naked with nothing in your inventory and you could have PvP toggled off and noone could attack you. Put 1 Granum ore into inventory and your PvP toggle goes on automatically :ROFLMAO: But then comes the question of the new "ghost" scouts then hmm...

• Haha
Reactions: Midkemma

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That made me think of the only way we could potentially have a PvP toggle in this game.

Be completely naked with nothing in your inventory and you could have PvP toggled off and noone could attack you. Put 1 Granum ore into inventory and your PvP toggle goes on automatically :ROFLMAO: But then comes the question of the new "ghost" scouts then hmm...
Outside of troggles for PvP but This game should really show you with a bag coin purse, or pack depending on if you are carrying anything that is not soul bound.

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
I dont know man, people just don't realize all the ways experienced players play the game, and they wonder why they get "mistreated".

You got kids walking around a dungeon/farmzone/towards a city, and they could be transporting, or a scout, all I know is I don't need some guy moving materials to use in GK or scout a dungeon run so they know our numbers and exactly where we are....

If the developers wanted the game to completely deter open world PvP, they would stop creating odd law/order systems, but as it stands they are trying to finesse a system that hassles\allows criminal actions instead and we get what we have instead.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
mine was full too i wasnt running pussy boy, and you aint snapping shit i seen the way you play xD you dont even bench bro, only thing you bench are burgers into your mouth while you num lock away from fights lawl
Dry leaf

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
I've run 500g naked between town naked with naked horse when a group came to kill me I just told them was naked running packages your welcome if you wanna kill me still but is it worth a murder count to grief a mailman

Was a loot pinata disguised as trash worked well for me that time.

Eink

Jan 25, 2022
Lol dude u didnt even try to attack me, how can i run away from no threat.
your whole presences isnt a threat thats why you werent attacked. names a literal joke like your pvp skills. all you got is talk but no walk to back it up, now dont you have some stuck mob to go kill or something.. you know something you can kill.. something that doesnt hit back

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
If MO2 was made in the 90s, it would probably look something like this scene from Predator 2. Had everyone else on the train not been armed, the poor guy with a suitcase would've been... shall we say, ganked and looted.

Instead, what we have is, some people leave their gun at home and haul their most valuable possessions inside their pockets and hope for the best.
LOL So much for the theory that an armed society is a polite society.